Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It goes to my download and then says embedded. Won't open. Honestly, I've seen 3 different names for the road. Kenneth Combs Road; Kenneth Combs Branch; and Combs Branch Road. So I'm at a loss.

If true! Was he possibly gone longer & they waited until total darkness to call?
Welcome to KY Ze, lol. When I moved here, I had an awful time with directions, the same rd could be 123, AbC or John Doe Lane. My (road)address is known by 4 names

You can see on my map that Kenneth Combs Road is right off Route 7, but not super close to the river. However, there appear to possibly be many creeks and smaller waterways, especially with all of the rain lately, that could easily draw a not quite 2 year old to them.

Kenneth Howard - 12 May 2019 - Google My Maps

Ty for map.
Yea I mentioned upthread the possibility of water, I am more concerned with pooled water from all the rain.
Now, idk what to think. I hope what has been said is true regarding the time he went missing.

It goes to my download and then says embedded. Won't open. Honestly, I've seen 3 different names for the road. Kenneth Combs Road; Kenneth Combs Branch; and Combs Branch Road. So I'm at a loss.

I'm not sure why it is not working for you. I'm sorry!

I've only seen Kenneth Combs Road mentioned (none of the ones you've mentioned) and have only seen photos in MSM of a street sign showing Kenneth Combs Road. So a went along Route 7 in Street View, until a found the street sign. At the end of that street is the same aerial view that has been shown in the aerial images on one of the local MSM videos. So I an confident in the location that I placed on my map.

You can find the same location that I did by searching Gayheart Cemetary Road. If you go into street view at the intersection of Rt 7 and Gayheart Cemetary Road, you will see the street sign for Kenneth Combs Road.

I'm not sure why it is not working for you. I'm sorry!

I've only seen Kenneth Combs Road mentioned (none of the ones you've mentioned) and have only seen photos in MSM of a street sign showing Kenneth Combs Road. So a went along Route 7 in Street View, until a found the street sign. At the end of that street is the same aerial view that has been shown in the aerial images on one of the local MSM videos. So I an confident in the location that I placed on my map.

You can find the same location that I did by searching Gayheart Cemetary Road. If you go into street view at the intersection of Rt 7 and Gayheart Cemetary Road, you will see the street sign for Kenneth Combs Road.
Thanks for trying. I could not find Kenneth Combs Road at all. One report stated it as Kenneth Combs Branch so I followed the river..lol.

I'll follow your suggestion. And, how weird is it the road and the child have the same name. Just saying.

Thanks for trying. I could not find Kenneth Combs Road at all. One report stated it as Kenneth Combs Branch so I followed the river..lol.

I'll follow your suggestion. And, how weird is it the road and the child have the same name. Just saying.
So here:

Google Maps

Makes more sense as this is closer to Gunlock and the two counties border that was described in reports. Thanks!

Well, that is another interesting thing about KY roads, lol.
Who knew, right?
A lot of rural roads are comprised of contiguous family acreage, when offspring build homes & cut a road, they often name it for the family. Furthermore, you might have Doe Lane, Doe Blvd., Doe Rd/avenue......

I think probably the entire paternal family reside in that area. Jmo

Omg, I can’t wait for the news, but my TV is on wlex, there’s no screen scroll saying he’s been found.

According to the Magoffin County 911 Facebook page -posted 1 hour ago----
Via Capt. Carter Conley of the Magoffin County Rescue Squad, the search for the missing toddler in the Gunlock area has been suspended until further information becomes available, at which time the search will be reinstated.

That doesn't sound good. Wonder what happened to cause them to make this decision.

Well, I don't know about the rest, but if it were my child/grandchild, etc., I'd be searching til he was found, I believe.
And you would have every one of us, offering you whatever help you might need.
Well, okay, maybe 90%. But it would be a lot!

Hoping for the best, dreading the worst. May the universe watch over this little guy.

If true! Was he possibly gone longer & they waited until total darkness to call?

Am wondering the same. Could be they are hedging on the time line because of guilt, either guilt that they let him out of their sight and he disappeared and they feel terrible and they do not want to appear as horrible parents or guilt that maybe, hopefully not, something more nefarious took place.

I know the formal search is suspended for the night "or until more info. is available", but if I was his parent I would be searching 24/7 until I located him. I wonder if parents are out looking for him. It does not appear that there is much information about the family being reported. Am praying Kenneth simply wandered off and that he is located soon.

Kenneth Howard - 22 months old

He's so little and those mountains are so big. Hope they find the little guy soon. The lack of thermal imaging is kinda worrisome but it is pretty dense, and rugged terrain, with thick the thick canopy of forestry in almost all of that area it may be more difficult for the thermal imaging.

Anyone able to find there exactly this is on a map?

Attachments

• KH Home.jpg
    KH Home.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Howard_TerrainHoller.jpg
    Howard_TerrainHoller.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 35
Another update from Magoffin County 911
*UPDATE*
I spoke with Emergency Management. They wanted to assure the public that trained emergency personnel conducted a thorough search of all possible locations. They stated that while local emergency management had exhausted their capabilities, other non-emergency management search teams are still on scene combing the area, and that the scene has been turned over to law enforcement pending new information. **

—Via Capt. Carter Conley of the Magoffin County Rescue Squad, the search for the missing toddler in the Gunlock area has been suspended until further information becomes available, at which time the search will be reinstated.

I wonder if they feel they've searched all possible locations he could be ALIVE.... and are now calling it off except water crews until they get news.

I don't believe they searched 2 miles in every direction in 24 hours. However, I lot of people vastly underestimate how far kids that small can go. Many kids that age are pretty proficient walkers.

It's very possible they found something to indicate he went in the water. I hope they didn't find anything to indicate a crime.

Am wondering the same. Could be they are hedging on the time line because of guilt, either guilt that they let him out of their sight and he disappeared and they feel terrible and they do not want to appear as horrible parents or guilt that maybe, hopefully not, something more nefarious took place.

I know the formal search is suspended for the night "or until more info. is available", but if I was his parent I would be searching 24/7 until I located him. I wonder if parents are out looking for him. It does not appear that there is much information about the family being reported. Am praying Kenneth simply wandered off and that he is located soon.

I just don’t see how they could search in the dark, due to the terrain, do you?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back