GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped....We like to joke and say that Cincinnati is pretty much Kentucky. They should just draw the border up near Columbus. :)

HEY! Careful there! ;) J/k...it's nice to have another "local" on the board! I agree that there are many places around here to dump a body. It's scary! Right behind me I have a huge woody ravine and people rarely go back there. I didn't remember that story about the dancer so thanks for posting that. It looks like her case was never solved. Very sad.

Here is the link of the video from last night that talks about TES calling to offer help with searching for Paige. It's mentioned at the end. The rest of the video interviews the woman who started the FB page and has helped organize some things. She even got a billboard donated yesterday.

http://www.fox19.com/global/video/f...geAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&rnd=86793478

I still can't believe they are just now beginning to organize a thorough search of that park. I would think that would have started as soon as they got the cell phone pings! I hate to say it, but I really think LE wrote this off as a runaway more than a missing persons case for the first few weeks. That really makes me angry because Cincinnati police did the same thing a year ago when a teen did not come back on time from going jogging and it turned out the girl had been snatched by a serial killer. They have since changed their policies. You'd think others in the area would have learned the same. They haven't tested the blood yet? It's like they just happened to notice it and collected it "just in case this turned into something" but still didn't pursue it. I don't get it. :banghead:

The good news is that this case seems to be picking up steam in the media. It's the lead story or close to it almost every time I watch the news. Hopefully national news will pick it up soon. Someone knows something...and they may not even realize they know it.

Yeah that's why I said the optimist in me wants to believe he is helping her hide at the lake. The sleuth in me knows better.

I've been doing more thinking tonight. He would have come up Interstate 275 from Kentucky. There is a sign on the highway for East Fork that tells you the two exits for the park/lake. It tells you what exit to take for the beach and what exit to take for campgrounds. I think it's a fairly new sign. The exit for the beach is first and the camp exit is about a mile down from that. Once you exit the Park/Lake is several miles from both exits. Anyway, what I was thinking is if he was unfamiliar with the area and strictly wanted to dump her in the lake I think he would have taken the first exit. Why go to campgrounds if you want the lake? So I think he was probably somewhat familiar with the camping area and dumped her in the woods there. Someone unfamiliar with the area and just wanting to get to the lake would take the first exit. Also, he crossed the Ohio River on his way to the lake, if he wanted to just dump her body in water somewhere why go to the lake? Why not dump her in a huge river that has a very swift current? She is in those woods, imo. Another report said his cell pinged on a tower near Kellogg Ave at 5:00AM. That's near the bridge on 275 that goes back to Kentucky. That puts him in Ohio for just about an hour. About 20-25 min to and from East Fork each way...that's 10-20 min of non-drive time. An awful far drive to spend such a short amount of time doing anything honest.

I found another news link that gives info about Bumpass's brother's car...

"According to court documents, the roommate told police Caleb Bumpass had extensively cleaned his car two to three days after Johnson went missing. The roommate said that he found it odd because Caleb was "a trashy person" and he had never known him to clean his car

The roommate told police he had heard Jacob asked to borrow the vehicle, according to the affidavit. After the car was cleaned, he saw spilled red paint in the trunk area."

There is supposed to be a group of her friends and family searching at the lake tomorrow. The police are being so tight lipped (I understand why) but surely they have been to the area with dogs or something? That park is 5000 acres though and a lot of woods, so would take some time to search. I hate where my mind is going with this.

ALL IMOO of course.

above bbm...

so, was she with CALEB or JACOB? ive seen it both ways. are they brothers or is this the same person?

HEY! Careful there! ;) J/k...it's nice to have another "local" on the board! I agree that there are many places around here to dump a body. It's scary! Right behind me I have a huge woody ravine and people rarely go back there. I didn't remember that story about the dancer so thanks for posting that. It looks like her case was never solved. Very sad.

