GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I googled and couldnt find anything. Dd a judge rule on this yet about declaring her dead? I cant imagine a judge doing this in just a years time.

I don't think a judge ruled on it... I am searching the court records now--

Why I think Bumpass is guilty--

*A series of five search warrants on file at the Kenton Circuit Court Clerk’s Office claim Bumpass changed his mobile phones in the days following Johnson’s disappearance, extensively cleaned his car and tried to run from parole officers who arrested him. http://www.wcpo.com/dpps/news/local_news/m...led-man_5246784

Bumpass spent nearly 3 years in the state pen..I think he would do alot to make sure he is NOT going back.

*Tyler Lewin thought he and Jacob Bumpass were friends, until a night in December 2007 when he says Bumpass blindsided him and took his money. Police say it all took place at Oakbrook Road and Sycamore Hill in Florence. Bumpass was arrested that night and charged with robbery.

"About 45 minutes after her 12:12 a.m. posting, Jacob Thomas Bumpass, the Taylor Mill man currently being held in jail on a parole violation, told police he dropped Johnson off in Covington at 15th and Scott streets. Police said Bumpass told them that was at about 1 a.m. He was the last person to have seen her, according to court documents.
However, those same documents show that Bumpass' cell phone records show a different location at the time he said he was dropping Johnson off.
At approximately 1:03 a.m. Sept. 23, Bumpass' phone pinged on cell phone tower near Tanner's Lane in Florence, Ky., say court documents. According to Det. Bryan Frodge in an affidavit in support of a search warrant returned in the investigation, Johnson lived on Cantebury in Florence, which would be served by the tower on Tanner's Lane"

my theory: She found out something and he rushed to her house, he was killing her at 12:45/1am at her house, in his car. He drove to his house with the body, then began driving around to find a place to dump her.

Playing devils Advocate because its ALL my theory:

What has Ronnie (paige's current boyfriend)been up to? I don't recall him ever being cleared. *Detectives have questioned Rider, a convicted burglar, about his relationship with Paige. He said he cooperated fully except for taking a lie detector test.

"My attorney advised me against that," Rider said.

*Paige's 37-year-old mother, who has a minor criminal record herself, is now raising four additional children, including her own 2½-month-old, in a motel room in Florence. Where are mom and those children at now, 2 years later? http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2010102...-had-tough-life

my theory: She found out something and he rushed to her house, he was killing her at 12:45/1am at her house, in his car. He drove to his house with the body, then began driving around to find a place to dump her.

Or he dropped her off at the house like he said. There is nothing to suggest that he didn't do what he said he did.

What could she have possibly have "found out" that could be so severe that he would need to rush over and kill her right there and then?

That doesn't seem like a reasonable scenario.

There are things that suggest he didn't do what he said--

*hired a lawyer and refused to answer further questions.
& being on parole is a great reason to not report anything to the police...

*JB changed his cell phone number right after Paige went missing. If she is your best friend, how is she supposed to call you if she wants to come back?

He is a local, he knows that Scott st is NOT a place to leave a pretty teenager at 1am, its one of the worst spots in covington! Anyone in the local pill/weed/prostitution life knows this, and especially if he is the big protector ppl are making him out to be, its ridiculous. Pimps don't even leave their hoes there unattended.

*he should know who she went to see or knows them too

Eric Deters (lawyer) is nicknamed the pit-bull, I find it very odd he advised her mother to declare her dead, and do wonder if the papers were filed, or if it was a red herring to get ppl to talk--

But lying about where you were is ginormous red flag. Denying you were somewhere and have the ping show you as lying is awful.

The only time you lie to the cops, is when you are hiding something larger than what you are accused of.

None of that suggests that he didn't do what he said he did.

Since he was on parole and police were playing very close attention to his recent lifestyle, it would be very easy to have had his parole revoked. It doesn't take much if they are set on doing it. He was also being targeted as a potential person of interest. Under those conditions you would have to be very foolish to answer questions or NOT to get a lawyer.

