KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of got the impression that when Gabby was found it was investigated as a drowning and not a homicide. IIRC after her body went to the medical examiner he/she called it a homicide and investigators went back out to the scene the next morning or so. I'm afraid if the scene was not preserved as a crime scene a lot of contamination and foot impressions may have been compromised.

JMOs

Sorry, I think you mixed up cases perhaps? This case was officially
deemed a homicide.

Certainly could not have helped to have volunteer searchers entering the crime scene. Also, if this is a spot that is frequented by students there may be a lot of material to sort through forensically.

I kind of got the impression that when Gabby was found it was investigated as a drowning and not a homicide. IIRC after her body went to the medical examiner he/she called it a homicide and investigators went back out to the scene the next morning or so. I'm afraid if the scene was not preserved as a crime scene a lot of contamination and foot impressions may have been compromised.

JMOs

https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte/?fref=nf

They knew it was an homicide immediately on finding her little body..I don't know why.

Certainly could not have helped to have volunteer searchers entering the crime scene. Also, if this is a spot that is frequented by students there may be a lot of material to sort through forensically.

Sadly if they could only have gotten to her a few minutes sooner, they all could have helped. Her time of death was only 7 minutes before her little body was found.

Well, I just now found the area on google earth and there is clearly a pond there. I have been convinced this had to be a young perp., probably a teen, in part because it seemed the perp. had to be on foot. But now that I see the area on the map, I am not so sure. There is a road that goes right to the pond. A creeper could have hidden his car there, walked to the game, abducted Gabby, and then fled in his own vehicle after killing her. There are two buildings there that may be residences. If no one was home, a perp. could have easily hidden a vehicle with no witness. He would not have had to go back to the game or any surrounding parking areas to get back to his car.

There are almost 50 registered sex offenders in that county. :(

Sadly if they could only have gotten to her a few minutes sooner, they all could have helped. Her time of death was only 7 minutes before her little body was found.
This is what is so chilling to me. What in the world happened to her?

They knew it was an homicide immediately on finding her little body..I don't know why.

I am glad you clarified this, I was under the impression that they found her and once she went to ME it was declared a homicide. Perhaps because I initially read about this in MSM first before coming here and quickly skimming the first pages of the thread.

ETA: Just wanted to add that I am glad LE is playing this so close to the vest, and not releasing details about how she was found. I was watching killer confessions yesterday and it is surprising how many will slip up and say some small detail which they could only know being the killer!

I wonder if police are waiting until after the funeral today to make an arrest (thinking the perp may be a close family friend or relative).

This is what is so chilling to me. What in the world happened to her?

I haven't even heard a single rumor, but it must have been very obvious as soon as her body was found. Immediately this was called a murder.

I haven't even heard a single rumor, but it must have been very obvious as soon as her body was found. Immediately this was called a murder.

Regarding the TOD being so close to the time of discovery (7 minutes), I have wondered if Gabriella might have been incapacitated (unconscious?) for some time before she stopped breathing. Please God, let her have not been in pain. I can't bare to even think about it.

IIRC, I think they called it a homicide right off the bat. I need to go look that up...

Y'all might be right. I am basing my thoughts on the twitter and FB accounts of Chris Conte with NC5 out of Nashville. I posted his FB link on the last page. He was there in town, and if you scroll down a ways he says she was found "dead in the creek". Then the next morning or so calls it a murder with investigators going back out. My main point is, did anyone protect the scene properly to preserve evidence.

JMO's

Hello - I've followed this site for several years when a headline would catch my eye. I very much so want to see justice for Gabby. Could the wait perhaps be for forensic results such as dna? I can't recall how long something like that takes. I'm really hoping LE is just waiting on dna to confirm a suspect.

:welcome:

to
:websleuther:Websleuths,:websleuther:

:cheer:NewMama!!:cheer:

We are glad you have joined us!

:party::party:

In the Kyrian Knox (2 year old murdered in August or September this year) case, it took weeks for Dna analysis to match him to the body parts found in a Chicago lagoon. :( But I think the time period varies from state to state, depending on which lab they use and how big a backlog they have.

There are 2 recent bookings ,Nov 18, into Allen County jail. Both sec offenders failure to comply with sex offender registry.

In the Kyrian Knox (2 year old murdered in August or September this year) case, it took weeks for Dna analysis to match him to the body parts found in a Chicago lagoon. :( But I think the time period varies from state to state, depending on which lab they use and how big a backlog they have.

In Kyrian's case they had to submit DNA twice since the first sample was contaminated. http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151104/NEWS/151109753/?Start=2

Hi all,
I am blessedly a bit naive so bear with me. I am flabbergasted by how quickly all of this happened. Are there "thrill killers" who target little girls? I suppose there must be. This was an incredibly risky abduction/murder.
Things I've read and child killers is there is more to it for them than just the final act why and how did all this occur so fast?

"I cannot say a lot, but believe me we are trying to do everything within our boundaries, that is allowed, to bring this person to justice" - Sheriff Cooke

http://wreg.com/2015/11/16/7-year-o...er-she-was-reported-missing-at-football-game/

This could just mean "we can't beat him until he talks... but we are doing everything else that we can."

This is the quote that leads me to believe it's a juvenile who may have been put in a psych hospital and then lawyered up right away. LE stated there was no threat to the community so that would further fit in with this scenario.

JMOs

https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte/?fref=nf

I would think anytime a body -- adult or child -- is found dead with no explanation and/or in an unexpected place, that LE would treat all those cases as "possible homicides." Put up the crime scene tape, post a LEO there 24 hrs, and investigate first thing the next morning. Surely, surely, that was done in this case. It's just basic procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14