Here is the link of the video from last night that talks about TES calling to offer help with searching for Paige. It's mentioned at the end. The rest of the video interviews the woman who started the FB page and has helped organize some things. She even got a billboard donated yesterday.

http://www.fox19.com/global/video/f...geAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&rnd=86793478

I still can't believe they are just now beginning to organize a thorough search of that park. I would think that would have started as soon as they got the cell phone pings! I hate to say it, but I really think LE wrote this off as a runaway more than a missing persons case for the first few weeks. That really makes me angry because Cincinnati police did the same thing a year ago when a teen did not come back on time from going jogging and it turned out the girl had been snatched by a serial killer. They have since changed their policies. You'd think others in the area would have learned the same. They haven't tested the blood yet? It's like they just happened to notice it and collected it "just in case this turned into something" but still didn't pursue it. I don't get it. :banghead:

The good news is that this case seems to be picking up steam in the media. It's the lead story or close to it almost every time I watch the news. Hopefully national news will pick it up soon. Someone knows something...and they may not even realize they know it.
Inch and USMC,
Hey there - I am a local too - on the NKY side! If you guys go out, let me know I will join ya!
I agree, seems they wrote her off day one but I am so glad TM and TES might be coming to help.

Just a thought.

The blood on the gloves may not have been tested to see if they are Paige's yet because they would have to get a DNA sample and create a profile for Paige. Then test it against the evidence.

I'm not sure at what stage they are in that process if at all.

Thinking of you today Paige.

above bbm...

so, was she with CALEB or JACOB? ive seen it both ways. are they brothers or is this the same person?

~(Snip)~

From researching Caleb IS Jacob's brother..

"On Oct. 8, detectives interviewed a roommate of Bumpass' brother, Caleb."

"Police said Bumpass told them he dropped the 17-year-old off at 15th and Scott streets in Covington.

However, court documents state Bumpass' cell phone records show he was never in that area."

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/reg...son-being-held-on-probation-violation_5243049

Covington Police look at text messages between missing teen and Jacob Bumpass

~(Snip)~

"COVINGTON, Ky. - In newly filed search warrants, Covington police are asking for text messages exchanged between 17-year-old Paige Johnson and the man last seen with her 22-year-old Jacob Bumpass."

"The search warrants state Johnson lived in Florence with her grandmother and used her grandmother's phone before she was picked up by Bumpass during the early morning hours of Sept. 23."

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/reg...etween-missing-teen-and-jacob-bumpass_5256926

He lied where he was, the cell phone pings prove that, he was the last one to see her alive, they found blood and gloves in his apt. Smells like a duck to my DH who had no choice watching the NG show with me tonight:crazy:. He tends to be pretty savvy when I do ask him his opinion.

Guys here is a link to the map of the park if you're interested. A large area to search. The entrance where JB's phone pinged is at the top where it says "Afton" by the large green dot. My feeling is she's not far from that entrance. Just a theory.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2/parkmaps/eastforkparkmap.pdf

Also, I discovered today that JB changed his cell phone number right after Paige went missing. He posted on FB that his SIM card fried itself (never heard of a sim card "frying itself"). Covering his tracks??? The article is here and says he kept the same phone but changed his number. ODD ODD ODD behavior!

From the article..
"According to the search warrant, Bumpass changed his phone number after Johnson's disappearance while keeping the same phone."

Link to article.. http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...hanged-between-missing-teen-and-jacob-bumpass

Finally, there has been mention of another post on his FB page from just before she went missing. It says something to the effect of "I will kill this part of myself and hate that I see it in you" (Sorry I can't post the exact quote his FB page seems to be overloaded right now and won't load for me) Anyway I googled this line and it seems to be a line in a song called "Blacken the Cursed Sun" by Lamb of God. Possible it's something I suppose but my nieces post just lines of songs all the time on their FB. Most of the time I have to google those. Clearly I am losing my "hip aunt" status very quickly! :cool:

Large-scale search for missing teen to begin at park on Wednesday

~(Snip)~

"COVINGTON, Ky. - A large-scale search for 17-year-old Paige Johnson of Florence will take place on Wednesday".

"Covington police said Tuesday afternoon that the search involving multiple agencies will begin at East Fork State Park in Batavia."

