GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well I hate to disappoint 'Mom' but when LE says they found blood, they usually have done some preliminary tests first to confirm their suspicions that it was blood.

I was amused by her statements about being a guy who defended women, who fought other men because they were harming their women. That really doesn't tell anyone how he was with his friend, only that he either liked to appear as a big shot or he liked to fight. Or he thought the woman was hot.

I thought I read that they "thought" it was blood and was doing tests on it to determine it then I looked it up and they said that they "did find blood" in the sink and traces of blood on the latex gloves in the sink..

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=13340198

~(Snip)~

"Captain Teal Nally with Covington Police says that earlier this month, parole officers found dried blood and two latex gloves in Bumpass' kitchen sink. Police say the blood has not been forensically tested to see if belongs to Paige."

http://www.eaglecountryonline.com/news.php?nID=869

~(Snip)~

"Investigators obtained a search warrant for Bumpass’ Taylor Mill home. Inside, the say they found dried blood and latex gloves in a sink. Test results on the blood are pending."

How long does it take for DNA test to come back to determine who's blood that is? Can't they do a preliminary test to get faster results?

**steam coming out of my ears**

OK, so if you are a stage 4 cancer survivor and part Indian that means you can't be a murderer? Huh? I'm sorry he had cancer but so did my grandpa and he was one of the meanest people I have known. Cancer does not make someone a saint.

I have seen posts on FB and the news sites from people who knew him who say he (and his brother) both have terrible tempers. Granted, who knows if these people are telling the truth but I would say what mom says about the McD drive-thru speaks for itself.

And I'm sorry, if you're on parole and they say no weapons, that means no weapons, period. Last time I checked a tomahawk was considered a weapon. I don't care if they are supposed to be "decorative" or not. Someone could put a gun in a framed glass box and call it a decoration, it's still a gun. What were his priors? Am I correct in thinking one of them was robbery? I wonder if he had a weapon then? Oh and she conveniently overlooks the fact that he also violated his parole by having marijuana and alcohol. :waitasec:

I read a comment on a news site that I want to research a little further. I'll be back if I find something. :)

Let us know if you find something of interest :)

I thought I read that they "thought" it was blood and was doing tests on it to determine it then I looked it up and they said that they "did find blood" in the sink and traces of blood on the latex gloves in the sink..

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=13340198

~(Snip)~

"Captain Teal Nally with Covington Police says that earlier this month, parole officers found dried blood and two latex gloves in Bumpass' kitchen sink. Police say the blood has not been forensically tested to see if belongs to Paige."

http://www.eaglecountryonline.com/news.php?nID=869

~(Snip)~

"Investigators obtained a search warrant for Bumpass’ Taylor Mill home. Inside, the say they found dried blood and latex gloves in a sink. Test results on the blood are pending."

How long does it take for DNA test to come back to determine who's blood that is? Can't they do a preliminary test to get faster results?

This! Yes IN the sink. Not ON the counter. I would not describe what that reporter was pointing to as "in the sink." And that LL could have planted the "kool-aid" there for all we know.

Let us know if you find something of interest :)

Meh, it didn't turn out to be much, darn it. Someone had posted that there was a video on FB from a while back of him driving from Ohio to Ky 80MPH at 4 in the morning (at least according to the time on the clock on his car) I wanted to see if he was driving on 275 (the highway he would have taken going to/from East Fork. Wanted to see if there were signs on there that would tell us that he had been to EF or at least the area at that same time of the morning in the past. It was not 275 though. At least not the part of 275 that runs from Batavia to Ky.

It was posted on July 3rd if anyone is curious. The caption is "Pretty good dd. LOL" DD=drunk driving?

I almost gave up looking there is soooo much drivel on his FB.

I wonder if the entrances to East Lake State Park have hidden cameras that record vehicles entering and leaving the park?

Also, are there any traffic lights that have traffic flow cameras next to the traffic lights between the state park and I-275?

I wonder if the entrances to East Lake State Park have hidden cameras that record vehicles entering and leaving the park?

Also, are there any traffic lights that have traffic flow cameras next to the traffic lights between the state park and I-275?

