Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I regularly DVR and watch a TV show named "Crime Watch Daily", and on today's episode I learned some things I found alarming. As most of us here on these boards are aware, there's a nationwide database named NameUS that collects information on unidentified bodies recovered and missing persons throughout the US. According to today's episode, however, many MANY unidentified and missing persons in the USA are NOT listed in NameUS, AND even more surprisingly is that is common that LE does not know of the existence of a national US database NOR submit their cases to the collection. Instead, these uninformed precincts simply maintain their own missing and unidentified cases. Sadly, unless they're contacted by another precinct looking for a match a person may sit months or years unclaimed in their morgue or buried as a John or Jane Doe. This is especially true for adults since they do not get the publicity that child cases receive.

Of particular concern to me, how many people potentially die in another precinct? Perhaps the family gets lucky and they get some regional or national attention for their loved one... Maybe.... JUST MAYBE.... someone in the right precinct holding the deceased body recognizes some identifying information like a tattoo or something else, but that's a slim chance. What if the body has already decomposed or perhaps further decayed? Unless that DNA profile is entered into NameUS this person may never have dignity in death.

Another concern this show brought up today is that too often, a DNA sample will be harvested from a recovered body but often sits in a drawer or on a shelf collecting dust, most often they are NOT sent for analysis (any NameUS since they don't know of the existence of such a database) until the LE receives a call inquiring about a potential match. How many John and Jane Does sit without dignity in the US because no one bothered to submit the DNA profile to NameUS?

I know I've gotten off-topic with Mike, and I apologize. But I'm returning..... I live in Kentucky, although I'm about 90 minutes from Louisville (Mike's hometown). Louisville is a border city... It borders southern Indiana. There are three major interstates that I'm aware of that intersects in that city - interstates 64, 65, and 71. The Ohio River also divides Louisville from southern Indiana.

Mike's disappearance by any means forced or voluntary,could have been one of many routes, including these interstates with some anonymous person. There's the airport but of course everyone federal agency in the country would probably know if he left by commercial airline.

I do wonder:

- are there any unidentified bodies found in the Ohio Rive since 5/29/15 near Louisville or in the direction the current flows?

- are there any LE precincts in KY or southern Indiana that have unidentified males reported or unreported to NameUS since that date?

- IF a person leaves an airport on a private airplane (say for example Mike had a friend, possibly a friend who's a pilot with his own air craft or access to a private air craft at his disposal), would they be subjected to the same identifiable scrutiny as commercial passengers? Personally I have flown for business (PRE 911) on private air craft and we simply entered a totally separate section of the airport, parked our car, walked onto the runway and boarded the private plane). It was a domestic flight so we landed in much the same manner - completely anonymous.... Has this changed??

All I've written regarding the Ohio River and Southern Indiana is not my consensus that he has committed suicide or is a victim of homicide. It's simply the only area that I feel that I can search for information that can be publicly available.... These are, IMO, only avenues that can be explored or confirmed explored to rule out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Facebook page run by Mike's family is still up and running. In fact, they are requesting that December 20th be a day of prayer for Mike, in a concentrated effort to find him.

The one linked earlier was no longer working. Not sure why.

KYAngel, we have a plane at a county airport, and we don't need to show ID or even file a flight plan when we leave. We don't have security, and rarely use the FBO, since we have a gate pass. When we fly into or out of larger airports like Charleston International, or Myrtle Beach International, we still don't need to show ID for anyone with us. It is amazingly anonymous. They don't even Know who is actually flying our plane at any given moment.

KYAngel, we have a plane at a county airport, and we don't need to show ID or even file a flight plan when we leave. We don't have security, and rarely use the FBO, since we have a gate pass. When we fly into or out of larger airports like Charleston International, or Myrtle Beach International, we still don't need to show ID for anyone with us. It is amazingly anonymous. They don't even Know who is actually flying our plane at any given moment.

TY Dockins. Of course it's unlikely this has happened in this case, but it's still interesting to consider since it is entirely possible and cannot be entirely ruled out. With mass terror in the US in such a heightened state, it's surprising that planes can move so freely and anonymously... Imagine if a terrorist boarded a private plane, armed with any type of explosives or none at all... He/she could easily attack a defenseless commercial airliner. That's frightening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope like heck that noticed nothing that diabolical happened to Mike. I would not see why he would be singled out and abducted for something so exotic in of all places , Louisville Ky. But we just don't know what happened. I too have though suicide all along. And he is there in one of those clumps of woods near his house. I just know it. Everyday I wonder if I will hear about it on the news.
As far as there being any John Does deceased in other cities, we can only hope that someone looks into that on Mike's case. But I know how disorganized these agencies can be, so that would be a thought.

