KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lOL, can imagine how the hunters would be rioting in the streets if she supported PETA and was in charge of issuing Hunting licenses?

What in the world does she hope to ACCOMPLISH with her refusal to issue the licenses? Seriously, what does she think will happen? Her actions are not going to change the law, so what is her ultimate goal?

If her only objective is to adhere to her beliefs, then she needs to resign because the job requires her to issue licenses.

What exactly is the procedure to fire this woman? She currently is not showing up for the job - at what point does that disqualify her from holding the Clerk position? I certainly hope she is not drawing a paycheck while sitting in jail.

But, seriously, she does realize the law is not going to change because of what she's doing, right?

Attention for her sick "cause" is part of it or perhaps all of it.
Combine that with her being an absolute nit wit and Houston we have a problem.

ITD nice to see you again, it's not funny but... buckets!, I don't know much, but I know about buckets!!!!

If I have offended anyone by my levity in this sorry arse case, I sincerely apologize.

So how come they don't have a system who signs the licences when the elected clerk is unavailable? What happens when she's on a holiday or in hospital? Or in jail?

If she's the only one who can legally sign marriage licences there she needs to resign her butt ASAP. She can't be so grandiotic that her religious beliefs mean that no one in a whole damn county can get their legal marriage licence.
I have a feeling a signature stamp exists. :rolleyes:

I heard about this on the radio. The husband had the audacity to use this bit of info to defend his wife's position. Isn't this the same candidate who has a close relationship to JB Duggar? MH should be very careful about who he aligns himself with. I don't see any of this working in his favor. JMO

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is planning to visit the Kentucky clerk taken into custody for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples next week.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/2016-kim-davis-presidential-candidates-responses/

Where is an atheist telling a Christian how to act? This case has nothing to do with telling a Christian how to act when it comes to their personal choices with their religion and beliefs. This case has to do with a Christian telling others that they can not obtain a legal marriage license in "her" county because she doesn't approve of their choice in a life partner. If she wants to preach to "sinners" that they are wrong and doomed for hell, she can do so on her own time. However, she can not legally do so when it comes to her job.

MOO

She should do her job or resign. That being said, there are some on this thread criticizing her actions as a Christian.

Attention for her sick "cause" is part of it or perhaps all of it.
Combine that with her being an absolute nit wit and Houston we have a problem.

ITD nice to see you again, it's not funny but... buckets!, I don't know much, but I know about buckets!!!!

If I have offended anyone by my levity in this sorry arse case, I sincerely apologize.

Nice to see you too!!

So how come they don't have a system who signs the licences when the elected clerk is unavailable? What happens when she's on a holiday or in hospital? Or in jail?

If she's the only one who can legally sign marriage licences there she needs to resign her butt ASAP. She can't be so grandiotic that her religious beliefs mean that no one in a whole damn county can get their legal marriage licence.

RBBM.
Great questions.
Yes, please resign your butt NOW. Ding a ling.
Hmmm, just a gut feeling; perhaps she is that grandiose.
Even though this case disgusts me, I'm so glad that we are able to discuss it.
Thanks for your post.

With all due respect - as much as I can muster - the question is biased. Why not (also?) 'why is a so-called Christian telling anyone, including atheists, how to act?' That order better reflects the case here.

Imo, 'neither' would be a little more embracing to both sides. Jmo.

What question?

If you will read my posts you will see that I totally agree with you.

Yes, I saw that. I hope you don't think I was disagreeing with you. I was just adding my own superfluous agreement to what you wrote. :)

She should do her job or resign. That being said, there are some on this thread criticizing her actions as a Christian.

I have a feeling this woman would be a wanna-be dictator regardless of her religious beliefs or lack thereof.

Yes I'm criticizing her actions as an alleged Christian.
She is making all Christians look bad, IMO. Fair? Likely not but it is what it is. She's an egotistical, presumptuous, hateful criminal. She SHOULD be criticized. And her religious beliefs are and should be criticized as they are infringing on the rights of others and showing her to be a hypocrite who thinks she knows what her god wants.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

lOL, can imagine how the hunters would be rioting in the streets if she supported PETA and was in charge of issuing Hunting licenses?

Right. Like if she was a Jianist or Hindu.

As I understand it, she stopped issuing ALL marriage licenses.

Ridiculous that she should think she could remain as county clerk and not issue marriage licenses, regardless of gender issues.

Ridiculous that she thought no one would notice her true intentions by denying all. I can add idiot to my list for KM.

I think she is wrong. However, I get no pleasure in <modsnip>. JMO

"A jailed Kentucky clerk asserted that marriage licenses issued without her authority Friday to gay couples in Rowan County are void and 'not worth the paper they are written on' because she didn't authorize them, her attorney said."

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-couples-try-wed-defiant-clerk-sits-jail-082850785.html#

"Rowan County Attorney Cecil Watkins has previously dismissed that argument, saying deputy clerks can issue valid marriage licenses without the approval of their boss."

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/09/04/4019876/live-updates-county-clerk-continues.html

I think she is wrong. However, I get no pleasure in <modsnip>. JMO

<modsnip> I'm angry on the behalf of those who are being denied. Really angry. She doesn't have the right to do what she did. IMO

<modsnip>ehalf of those who are being denied. Really angry. She doesn't have the right to do what she did. IMO
I agree. I'm incensed by this woman's audacity and disgusting holier-than-thou attitude. <modsnip> This woman should have resigned a long time ago. She's not a martyr. She's abhorrent. And every second she refuses to do her damn job she's making it worse. No one is doing that but her. She's cutting off her nose to spite her face.

I agree. I'm incensed by this woman's audacity and disgusting holier-than-thou attitude. <modsnip>This woman should have resigned a long time ago. She's not a martyr. She's abhorrent. And every second she refuses to do her damn job she's making it worse. No one is doing that but her. She's cutting off her nose to spite her face.

Seeing the male couple that were so frustrated and in tears a few days ago really made me angry and I felt for them. She had the power and she used it to cause pain to others.
She should be ashamed and so should the people who support her. IMO

Seeing the male couple that were so frustrated and in tears a few days ago really made me angry and I felt for them. She had the power and she used it to cause pain to others.
She should be ashamed and so should the people who support her. IMO

I am proud of that couple. I think I would've gone to another county to avoid the woman, but holding out for their right to a license was the best thing to do and benefits others who come after them. Bravo, gentlemen!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back