GUILTY KY - Ryan Poston, 29, murdered at his Highland Heights home, 12 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In her first trial, the judge sentenced her to 40 yrs in prison per the recommendation of the jury. The sentence was handed down 4 months after her conviction.

This time around, "If jurors determine Hubers is guilty, they’ll move right into a sentencing hearing and make a recommendation to Judge Daniel Zalla." The reporter remarked, " We'll see what the jury does this time around with their recommendation"

Psychologist: Hubers has borderline personality disorder, not PTSD

Here are the possible sentences they could recommend:

Kentucky
Offense Murder: Death Penalty, Life Without Parole, Life with parole eligibility in 25 years, Life with parole eligibility in 20 years, or 20 to 50 years

I'll be disappointed if she gets a lesser sentence this time. I think her testifying this time hurt her more than it helped her. It's one thing to know she's a liar from the testimony of other witnesses but when she got up on the stand and lied to the jurors to their faces.................

In her first trial, the judge sentenced her to 40 yrs in prison per the recommendation of the jury. The sentence was handed down 4 months after her conviction.

This time around, "If jurors determine Hubers is guilty, they’ll move right into a sentencing hearing and make a recommendation to Judge Daniel Zalla." The reporter remarked, " We'll see what the jury does this time around with their recommendation"

Psychologist: Hubers has borderline personality disorder, not PTSD

Here are the possible sentences they could recommend:

Kentucky
Offense Murder: Death Penalty, Life Without Parole, Life with parole eligibility in 25 years, Life with parole eligibility in 20 years, or 20 to 50 years

I'll be disappointed if she gets a lesser sentence this time. I think her testifying this time hurt her more than it helped her. It's one thing to know she's a liar from the testimony of other witnesses but when she got up on the stand and lied to the jurors to their faces.................

Thanks Rocco I hadn't been able to find this information. I think getting on the stand likely hurt her also plus going with the DV defense. I hope at least she doesn't get less years than what she got the 1st time. Hopefully more years like she deserves.

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 1h1 hour ago

Hubers: Judge tells jury if they find Hubers guilty murder isn't the only option for a sentence. Manslaughter and reckless homicide also options. @WCPO

Hubers: Defense attorney David Eldridge addressing jury now. "There was a perfect looking couple on the outside that were deeply flawed on the inside and their unhealthy relationship came to a tragic ending on 10/12/12 @WCPO

Hubers: "The commonwealth has been unable to accept the truth about Mr. Poston they don't want you to see the whole picture of Mr. Poston and Miss Hubers," said David Eldridge. "Mr. Poston was in many ways a dangerous individual." @WCPO

Hubers: "Mr. Poston treated Shayna Hubers like a yo-yo he pushed her away and then he would bring her back," said Eldridge. @WCPO

Hubers: "According to the prosecution's witnesses it was Mr. Poston's plan to have her up and break up with her in person. In that same time period he's inviting Miss Hubers to have dinner with his parents at their house," said Eldridge. @WCPO

Hubers: "The commonwealth is trying to put blinders on you relating to Ryan Poston's stress and anxiety," said Eldridge. @WCPO Eldridge trying to convince jury Poston was volatile and dangerous.

Hubers: "These three women are nothing opportunistic predators preying on a 21-year-old Shayna Hubers. A naive neophyte in the ways of the jail," Eldridge attacks the credibility of Hubers' cellmates. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 52m52 minutes ago

Hubers: "Mr. Poston verbally assaulted Miss Hubers on the evening of October 12th and physically assaulted her. The was grabbing her hair jerking her head back and forth. And then the unleashing of the verbal assaults," said Eldridge. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 52m52 minutes ago

Hubers: "It's against that backdrop(supposed altercation) that they end up on opposite sides of the table with the gun on it. A gun that we know was ready to fire. We know it was cocked and it was ready to fire," said Eldridge. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 51m51 minutes ago

Hubers: "We know that the shots were fired quickly. All that was necessary was to flip the safety up and start pulling the trigger and that it could be fired as quickly as someone pulling the trigger. We know the shooting was over in a couple of seconds," said Eldridge. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 48m48 minutes ago

Hubers: "We've not hidden anything from you about Shayna Hubers. The commonwealth is trying to paint Shayna Hubers as a lier," said Eldridge. "The prosecution has tried to normalize behavior that is not normal." @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 45m45 minutes ago

Hubers: "Why would Miss Hubers try to kill him for doing something he had done before(break up)? The irrefutable facts in this case-we know that she was under emotional disturbance-you need to move past the murder instructions because that's not what this case is about," @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 5m5 minutes ago

Hubers: Michelle Snodgrass Commonwealth's Attorney begins her closing argument. "One of the most important things that we can remind you of are the words of Shayna Hubers. What she says, "'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. He's burning in Hell and it feels good.'" @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 3m3 minutes ago

Hubers: "Shayna Hubers described herself as someone who would go to the ends of the earth to get she what wants. She would say what she needed to say to get what she wants. She was obsessive. And most importantly she was dishonest," said Snodgrass. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 2m2
minutes ago

Hubers: "Ryan was killed by the worst kind of enemy that you could have. Not the stranger but the murderer hiding in plain sight. That's the worst kind of enemy that you could have," said Snodgrass. @wcpo now playing police room statements by Hubers.

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 4m4 minutes ago

Hubers: Watch what she does the minute police officers walk out of that room. (Hubers crying)((stops when cop leaves)) She turns it off!! It is said that the true test of someone's character is what you do when you think no one is watching." @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 1m1 minute ago

Hubers: Snodgrass plays tape again and shows Hubers snap her fingers and say, "Yep I did it." @WCPO "For the last six years this situation has been her performance. If you can't trust the messenger you can't trust the message," said Snodgrass. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 18s19 seconds ago

Hubers: "Lying to her friends. Lying to her classmates. Lying to her mother. Lying to her professors. She lied to Ryan. She will lie to get what she wants," Snodgrass. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 55s56 seconds ago

Hubers: "When she got up on the witness stand and told her story. Things were suddenly different. She told facts that were not supported by the evidence," said Snodgrass. Stories told by Hubers that involved other people were not supported by those people when questioned. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 44s45 seconds ago

Hubers: "So I guess when we point to the list of people Shayna Hubers has lied to now we can include all of you," as Snodgrass points to members of the jury.
@WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 2m2 minutes ago

Hubers: "She would make up stuff to get him back. She would cry to get him back. She would come up to his home when he wasn't there. 80 miles wasn't enough to keep her from this man who she wants you to believe was so abusive towards her," said Snodgrass. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 1m1 minute ago

Hubers: "I needed to make sure he was dead so he couldn't tell anyone what really happened that night," Snodgrass reminds the jury what a jail mate testified that Hubers told her. @WCPO

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 48s48 seconds ago

Hubers: "If his head hit the table after the first shot. Why did she keep shooting? I didn't want to watch him die. So I shot him somewhere where I knew it would kill him and fast. She is not entitled to a judgement of self defense." @WCPO

Last edited:
Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 48s49 seconds ago

Photos from the last day of the #ShaynaHubers trial. Closing arguments have concluded. The jury will be getting the case soon. The jury can consider 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree manslaughter or reckless homicide.

Dls3dJfUwAI7xXE.jpg

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 2m2 minutes ago

Hubers: "The first shot was from more than three feet away to Ryan Poston's head. He falls down with his head on the table. She says she walked around she shoots him in the underarm and the back. After those shots Mr. Poston begins to fall," Snodgrass. @WCPO

(Not sure why he is still giving tweets from closing when they are on Verdict Watch. Unless Law and Crime misstated.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back