KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they want to pay $80.000 to a clerk who is only willing to keep her oath and do her duties when it suits her and takes surprise jail vacations because she will ignore court orders... then they deserve her I guess.

She was elected in 2014 and it's not like gay marriages weren't in the air then, so to speak.
They ought to impeach her. If Bill Clinton can be brought up on impeachment charges and Gov. Grey Davis impeached (who was a good governor and we were stuck with Ahnold), then why can't she be???

Just my opinion but all of this smacks alot more about attention then an act of conscience.
Lets just recast these same circumstances with a male Muslim American in her position refusing to issue a driver or business licence to a woman because by his lights it violated God's law.
(And by the way from a legal stand point which is really the only relevant one in this case God's Law doesn't trump the law of the United States of America....that would be Saudi Arabia and Iran.)
If it were a hypothetical Muslim American instead of Kim Davis,Im sure the dynamic of the discussion would change for a whole bunch of folks damn quick.
I think this is more about a bid to be this years Cliven Bundy a Fox Nation icon and undoubtedly a ghost written book,TV appearances and im sure a sizable amount of cash donations from well meaning rubes for her 'defense'.
Im sorry but violating Federal Law and being in Contempt of Court has consequences.

They ought to impeach her. If Bill Clinton can be brought up on impeachment charges and Gov. Grey Davis impeached (who was a good governor and we were stuck with Ahnold), then why can't she be???

Cah-lee-foh-nyah.

Let us just imagine for a moment if this were a gun shop.

And an employee refused to sell a gun to someone. Because they had a moral objection to guns and killing. Gun nuts would have their panties in a major twist over this. Because of you know, civil rights and all. And because guns are good and gays are evil.

Are we all okay with that? I mean we all know that gays getting married is WAY scarier than people buying guns, because more people die every year from gay-ness than from gunshot wounds. It's science. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping a trans man and a trans woman come in to Miss Kim's Ye Olde Licensing Shoppe and request a marriage license from her.

Just to see her head explode.

...knows how to party.

Please don't get me wrong. "Flor-i-DUH" native, grew up in SC and TX, know how to both adore my home places and view them objectively.

But AH-Nold and his pronunciation was great fun.

Let us just imagine for a moment if this were a gun shop.

And an employee refused to sell a gun to someone. Because they had a moral objection to guns and killing. Gun nuts would have their panties in a major twist over this. Because of you know, civil rights and all. And because guns are good and gays are evil.

Are we all okay with that? I mean we all know that gays getting married is WAY scarier than people buying guns, because more people die every year from gay-ness than from gunshot wounds. It's science. :rolleyes:

Well, since you brought it up......

Let us imagine for a moment that this were a police chief of the District of Columbia. And the police chief refused to issue concealed carry permits to people who meet all the requirements of the law, but the police chief imposes her own additional requirements, that are not part of the law, that no one can meet, and therefore no one can get a concealed carry permit in D.C., despite a court order to the contrary.

Are we all okay with that?

Or, let us imagine that the Sheriff in San Diego County imposes his own strict standard for concealed-carry permits, far beyond what is required by law, and refuses to issue any concealed-carry permits to his constituents despite a court order to the contrary.

I'm personally not okay with any elected or appointed official refusing to comply with the law.

Do we all want all the laws to be complied with, or only those laws that we like?

Please don't get me wrong. "Flor-i-DUH" native, grew up in SC and TX, know how to both adore my home places and view them objectively.

But AH-Nold and his pronunciation was great fun.
Hey, I'm a Californian who was embarrassed by Arnold. Didn't vote for him, was glad to see him go and get a governor who knows how to govern!

Well, since you brought it up......

Let us imagine for a moment that this were a police chief of the District of Columbia. And the police chief refused to issue concealed carry permits to people who meet all the requirements of the law, but the police chief imposes her own additional requirements, that are not part of the law, that no one can meet, and therefore no one can get a concealed carry permit in D.C., despite a court order to the contrary.