There are no traffic flow cameras on 32 but there is one on 275 AT 32. Here's a link. The 32 one is on the far right of the map (east). We don't have red light cameras here.

http://www.artimis.org/camaccess1.html

If there are cameras at the lake I'm not aware of them. I have seen car counters, but no cameras.

Yes, it's me again. Sorry, just thinking about this A LOT while working tonight and I just came up with a potential new angle of looking at this.

Suppose his first idea WAS to dump her in the lake or in the park. He gets out there and for whatever reason decides not to. Maybe he gets spooked by a ranger patrolling or whatever. So the next ping we have is at 5:00 AM at Kellogg Ave and the next one is not until 9:43 back over in the area where he lives. (This is assuming we have all the pings) All this time I have been ASSUMING that he pinged at Kellogg because he was crossing the bridge, but what if he DIDN'T cross the bridge? What if he got off 275 at the Kellogg Ave exit? Kellogg runs parallel to the river and there is a small amusement park there and a amphitheater, etc. It's closed for the winter, of course. There are also plenty of other places down there to access the river, or even wooded areas to dump her along Kellogg. God if she's in that river she may never be found.

Remember he was posting around 5AM. If he was driving anything like he was driving in the video I saw there is no way he could post while driving. Did he pull off at Kellogg and post real quick for an alibi, then dump her? And then did God knows what until the next ping? There are Artimis cameras in that area. Still need to find out if they record or just monitor. My friend is out of town and I have not heard back from him to see if he has a contact there.

I just came up with a potential new angle of looking at this.

What if he got off 275 at the Kellogg Ave exit? Kellogg runs parallel to the river and there is a small amusement park there and a amphitheater, etc. It's closed for the winter, of course. There are also plenty of other places down there to access the river, or even wooded areas to dump her along Kellogg. God if she's in that river she may never be found.

How about another possible angle here. Let's suppose that he took the back roads rather than the main roads on either side of the river to dump a body.

The thinking here is that the back roads would have a whole lot less traffic than being on the main roads. And a whole lot less chance of being noticed.

Are there any back roads say where he could have parked his vehicle on the top or the side of a hill to dump her down a heavily wooded embankment or ravine?

Or an area along the back roads that very few folks would go to?

How about another possible angle here. Let's suppose that he took the back roads rather than the main roads on either side of the river to dump a body.

The thinking here is that the back roads would have a whole lot less traffic than being on the main roads. And a whole lot less chance of being noticed.

Are there any back roads say where he could have parked his vehicle on the top or the side of a hill to dump her down a heavily wooded embankment or ravine?

Yes, so Kellogg Runs parallel to the Ohio River but it's not right next to the river. In most spots there is a decent distance between. That's where the amusement park is there is also a horse track there, marinas, many areas to access the river. Just west of 275 there is a town called California..handful side streets that dead end at the river. Further west Kellogg crosses the Little Miami River, a smaller river, a tributary that empties into the Ohio. West of that is a municipal airport north of kellogg and some marinas and industrial areas south, next to the river. All good places, some woods there too. Then as you move further west you get into what's called the East End. One of Cincinnati's oldest areas. More side streets there. It's not the best area of town, certainly not the worst though. My take is that people would mind their own business around there and not be too concerned about a car out of place. East of 275 you have the amusement park, the race track a little bit of industry, then it starts getting a bit rural. There is a park, but there is no entrance from Kellogg, you'd need to take a few back roads to get to the entrance. However he could have entered on foot from the Kellogg side. It would be all woods. Trying to picture...I think it's pretty steep there though.

The Kentucky side I'm not as familiar with. I grew up here in Ohio and work over there but people tease me that Kentucky is like a foreign country to me. I know how to get to about five places over there and that's it. And one of those is my office and one the Cincinnati airport. LOL Anyway, the next exit is a ways down and he would have had to have gotten off at that exit and then doubled back to the river area. I'd need someone from Kentucky to weigh in on that. News Junkie are you familiar?

Did anyone else gross out when the reporter said that the landlady put her finger in the stain and put it in her mouth?

Who does stuff like that? Gross!

This comment really stuck out for me and it was posted from Paige to Jacob the day before she went missing

Paige Johnson Uhm, I really hope this is nothing towards me. Bc If I had a problem with anyone they would be the first to kno about it thats for damn sure & you know this bump. but i did nothin to you & i want left out of it. just saying.

