KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be why the LE has stated that the public is not in danger. Maybe they have arrested the perp on another charge.

A similar thing occurred in NC -- Some of you may be familiar with the April, 2012, disappearance and suspected murder of 23 year-old Pfc. Combat Medic Kelli Bordeaux in Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC. The main suspect was a drifter (my word), Nicholas Holbert who was with her the last time she was seen by friends. Weeks later, Holbert was arrested in April, 2012, for failure to register as a sex offender and another sex offender type charge, and he remained in jail, unable to post bond. He finally admitted to the murder of Bordeaux and was sentenced to LWOP in August 2015.

LE did look at other suspects in this case, but things kept seeming to come back to Holbert.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eaux-23-Fayetteville-14-April-2012-*ARREST*-1

I haven't heard too many details of this case, but I'm very curious. I just wanted to point out a very recent case in Dallas. A young women was murdered tragically and our community was told that we were safe, basically not to worry. It took weeks to arrest the perp. Turns out they were waiting for DNA results but I guess he was being watched? Perhaps it is a similar situation here.

Another thought, similar to what you guys posted re: the possibility of a younger perp(s), perhaps a ganging up, bully type situation, "mean girls" or boys. Maybe hit her on the head with a rock, drowned her etc. Maybe just to see someone die (If this is not sexually motivated/related to a pedophile).

Yep, I've thought about that as well -- somebody jealous (a girl, most likely), or somebody acting tuff (a boy, most likely), and talking & walking big -- some kids gang-up on her & things go quickly & get too-far-too-fast -- panic, and making sure she is quiet and trying to hide her.

And I'll say again, if this is what happened, one of those kids will get scared and tell it all -- soon. JMO.

Sad day in our little town. Pink/blue balloons and ribbons in hair, on mailboxes, at businesses...Pink feathers in my boys cowboy hats...LE is out. One was standing on the porch of the church where the funeral will soon start. My autistic son, who does NOT like people much....Mentioned as we drove by, that he wanted to hug that police officer. I nearly collapsed. This tiny non-social boy, out of the blue...Said this. He wanted to hug him, for all he and the others are doing to find this killer...AND he did just this...I just cried!

LE is out! ALL over! They take this personally, as though this were their own child. One friend told me today, that her husband had been stopped each evening coming home from work. They were checking people that had out of state tags, she thought. They will catch this monster...They just want to do this right, so no sloppy mistake lets this monster go free, as has happened in the past.

I am certain there will be new NEWS reports, as I saw cameramen, dressed in dark vests, carrying equipment to the church....This community will forever be changed!

Oh, how sweet of your children -- now I want to hug your sweet and special son!!! Beautiful story in the midst of this tragedy. Little children with such sweet, pure thoughts of love... tears here, too!

:hug:

I don't think at 7 there is any girl drama. Thinking back to my own, girl drama didn't start until at least 10 years old.

I'm still of the belief that this is a male, teen or older. Someone familiar with going back there and goofing off, since it was held at the high school, that's how they became familiar with that area in back by the "creek".

I also wonder about the announcements and the perp freaking out and killing her.

Blessings today for the Doolin family as they lay to rest their 7 year old daughter.

Agree definitely about the distance and short window of time! was thinking maybe girls that are 11-13 hanging with the younger girls, being ring leaders

Oh, how sweet of your children -- now I want to hug your sweet and special son!!! Beautiful story in the midst of this tragedy. Little children with such sweet, pure thoughts of love... tears here, too!

:hug:

Thank you! My children have been through a lot, but never anything like this! They are very kind and sensitive! This child is actually 14, very tiny, very intelligent, but also very child-like. He and his brother wear cowboy hats everywhere and this wee one wears spurs....So no one better mess with him! We just adore him, he is so stinkin cute! He holds our hands when we go out....Thankfully!!!! My kids are home-schooled, so they don't have a little devil on their shoulders, reminding them that real boys don't put pink feathers in their hats or hug police officers. They dance to their own drummers! They are deeply, deeply saddened and shakened over this tragedy. On a day where our community would have a difficult celebrating anything, I am celebrating this huge step my son made...Never in a million years would I have thought he would break out of his shell and hug this officer. I am so proud of him and proud of the law enforcement, that has given my son the confidence and trust to do this!

Blessings today for the Doolin family as they lay to rest their 7 year old daughter.

Agree definitely about the distance and short window of time! was thinking maybe girls that are 11-13 hanging with the younger girls, being ring leaders

I don't think at 7 there is any girl drama. Thinking back to my own, girl drama didn't start until at least 10 years old.

I'm still of the belief that this is a male, teen or older. Someone familiar with going back there and goofing off, since it was held at the high school, that's how they became familiar with that area in back by the "creek".

I also wonder about the announcements and the perp freaking out and killing her.

I definitely agree...They were familiar with the back of that property. I live here and wouldn't have known if it wasn't for having a child go to school there and her escape back there during school.....

I think this is going to be someone Gabby could identify. This case is chilling for any parent. My kids ran in groups at e football little league football games. This is truly sad. My heart goes out to them

ETA: I agree this is going to be a young person under the age under the age of 18 with no vehicle. Unless they come out and say sexual assault then I'm not 100% sure this was a male. There have been a few cases of teenage girls doing this. I don't want it to be anyone but with what we know about this case and the history of others it looks like a troubled young person....

Re: the aspect of nobody seeing anything as far as Gabby possibly being led away by a predator or being forcibly scooped up, if that is the case, this doesn't surprise me. Here is why:

I have stood in the exact same spot where ARS "randomly" abducted Jessica Ridgeway (Jessica was walking to school, ARS ( a 17 year old who lived closeby) saw her walking, and in a split second was able to scoop her up, put her in his car, zip tie her, and drive away unnoticed). What gets me is that it was broad daylight, in a populous residential area with houses everywhere and very close together, there would have been people out walking their dogs, bicycling, walking to school, driving by heading out to work...all it takes is a few seconds sometimes. How nobody saw anything blows my mind...

Add the fact that people are less aware of their surroundings imo due to being on their cell phones, headphones, etc...

Roselle, words cannot express my understanding of what your community must be going through, especially since it has not been announced that the killer is in custody.

I hear ya JerseyGirl, more than likely a male of course, (and a sexually motivated crime imo), but just for the record/discussion purposes, I have seen bullying by my students as young as 7 (and female), as well as violent behavior by kids even younger than that. I had a 5 year old student (autistic) who kicked another boy very hard in the head on purpose. He also struck me, actually. Again, not saying that is the case here or that this is common. Also, even though Gabby was only 7, there could have been older kids involved.

Again, agreed, chances are high IMO that this is a younger perp, like Gabe Gaeta, ARS, or Adrian Gonzales (the list goes on), but I think it's still on the table that it could be someone older, like Hailey Owens' killer, Craig Wood (he was actually a coach and elementary teacher's aide), or Cherish Periwinkle's killer...(that list of older perps goes on too...). Jmo.

Roselle ... can you provide a link to a local TV station there so we can watch the news?

Thanks

Was hoping for an arrest by now.... darn it all. :(
If this was possibly an older girl, maybe someone like Alyssa Bustamante (sp) ??
Could have been an adult, but the fact no one noticed anything makes me think Gabriella was with kids, older kids, or teens ?
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members