GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But if law enforcement is searching, would they also allow the family to do their own searches... and risk destroying evidence?

Or are law enforcement searching in a completely different area than the family?

Generally, when they have an area pinpointed due to cell phone pings or other specific evidence... police don't allow private citizens to search that area. I guess it just seems odd to me?

I now believe LE is actively involved in this case and is just playing VERY close to the vest. I went out to the park today and there were water rescue units from the sheriff's department of both jurisdictions (one from the county where the park is, in Ohio and one from the county where Paige is from, in Kentucky.) I do not know if they found anything or not. I also saw two different cars with "Kentucky official" license plates. One where the water search was going on and one stationed by the woods up near the entrance.

This park is huge (5000 acres- 2,000 of which is water) and it's entirely possible that they have been searching since the cell phone pings put him in that area. The media only picked up on the pings on Thursday. No one from the media was at the park today while I was there so I do not expect to see it in the news that there was an official search today.

But if law enforcement is searching, would they also allow the family to do their own searches... and risk destroying evidence?

Or are law enforcement searching in a completely different area than the family?

Generally, when they have an area pinpointed due to cell phone pings or other specific evidence... police don't allow private citizens to search that area. I guess it just seems odd to me?

The park where the cell phone pinged is 5000 acres, 2000 of which is water. That's a huge area to search. It's a state park not just a city park that takes up a few blocks. It has woods and a lake and many trails where people hike and horse back ride and also is open to camping and boating. Without shutting the whole park down they can not really keep people from searching. If they can get into the park they can search if they really wanted to. I could have today, but I would like to wait until there is a full scale official search if I do. Not sure why they didn't just shut it down and search but they didn't. According to FB there was supposed to be a meet up at a high school in Ky yesterday and a search from there. It is also posted that the police told them to stay out of East Fork Park. I believe that group searched areas in Kentucky but there are people posting that said they went to EF.

It's a 25+ mile distance from the area where he lives to the park and each are in different states, if that helps.

I would guess that LE has done searches at the park prior to today since I'm sure they had the ping records long before the news got ahold of them on Thursday. But they are still searching there now...I saw them with my own eyes today. Boone County Kentucky Water Rescue was there. I can't think of any other reason they would be in a park in Ohio searching. Also some sort of unmarked cars with "Kentucky Official" plates were there.

Yeah a lot of this does not make sense but remember, we do not know everything that LE does. Hopefully they are just keeping this very buttoned up. There was a case here a few years ago where foster parents murdered their child and then set up a ruse that he went missing. For weeks we did not hear much from LE but the entire time they were working and were just quiet about it.

Someone on FB suggested that the family contact TES. I hope they do. Paige needs to be found!

The park where the cell phone pinged is 5000 acres, 2000 of which is water. That's a huge area to search. It's a state park not just a city park that takes up a few blocks. It has woods and a lake and many trails where people hike and horse back ride and also is open to camping and boating. Without shutting the whole park down they can not really keep people from searching. If they can get into the park they can search if they really wanted to. I could have today, but I would like to wait until there is a full scale official search if I do. Not sure why they didn't just shut it down and search but they didn't. According to FB there was supposed to be a meet up at a high school in Ky yesterday and a search from there. It is also posted that the police told them to stay out of East Fork Park. I believe that group searched areas in Kentucky but there are people posting that said they went to EF.

It's a 25+ mile distance from the area where he lives to the park and each are in different states, if that helps.

I would guess that LE has done searches at the park prior to today since I'm sure they had the ping records long before the news got ahold of them on Thursday. But they are still searching there now...I saw them with my own eyes today. Boone County Kentucky Water Rescue was there. I can't think of any other reason they would be in a park in Ohio searching. Also some sort of unmarked cars with "Kentucky Official" plates were there.

Yeah a lot of this does not make sense but remember, we do not know everything that LE does. Hopefully they are just keeping this very buttoned up. There was a case here a few years ago where foster parents murdered their child and then set up a ruse that he went missing. For weeks we did not hear much from LE but the entire time they were working and were just quiet about it.

Someone on FB suggested that the family contact TES. I hope they do. Paige needs to be found!