Is he the only person she is capable of calling? Why would that make him guilty? It is not like the the cell phone number would incriminate him since police allready knew what it was. Getting rid of the number was most likely precisely because LE knew what it was and were sniffing around it, which would have allowed them to track his conversations, potentially a bad thing for him because it could lead to parole revocation. So it is not surprising that he got a new number.

Dropping her off where she asked to be dropped off is bad how? She knows the area just as well as him, probably better. Why would he have doubted her, she is not a child.

And not saying where he was, Hey! Remember the parole thing? Maybe he just didn't want to go back to jail.

I googled and didnt realize that Covington is only 24.3 mi from Fairfield OH. 39 min. Paige was supposed to be out alone and we have no idea what Katelyn Markham did that night. I wonder if their could be a connection in their disappearances.

I googled and didnt realize that Covington is only 24.3 mi from Fairfield OH. 39 min. Paige was supposed to be out alone and we have no idea what Katelyn Markham did that night. I wonder if their could be a connection in their disappearances.

Paige was last known to be with a man who is currently in jail on other charges...and won't talk about her case. I don't think there is a connection, personally.

I doubt the people involved in these stories are involved with the disappearance of Paige Johnson. My point being is that I think some similar fate may have happened to Paige Johnson. I suspect that a predator may have tried to use drugs to try to lure and seduce and exploit Paige Johnson and she may have overdosed or she may have resisted sexual advances. The last person she was known to be with, allegedly provided her with alcohol and possibly drugs. The last person she was with, used drugs and allegedly dealt drugs. The last person she was with is a felon with a history of violence. A very dangerous and suspicious scenario.

Person Of Interest in Chelsea Johnson Murder Facing Prostitution Charges
http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...ea-Johnson-Murder/5EsrVoYkeUu6S2dr55jRoQ.cspx

Police: Maysville Victim Dumped By Friends After Overdose
http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...-By-Friends-After/XNC6iH87zkKQiyvLiLmMZQ.cspx

I don’t want to rule out any connection to these other cases. I’m not trying to say they are connected. I am merely saying that I suspect there could be some similarities.

Why did the police STOP paige's investigation??
The police never did stop the investigation for Paige Johnson.

To file a wrongfull death suite you have to have evidence that the person actually is dead and/or that the person you are accusing is responsible.

There is circumstantial evidence that suggests both. If I understand correctly there are several reasons that it makes sense to try to go for wrongful death.

1) From what I understand there is a lower burden of proof required in a civil case. Whereas in a criminal case I think the standards for burdens of evidence is higher.

2) Allegedly in a criminal case, the accused cannot be forced to testify against themselves. Allegedly in a civil case, the accused could be forced to take the stand. In doing so, it could force the accused to try to give evidence as what happened to Paige Johnson. If the accused got caught in a lie, the accused could be charged with perjury and it might be used as evidence against them in a criminal case. If the accused refuses to talk, I think the accused can be charged. (please understand my knowledge of law is nil, so this is just speculation based on my own ignorant interpretation of the law)

Bumpass doesn't have anything, why file a wrongful death lawsuit?
The point obviously isn’t to get money from Bumpass. The point is to try to find out what happened to Paige Johnson, get her justice and bring her home.

….and nobody is looking for her?
You falsely assumed that just because she is presumed dead that people will stop looking for her. The point of declaring her dead is to try to find her, get her justice and bring her home.

Just because other families have used different methodologies, does that mean that everyone has to use the same methodologies? How would you feel if you had family that was missing, and people try to tell you what to do?

She just privately came to the conclusion that her daughter likely wasn't coming home.
She was wrong.
She was wrong? So Paige Johnson has come home?

My point is you are both guessing. Donna’s seems to be a more reasonable assumption.

When the family isn't begging for help, when the family isn't looking... other people aren't going to be looking either.…
Again you make false assumptions. I know Donna. She asked for help. People are still looking.

