GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMHO the only way anyone would lie to LE about their whereabouts if they were being questions as a POI or Suspect in a homicide case would be because the consequences of telling the truth would be worse than a murder charge/conviction.

I'm hard pressed to think of anything worse at this moment. JMHO.

But why would he lie to LE about where he was if he's "innocent"?

Why not cooperate 100%?

What is up with the blood in the sink and different items found in his house?
That's odd..

As NG stated they have sent those items off, but have yet to hear anything back on the results..

Why would he be at a state park wee hours of the morning? again ODD.

I heard on NG that he "supposedly" dropped her off 2 blocks from her sisters house..As NG asks "Why not drop her off at the front door?" again that is odd..Also..why would he change his number?? I don't believed that his sim card "fried itself.." BS!

To me he has G-U-I-L-T-Y stamped on his forehead..I mean I could be wrong, but it's not looking good at this point..I mean he was the last person to see Paige and he lied about where he was at..So many odd and suspicious behaviors on his end to make me think he is innocent JMHO

Agreed...it just seems like all his behavior after the fact was suspect.

#1 he posts on Facebook from his phone at 5am that he has insomnia. I have only seen it mentioned in the media a couple of times but there is a cell phone ping at Kellogg Ave around 5am. That's right at the bridge he would have taken across the Ohio River back into Kentucky.

#2 his half hearted posts (2 of them within about an hour and a half of one another) the day after Paige went missing and then NOTHING. No mention of a good friend of his, who he was last seen with, missing from the say she went missing till the day he was arrested. A lot of BS about him being bored, his friends being fake and feeling things slipping away. As if others around him are questioning him. He seems more concerned with himself than Paige missing. "Normal" friends would be shouting from the rooftops if their friend was missing, yet he just seems to go on as if a friend missing was nothing.

#3 his sim card in his phone is "fried" yet he is still seemingly posting to FB FROM HIS PHONE??? Is this possible?? then there is the number change. Methinks he watched CSI that night and was trying to cover his tracks :)

#4 his brother, who is a known slob, all of a sudden cleaning out his car and "spilling" red paint in the trunk. wth???

I do think that the drive to the lake is just TOO long, though...and there aren't many turn-offs on that road...however, that side road which branches off the main road and is the only branch for a while is probably your best option...There is also a guard post on this rd not too far down from the other doughnut...You probably wouldn't want to go down that far just in case someone happened to be on duty there, would you? At this point, if she is in East Fork, I'd almost put money that she's near the entrance on the main road or she is on that short stretch of road right around the doughnut area and that little road that looks to be either dirt/gravel from Google Earth.

This "doughnut" on the park road #5 (that's what it's called on Mapquest) is .14 miles off the main road going into East Fork. The main road goes in about a half a mile before Cain Rd branches out on the left.

This "doughnut" on the park road #5 (that's what it's called on Mapquest) is .14 miles off the main road going into East Fork. The main road goes in about a half a mile before Cain Rd branches out on the left.

OK I see where you are talking about! I think that dirt road might be a horse trail though, IIRC from when I was down there last week nosing around about the cell tower. Hmmm maybe I will go back tomorrow night after work to take a look. My curiosity will get the best of me. I'll just drive by. I'm not getting out and walking around down there until they give us the all clear. I don't want to be the one who disturbs the evidence that could fry this *&^%$! If it IS a dirt road I think you are right on the money though. And I agree, he knew where he was going. See my post on an earlier page where I talk about the exit signs off of 275. If he was just wanting to go East Fork and did not know the area he would have taken that first exit, IMO. Also, East Fork is a random place to be for someone from Kentucky who has not been to the area before.

I also noticed a small pond in the woods just off the main road that I never saw before. I zoomed in on Google maps when I was looking for your doughnut.

I'm curious on how they are going to go about this search. Wondering if they will grid off smaller sections and take them one by one. They have their work cut out for them, that's for sure!

I'm not a psychic! I hope nobody thought that...I'm just thinking of most viable spots in the East Fork area that should be searched. The doughnut references were coincidental. The psychic stuff, I take with a whole salt shaker of salt. I did see someone wrote down these cell phone tower pings:

1:03 am Tanner's Lane Florence,
1:32 am Wilder, 12.9 miles, 17 minutes
3:00 am Edgewood, 5.2 miles, 10 minutes
4:13 am Filanger Road Batavia, 27.8 miles, 33 minutes
4:18 am East Fork Lake State Park, 22.1 miles, 33 minutes
9:43 am Wilder

But where is the Kellogg Ave one people were talking about? Anyone have an official source where to find this? Because if there was no Kellogg Ave ping, he had over five hours that were unaccountable. Just trying to get the facts straight...How much time he had could make a lot of difference as to where they find her body and where to search. This is why I ask. It's quite a drive back to the lake - especially for a very nervous person.

