Identified! KY - Gray, WhtFem 192UFKY, 24-35, In Refrigerator, Apr'85 - Epsy Regina Black-Pilgrim

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

She is red-headed and about the right size/shape, that's true. I just don't know if she would've been able to get from living "her" life to that of our victim in under a year.

"It would be totally out of character for Mary Ann to voluntarily leave her son behind, or to leave without contacting her mother, who she used to speak to every day." ...to hitching with truckers.

I am glad people are still looking for this girl. Thanks.

This is confusing to me. I noticed one person thought it meant she was asking for a ride to NC over a CB radio and she was calling from the Pinville Area.

Pineville is the county seat of Bell County, Ky. That is the next county south of where gray is along US-25E.

Also something I noticed with her. The color of her eyebrows are more telling than her hair color. Looking at the PM photo, I think you can see that her eyebrows are sparse but definitely red. If I had to guess she was probably a real brassy red from Irish or Scottish descent. The "brown hair" can be throwing us off a bit. Maybe she was trying to be 80's punk rock-ish by dying the front a darker brown? ~Just a vibe/mho

OT/BR: My best friend Dan also had really dark moles all over his body, even on his back. His Surname was McMurphy, and his Mom was the brassiest red I've ever seen.

Don't mind me..I really like to think "out of the box"..sometimes WAY out of the box..LOL

Another, out there theory: how awesome would it be if she were a chimera? If the front of her hair was brown and the back of her hair was red.. and they were BOTH natural..she could quite possibly be two different people in one body. (Through twin absorption.)If that's the case maybe the reason we haven't gotten a "hit" on the DNA profile; was because they submitted the wrong DNA that didn't provide us a match. Given the possibility that she may have had the breast anomaly too..that could have also resulted in her being a twin.. Just a theory..you don't have to take that part seriously. But genetics is AWESOME. JMHO

Actually Jen, that's a GREAT way of thinking. Most of the hill folk here are from Ireland and Scottish immigrants. Also, Kentucky does have a kind of dark reputation, as most Kentuckians already know. Heck, we even had an FBI agent in Pike County, get busted for murder.

Ex-F.B.I. Agent Admits Slaying and Gets 16 Years.
A former agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation was indicted on a manslaughter charge today, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 16 years in prison.

It was believed to be the first time anyone had been charged with committing a crime involving homicide while an agent for the bureau, said Terry O'Connor, special agent in charge of all F.B.I. offices in Kentucky. :(
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/13/us/ex-fbi-agent-admits-slaying-and-gets-16-years.html

Oh, one more thing. The Eagle Necklace. My dad had one just like it. His was a silvery/pewter color (probably solid silver.) He received his while he was in the Air-force. The more I look it up on google images the more I'm convinced it's the Air Force Eagle. JMO

Also, Kentucky does have a kind of dark reputation, as most Kentuckians already know. Heck, we even had an FBI agent in Pike County, get busted for murder.
Ex-F.B.I. Agent Admits Slaying and Gets 16 Years...[/url]

I don't mean to get off topic, but this made me think of one of the year's biggest news stories in my area.

A police officer (Jason Ellis) was murdered just a few miles from where I sit now last year. I don't think they have a clue about the murder, as all you hear is always gossip or unsubstantiated rumor. If it wasn't an inside job (ie another cop) then it was somebody who knew a lot about him.
He was ambushed at a local exit of the Bluegrass Parkway. He wasn't driving his usual squad car that night and the car he was driving didn't have a working camera. Unless someone KNEW he'd be in a car without a camera, they got REAL lucky that he didn't have one. The only reason I mentioned another officer is that it is WAY too big of a coincidence to be mere dumb luck. I can't think of anybody else that would know he wouldn't have the camera on him that night.