Thanks for posting info on the search efforts. It is great that they are searching for her and ruling out any possibilities. The media hasn't reported any search efforts yet, so it is great to hear firsthand what is going on. :)

Thanks for posting info on the search efforts. It is great that they are searching for her and ruling out any possibilities. The media hasn't reported any search efforts yet, so it is great to hear firsthand what is going on. :)

You're welcome. :) I'll keep you updated when I can. I just hope they find her soon. I wish this case would get more national attention than it has. I know NG had it on once, maybe she will pick it up again.

You're welcome. :) I'll keep you updated when I can. I just hope they find her soon. I wish this case would get more national attention than it has. I know NG had it on once, maybe she will pick it up again.

Too bad we all couldn't email NG's show and request that she talks more about it :waitasec: She needs more coverage..:banghead:

(snip)

The 17-year-old disappeared on Sept. 23. Police said Jacob Bumpass was the last person to see Johnson before she disappeared.

Bumpass has been arrested on unrelated charges and police have not named him as a suspect in the case.

However, detectives said they found what appeared to be human blood on clothing and other items found in his home.

On Saturday, people focused their search at the park because they said Bumpass' cell phone showed he was there hours after he said he dropped off Johnson.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25415105/detail.html Don't know if this was talked about/or posted yet..

(Snip)

When parole officers went to Jacob Bumpass’s Taylor Mill home on Oct. 4 to arrest him, they found what appeared to be dried blood and two latex gloves in the kitchen sink. Police dogs searched the area around that home on Friday.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101014/NEWS010703/310140033/Man-tied-to-missing-teen

Not that this is a big deal or anything, I thought I read that someone posted on here that there was ONE latex glove found, not two? To me that is REALLY suspicious that that was found in his home if you ask me.. You would think that if he was guilty he would of gotten rid of the gloves and cleaned out the blood in the kitchen sink?? That to me is just plain weird that someone would leave incriminating evidence out..JMHO..

The first thing I thought of is my friend often has bloody latex gloves in her sink...because of her son's Broviac Line for his cancer treatment.

However... Jacob's treatment was a few years ago so this shouldn't apply to him.

I also had bloody latex gloves in my sink a few months ago, when my daughter cut off her finger. Bloody paper towels... latex gloves... the floor.... the clothes.... when combined with the red crayon/paint smeared all over the wall... anyone walking in at that moment would have definitely thought someone had been killed here.

If they have connected the blood to Paige, then that's one thing. But why would you bring that stuff back to your house and not just dispose of it with the body?

We are talking about 10+ days that those things would have been in his sink before they were found. Really? How practical is that? He didn't turn on the water in the sink at all in those ten days? Even for a single guy I find that hard to believe...if it was 24 hours after her disappearance it would be different.

I don't know... maybe they also found blood in his house and car. But just what they found in the sink... is a little too obvious for me.

(Snip)

When parole officers went to Jacob Bumpass’s Taylor Mill home on Oct. 4 to arrest him, they found what appeared to be dried blood and two latex gloves in the kitchen sink. Police dogs searched the area around that home on Friday.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101014/NEWS010703/310140033/Man-tied-to-missing-teen

Not that this is a big deal or anything, I thought I read that someone posted on here that there was ONE latex glove found, not two? To me that is REALLY suspicious that that was found in his home if you ask me.. You would think that if he was guilty he would of gotten rid of the gloves and cleaned out the blood in the kitchen sink?? That to me is just plain weird that someone would leave incriminating evidence out..JMHO..

I thought the same thing when I read it. It makes no sense to have evidence laying around your home for that long of a time period. Perhaps it is unrelated to the case at all. I hope so because you hate to think that a friend would harm you of all people. Hopefully more news will come out and it will be good news.

The first thing I thought of is my friend often has bloody latex gloves in her sink...because of her son's Broviac Line for his cancer treatment.

However... Jacob's treatment was a few years ago so this shouldn't apply to him.

I also had bloody latex gloves in my sink a few months ago, when my daughter cut off her finger. Bloody paper towels... latex gloves... the floor.... the clothes.... when combined with the red crayon/paint smeared all over the wall... anyone walking in at that moment would have definitely thought someone had been killed here.

If they have connected the blood to Paige, then that's one thing. But why would you bring that stuff back to your house and not just dispose of it with the body?

We are talking about 10+ days that those things would have been in his sink before they were found. Really? How practical is that? He didn't turn on the water in the sink at all in those ten days? Even for a single guy I find that hard to believe...if it was 24 hours after her disappearance it would be different.

I don't know... maybe they also found blood in his house and car. But just what they found in the sink... is a little too obvious for me.