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/reg...ng-teen-to-begin-at-park-on-wednesday_5263046

Looks like they don't want volunteers - so if they don't find her and TES comes, I will go help TES.
snip from article above:
p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif
http://optimized-by.rubiconproject.com/t/5776/12578/22618-9.1

ShareThis

Posted: 10/19/2010
Last Updated: 27 minutes ago

• kettler_20100314164254_60_45.JPG
    By: Shannon Kettler
COVINGTON, Ky. - The disappearance of 17-year-old Paige Johnson of Florence is expected to hit national airwaves Tuesday night.

CNN's Nancy Grace has scheduled a segment to air on HLN formerly Headline News channel about Johnson live at 8 p.m. and rebroadcast at 10 p.m.
Covington Captain Teal Nally and KyPost.com reporter Jessica Noll are some of the guests.
A large-scale search is scheduled to take place first thing Wednesday morning.
Covington police said Tuesday afternoon that the search involving multiple agencies will begin at East Fork State Park in Batavia.
Fifty to 70 police and fire crews from multiple agencies will begin a ground search at daybreak.
"We're asking for people at this point to stay out of the area, cooperate with us, and let the specially trained search and rescue people do their job without interference," said Lt. Col. Spike Jones of Covington police."

It is great to hear about the large search for Paige Wed. I pray that some answers come soon, but I don't feel it will be good news at this point. NG will get the news out for sure.

Inch and USMC,
Hey there - I am a local too - on the NKY side! If you guys go out, let me know I will join ya!
I agree, seems they wrote her off day one but I am so glad TM and TES might be coming to help.

Hello to another local!! :) If TES comes I would definitely search with them. I'll let you know if I hear anything and you do the same, okay?

I would definitely come help out if I could...but I'm in Japan, right now! The husband is stationed out here for the next two years.

I was just perusing Google Earth, last night. The "doughnut hole" where we used to hang out is still there. Ha! Most people only know about that road if they have been there, though. It is right next door to a trailer park. For the most part, Batavia is a decent little town, but if what I've heard is true, there have been quite a few drug busts in that trailer park and there are a lot of meth dealers in the area. This is all just speculation, so don't take me seriously, but if Jacob, for instance, was visiting drug dealers in the area, they could have led him to meet in a secretive location in the area. The "doughnut hole" I mentioned would be perfect for this, actually.

I am just skeptical about East Fork Lake still...If you've driven back there, you will know why. Imagine that you are driving back there to do something highly illegal - it is one straight, long, road. There are no turn-arounds, no turn-offs for miles and miles, nowhere to hid if a patrol came through...and being that it IS a state park, you'd probably expect a patrol to come rolling through occasionally to check things out, right? Even though there are a lot of trees and lots of places to hide a body, there isn't anywhere to hide a CAR while you hide a body. You'd have to grab the body out of the car REALLY quick, haul tail to the woods, throw it out there and then haul tail back to the car just in case another car comes along. There also may be people coming and going to the campgrounds. It's not really a good place to stop.

Yet, the whole area up there is kind of country...The positive thing is that if this did happen and he left her in East Fork, they should find her relatively quickly with a very large search team, given the relatively short time it took him to get back across the river and ping the cell phone towers on the way back. That's not enough time to trek miles in the woods with a body...and possibly with no flashlight (people don't tend to think of these things in a hurry...unless he was the well-prepared type).

Disclaimer: This is just assuming that Jacob did it, which hasn't been proven. Just using him as the example since he seems to be suspect #1 and his behavior has been suspect as well.

But why would he lie to LE about where he was if he's "innocent"?

Why not cooperate 100%?

What is up with the blood in the sink and different items found in his house?
That's odd..

As NG stated they have sent those items off, but have yet to hear anything back on the results..

Why would he be at a state park wee hours of the morning? again ODD.

I heard on NG that he "supposedly" dropped her off 2 blocks from her sisters house..As NG asks "Why not drop her off at the front door?" again that is odd..Also..why would he change his number?? I don't believed that his sim card "fried itself.." BS!

To me he has G-U-I-L-T-Y stamped on his forehead..I mean I could be wrong, but it's not looking good at this point..I mean he was the last person to see Paige and he lied about where he was at..So many odd and suspicious behaviors on his end to make me think he is innocent JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back