GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read somewhere that she didn't have a cell phone, but it could be bad info.

in post #88 there is a list of pings but it did not explicityly say whose phone but now that I read it again, it seems to indicate HIS phone.

sorry for any confusion if in fact she had no cell phone.

to the locals posting here - are there no surveillance cameras on the bridges between KY and OH? are those toll or free bridges?

as much as people in my neck of the woods hate tolls, with toll booths there are usually cameras.

to the locals posting here - are there no surveillance cameras on the bridges between KY and OH? are those toll or free bridges?

as much as people in my neck of the woods hate tolls, with toll booths there are usually cameras.

There are no Tolls; but there are Artimis cameras if that footage is stored somewhere that might be something LE could review but most likely they would only see his car, but not passengers or useful info.
Map of cameras: http://www.artimis.org/camaccess1.html
Live cam before bridge on KY side:
http://www.artimis.org/camera/camera132.php
Live cam just into Ohio: http://www.artimis.org/camera/camera110.php

Search done for the day.
They will decide later tonight what is next.
No sign of Paige and recovered "only a few items that might possibly be evidence"
No major breakthrough.
Briefing tonight with all the agencies and they think we will know by 9pm - if and when the search will continue.
We should also know tonight if search will move from the land to the lake.

There are no Tolls; but there are Artimis cameras if that footage is stored somewhere that might be something LE could review but most likely they would only see his car, but not passengers or useful info.
Map of cameras: http://www.artimis.org/camaccess1.html
Live cam before bridge on KY side:
http://www.artimis.org/camera/camera132.php
Live cam just into Ohio: http://www.artimis.org/camera/camera110.php

if they get an image of his car going into OH and then coming back to KY later, it would narrow down the window of time.

for instance, if he was only in OH for say one hour, it did not give much time to do much so if there is a body (not accusing anyone of murder), it could not be far inland. the longer the time he was in OH obviously expands the universe of places he could have gone.

Yes, the pings I listed were from Jacob Bumpass' phone. Paige didn't have a cell phone, according to her family. She did leave a message on her sister's Facebook after midnight, that night, saying she needed to talk to her immediately and her sister said something about how she should text her. That seems to be the last anyone officially heard from her. I'm wondering how Paige was supposed to text her if she didn't have a phone, though? Maybe it was common for her to borrow other's/Bumpass' phone?

In any case, just saw the video on WLWT's website. Looks like they are doing a wonderful job with their search. They are searching the exact areas, in the park, that we've all been talking about.

The "like a fish" comment, I automatically assumed he meant that he was "drunk like a fish". It could have been posted through adrenaline because he had just hid her somewhere he thought she would never be found and because he needed to give himself an "alibi" - "No way, I couldn't have driven that night. I was drunk...see, I can prove it..." The cell phone pings would prove him wrong, though.

The "like a fish" comment, I automatically assumed he meant that he was "drunk like a fish". It could have been posted through adrenaline because he had just hid her somewhere he thought she would never be found and because he needed to give himself an "alibi" - "No way, I couldn't have driven that night. I was drunk...see, I can prove it..." The cell phone pings would prove him wrong, though.

people drink and drive all the time. from the looks of his FB page he posts inane dreck all the time.

Yes, the pings I listed were from Jacob Bumpass' phone. Paige didn't have a cell phone, according to her family. She did leave a message on her sister's Facebook after midnight, that night, saying she needed to talk to her immediately and her sister said something about how she should text her. That seems to be the last anyone officially heard from her. I'm wondering how Paige was supposed to text her if she didn't have a phone, though? Maybe it was common for her to borrow other's/Bumpass' phone?

In any case, just saw the video on WLWT's website. Looks like they are doing a wonderful job with their search. They are searching the exact areas, in the park, that we've all been talking about.

~(Snip)~

"The search warrants state Johnson lived in Florence with her grandmother and used her grandmother's phone before she was picked up by Bumpass during the early morning hours of Sept. 23."

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...hanged-between-missing-teen-and-jacob-bumpass

I'm assuming that she would of used her grandma's phone or JB's phone to text her sister. I assume this because she was with him..