I read that, too, Laddsy...Seems to be some kind of beef between Paige and Brittany and that Tawny girl. I don't know what that was about...but the mystery surrounding all that probably holds a very big key as to why this happened. Bumpass seemed VERY protective of Tawny. I wonder why...I wish Brittany was talking a little more about what the hell was up with this Tawny and why they seemed to dislike her. She knows. There was some bad blood there. Nobody is saying what is was over. There could be a ton of reasons for that - illegal activities not the least.

I hate to say it, but when you read about their circle of friends, there are a lot of drugs involved, several references to cocaine. I'm almost wondering if Paige's death was purely accidental. Here's where I start thinking of scenerios...She OD'd at Bumpass' place. Bumpass, whom, by every indication seemed to be trying to get his life together (he was even going to go into the Army, but then he got arrested for the charges he was on probation from), did not want this on his hands. Maybe he liked Paige, but she OD'd and died...and that ticks him off because it was at HIS house...maybe from HIS stash. He knows this means jail for him, again, for many major violations of parole and is even wondering if they can get him for murder for providing the drugs/alcohol that killed her. By dumping her body, he sees it as making her not HIS responsibility anymore.

If this scenerio were true, he probably wouldn't dump her body in East Fork, would he? He'd probably dump her body somewhere near where he told police he last saw her. Maybe he thought about dumping her there and realized it would make it look like he killed her so he thought it would be best to take her somewhere where a drug-addicted girl would likely keel over and die after over-dose. Somewhere urban where dealers hang in the streets or in a location where people sneak off to do drugs. If I were her friends, I'd be thinking about this. Bumpass was their friend, too. Likely they knew the hangouts nearby that people went to when they wanted to be alone.

There is also another scenerio that he bought some drugs off a dealer and they were laced with something she had an allergic reaction to, etc. Being the protective guy he is, he went and beat down the dealer's door (out near Batavia) at 4 in the morning to show them what their laced drugs had done and to threaten him/her. Fits with the personality of the McDonald's story and with every other account of his character by friends. The gentle giant defending one of his ingenue friends.

Of course none of this paints Paige in a very positive light...however, I withhold judgment on her. She was/is only 17, beautiful, and from the comments I read by her, very sweet. I can't see her making anyone mad enough to KILL her. This sounds like a case of her being a troubled girl with a ridiculously rough life for her age, but an innocent bystander. Maybe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe she was into drugs with some of her other friends or just getting into them and something bad happened. Bumpass changing his cell #, claiming his SIM card was fried, etc. proves to me that he had SOMETHING to do with taking her to wherever she is, now.

They're tracing all these pings...what about pings in the days following the last time she was seen alive? Maybe he drove all the way out there and realized he couldn't do it. He drove around half the night, couldn't do it, so he went back home...and did some research, thought about it, and dumped her the next day? Sorry...brain working overtime again. All just speculations.

Meh, it didn't turn out to be much, darn it. Someone had posted that there was a video on FB from a while back of him driving from Ohio to Ky 80MPH at 4 in the morning (at least according to the time on the clock on his car) I wanted to see if he was driving on 275 (the highway he would have taken going to/from East Fork. Wanted to see if there were signs on there that would tell us that he had been to EF or at least the area at that same time of the morning in the past. It was not 275 though. At least not the part of 275 that runs from Batavia to Ky.

It was posted on July 3rd if anyone is curious. The caption is "Pretty good dd. LOL" DD=drunk driving?

I almost gave up looking there is soooo much drivel on his FB.

To get to EF he would have driven I 275, then turned east on 32. He would then have turned off one of several little roads to go to old 32 that led to the park entrance. For driving 80 mph, 32 would have been the best bet.

It's rural in this area, so there are a lot of back roads. Not real hilly, but there are hills in some areas. And there are a lot of deep ditches. But for all of those, he would need to be real familiar with the area prior to that night. Because at night, it is harder to differentiate between the beginning of woods and the beginning of a brushy or overgrown field.

LOL, if I were thinking to dump something, I would probably would have chosen somewhere other than than EF to do it. At EF you would have hikers and rangers and horseback riders roaming around. You couldn't be sure that someone wouldn't across remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back