New addition to NamUs:

Kelly Frances McBride

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25246/0

73bac6c5-79b7-4943-8656-633e49356300.jpg
192UFKY.jpg

The particulars aren't real close.
Date LKA: February 18, 1984
Date of Discovery: April 1, 1985
(13 months)

Kelly's Height: 5 feet 1 inch
Jane Doe Height: 4 feet 11 inches
(2 inch discrepancy)

Location LKA: Northampton PA
Loc of Discovery: Gray KY
(650 Miles)

But she does look quite a bit like our Jane Doe.

How would they compare her without any DNA or dentals, CarlK? Do they look for a relative to submit DNA? I am just wondering for other cases as well as this one.

New addition to NamUs:

Kelly Frances McBride

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25246/0

73bac6c5-79b7-4943-8656-633e49356300.jpg
192UFKY.jpg

The particulars aren't real close.
Date LKA: February 18, 1984
Date of Discovery: April 1, 1985
(13 months)

Kelly's Height: 5 feet 1 inch
Jane Doe Height: 4 feet 11 inches
(2 inch discrepancy)

Location LKA: Northampton PA
Loc of Discovery: Gray KY
(650 Miles)

But she does look quite a bit like our Jane Doe.

I think she looks a lot like Jane Doe, but it sounds like she was murdered by her husband in a manner that caused her to bleed a lot--so probably not a match. Some articles here:

http://articles.mcall.com/keyword/kelly-mcbride

In comparison to the PM photo, I think the UID looks a lot like Martha McNiel. Missing date 4/18/1984 (only if Martha lost about 5 lbs from her MP photo) age: within range, hair: strawberry/blonde, eyes listed as blue not hazel, height: off by an inch, weight: off by 5 lbs. From Wilkes County NC. DNA: Inquiry Underway..I also seem to think they're both broad at the shoulders even for a petite frame. (I have the same issue.) What do you guys think?

I came to suggest the same lady and saw that you already had. She fits in a lot of ways.

She is 5'0" (UID about 4'11").
Weight is about the same.
Hair/eyes are the same. And her hair looks lighter on top, so it probably just sun-bleached like that naturally.

McNiel was said to have a history of drug/alcohol abuse and was possibly fleeing from domestic violence, which to me would suggest she could be hitch-hiking with truckers. If she were doing that sort of thing for a year, I could see how her weight would fluctuate a little.

Besides that, she was asking for a ride to NC (where McNiel is from).
One of the things that really got me thinking was the eyebrows.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcniel_martha.html

This has probably been linked before, but it tells us (rather bluntly) why there are so many UID's (rather than known victims) in cases like hers.
So, so, so sad.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...,4728169&dq=body+refrigerator+knoxville&hl=en

hooker hitch.JPG

Exclusions as of 17 August 2014 (https://identifyus.org/cases/82)

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Melody Jones 1963 Oklahoma
Valerie Larkin 1947 California
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois

Here's my reconstruction for this Jane Doe.

8e5e3e5f-1402-4b87-8acf-f8c015ed6e87.jpg

I have absolutely no way to prove this because I am obviously not a professional. I am not trying to demean them at all, but on what grounds did they rule her to be 25-35? She looks much older than that. Her body had been preserved for 1-4 days, so there was minimal decomposition. They weren't testing age from bones.

Except, I good see her having lived a bit of a hard life on the road. So, I don't know.

I have absolutely no way to prove this because I am obviously not a professional. I am not trying to demean them at all, but on what grounds did they rule her to be 25-35? She looks much older than that. Her body had been preserved for 1-4 days, so there was minimal decomposition. They weren't testing age from bones.

Except, I good see her having lived a bit of a hard life on the road. So, I don't know.

I was thinking the same thing. She looks like she's in her 40s to me.

polio scars were given to people born in 1965 and some in 1966. by 1967 they were given shots that did not scar.

I think the person that killed her in was a local..he knew about the appliance dump. He knew how to get there quickly with a body (I do not believe she was pushed in wearing only socks and a few other items. I believe he kept her clothing as a token. Just wish we could find her..she was probably a drifter without much family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back