Still not finding evidence of the Kellogg Ave ping in any media sources, yet. Inch High, I think you said you heard/read this somewhere? Do you remember where? I did happen to look up the location of cell towers around the area:

devildogs_doll

I have marked the pinged towers - one was at Filager Rd (easily pinged if driving down 32 past it) and that one was pinged at 4:13 a.m. Just a few minutes later, another tower was pinged at 4:18 a.m. down the highway a bit - some said this tower was at Half-Acre Road, but I place it a little further to the East at McKeever Rd. It looks like Sprint was Bumpass' cell phone provider. Sprint is the provider who has towers in those locations.

I mapped the tower locations in this area so I could see where the signals may overlap. For instance, if he drove much further than Williamsburg, he could have pinged the tower on the far right. If he drove too far to the north, he could have pinged the tower near the top of the page. East Fork Lake is a big park...if he had gone on the southern side of the park, he would have pinged those towers. It gives a very definitive area of where searchers should look - a cone of possibility.

I would still like to know what cell phone pings occurred between 4:18 a.m. and 9:43 a.m. when he was back in Wilder. Thought I'd go in depth a little more about why this info is important...Right now, you could practically draw on a map a square of where she could be. That square could be significantly shrunk if there is proof of a tower ping on Kellogg Ave around 5:00 a.m. If that evidence does exist, it's unlikely she's in the lake. I've driven all those roads a thousand times. You can only go so fast. You can't defeat time and distance.

Thank God for cell phone towers - It's really amazing the stuff they can find out with cell phones alone.

Still not finding evidence of the Kellogg Ave ping in any media sources, yet. Inch High, I think you said you heard/read this somewhere? Do you remember where? I did happen to look up the location of cell towers around the area:

I heard it on Channel 12 a couple of times, but only there and I haven't heard it since. My ears perked up because I knew he had posted on FB around that time. I will try to see if I can find something on their website. I originally posted about it on the 15th and the story about the pings broke on the 14th so it had to have been one of those two days I heard it. NG had the pings mapped on her show last night and I was trying hard to specifically look for that one since it seems to be a possible missing link but they kept showing the shot too fast. I wish we could get the entire list of pings because that could help tremendously.

If I can't find anything I will email Joe Webb because I think he was the one covering the story at the time.

I'll let you know!

Thank you! I swear I thought I heard it somewhere, too! But I haven't seen it in writing anywhere. If that's true, I hope they search the woods around the entrance or some of the side roads off Old 32....because if you look at that cell phone map, if he drove all the way down to the lake, he could have pinged other towers (which he may have and the media/police may have thought this information was only vital to the investigators so didn't think it worth mentioning), particularly if he took the road that went all the way down to the lake. It's a pretty decent drive, he could have pinged the tower in Amelia driving that distance.

However, if he took the campground route (the road that runs parallel to Cain Rd. and that connects via what you were thinking might be a horse trail?), then he would stay in range of the cell phone tower at Half-Acre Rd the entire time. (Actually looks like it's located at McKeever Rd.). I hope someone out there is thinking of all this stuff. If she doesn't turn up in East Fork or some of the deserted side roads, it's always possible she was dumped over on the North side of 32. Nothing but rural homes and farms over there. I just hope they find her today. If not, remember Carrie Culberson? Never found her body either and they still prosecuted.

I just shot Joe an email. The way the web stories update all the time it's nearly impossible to find an old report! I'll let you know what I hear from him.

Looking at the map I just had another thought. (I'm looking at Google at the park entrance off of Old 32) there is a road that runs parallel called Afton-Elklick Road. Now when looking at this map it appears that the two roads merge however I can tell you they do not. There is a guard rail at the merge and Afton-Elklick dead ends there. Possible that he parked his car there and then went into the surrounding woods from there? Might be easier to go undetected at 4am on that road rather than the actual park road.

Also, you mention the possibility of him dumping her north of 32 and I agree. There is a fairly large pond right off of 32 heading west, just after you pass the Half-Acre Road entrance/exit ramps.