I agree..

What I don't understand is if this guy is such a friend of hers why he isn't talking about what he knows. Every article I read says that he isn't cooperating or answering questions concerning Paige. Some friend he is.:twocents:

What I don't understand is if this guy is such a friend of hers why he isn't talking about what he knows. Every article I read says that he isn't cooperating or answering questions concerning Paige. Some friend he is.:twocents:

To me, if you're innocent, then why not cooperate 100% and answer all the questions that are being asked??? That's just weird if you ask me..

I know if I was innocent I would be fully cooperating and would be answering all questions the best to my ability..

You WOULD THINK that he WOULD WANT TO HELP FIND PAIGE and WOULD DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO FIND HER, but he's doing just the opposite it seems..It's rather sad..:( She needs more coverage on the news..I wish NG would talk about her more..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

~(Snip)~

"Over the weekend, Paige's friends and family searched the area around the lake but turned up nothing. Captain Teal Nally with Covington Police said police will join the search at some point, looking for clues of her disappearance.

Nally says that earlier this month, parole officers found dried blood and two latex gloves in Bumpass' kitchen sink. Police say the blood has not been forensically tested to see if belongs to Paige".

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=13340198

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! WHY haven't they tested it?!?!?!? Now that is ODD and VERY FRUSTRATING!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

~(Snip)~

"COVINGTON, Ky. - The search will continue later this week for 17-year-old Paige Johnson of Florence, who has been missing for almost one month."

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/reg...ssing-covington-teen-continues-monday_5254064

Well that's good, at least they are going to keep searching..BUT STILL I don't understand WHY they didn't test the blood found at her friends house....GRRRRRRRRR!!!:banghead::banghead:

~(Snip)~

"Over the weekend, Paige's friends and family searched the area around the lake but turned up nothing. Captain Teal Nally with Covington Police said police will join the search at some point, looking for clues of her disappearance.

Nally says that earlier this month, parole officers found dried blood and two latex gloves in Bumpass' kitchen sink. Police say the blood has not been forensically tested to see if belongs to Paige".

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=13340198

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! WHY haven't they tested it?!?!?!? Now that is ODD and VERY FRUSTRATING!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Will join the search at some point?!?!?!?!?! :eek: So much for my benefit of the doubt I was giving to LE. It just went right out the window. :furious:

Just heard on one of the local news stations (Fox 19) that TES has called and offered their help in the search! PLEASE let them take Tim up on his offer. If any one can find her he can!

If they put video of the news story up on the web I will post.

Hey guys...I haven't posted here in years! Not since the Maria Lauterbach case, but this one caught my attention because my hometown is right next to East Fork (Batavia) and I have family from Kentucky. We like to joke and say that Cincinnati is pretty much Kentucky. They should just draw the border up near Columbus. :)

It seems like everyone in southern Ohio has family or good friends just across the river. It doesn't surprise me that someone would think of taking her there. After high school, I moved to the other side of East Fork Lake. A stripper in Covington was picked up in Kentucky and dumped there just a few miles from my house. This was in 1999 (story here: http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1999/09/28/loc_probe_stalls_in.html ) What tipped everyone in the area off to her body was the smell. I hate to say that, but it's true. What someone might have mistaken as the smell of really potent roadkill could have been a very valuable clue if she were no longer among us.

In any case, the whole area out there would probably be pretty good for dumping bodies. My parents live right along Old 32, the two-lane road that runs parallel to 32...it's a heavily wooded area around there and there are many places where she could be. I've just been sitting here and thinking to myself of all the possible places around that area. East Fork Lake is not the only place to dump a body there. There is a little, creepy road called Greenbrier rd not far from there that we used to drive down just to scare each other to death...and a spot there we called the "doughnut hole" (because of kids doing doughnuts in the gravel with their tires) - a big gravel patch where kids would drive to make out, surrounded by woods...I don't even know if it's still there. Haven't been there since I was 18.

It sounds very probable that something terrible has indeed happened to this girl...and that this Jacob knows something. For all we know, it was an accidental death and someone panicked. Being that the guy was on parole, that would certainly be an "oh crap" moment having an underaged girl keel over in your presence. Maybe Jacob, the seemingly gentle giant panicked and thought of someplace remote to take her that he had gone once. I hope and pray that she is safe and in hiding from someone or some situation, but I'm not optimistic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back