I think mom should look for a new lawyer. Bumpass most definitely CAN assert his 5th ammendment rights. He can also refuse to answer questions when being deposed, and then it is up to a judge to determine if the question is ligitimate and compliant with his constitutional rights.

The mom also needs to be aware that if she will require evidence to succeed in such a suit, and since LE has none she probably doesn't either. What LE does have, they are not going to give her because its an ongoing investigation. The case will be thrown out if there is no evidence and she could end up footing the bill for the costs.
Eric Deters is very controversial. The case has been held up for quite some time, because he lost his license in Kentucky, I think it is reinstated. Donna isn’t exactly Rockefeller, I don’t think she could afford a lawyer. From what I understand Eric Deters was kind enough to offer his services for free. The judge also may choose the position of Eric Deters. So I think it’s possible that Eric Deters plan might work. I don’t know if Eric Deters offer is still up, but if it was I would give it a shot.

In this political and legal climate our civil rights are disappearing. The Constitution is being reinterpreted as a living document. The powers that be typically consider the Constitution an obstacle to be overcome.

If Donna lost and had to pay the court costs, I suspect it would only be a few hundred dollars. However if she had to pay attorney fees for the opposition, that could be costly, however you can’t squeeze much water out of a rock. The public probably wouldn’t think very kindly of a judge and an opposing attorney that would try to hold Donna Johnson financially responsible if she lost.

Eric Deters is now distracted with the Sarah Jones case. While it might get him a lot of attention, I think he might be playing devils advocate in that case.

I support Donna Johnson's efforts to try to find her daughter, get her justice and bring her home.

Jacob allegedly served time in Pineville on a prison farm. Barbourville, KY the area where the most recent search was is only about 16 miles away. So Jacob Bumpass might be familiar with the area and might know were to best stash a body.

Jacob also allegedly worked for a while as a sanitation worker (I think on a garbage truck), so he might know the best places to dump a body where it might not be found and how to be less likely to be caught doing so.

Equusearch
national organization is now locating themselves in Cincinnati, so they can help find other missing people.

:woohoo:

Missing person search organization expanding to Ohio
http://www.fox19.com/story/19241534/texas-equusearch-expanding-organization-to-ohio

Texas Equusearch will have a Cincinnati team

CINCINNATI - A group known for traveling across the country to help with missing persons cases will have a base in the Tri-State….
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/texas-equusearch-will-have-a-cincinnati-team#ixzz236Io1oiT

I am hoping they will do some searches for Paige Johnson.

I am hoping they will help solve crimes and deter crime.

I have plenty of hypothesis of what happened to Paige Johnson. Just to name a few of what I would consider to be the most probable.:

• 1: Jacob Bumpass possibly supplied Paige Johnson with alcohol and/or drugs, she overdosed, he panicked and dumped the body. Some suspect that they might have been on a drug run the night, Paige Johnson disappeared.

• 2: Jacob Bumpass possibly supplied Paige Johnson with alcohol and/or drugs. Jacob Bumpass possibly made sexual advances toward Paige Johnson, she refused his advances. She may have been killed trying to resist.

• 3: Jacob Bumpass possibly supplied Paige Johnson with alcohol and/or drugs. Jacob Bumpass possibly sexually forced himself on Paige Johnson. She may have threatened to tell the authorities, so he may have killed her to keep her quiet.

• 4: Jacob Bumpass may have gone into debt to loan sharks and/or drug dealers, she may have been coerced, forced or shanghaied into sex slavery to pay for the debts.

• 5: Jacob Bumpass may have dropped her off much like he claimed. She may have been vulnerable, because Jacob allegedly provided her with alcohol and possibly drugs. Dropped off alone intoxicated at one o'clock in the morning in a rough neighborhood, would make her vulnerable to kidnapping, and/or murder.

It would have made her vulnerable to people like, alleged predator Darien McKinley.

