KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 9, 2024
“I’m going to kill a lot of people. Well try at least,” Joseph Couch, 32, wrote in the text message, according to the warrant affidavit filed in court. In a separate text message, Couch wrote, “I’ll kill myself afterwards,” the affidavit says.

The Lexington Herald-Leader identified the woman who received Couch’s messages as his ex-wife. ...

After receiving the message, the woman contacted law enforcement and was interviewed at approximately 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

The affidavit, written by Capt. Richard Dalrymple of the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office, said that before authorities received the first report of the shooting about 5:30 p.m. Saturday, a dispatcher in Laurel County received a call from a woman who told them Couch had sent her the text messages at 5:03 p.m.

In response to that call, police initiated a tracker on Couch's cellphone but location wasn't received until 6:53 p.m., the affidavit states, almost 90 minutes after the highway shooting.

Last edited:
Today's 3pm presser for anyone who missed it:

Authorities provide update on manhunt for Kentucky man accused in I-75 shooting​

At about 3:54; the trooper mentions "dogs".
SAR ?

Sooo... As well as the officer mentioning despite people being wounded (some seriously :() ; no one has died.
Perp is looking at serious time but prob. not life w/o parole.
It sounds like LE are onto the right person --as if it wasn't him and he could prove it, he'd have already turned himself in ?
And it sounds like he acted alone.
There's no one else out there doing this.

Please let no one else be harmed.
He has to be getting hungry and bitten by bugs ?
If he's holed up somewhere, hope they can find him.

Just turn yourself in, Joe C. !

Imo.
Omo.

More details about Couch's arrest in February for the incident that occurred in 2023.

SEP 9, 2024
... According to a Knox County warrant, Couch allegedly threw a rock at another man’s dog and when asked why he did so, he started cursing, went inside his home, and came back armed with an AR-15.

He then allegedly told the man that he would kill him and the dog, per court documents. The warrant states that the man’s 9-year-old daughter was present for the entire exchange.

More details about Couch's arrest in February for the incident that occurred in 2023.

SEP 9, 2024
... According to a Knox County warrant, Couch allegedly threw a rock at another man’s dog and when asked why he did so, he started cursing, went inside his home, and came back armed with an AR-15.

He then allegedly told the man that he would kill him and the dog, per court documents. The warrant states that the man’s 9-year-old daughter was present for the entire exchange.
He shouldn't have been able to buy this new gun recently

SEP 9, 2024

in 2015, Couch was arrested and charged with second-degree criminal mischief and third-degree unlawful transaction with a minor. According to a Whitley County arrest citation, he supplied a 17-year-old with alcohol and spray paint that the pair used to vandalize numerous county properties.

Post from CBS news
Even this article says the shootings were at 5:30 PM. It was really between 9:30 and 10 AM. Why can’t the media get things right? Pretty picture of Kentucky though.

Post from CBS news
Even this article says the shootings were at 5:30 PM. It was really between 9:30 and 10 AM. Why can’t the media get things right? Pretty picture of Kentucky though.
The shooting was indeed in the late afternoon, not in the morning.

jmo

Edited to add: For reference, look at the first postings on this thread.

SEP 9, 2024
“I’m going to kill a lot of people. Well try at least,” Joseph Couch, 32, wrote in the text message, according to the warrant affidavit filed in court. In a separate text message, Couch wrote, “I’ll kill myself afterwards,” the affidavit says.
Bbm.
Snipped for focus.

Wonder if he's somewhere planning another attack on innocent people he most likely has never met ?
If he is, he may wind up going out in the proverbial blaze; but I hope not as LE could be killed.
Either that, or pass judgment on himself.

He could very well get a life sentence, the bolded statement to the ex sounds like premeditation.
Omo.

Bbm.
Snipped for focus.

Wonder if he's somewhere planning another attack on innocent people he most likely has never met ?
If he is, he may wind up going out in the proverbial blaze; but I hope not as LE could be killed.
Either that, or pass judgment on himself.

He could very well get a life sentence, the bolded statement to the ex sounds like premeditation.
Omo.
I think he’s probably already dead, or just trying to escape if he isn’t.

I’m just hoping they find him eventually, but I think there’s a chance he is never found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back