Or, let us imagine that the Sheriff in San Diego County imposes his own strict standard for concealed-carry permits, far beyond what is required by law, and refuses to issue any concealed-carry permits to his constituents despite a court order to the contrary.

I'm personally not okay with any elected or appointed official refusing to comply with the law.

Do we all want all the laws to be complied with, or only those laws that we like?

This was exactly the point of my post. Thank you.

There are many laws I take issue with. As is my right. And I cast my votes in an effort to reflect my beliefs.

However, I adhere to the law as stated, even while working to have that law changed. And I hold in the highest regard the rights of all people to not have their rights stomped upon illegally. Whether it be the right to marry or to carry weapons.

Do I wish gun laws were revisited? Yes. Because too many people die . I am not sure what the stats are on gay marriage deaths, but perhaps you can enlighten us?

All said, both are legal, and I respect their legality even if I do not especially celebrate gun laws. But see what I did there? I respected the LAW.

Hey, I'm a Californian who was embarrassed by Arnold. Didn't vote for him, was glad to see him go and get a governor who knows how to govern!

Ha ha, my MIL is a Cali hearter <3 She adores every Cali city she ever lived in. I can't blame her-lovely places! But it is so fun to say "go Cha-Jahs"!

Signed,
Stuck in the Swamp

(Wish I lived in Cali)

Or left-handed red heads? SMDH

She is a jumper-wearing hypocritical stain on humanity.

Gemma Teller Morrow might have called her a gash.

Still coming down from binge watching SOA.

Oooooo, LinasK loves AHHHH-nold. Hee hee.

Sorry, kidding. Just spent the evening with my niece's brownie troop!

She does need to be impeached. Unfortunately, it will be awhile before they are in session to do so. In the mean time, she should be put back in jail.

I read the oaths that she took and I also read the document that explained what would take place in her "absence". IIRC, a judge can take over for her.

This was exactly the point of my post. Thank you.

There are many laws I take issue with. As is my right. And I cast my votes in an effort to reflect my beliefs.

However, I adhere to the law as stated, even while working to have that law changed. And I hold in the highest regard the rights of all people to not have their rights stomped upon illegally. Whether it be the right to marry or to carry weapons.

Do I wish gun laws were revisited? Yes. Because too many people die . I am not sure what the stats are on gay marriage deaths, but perhaps you can enlighten us?

All said, both are legal, and I respect their legality even if I do not especially celebrate gun laws. But see what I did there? I respected the LAW.

Good for you! Way too many, on every side of every issue, only want to enforce the laws they like.

Personally, I think the DC Police Chief and San Diego Sheriff should go to jail for contempt, just like Kim Davis did.

It's bad enough that we have to go hat in hand to bureaucrats to get permission to exercise our fundamental rights, such as getting married or carrying a weapon for self-defense. It's completely unacceptable when those bureaucrats flout the law and refuse to "allow" us to exercise our fundamental rights.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...st-amendment.html?via=desktop&source=facebook

This is even more important when we&#8217;re talking about government officials, such as public school educators, judges, or country clerks. Such individuals are expected to do their jobs no matter who is appearing before them or under their care. Imagine, for example, that a person of the Quaker faith took a job with the county and then refused to issue gun licenses on grounds it violated her faith. The easy answer here is that she would have no right to do so. If guns are legal in the county, then citizens have a right to apply, and she cannot use her personal beliefs to stop others from obtaining a license. In this example, gun owners and non-gun owners alike probably would tell her to go find another job where she could function without ethical or religious dilemma.

A must read IMO!

She does need to be impeached. Unfortunately, it will be awhile before they are in session to do so. In the mean time, she should be put back in jail.

I read the oaths that she took and I also read the document that explained what would take place in her "absence". IIRC, a judge can take over for her.

So then, why don't they clear the issue up annd have the judge order the licenses that were issued without her valid???:thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back