Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another update from Magoffin County 911
*UPDATE*
I spoke with Emergency Management. They wanted to assure the public that trained emergency personnel conducted a thorough search of all possible locations. They stated that while local emergency management had exhausted their capabilities, other non-emergency management search teams are still on scene combing the area, and that the scene has been turned over to law enforcement pending new information. **

—Via Capt. Carter Conley of the Magoffin County Rescue Squad, the search for the missing toddler in the Gunlock area has been suspended until further information becomes available, at which time the search will be reinstated.

Depends probably on which version of the reporting is correct. I've read these two: 1) He was outside and Dad went in for a moment and Kenneth was gone when he came back out.....Or 2) Dad was sitting on the front porch and Kenneth snuck out the back door. In one case I'd assume he had a coat (and shoes) on. The other, maybe not.

I can’t imagine anyone leaving a 22 mo outside, alone for one second.
But you’re right, it’d be a better scenario because he’d have a coat on, I’m sure. I know at 7:30 last night I was talking to my neighbor & we both laughed because we had heavy jackets on!

Another update from Magoffin County 911
*UPDATE*
I spoke with Emergency Management. They wanted to assure the public that trained emergency personnel conducted a thorough search of all possible locations. They stated that while local emergency management had exhausted their capabilities, other non-emergency management search teams are still on scene combing the area, and that the scene has been turned over to law enforcement pending new information. **

—Via Capt. Carter Conley of the Magoffin County Rescue Squad, the search for the missing toddler in the Gunlock area has been suspended until further information becomes available, at which time the search will be reinstated.

Oh boy..............
Yup, the live feed I watched I could see a lot of LE & what looked like an officer bringing her dog out.
Oh oh.......

Okay, after some google street view driving, I found Kenneth Combs Road (otherwise known on maps as Gayheart Cemetary Road) and the homes/buildings shown in some aerial shots. Sorry, its been a while since I've mapped. Hopefuly this works. Poor boy, there's a whole lot of wilderness out there and lots of swollen creeks. Attached is the map...

Kenneth Howard - 12 May 2019 - Google My Maps

Last edited:
Okay, after some google street view driving, I found Kenneth Combs Road (otherwise known on maps as Gayheart Cemetary Road) and the homes/buildings shown in some aerial shots. Sorry, its been a while since I've mapped. Hopefuly this works. Poor boy, there's a whole lot of wilderness out there and lots of swollen creeks. Attached is the map...

Your link says error. Confused me too until I found Combs Branch Road.
Here
Google Maps

You cannot wait an HOUR to call for help just before sunset. He's just a baby. Of course they live on the river. :(
Yes and yes. Just think how quickly a 2 y/o can get away from a parent in a grocery store! It's much easier getting around in a store, certainly, but still. And of course there's a river nearby, as you said, MsF. SMH
If he did walk away and was snatched-up by someone, seems to me the dogs would have scented that -- even for a few yards. If he wandered to the river, seems the dogs would have scented that. I guess they've looked under every building or structure in the near area. A 2 y/o never walks, s/he hustles everywhere, but they do tire. Are there holes from old wells anywhere near? Barns, hen houses? Old cars, appliances? I'm sure all of that has been searched unless there is something not known that could pose a fall or getting lost.
Child custody issues?
A neighbor who recently lost a child or had a miscarriage, etc., and is longing for a baby?
Not liking this

Toddler missing in eastern Ky.

And wooded hillside surrounding the house, makes it more difficult IMO for him to wander off quickly - uphill, into woods. And why doesn't he cry/cry out?

Idk. How long was he gone before they noticed? That’s the question. Did one parent think he was with the other, and he was actually missing?
Yes, the hills & ravines worry me. But at 22months he wasn’t a real proficient walker, was he? Isn’t that the tun & stumble & cry stage?
A dog should have gotten a hit because he’s wearing a diaper, right?

Yes and yes. Just think how quickly a 2 y/o can get away from a parent in a grocery store! It's much easier getting around in a store, certainly, but still. And of course there's a river nearby, as you said, MsF. SMH
If he did walk away and was snatched-up by someone, seems to me the dogs would have scented that -- even for a few yards. If he wandered to the river, seems the dogs would have scented that. I guess they've looked under every building or structure in the near area. A 2 y/o never walks, s/he hustles everywhere, but they do tire. Are there holes from old wells anywhere near? Barns, hen houses? Old cars, appliances? I'm sure all of that has been searched unless there is something not known that could pose a fall or getting lost.
Child custody issues?
A neighbor who recently lost a child or had a miscarriage, etc., and is longing for a baby?
Not liking this

Especially since it was turned over to LE.
Idk if he could have made it to the river. Do you think he could have? I need to look again.

Idk. How long was he gone before they noticed? That’s the question. Did one parent think he was with the other, and he was actually missing?
Yes, the hills & ravines worry me. But at 22months he wasn’t a real proficient walker, was he? Isn’t that the tun & stumble & cry stage?
A dog should have gotten a hit because he’s wearing a diaper, right?
Family searched on their own for an hour before calling for help. Missing around 7:30pm Sunday night and called LE 8:30pm.

Links posted previously.

Reporting is confusing at to location as well. Can't find a Kenneth Combs Rd (or Branch) but did find a Combs Branch Rd (See map). This is sort of off Route 7 but not near Gunlock. Closer to Salyersville.

Google Maps

Rt 7 is very close to the Licking River that was mentioned, but I can't tell how close the residence is to the river or to Rt. 7.

Rt 7 is very close to the Licking River that was mentioned, but I can't tell how close the residence is to the river or to Rt. 7.
Doesn't look that close to this road. Now question whether Combs Branch Road is correct or Kenneth Combs Road. I've read both, and also read Kenneth Combs Branch. ??? Color me confused.

Let me try again because it is NOT Combs Branch Road. There is a road called Kenneth Combs Road, but on maps is called Gayheart Cemetary Road.

Lets see if this works
It goes to my download and then says embedded. Won't open. Honestly, I've seen 3 different names for the road. Kenneth Combs Road; Kenneth Combs Branch; and Combs Branch Road. So I'm at a loss.

You can see on my map that Kenneth Combs Road is right off Route 7, but not super close to the river. However, there appear to possibly be many creeks and smaller waterways, especially with all of the rain lately, that could easily draw a not quite 2 year old to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back