I have a question though..Why would he think that changing his number he would erase the evidence?? I mean when you get your number changed it doesn't erase texts/call log that I know of..Even though he "fried" his sim card they were/are still able to pull up texts/calls/pings via the phone company so to me it just seems weird that he would change his number..

I have a question though..Why would he think that changing his number he would erase the evidence?? I mean when you get your number changed it doesn't erase texts/call log that I know of..Even though he "fried" his sim card they were/are still able to pull up texts/calls/pings via the phone company so to me it just seems weird that he would change his number..
[/FONT][/B]

simple answer. he thought he was being smart but not smart enough. he should have left the phone at home. however, he figured if he had it with him, he could make it look like he was doing something rather than having a huge gap in time between uses.

~(Snip)~

"The search warrants state Johnson lived in Florence with her grandmother and used her grandmother's phone before she was picked up by Bumpass during the early morning hours of Sept. 23."

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...hanged-between-missing-teen-and-jacob-bumpass

I'm assuming that she would of used her grandma's phone or JB's phone to text her sister. I assume this because she was with him..

I thought about this myself. He probably thought that they wouldn't be able to look up his cell phone data if he changed numbers. I really don't think this guy is the brightest bulb if you know what I mean. Esp if that really turns out to be her blood in his place.

Wow, what a mix of emotions I feel right now. Sad that they didn't find anything but at the same time glad they didn't find her dead, you know? I know the chances are very unlikely she's alive but part of me wants to hold on to a small glimmer of hope.

USMCWife, I am sorry to hear about your friends father.

On the Artimis cameras- excellent point that they could see him coming and going. At that time of morning, not too much traffic to worry about so would not be hard to narrow down which car was his. I'm curious if those are cameras that are recorded though or if they are just strictly to monitor traffic as it is happening. Going to try to figure that out. I'm thinking a friend of mine has connections at Artimis- I'll ask him.

So, I just got home and I stopped by East Fork on the way home to make a couple of observations. I wanted to check out the dirt trail we were wondering about last night, USMCWife and also time how long it would take me to from the bridge to EF. The drive was 23 minutes at 6:40 in the evening, so a little bit of traffic but not significant. Less than at 4:00 in the morning though.

The dirt road we were looking at is definitely a horse trail. Not large enough for a car to pass through.

Several Mobile "command center" type vehicles were still there- one huge with a satellite thingie like the media have on their trucks. At first I thought it was the media. I didn't hang around long or get too nosy. Needless to say there were a lot of LE there and I didn't want to be questioned as to why the heck I was there when it was nearly dusk! :)

I did not hear back from Joe yet about the tower at Kellogg. I'm taping NG tonight though so I can pause the DVR this time and get a good look at that dang map of the pings!

The other thing I was thinking about was the abandoned Ford Plant. Kind of think it's unlikely but who knows. UC has taken over part of the building but I believe most of it, and the area around it, is empty. I'm wondering if he would have had some connection where he would have had knowledge of that plant- a friend/relative that worked that who he had visited there in the past maybe. I don't know...just thinking out loud. There are a lot of large ponds in that area too.

I thought about this myself. He probably thought that they wouldn't be able to look up his cell phone data if he changed numbers. I really don't think this guy is the brightest bulb if you know what I mean. Esp if that really turns out to be her blood in his place.

Exactly! And honestly, I don't think the general public realizes how much information is available from cell phone records. We were talking about this at work a few months ago and people around me were shocked (and some appalled) when I told them that pings are traced and text messages are saved and can be subpoenaed. We know it because we are interested in this kind of thing, but I don't think it's general knowledge, honestly. I would bet my home that IF he is guilty he thought he was covering his tracks with the number change and the sim card thing. He probably realized AFTER the fact that his pings could be traced and thought changing his number would solve that problem. Of course he needed his phone with him so he could post from FB and make it look like he was just at home unable to sleep. Hell he probably didn't even realize that FB shows that you are posting from your phone and thought he could use that as his alibi. "How could I be on my computer posting on FB if I was not at home?" We could definitely change the first four letters of his last name into something else and that would fit him just fine...if you know what I mean ;)

I'm SORRY for the multiple posts. Nancy had a MUCH larger map of the pings tonight and she had it on the screen for a while. I was able to pause my DVR long enough to take a picture of my TV set (don't laugh!)

