KY KY - Katie Gray, 10 months, West Paducah, 29 Nov 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Casshew said:
[font=Arial,Sans-serif][font=times new roman,arial,helvetica][size=+0]Her father, Johnnie Gray, wrote a poem for his daughter that was read at the memorial. Pastor Mike Moynahan recited,

"One day this nightmare will be in the past and reunite us together at last."

[/font][/size][/font]
I see he's very talented..... :rolleyes:
I just can't but think they either by neglect due to alcohol or criminally did something to Katie.

Today's Paducah Sun and Channel 6 News report that the search for Katie may resume this weekend, if conditions in the creek are favorable. Sandbars, new and old, in the vicinity of where Katie was said to have been dropped in the water, will be dug up when the water level drops enough to make the sandbars accessible. (It's supposed to rain, beginning tomorrow, through the weekend, so the search may have to be postponed once again.)

McCracken County Coroner Dan Sims says conditions are getting better for a search -- Sims also says not a day goes by that he doesn't think about Katie Gray. "She doesn't deserve to be out there, even though we know it's just a shell that's there. She doesn't deserve it. She deserves proper burial, and not to be in a creek bed" --->>

http://www.wpsdtv.com/articles/stories/public/200502/15/00EM_local_news.html

Coroner Sims seems to be the person directing further searches.

To date neither the McCracken County sheriff or DA have commented on the Grays' claims that they have taken and *passed* polygraphs.

Thanks for the update LP; I pray Katie is found soon....

Today I drove by the Massac Creek area where Katie was reported lost and saw that searchers are out in force, even a mile or more down creek. The predicted rains didn't happen so far this weekend--just misty and cold--so the creek water level remains down. So sad to think of Katie's body still strapped in that car seat and buried in a sad bar, somewhere...and still not found as yet.

The water level is low now so the dogs searched the sand bars and banks, but they didn't have any luck. McCracken County Coroner Dan Sims says, "We have not recovered anything yet but our cadaver dogs are still showing interest in this area. So it leads us to believe hopefully we're in the right area." Sims also says search crews will return to the waters early next week, if the weather permits. - http://www.wpsdtv.com/articles/stories/public/200502/19/0EOO_local_news.html

God love her. That's all I can say. One day we will all know the truth.

The rains didn't come although it's been misty and damp. I don't know how many hours went into searches this weekend, but searchers were out and heavy equipment was out near the main search site.

There've been no reports of progress on local broadcast news or newspaper. It appears obvious that Katie has not yet been found.

Lady Sleuth said:
I am beginning to have doubts that Katie was swept away in that creek.

Lady Sleuth, that thought has crossed my mind many times too. This is so sad.

Prayers for Katie.

This is so sad. This same thing happened down here in Greenup Co. Kentucky not long before this poor baby disappeared. The family drove through a swollen creek and everyone got out the child was older than this baby though i do believe the child was still in a car seat the father got her out and lost her in the water. The fire Dept. we are on as well as all other local dept.s and l.E. searched for days after the water went down a few days the poor baby was found miles down the creek wrapped in a barbed wire fence. She had been swept down the creek and where there was a large bend in the creek she went straight instead of flowing with the creek so she went through a field and the fence stopped. Bles her heart. And alcohol was a factor here her father was intoxicated and he went to the hospital along with other family members because of being wet and weather conditions their body temp. had dropped and the dad had hurt his back (boohoo). Needless to say the mmother returnrd to the search and the dad went to jail.

Hi Chrystal. I'm in Paducah and didn't hear about the child in Greenup County creek. I'd like to read more about that case, especially the recovery. Do you have the child's name so I can find information on line?

Cadaver dogs were used last weekend to search in the creek bed area where Katie supposedly disappeared but obviously Katie is still not found. Today is a beautiful day and as far as I know the search at the creek continues today. The general consensus seems to be that Katie's body must have been buried in the creek bed by the swift water which moved sand and created shifting sandbars.

LovelyPigeon said:
Hi Chrystal. I'm in Paducah and didn't hear about the child in Greenup County creek. I'd like to read more about that case, especially the recovery. Do you have the child's name so I can find information on line?
LP my p.c. crashed and i have just been back online a couple of days now. I am trying to catch up everything I will contact our Fire Dept. and get information on this little girl. I do know that she went in on route 7 and was found several miles down stream.

Maybe So said:
10 months old is sort of old for being in an infant carrier with handles any more...and any other kind of car seat would be pretty cumbersome to carry. Much easier to hold the child in my arms or on my hip at that point.

I don't think I have ever seen a child as large as a 10 month old fit into an infant carrier....
It's not unheard of. Also, many parents put off buying a larger seat, and continue to use the infant seat long after the child has outgrown it. These people sound like they didn't have a lot of money, so I could see them doing that. If I were trying to escape a flood, and my child were in an infant carrier, I would probably leave her in it. If she were tightly strapped in, I think I'd have a better chance of holding onto the handle of the carrier than holding onto a wet, squirmy baby. So that doesn't strike me odd. But their changing story does - especially the cigarette stop.

jaeger said:
It's not unheard of. Also, many parents put off buying a larger seat, and continue to use the infant seat long after the child has outgrown it. These people sound like they didn't have a lot of money, so I could see them doing that. If I were trying to escape a flood, and my child were in an infant carrier, I would probably leave her in it. If she were tightly strapped in, I think I'd have a better chance of holding onto the handle of the carrier than holding onto a wet, squirmy baby. So that doesn't strike me odd. But their changing story does - especially the cigarette stop.

It is odd to me though that they can't find Katie. Especially since she was supposedly in a car seat. I can see a body dissapearing but a body in a car seat seems like it would be easier to find. Of course she could have slipped out of the seat....but then wouldn't they still find the car seat somewhere by now?

from http://www.wpsdtv.com/articles/stories/public/200503/08/00GC_local_news.html
Dan Simms, the McCracken County Coroner says the search for Katie will not continue on a regular basis. Instead a scaled down version of the search will take place periodically.

Katie's mother, Sandy Gray is sitting in Ballard county jail tonight on her second driving under the influence charge.

Tom Emory, the lead investigator on the case says Sandy Gray told him she is pregnant with her second child.

I don't know why neither the car seat nor Katie's body have been found. There has been some speculation around here that the seat with her strapped in it could have made it's way down stream all the way to the Ohio River that first night she was reported missing.

I read in our local news that wth all the rain and snow the country has had this winter, they're expecting a lot of flooding in the spring and early summer. That will impede the search and make it that much harder to find Katie.

She is pregnant again :rolleyes:

poor katie, I hope they find her remains soon so she can be buried and have a service.

Casshew said:
She is pregnant again :rolleyes:

Pregnant and clearly still DRINKING Cass!!

I still find this whole think "hinky"!!!

I too pray the find katie and the TRUTH!

If my baby was missing, I don't think I'd be partying and having sex. :silenced: :silenced: :silenced:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back