Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, it's not at all uncommon for bodies to be missed by searchers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:(

Question-If the family doesn't feel LE or ME are doing their job, can they request outside help? Do they assume it was a suicide and would rather not publicly comment or do they think it's possible he could have been murdered and they don't want to put forth the effort of investigating or possibly leaving a child with no parents? (Sorry that was uncalled for, but this case has me so angry). Did he die of natural causes? I hope I'm wrong, but I feel as though they just swept Mike's life under a rug.

Police confirm body found in Oldham County is missing UPS pilot
Posted: Jan 20, 2016 12:44 PM CST Updated: Jan 20, 2016 2:08 PM CST

RIP Mike.

I guess that's what happens when you don't work a case right and; in my opinion, they screwed up this case from the beginning. I don't feel like they were involved with it because he was accused of being mental, leaving on his own, etc. I don't understand how it would take a dog eight months to find a bone and drag it to the neighbor's yard. I don't believe the overgrown vegetation would've stopped them from doing that. When was that body actually placed there?:shame:

:(

Question-If the family doesn't feel LE or ME are doing their job, can they request outside help? Do they assume it was a suicide and would rather not publicly comment or do they think it's possible he could have been murdered and they don't want to put forth the effort of investigating or possibly leaving a child with no parents? (Sorry that was uncalled for, but this case has me so angry). Did he die of natural causes? I hope I'm wrong, but I feel as though they just swept Mike's life under a rug.

The parents hired a PI some time ago and per comments on the FB page tried to engage the FBI. His mother said tonight she thought he was murdered on the WDFB news interview.

Police mentioned toxicology results multiple times.

I've followed this case on and off, really sad to hear this news.

I just hope the autopsy show something, anything, that will solve this case properly. Meanwhile, I wonder if his lovely wife now gets the life insurance....

I've followed this case on and off, really sad to hear this news.

I just hope the autopsy show something, anything, that will solve this case properly. Meanwhile, I wonder if his lovely wife now gets the life insurance....

If the COD remains undetermined I wonder too. Most/many policies have an anti-suicide clause

If the COD remains undetermined I wonder too. Most/many policies have an anti-suicide clause
Generally, the suicide clauses expire two years after the policy was taken out. So as long as the policy wasn't recent, it should pay out.

I couldn't agree with you more. His mother said on the news tonight she believed "he was murdered" and they've hired an investigator. Hoosier, I think a lot of people are just as angry as you are. I am for sure!

@Rocky Road - just wanted to say thinking of you and all Mike's friends and family. While you might have expected this news some day it must still be a huge blow to everyone who knew him. Hope you're doing ok.

RIP Mike. I hope your soul is in peace now that your body has finally been found.

Am I the only one who thinks the phrase "give closure to either side of the family" is odd? Why not just say "the family"? At the very least, he's acknowledging that the family is at odds with the wife. At most he's saying that he can't confirm to mike's family that he was murdered...perhaps by the other side? JMO IMO.

Sadly, it's not at all uncommon for bodies to be missed by searchers.

True. But, given that there was no evidence his credit cards were being used, no reports that he left home for a love interest, and he still was under a physician's care (not yet given the okay to return to his UPS job), then I'm of the opinion, LMPD should have widened the search area (heck, his body was located just about 2 blocks away), used tracking dogs as well as cadaver dogs, AND searches should have been conducted much sooner.

I guess the LMPD Missing Persons Unit is just too overworked.

"It's a very, very busy unit," said Sgt. Donny Burbrink. "Last year alone we had 2,247 reports."

It's so very sad that it took this long to find his body so close to his home. (As WS'er "Anchorage" has contended all along)

Same link I posted previously:
http://www.wlky.com/news/Missing-in-the-Metro-Inside-LMPD-s-Missing-Persons-Unit/31239560

They searched same place THREE times and with search dogs and found NOTHING. What about the odor and it being hot...then all of a sudden when it gets cold the DOG FINDS A BONE? That makes not one bit of sense to me. :shame:

I think they're saying because it's winter there is less foliage so the area was more easily accessible. For all we know Mike might have forced his way in there to hide and take his own life on the very night he disappeared.

That said, any sniffer/cadaver dog worth its salt should have found him even if he wasn't visible to the human eye. So either he hasn't been there the whole time, or the police searches fell way short.

I just hope the PM yields results one way or another. Fingers crossed.

They searched same place THREE times and with search dogs and found NOTHING. What about the odor and it being hot...then all of a sudden when it gets cold the DOG FINDS A BONE? That makes not one bit of sense to me. :shame:

I'm sorry (just got home a short while ago and watched the wdrb report), and I guess I missed the news about that area being searched three times previously, was it in an earlier report today or months ago??

So he waded through thick brush in the dark, possibly without shoes, to kill himself?

Wow... Having a really hard time believing this one!

It's what Lt. Todd Kessinger said today at the conference. I don't see how you can search the same place THREE times and not find a body. The smell alone should've alerted somebody. That body was supposedly there the whole time and a dog just happens to find a human bone in the dead of winter. To me this is a very bad smell.

​Hoosier952, his mother said on the news tonight "she believes Mike was murdered".

Anchorage, you have contented all along you thought he was near the house and it turns out he was on 7/10 mile away. I'm just curious why you have always thought that. :thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back