Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

There was a search made of the neighborhood and the common property behind these homes. There is a nature park and trail for the subdivision, and these areas were searched, 3 weeks after Mike went missing. This was on the news.

As a resident of the neighborhood, I can only confirm that we saw a cadaver dog truck at the house... and a small, brief police presence at the entrance to the nature trail. The timing is correct- 3 weeks after. I'm not aware of anyone witnessing an actual search ... including either dogs or police. There were 2 crime scene unit trucks at the house for one day (same day as cadaver dog pickup... at the three week mark).

The common area behind his house is a narrow wooded area that backs up to a road. There is no nature "park", only a small, 1/4 mile nature trail that loops around about 2 acres of wooded area. The nature trail itself gets a bit of traffic from people walking and running, and kids playing on the trail, and in the creek running adjacent. It's doubtful he could be in the nature trail area without having been noticed.

The attached image shows a sat view that includes the house (which is in the bend in Woodmont Park Lane ... lower right). You can also see the narrow wooded area that backs up to Reamers Rd, and the wooded nature trail in the middle, which also backs up to Reamers Rd.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 199
Never knew Robin to have bi-polar disorder. He did suffer from clinical depression. Robin's early-stage Parkinson's disease was diagnosed in March 2014. I know for a fact that his wife Susan had no suspicions that anything was out-of-the-ordinary (this, from someone close to her).

Both my parents suffered from Parkinson's (Dad survived 3 years, Mom 19 years). Parkinsonism is a syndrome ( much like diabetes) that affects most who are stricken differently and patients die from the complications of PD. Mom showed no symptoms until the last year of her life at 90. Dad only had the shuffle and stone face until he died. Anyway, Parkinsonism cannot be confirmed until an autopsy is completed.

I can't remember the last time I read (or saw on TV) reports of a group of volunteers searching for a missing person within the LMPD area. I'm wondering if the LMPD has all but eliminated this type of thing. Or, maybe I'm completely wrong. ???

I did find this LMPD policies and procedures manual (Revised 2014) and Section 8.32 covers "Missing Persons"

https://rcfp.org/bodycam_policies/KY/Louisville_BWC_policy.pdf

Oops! I didn't realize I could not copy and paste from FaceBook, so my post was removed. The rules say I can paraphrase. Totally my fault,I should have read the rules.
You all can check it out yourselves, but the family was asked about searches, etc., and said the police have asked them not to conduct any searches. I have no idea if a family has to abide by this or not, but the impression I got from reading the response was they were fine with it. I myself would have questioned that.

Can you post a link to the page? Thanks

I just read some of the "visitor posts" on the "HFMK" FB page, and there is a comment on 9/2/15 which mentions rumors and the hope that Mike got out soon enough.

While I wish I knew what was going on (the rumors), I'd feel better knowing LE has all the info.

And, I especially hope Mike had trustworthy friends here in L-ville and was able to reach out to them.

Sorry I called that a "park". I thought that there was a playground in that area or place for kids to play. My mistake.
So are you saying the police searched the wooded area that runs behind the houses? Or did they also cross Reamers Road and search that patch of woods I see behind the houses but on the OTHER SIDE of the road? And what about that huge area of woods I see at the "top" of the map? Did they search there?

So, it is not reported anywhere if the wife said the doors were unlocked when she discovered Mike missing? I wonder if he went out the front or back door? Also, has it been reported that Mike had guns in the house? And if so,we're any of them missing?

So, it is not reported anywhere if the wife said the doors were unlocked when she discovered Mike missing? I wonder if he went out the front or back door? Also, has it been reported that Mike had guns in the house? And if so,we're any of them missing?

Early on, it was said that the back door was "open"... but I don't think that has been confirmed, or clarified (e.g. meaning unlocked? or physically open?) Have not heard anything regarding guns...

I can back that up 100%. EVERYONE has always liked Mike...even his ex-wife has good things to say about him. In high school, he was very handsome and popular, ran with the "jock" crowd, and was still always friendly to all the other kids. Outgoing, good hearted, well-balanced and had a smile for everyone. I've never heard anyone say a single bad word about him.

I totally understand speculation and examining every possibility, but if you knew Mike, you'd find it hard to believe that he'd walk out on his child or commit suicide. Not that those things are impossible, of course--shocking things do happen--but they're extremely unlikely in his case.

I sure hope he is found safe and well. But, after three months I have my doubts. Suicide fits in as a plausible action based on the lack of any other clues. I know it's unbelievable, but many competent, capable, seemingly happy people live with their demons we never see. I know. I saw that with my brother.
We've discussed several scenarios (and trust me, I have even privately considered alien abduction!), but we are still stuck on dwell until someone, or something is discovered. This is such a stressful case for me personally, since I live nearby and wonder if that could have been my family impacted if it was an intruder. I wish there was more I could do to solve this! It's so frustrating!

I do not think this is a case of a random intruder or abduction. I think Mike was a specific target if this is not a walk away or suicide.

I feel terrible for his family as it sounds like they are getting no information or assistance. The frustration expressed on the Facebook page they started for Mike is palpable and heartbreaking! The only saving grace and shred of hope is that many times LE knows much more than they let on to the public and are working very hard just below the surface when people perceive nothing is happening.

The only saving grace and shred of hope is that many times LE knows much more than they let on to the public and are working very hard just below the surface when people perceive nothing is happening.

RSBM

My hope would be stronger if they hadn't waited 3 weeks to search his home :(

I just don't understand why it took so long???

I wonder what they were told by the person who reported him missing. Purely conjecture on my part, but was he reported missing as a totally CYA act by someone who wasn't really missing him, but felt his family would be suspicious when they did not hear from him. I do not believe he was reported missing out of concern for his well being! Again, speculation on my part!

Depending on what the police were told, they may not of felt an urgency to search, particularly if Mike was being portrayed as being mentally ill or unstable.

Yeah...totally my opinion but there are what seem like extremely obvious clues that definitely do not point to suicide. People who think this was a suicide are the minority.

Yeah...totally my opinion but there are what seem like extremely obvious clues that definitely do not point to suicide. People who think this was a suicide are the minority.

What are those clues?

Please expand on this. What exactly are the "extremely obvious clues"?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RSBM

My hope would be stronger if they hadn't waited 3 weeks to search his home :(

I just don't understand why it took so long???

After the 3 week delay, the case was reassigned to a different group of detectives. This was on the news!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back