I hope like heck that noticed nothing that diabolical happened to Mike. I would not see why he would be singled out and abducted for something so exotic in of all places , Louisville Ky. But we just don't know what happened. I too have though suicide all along. And he is there in one of those clumps of woods near his house. I just know it. Everyday I wonder if I will hear about it on the news.
As far as there being any John Does deceased in other cities, we can only hope that someone looks into that on Mike's case. But I know how disorganized these agencies can be, so that would be a thought.

We've been called everything under the sun, but exotic wasn't one of them.

Wasn't it previously posted that the wife woke up in the middle of the night & noticed MK wasn't in his bed? I can't find it now, but if it was, did they sleep in separate beds/rooms?

I can't believe he hasn't been found. In the beginning I thought the wife knew more than she was saying. I'm still there. So unsure.
All MOO

I've never believed Mike walked away. That doesn't mean anything, of course. But Mike - for some reason - has stuck with me. He may well be in the woods somewhere, but I won't believe he did himself in unless the forensics come back 100%. Maybe in 10 years this will be re-examined as one of those "we know who did what but had no proof" cold cases?

This is such a disturbing case. So many unknowns or maybe I should say "unrevealed."
I spend a long time yesterday reading every post and comment on the family's Find page for him, as well as read all the posts on this thread. I am sure I missed some info because I get the feeling some had been removed, but that happens when you don't follow a thread in real time.

As far as a timeline (I'm all about the timelines) please correct me if I have any of this wrong:

May 28 He goes to his son's kindergarten graduation and to Chuck e Cheese, then presumably home directly afterwards. DO WE HAVE ANY STATEMENTS ABOUT WHAT TIME HE WAS LAST SEEN AT THE RESTAURANT? (by someone other than his wife) What time did he leave Chuck E Cheese???
May 29 (3:30 am according to Namus entry) his wife realizes he has left the house
May 30 He is reported missing to the police case #80-15-040958 Louisville Metro Police (again according to the NamUs entry) DO WE HAVE A TIME FOR THE MP REPORT?
June 2 (?) His wife lets his TN family know that he is missing.
June 16 Law enforcement is at the house on Woodmont Park Lane they have dogs and search the area near the home.
June 19 The first msm report is released and this is when neighbors find out he is missing.
June 24 His parents and sister create the Help Find Mike Kimsey fb page
July 27 His info is entered into NamUs #29613
Nov 3 LE has dive team search the quarry on Old Henry road after dogs hit on a scent in that area. (They find nothing.)

I think that was all that was actually in msm. I can't recall if other searches were publicized. I know there was more put out there, but might just be rumor, so I left it off.

Sorry if this was all done already. Is there anything else to add?

I think in most of these cases, even when it's someone we know, or who is known to us, there is SO many details we don't know about. In many of these cases I see friends/family (and enemies too) making comments on FB FIND pages, msm articles, etc., saying things that has never been mentioned in MSM articles or police statements. Often, the kinds of things revealed about the person don't paint them in the best light. Or, they're just rumor or flat out lies because of this reason or that.

That's a big part of the reason I really appreciate WS's TOS about discussing things from reliable sources (LE, MSM, SM of verified media, etc.). If we start going down rabbit trails of every accusation made against someone, we'd be all over the place with absolutely nothing to back it up or to disprove it either.

just moo.

Here's a February 2015 news report about LMPD/missing persons. The report talks about their website "... which has already paid off, bringing in tips and expanding the unit's reach".

I continue to wonder why James Michael Kimsey has never been listed on this website.

https://louisvilleky.gov/government/police/missing-persons

"Thousands of people disappear in Louisville every year. The search for them is such a big task for the Louisville Metro Police Department that there's an entire unit dedicated to investigating the cases."

http://www.wlky.com/news/Missing-in-the-Metro-Inside-LMPD-s-Missing-Persons-Unit/31239560

I honestly don't know what to think. I do not think "he just walked away". I think the wife is hinky. But, I also am not willing to discount a suicide. Unfortunately, I have very real experience with a completely unexpected suicide. With what is being said, I want to know IF there really is a note and more importantly, what evidence is there to support any theory.

Most frustrating to me is the COMPLETE silence in this case. Where is Mike??? Why haven't the police or media updated the public on anything???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back