GUILTY KY - Kayla Williams, 17, Kortney, 14, & Ethan Frensley, 5, murdered, Roaring Springs, 15 Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No mother should have to bury her two teenaged daughters and kindergartner son. My heart goes out to her.

I thought the exact same thing when i heard this. Why in the world would he have noticed the license plate unless he thought there was something suspicious, and if he thought there was a reason to look at the license plate then he would have taken down the whole #, right? And then after listening to the hearing, I could not understand why the lead detective could not answer any more questions than what he did. He kinda acted like he didnt know alot, but being the lead detective, he wouldve known more. I believe that Kevin Dunlap committed this crime because there is evidence, but some things are just not making a lot of sense at this time. I still have a hard time believing that this family did not know him, for a lot of reasons, but mainly because of how violent he was toward those kids, knowing that he has kids of his own. I know I am running a lot of things together, but I have a lot of things on my mind.

I think part of it is that we can't accept the fact that this woman was in her yard, minding her own business. It started out such a normal day with no warning of the things to come. And this man just brutally attacks her and her children for no reason. And it appears that he targetted them from an earier visit checking on their house that was for sale. I know it's hard for me because it tells me that not only are we not safe on our property but I may not be able to protect my children. That to me is terrifying!

Mcdraw,
Yeah TERRIFYING, I agree!!! I have a 9 yr old that I no longer let go outdoors by himself. We live in rural area also. Both of my kids have been sleeping with me since this happened. It hit so close to home!! It makes me look at everything differently. Maybe, in a couple of weeks, the details wont be on my mind so much and I can live normal again. I feel so bad for this mother, but it seems like she is holding it together much better than I could. I am glad she is trusting in God to get her through this, because I dont think she could get through it without him.

It makes paranoid after awhile. You want to put a 10 foot high fence around your whole house with motion sensors and video cameras. That is no way to live.

I see it much less here than in other places, but I think everyone should remember that this man may be innocent.
LE was under a lot of pressure to make an arrest as soon as possible, I'm not saying they did but it is entirely possible that they acted prematurely, due to the pressure to act quickly.
I am trying to think back and as best as I can remember, I don't know of a single case of a rapist waiting for more people to come to the scene of the crime in order to kill them.

Just based on what has been released, I don't see why they are holding this man in custody. Unless I am mistaken, the head detective testified that the surviving victim, in a photograph lineup, in the hospital, I would guess in a sedated state, only said that looks like him, and only after using her hand to block off part of the photograph.

I'm no lawyer, but why aren't they screaming from the rooftops the results of the DNA testing, in my mind the DNA means a lot.

Trace

I've been reading every one's remarks and not many defend the way you have. With all of the evidence that has been released it is pointing to Mr. Dunlap. Either he did it or has had one hell of a streak of bad luck. To me this isn't the matter in question. I want to know more about what Mr. Dunlap was like before the crime was committed to get a better understanding of his personality. Lets look at what we know about him. He joined the army at 17 years old in Dallas, Texas. Hm E10 are you military? Just wondering. Mr. Dunlap lived in Cisco, Texas. Here is another thought. E10 what is your reasons for joining web sleuths? You don't have any post prior to this incidence. I also found you on AR15.com where you have been a member since Aug. 07. They to have threads of this case that you have posted. Again you do not have any prior to this case and again you are in his defense. You sign off as Trace at the end of your post. Just being my curios self seeing on AR15's site you too where from Texas I looked you up. Just so happened a Trace Dunlap popped up from Cisco, Texas. Could it be possible that you are a relative of Kevin Dunlap? If so would you care to give us an incite to his past behavior and personality. Maybe it would help to clear somethings up.

I see it much less here than in other places, but I think everyone should remember that this man may be innocent.
LE was under a lot of pressure to make an arrest as soon as possible, I'm not saying they did but it is entirely possible that they acted prematurely, due to the pressure to act quickly.
I am trying to think back and as best as I can remember, I don't know of a single case of a rapist waiting for more people to come to the scene of the crime in order to kill them.

Just based on what has been released, I don't see why they are holding this man in custody. Unless I am mistaken, the head detective testified that the surviving victim, in a photograph lineup, in the hospital, I would guess in a sedated state, only said that looks like him, and only after using her hand to block off part of the photograph.

I'm no lawyer, but why aren't they screaming from the rooftops the results of the DNA testing, in my mind the DNA means a lot.

Trace

Your right he is innocent until proven guilty. I'm not sure he waited on the kids to kill them as much as he may have waited on the girls so he could rape them. This is just my opinion. I believe the police found other evidence and really won't need her identification. Again just my opinion. I wonder why he apparently lived a law abiding life all these years then killed three children and tried to kill their Mother. Everything I have heard so far makes me think he did it but he is innocent until proven guilty.

Has anyone heard any more about this? When is his trial? Is Kristi Frensley doing okay? It seems to me like they got the right guy and I am sure they know what they are doing, but i would like to know FOR SURE that this was him and that there were no others involved.