"Police: Truck driver kidnapped two Kentucky teenagers"
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/158523185.html

Georgia truck driver booked in Bowling Green Ohio for allegedly kidnapping two Kentucky teenagers.
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=764441

Truck driver arraigned in Wood Co. on kidnapping charges
http://www.wave3.com/story/18760971/fbi-looking-into-wood-county-kidnapping-charges

I hope the authorities tried to determine the location of Darien McKinley, the time frame that Paige Johnson disappeared. He could be connected to the disappearance of Paige Johnson and/or others.

Allegedly the night to Paige Johnson disappeared, Jacob Bumpass cell phone pings were spread over a wide area. This would support the hypothesis that Jacob could have been on a drug run and/or could have been looking for a place to dump a body. In my opinion, Jacob Bumpass seems like a predator.

There is circumstantial evidence that suggests both. If I understand correctly there are several reasons that it makes sense to try to go for wrongful death.

1) From what I understand there is a lower burden of proof required in a civil case. Whereas in a criminal case I think the standards for burdens of evidence is higher.

2) Allegedly in a criminal case, the accused cannot be forced to testify against themselves. Allegedly in a civil case, the accused could be forced to take the stand. In doing so, it could force the accused to try to give evidence as what happened to Paige Johnson. If the accused got caught in a lie, the accused could be charged with perjury and it might be used as evidence against them in a criminal case. If the accused refuses to talk, I think the accused can be charged. (please understand my knowledge of law is nil, so this is just speculation based on my own ignorant interpretation of the law)

The point obviously isn’t to get money from Bumpass. The point is to try to find out what happened to Paige Johnson, get her justice and bring her home.

Eric Deters is very controversial. The case has been held up for quite some time, because he lost his license in Kentucky, I think it is reinstated. Donna isn’t exactly Rockefeller, I don’t think she could afford a lawyer. From what I understand Eric Deters was kind enough to offer his services for free. The judge also may choose the position of Eric Deters. So I think it’s possible that Eric Deters plan might work. I don’t know if Eric Deters offer is still up, but if it was I would give it a shot.

In this political and legal climate our civil rights are disappearing. The Constitution is being reinterpreted as a living document. The powers that be typically consider the Constitution an obstacle to be overcome.

If Donna lost and had to pay the court costs, I suspect it would only be a few hundred dollars. However if she had to pay attorney fees for the opposition, that could be costly, however you can’t squeeze much water out of a rock. The public probably wouldn’t think very kindly of a judge and an opposing attorney that would try to hold Donna Johnson financially responsible if she lost.

Eric Deters is now distracted with the Sarah Jones case. While it might get him a lot of attention, I think he might be playing devils advocate in that case.

I support Donna Johnson's efforts to try to find her daughter, get her justice and bring her home.

There isn't any evidence implicating him in her death. The burdent of proof may be lower in civil cases, but you still need reasonable evidence. Just accussing someone and wailing in court won't do it.

At some point, assuming that the mother did file a wrongfull death suit, the defendant would file for a motion for dismissal on the grounds of lack of evidence, and it would be granted. You can't drag people you don't like through the court system just because feel like it, the courts are not there for you to get revenge for percieved wrongs, there has to actually be a wrong. And trying to get him to perjure himself as your sole reason for sueing is guarenteed to get your claim dismissed.

If a suit is filed without reasonable grounds, the defendant is entitled to get damages to cover costs. <modsnip> The judge would grant it. That is what usually happens when you lose a law suit you started.

Allegedly the night to Paige Johnson disappeared, Jacob Bumpass cell phone pings were spread over a wide area. This would support the hypothesis that Jacob could have been on a drug run and/or could have been looking for a place to dump a body. In my opinion, Jacob Bumpass seems like a predator.

That doesn't mean anything, other than he was out that night. People do go out at night for reasons other than buying drugs or hiding bodies.

If he was a predator then there would be many victims and many stories being told. Why has no-one come forward if that was the case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back