The 5:00 AM Ping at the bridge is on her map! It is not labeled aside from the time. It's not real obvious where exactly it is if you're not from the area so I added a line and label to the Ohio River to give you an idea. The river is the boundary between the states. This bridge is approximately 20-25 minutes from East Fork via SR 32.

Link to my pic at the bottom of the post.

Now, given he was at the river at 5:00 AM if we back up ~ 20 min from that that puts us at 4:40 AM at East Fork. Assume the ping at 4:18 is when he arrived at the park that gives him 22 minutes to do whatever he did. Given he was pinged near Paige's house just before 3:00 this gives us about and hour and 15 min unaccounted for. Factor in approximately 40 min drive time from Paige's house to the Filager Road tower this leaves about a half hour.

Then you have the whole FB post shortly after 5:00 AM when he would have been right around the bridge. Was he posting while diving, did he pull over or was someone driving him?

OMG I just went back to look at his page to view the times again and I found another post that I have not seen mentioned anywhere. He commented on a "friend's" photo at 1:38AM on the 23rd. He had a ping at 1:32 in Wilder. Thank good these fools leave their FB's wide open for us! Man does he get around and post to FB at the same time.

So what do we make of all of this sleuths?

Attachments

• JBPings.png
    JBPings.png
    882.1 KB · Views: 62
http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=13351219

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Crews will resume searching East Fork Lake State Park Thursday for missing teenager Paige Johnson.
Police say starting at 8:00 am Thursday, 100 people will be searching areas of the state park that they were unable to get to during the search Wednesday.
VIDEO on right side of page.

methinks if there is a body to be found, it is at that state park.

a very unusual location for someone to be at that hour of the night.

The 5:00 AM Ping at the bridge is on her map! It is not labeled aside from the time. It's not real obvious where exactly it is if you're not from the area so I added a line and label to the Ohio River to give you an idea. The river is the boundary between the states. This bridge is approximately 20-25 minutes from East Fork via SR 32.

Link to my pic at the bottom of the post.

Now, given he was at the river at 5:00 AM if we back up ~ 20 min from that that puts us at 4:40 AM at East Fork. Assume the ping at 4:18 is when he arrived at the park that gives him 22 minutes to do whatever he did. Given he was pinged near Paige's house just before 3:00 this gives us about and hour and 15 min unaccounted for. Factor in approximately 40 min drive time from Paige's house to the Filager Road tower this leaves about a half hour.

So what do we make of all of this sleuths?

I didn't know about the 5:00 am ping at the bridge. I didn't see that in the media. Was that on NG or someplace else? That is the most important ping of all to me. Given the short time frame of around 20 minutes once you subract the 20 min drive back to the bride that gives him 20 minutes to get whatever done.

A bit of random info about East Fork. It is a med sized lake with two main public access points. The northern side (where they have been searching) has hiking trails, camping areas (swiming beach is enclosed), boat ramps and horseback riding. The southern entrance has hiking trails, boat ramps and a swimming beach.

Since the alleged POI isn't from this area it might be helpful to know what his frame of reference for the area is. For instance would he have used the area for camping, horseback riding or boating? That could point to which areas he might have had some familiarity with. For instance a person who used the park for boating might be more familiar with the roads and trails nearer the boat ramps. If he used the park for horseback riding he might be more familiar with the horse trails, etc.

If you have remains in a car and are entering a state park that closed at dusk, you wouldn't want to be driving around aimlessly because you might attract more attention to yourself. You would most likely drive to a familiar area, drop off your package a little ways off from a trail and go back to your vehicle and leave.

jacobpingmapnancygrace.jpg

This can't be all the pings or else he turned his phone off for quite awhile before getting to EFSP. I think if he harmed her, she is in KY not Ohio, but that is just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back