Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be really wonderful if just one of these recent missing children cases could turn out to simply be a parent losing sight of them vs anything nefarious and have a happy ending.

Please!

I think this may not be nefarious... but I am not convinced it will have a happy ending. Hopefully we get both.

Family friends say little Kenneth is very curious, smart, and active. They believe that curiosity took him out the back door and up a hillside behind the family’s home while his dad was on the front porch. pic.twitter.com/EalRMLqlUK

Search continues for missing toddler in Magoffin County
We had to use a deadbolt on our door to the garage when my kids were that age. Once they learned how to pull down the handle, out they were! Scary to say the least. I can easily see how that could have happened. Moo

Link not working, but appears to be Combs Branch Road. House at end of road, facing road so dad would have seen him if he went along the road. Searching is therefore in back and sides of home, hilly wooded area. Searching did not stop overnight.

I do too. But I'm waiting to see if the dad changed his story or if it was reported incorrectly one way or the other.

The area is so rugged, I don’t know how such a little tyke could go far. Walking in tall weeds is impossible, if he tried, he likely fell & cried himself to sleep.
I don’t know what to think......

Ok, so it seems maybe the first story is right then. The dad stepped inside for a “minute” and all of a sudden his little boy is gone when he returns? Moo. How long was he out of his sight I wonder? If le wasn’t called for an hour, he could be anywhere. So heartbreaking. I feel bad for the family. Please find him soon.

We had to use a deadbolt on our door to the garage when my kids were that age. Once they learned how to pull down the handle, out they were! Scary to say the least. I can easily see how that could have happened. Moo

Likewise, but I don’t see how he got so far, so fast. Do you?
I don’t have a toddler but if all’s quiet, something’s wrong, imo.

MAGOFFIN COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18)– The search is still on tonight for a missing 22-month-old boy from Magoffin County.

22-month-old Kenneth Niel Howard has been missing since about 7:30 p.m. Sunday. The search is centered around KY-7 on the Magoffin and Floyd County line and crews are actively looking.

Several agencies assisted in the search today. Helicopters, K-9 units, and drones are all being utilized to find young Kenneth.

Several other counties are offering their assistance.

“I think the child got out the back door of the house. The way that the house sits, you’re looking down the road. So for the child to get down the road, his dad would’ve been able to see him,” said Robert Prater, director of the EMA and a friend of the family.

The community is still hoping and praying to find Kenneth and bring him home.

News Archives | LEX18.com

Local update, I don’t think there’s any new info.

SkyFirst aerials of Magoffin Co. search

Video:
Search continues for missing toddler in Magoffin County

Wow, they are really isolated, the video made a really good point....if Dad was on front porch he would have seen the little boy had the little boy ran down the driveway toward the road or front of the house, so search efforts are focused on the woods surrounding the house.....makes sense.
moo

So, I’m an hour & some minutes from S-Ville. I just got off ph with a friend, asking him if he wanted to load our horses up early a.m. & help with the search, if allowed. If not, ride in the area, since we’d be there already.
He’s game but wonders, how far could a 22mo old travel?

Wow, they are really isolated, the video made a really good point....if Dad was on front porch he would have seen the little boy had the little boy ran down the driveway toward the road or front of the house, so search efforts are focused on the woods surrounding the house.....makes sense.
moo

And coyote are rampant. We’ve had massive rainfall the last couple of weeks & some areas might get a frost tonight.

He's already been out all night and all day today. However, in watching the aerial views, I did not see any water close to the home, unless I missed it. I hate to imagine him near water. He's so little, he could be most anywhere.

Family and friends worry as search efforts continue for missing 22-month-old

“He was really interested in getting into everything. But you know, he was smart," recalled family friend Tip Conley.

However, his imagination may have led him to trouble.

"I think the dad may have been on the front porch talking with maybe one of his brothers. I think the child slipped out the back door," explained family friend Robert Prater.

Prater is not only a friend but also the Magoffin County Emergency Management Director.

Since Sunday evening, multiple rescue effortshave scanned the hills of Southern Magoffin County looking for this blonde hair, blue-eyed little boy.

"It's a bad situation. It really is. For a child that size to be gone this long. You know, it's rough," said Conley.

He said as daylight fades, he worries more for the child many call "Bubby".

"I'm just hoping it happens soon. We don't want him to spend another night out there," added Conley.

Prater said it is hard to hold back tears on this heartbreaking scene.

"Everyone is trying to be optimistic. But you know, they're hoping for the best," Prater said teary-eyed.

Now, many pray someone will find Kenneth Howard soon.

"We're holding onto hope. You can't give up," said Prater.

As of Monday evening, search and rescue crews are still out with K-9 units and ATVs searching for the child.

If you have any information on where Kenneth Howard may be, you can call the Magoffin County Sheriff's Department at (606) 349-2914.

Family and friends worry as search efforts continue for missing 22-month-old

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother
Back