Okay I'd better quit playing detective and go to work! Good thing I have somewhat flexible hours! I heard the search was going to start at 7am so they have been searching an hour already. Praying for those men and women and hopefully they will find something quickly. Channel 12 says they will be out there (all stations will I'm sure) so I will be glued to their website at work!

I agree that the "authorities" have for the most part been treating this as a runaway. After reading an article on October 8th in the KY Enquirer, I called the National Center for Missing and Endangered Children to volunteer. I was told the volunteer co-ordinator didn't work on weekends, but I could leave a voice mail, which I did, complete with phone number. I then called the Covington Police said I would like to volunteer to do anything, put up/passout flyers of Paige. The person I talked to was Douglas. He said the family was responsible for putting up the flyers. End of discussion. To this date, I have not heard anything from the National Center.
Two other pieces of information. Facebook page called: Paige you are safe here Currently has over 8000 people associated with it.
There will be a benefit for Paige at Paint Yourself Silly store this Friday between 7 and 10 pm in Covington on Decoursey St.

It stinks feeling helpless, cpatz. I completely understand. If I weren't in a foreign country, right now, I would be out searching the other areas around East Fork. My mom lives right down the road from there.

What's weird is that just last night a friend of mine posted that her dad was missing on Facebook. This morning, he still wasn't home so she started a Facebook page for him. About an hour ago, they got some bad news about her dad. All we know is that he is gone...I'm wondering if we're going to get more news like that, today. It's a big area to cover. I hope they find something to give her family some peace.

Massive search at:
East Fork State Park
110 searchers hit the ground at 8:45
represent about 30 different police/fire/rescue agencies
17 cadaver and tracking dogs
plan to search until dark if everyone hold up
So far, have not found anything

Are we allowed to post comments below a news article? I hope it is okay as long as I include the link. I found it interesting since it is texts from his mobile phone.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...-For-Missing-Teen/JcQMwCCKHk66nLBbmX4d7w.cspx

September 23 at 5:04am via Mobile Web Jacob Bumpass Like a fish!!!
September 23 at 12:21am via Mobile Web Jacob Bumpass I can see I can see I'm goin blind!
September 22 at 9:48pm via Mobile Web Jacob Bumpass I will kill this part of myself and I hate it that I see in you.

One person commented, "Maybe I too am reading more into his posts but THAT comment made me think, he threw her in "like a fish".

Are we allowed to post comments below a news article? I hope it is okay as long as I include the link. I found it interesting since it is texts from his mobile phone.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...-For-Missing-Teen/JcQMwCCKHk66nLBbmX4d7w.cspx

September 23 at 5:04am via Mobile Web Jacob Bumpass Like a fish!!!
September 23 at 12:21am via Mobile Web Jacob Bumpass I can see I can see I'm goin blind!
September 22 at 9:48pm via Mobile Web Jacob Bumpass I will kill this part of myself and I hate it that I see in you.

One person commented, "Maybe I too am reading more into his posts but THAT comment made me think, he threw her in "like a fish".

I found the FB page and I assume he was talking about his own intoxication and nothing more.

sorry if this was already mentioned but if I'm not mistaken, cops have checked JB's cell phone pings which show he was not where he said he was.

I thought someone also mentioned that LE has pings from Paige's cell phone.

to anyone's knowledge have the two been cross-referenced to see if they were in the same locations?

I mean if JB's phone was pinging 20 miles away from where Paige's phone was pinging then it would seem to me that they were not together.

at the same time if he was posting on FB by mobile, there should be a significant electronic trail of where he was that night/morning.

sorry if this was already mentioned but if I'm not mistaken, cops have checked JB's cell phone pings which show he was not where he said he was.

I thought someone also mentioned that LE has pings from Paige's cell phone.

to anyone's knowledge have the two been cross-referenced to see if they were in the same locations?

I mean if JB's phone was pinging 20 miles away from where Paige's phone was pinging then it would seem to me that they were not together.

at the same time if he was posting on FB by mobile, there should be a significant electronic trail of where he was that night/morning.

It appears she didn't have a cell phone with her. It's too bad she didn't. It really could have helped in this case.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20101008/NEWS010703/10090346/

Johnson also hasn't logged on to various social networking sites she regularly visited. She left her mother's home with no mobile phone and no credit cards. The teen, who was looking for a job, lived with her mother in Florence about 10 miles away from where she was last seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back