KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't shake the feeling that there is more than one perp. :( And they are all minors.

But it does sound as if LE is on top of things, here.

JMO.

That's a really interesting thought that I hadn't considered. Do you have that feeling because of the nature of the circumstances (lots of kids running around together in packs, as kids' football games tend to be)? Or am I missing some bit of information?

Maybe I am misunderstanding, no danger to the public, regardless of who did that, they are a danger to the public. And to commit a crime to such a young and beautiful little girl, you will always be a danger to the public IMO

I tend to agree with you, but LE is trying to imply that Gabriella's attacker isn't some random opportunist still on the loose. They probably already know (or at least have a good idea) of who did this, and are dotting their i's and crossing their t's, if you will.

As horrible as all this is, it's good that Gabriella was left where she was because it would be really difficult to get in and out of the immediate area without leaving evidence. There is wet dirt in which steps would be left, bushes and brush that could have snagged clothing, and grass that would possibly show a path and movements. I think when they catch up with the perp. there will be ample evidence of him being in that place.

Maybe I am misunderstanding, no danger to the public, regardless of who did that, they are a danger to the public. And to commit a crime to such a young and beautiful little girl, you will always be a danger to the public IMO

Maybe the suspect is hospitalized for some reason (my guess would be psychiatric issues if this were the case)? I dunno that's one of the few things I can think of that could cause them to make the "no danger to the public" comment. It could also fit with another comment from LE that they are trying their hardest to work around things to solve the case (paraphrasing because my copy and paste on iPad is acting up).

Maybe the suspect is hospitalized for some reason (my guess would be psychiatric issues if this were the case)? I dunno that's one of the few things I can think of that could cause them to make the "no danger to the public" comment. It could also fit with another comment from LE that they are trying their hardest to work around things to solve the case (paraphrasing because my copy and paste on iPad is acting up).

Yes, I was thinking that also. Possibly it's a youth, and the parents have admitted him to a psychiatric hospital, and hired a lawyer?

Yes, I was thinking that also. Possibly it's a youth, and the parents have admitted him to a psychiatric hospital, and hired a lawyer?

That's my thinking to be honest. To me, it makes the most sense out of what we have been told from LE and the media so far. I could be way off so this opinion is based only on what's been reported.

“I never thought anything like this would happen to my baby, never in a million years,” says Amy Doolin, Gabbi’s mother. “I thought she was safe because every time we had been there, she knew I told her where she could go and where she couldn’t go, never to go outside the fence.”
http://www.wtvq.com/2015/11/18/no-arrests-after-childs-murder/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

So, she must have gone out of the fence willing. Or maybe she was playing out there with friends?

you can't arrest someone in the hospital?

That's a really interesting thought that I hadn't considered. Do you have that feeling because of the nature of the circumstances (lots of kids running around together in packs, as kids' football games tend to be)? Or am I missing some bit of information?

Primarily because I think that the speed and proximity of this crime would require more than one person complicit in its execution.

Also, how many adolescents attend this sort of function solo? My assumption is that the murderer is a minor teen and that another minor, possibly more were present.

Again, this is all based on my gut feeling and I did have egg salad for lunch, so take it for what it's worth.

Primarily because I think that the speed and proximity of this crime would require more than one person complicit in its execution.

Also, how many adolescents attend this sort of function solo? My assumption is that the murderer is a minor teen and that another minor, possibly more were present.

Again, this is all based on my gut feeling and I did have egg salad for lunch, so take it for what it's worth.

Egg salad, eh? Hmmmmm. 'Splains a lot, as they say.... lol

If there were more than one, and they were adolescents, then one of them will talk -- and it shouldn't take long. One by him/herself, probably not, but more than one, yes, one of them will get scared and talk in a tumble of tears. Sooner rather than later, IMO.

How long does it generally take to get things like DNA results back, does anyone know?

Hello - I've followed this site for several years when a headline would catch my eye. I very much so want to see justice for Gabby. Could the wait perhaps be for forensic results such as dna? I can't recall how long something like that takes. I'm really hoping LE is just waiting on dna to confirm a suspect.

Hello - I've followed this site for several years when a headline would catch my eye. I very much so want to see justice for Gabby. Could the wait perhaps be for forensic results such as dna? I can't recall how long something like that takes. I'm really hoping LE is just waiting on dna to confirm a suspect.

Awww....yes you have New Mamma! Welcome! Yes, certainly IMO the wait is forensics,

:wagon:

I would think the wait has something to do with the funeral as well as forensics, etc. They'll want to wait a few days after the funeral? Sometimes criminals go to the funeral of their murdered victim, so the police may be there observing the public. IMO

I cannot believe there has not been an arrest. Perhaps we are all wrong and it's not a youth after all . I cannot imagine a teen/ youth to be able to evade LE and effectively lie and cover his tracks for this long. So maybe LE knows who the perp is and knows he's not going anywhere because they're watching him and waiting for some good lab results . :please:

Gabriella's mother said "they" to refer to whoever took her baby girl away. Probably shouldn't read too much into that I guess. I want more information/an update so badly. I have been sick all day today over this tragic case. I am usually pretty tough and non-emotional but this one is getting to me. It makes me want to throw up and I am so angry that our children can't play with their friends in safety whenever and wherever they want to do so! :mad:

"I thought she was safe. You never know. You just never know. She was my baby and they took her away. I want justice," an emotional Amy Doolin told reporters.

http://www.lex18.com/story/30539015/funeral-arrangements-announced-for-7-year-old-murder-victim

I kind of got the impression that when Gabby was found it was investigated as a drowning and not a homicide. IIRC after her body went to the medical examiner he/she called it a homicide and investigators went back out to the scene the next morning or so. I'm afraid if the scene was not preserved as a crime scene a lot of contamination and foot impressions may have been compromised.

JMOs

https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte/?fref=nf

Certainly could not have helped to have volunteer searchers entering the crime scene. Also, if this is a spot that is frequented by students there may be a lot of material to sort through forensically.

IIRC, I think they called it a homicide right off the bat. I need to go look that up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member