Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He's already been out all night and all day today. However, in watching the aerial views, I did not see any water close to the home, unless I missed it. I hate to imagine him near water. He's so little, he could be most anywhere.

I’m thinking of puddles at bottom. Of ravines, marsh land, not so much creeks or ponds. It’s just soggy in KY.
7pm news updating now, but nothing new. Showing copters, K9 & boots on the ground. It seems like so many searchers coming in so late in the evening. Oh oh....they just called off the search for the night. Per wlex.

I’m thinking of puddles at bottom. Of ravines, marsh land, not so much creeks or ponds. It’s just soggy in KY.
7pm news updating now, but nothing new. Showing copters, K9 & boots on the ground. It seems like so many searchers coming in so late in the evening. Oh oh....they just called off the search for the night. Per wlex.
Are they really stopping the search? Completely? With a missing 2 year old? Casey Hathaway (age 3) case in North Carolina had searchers continuing 24/7. Wonder what's up?

Are they really stopping the search? Completely? With a missing 2 year old? Casey Hathaway (age 3) case in North Carolina had searchers continuing 24/7. Wonder what's up?
The search for a missing 22-month-old boy from Magoffin County has been suspended for the night, according to Magoffin County Rescue officials.

While Magoffin Co Search and Rescue suspended its search, there are still volunteers out continuing the search efforts. One group has dogs and a drone.
Search Missing Magoffin Co. Toddler Suspended For The Night

I think, from what little I know, no one is sure how long the little guy was gone, before anyone missed him.
I’m afraid, he’s entangled in weeds/sticker bushes or rolled down a ravine.
With the number of boots on the ground, any tracks he might have left have been disturbed, imo.
It’s already chilly. His family must be terrified he’s spending a second night in the woods.

I’m desperately afraid he rolled off a ravine & is injured.
Otherwise, I just don’t see how he could make it far. Do any of you? Every kid I’ve been around at like age must investigate every rock, twig, bug he sees, so they travel at a most slow pace.

According to the Magoffin County 911 Facebook page -posted 1 hour ago----
Via Capt. Carter Conley of the Magoffin County Rescue Squad, the search for the missing toddler in the Gunlock area has been suspended until further information becomes available, at which time the search will be reinstated.

Lots of information with this live reporter. Toddler is still missing. This is next county over from where I live. They are not encouraging help in searching. They have drones, dogs, several county agents involved. Went missing around 7:30 p.m. Sunday night from his yard. Story here:

EKB News

I had not heard this, not encouraging help? Why?

Just an excerpt for MSM when Casey Hathaway went missing. Volunteers sent home, but LE searched round the clock. As I recall, wooded areas, sink holes, swampy...not the best terrain. SoI don't understand why a search for a toddler would stop for any reason. I don't know their reasons though, so not meant as criticism. Just concern.

"Harsh temperatures and difficult terrain are making it difficult to find Casey, Craven County Emergency Services Director Stanley Kite explained. Kite said it is a “complex path” ahead for searchers.

Professionally-trained searchers are working around the clock to locate Casey. Volunteer searchers were sent home Wednesday night due to safety concerns, according to the FBI."

Search for missing 3-year-old, Casey Hathaway, continues in North Carolina

According to the Magoffin County 911 Facebook page -posted 1 hour ago----
Via Capt. Carter Conley of the Magoffin County Rescue Squad, the search for the missing toddler in the Gunlock area has been suspended until further information becomes available, at which time the search will be reinstated.

Idk what they mean until further info becomes available? Do You?
Has he been found?
I was watching live feed, the reporter discussing the search when she interrupted her storyline with “breaking news”, saying search was halted. But people were unloading K9 dogs at the same time. Very weird.

Idk what they mean until further info becomes available? Do You?
Has he been found?
I was watching live feed, the reporter discussing the search when she interrupted her storyline with “breaking news”, saying search was halted. But people were unloading K9 dogs at the same time. Very weird.
Exactly what kind of "further information?" Starting to doubt the story? Or the timeline? JMO

I’m sorry, I’ve been busy, only caught bits of news since this was announced on our local coverage.

I guess he had shoes on? Do we know if he was dressed for chilly weather? Yesterday was brisk, by time he went missing, I was wearing a coat doing my outside chores.
That’s why I can’t see him going on & on & on. Plus darkness was early as there was no sunset.

I’m sorry, I’ve been busy, only caught bits of news since this was announced on our local coverage.

I guess he had shoes on? Do we know if he was dressed for chilly weather? Yesterday was brisk, by time he went missing, I was wearing a coat doing my outside chores.
That’s why I can’t see him going on & on & on. Plus darkness was early as there was no sunset.
Depends probably on which version of the reporting is correct. I've read these two: 1) He was outside and Dad went in for a moment and Kenneth was gone when he came back out.....Or 2) Dad was sitting on the front porch and Kenneth snuck out the back door. In one case I'd assume he had a coat (and shoes) on. The other, maybe not.

I do not understand why they have stopped the search. At this boy's young age, wouldn't every minute count? High of only 54 today..going to 48 tonight...was this child dressed for these conditions?

Sorry! I just asked the same. The news I’ve caught never describes what he was wearing. Bill Meck w/wlex said some areas will have a frost tonight. A hit & miss type, no specific areas given. The nor’easter rolled in bringing ugliness to our state.
If he Left from in the house I guess he did not have a coat on? Due to the chill in the air I figured that to be why he wasn’t outside with daddy. Omg, how awful on MD of all days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back