He's guilty as sin. Especially after being such a "chatterbox" with LE.
What i don't understand is his stupidity in not destroying or attempting to wash blood off of the evidence.
He obviously had to have stalked and fantasized about killing and raping Kristi for some time. Especially being that he could view her yard from his old house. He has the military skills to stalk without being caught.
He kills 3 children and attempts to kill Kristy. Then he burns down the house to destroy evidence. Yet he doesn't get rid of blood stained evidence or attempt to clean it up that he brings home. Was he saving it like that to relive his crime or was it just plain stupidity?
Also was he in the military with any of her ex husbands? Same units; run ins etc?
His motive sounds like he was just a sicko who was obsessed with her for some reason or another in his mind.

Has anyone heard any more about this? When is his trial? Is Kristi Frensley doing okay? It seems to me like they got the right guy and I am sure they know what they are doing, but i would like to know FOR SURE that this was him and that there were no others involved.

Grand jury is scheduled for November 12, Dunlap remains in jail without bond:

~snip

"Kevin Wayne Dunlap, 36, of Hopkinsville is charged with the Oct. 15 murder of the three children and the attempted murder of their mother as well as rape, kidnapping, burglary and tampering with evidence. A Trigg County grand jury is scheduled to hear the charges Nov. 12. Dunlap remains jailed without bond in Hopkinsville. "

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock News/1981894/

I don't think this link was posted here before. It has a few more details of this horrible crime and the investigation:

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock News/1970347/

He's guilty as sin. Especially after being such a "chatterbox" with LE.
What i don't understand is his stupidity in not destroying or attempting to wash blood off of the evidence.
He obviously had to have stalked and fantasized about killing and raping Kristi for some time. Especially being that he could view her yard from his old house. He has the military skills to stalk without being caught.
He kills 3 children and attempts to kill Kristy. Then he burns down the house to destroy evidence. Yet he doesn't get rid of blood stained evidence or attempt to clean it up that he brings home. Was he saving it like that to relive his crime or was it just plain stupidity?
Also was he in the military with any of her ex husbands? Same units; run ins etc?
His motive sounds like he was just a sicko who was obsessed with her for some reason or another in his mind.

There's nothing that says you have to be smart to commit such a crime. Heck, most of these guys are dumb as sticks. Dunlap just didn't plan this out well, otherwise he wouldn't have tried to rape Kristi when the kids might come home.

I've been reading every one's remarks and not many defend the way you have. With all of the evidence that has been released it is pointing to Mr. Dunlap. Either he did it or has had one hell of a streak of bad luck. To me this isn't the matter in question. I want to know more about what Mr. Dunlap was like before the crime was committed to get a better understanding of his personality. Lets look at what we know about him. He joined the army at 17 years old in Dallas, Texas. Hm E10 are you military? Just wondering. Mr. Dunlap lived in Cisco, Texas. Here is another thought. E10 what is your reasons for joining web sleuths? You don't have any post prior to this incidence. I also found you on AR15.com where you have been a member since Aug. 07. They to have threads of this case that you have posted. Again you do not have any prior to this case and again you are in his defense. You sign off as Trace at the end of your post. Just being my curios self seeing on AR15's site you too where from Texas I looked you up. Just so happened a Trace Dunlap popped up from Cisco, Texas. Could it be possible that you are a relative of Kevin Dunlap? If so would you care to give us an incite to his past behavior and personality. Maybe it would help to clear somethings up.
Good sleuthing!! Too bad Trace hasn't responded. They have to be related - it's so obvious this monster is guilty.:bang:

Sorry, I have been busy for a few days, just got back on the computer and find I am once again making waves here.

Yes I am a member at ar15.com, I had been reading the thread on the same subject there, that is the reason I joined here, I was going to post the location of that thread in response to some of the other members, here, that were looking for it. Someone had commented on here that it was hard to find your way around that other board and wasn't able to locate it.

Unfortunately I am not the Trace you found on the internet, I wouldn't use my name on a message board, too many crazy people out there. My usename is referring to Trace-Evidence, (was my line of work before I retired).

I also am not defending anyone, just pointing out some questions in my mind, I have been lurking around here for a while now, and it seems a place where people are willing to look at all sides.

Trace (evidence)

Welcome trace(evidence), it's good to look at all sides :)

(bump)

Have there been any updates on this case? I hope Ms Frensley's physical wounds have healed... what a horror she must face, rebuilding her life without her 3 children.

it's my understanding that there are a couple of other hearings scheduled prior to the trial date. the prosecution indicated that it could take several months to get some test results back. There has been no "discovery" of evidence as of yet, so the defense is asking for that, and for the right to have all evidence tested by their own experts. There is of course a bond hearing scheduled, but not much chance the suspect will be bonded out. A lot of legal wrangling.

misscoyoteblue, thanks for the update & welcome to Websleuths!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann
Back