GUILTY KY - Ryan Poston, 29, murdered at his Highland Heights home, 12 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/campbell-county/newport/defense-set-for-big-day-in-shanyna-hubers-trial

Criminal defense attorney Mark Krumbein said he's looking at the relationship between Hubers and her boyfriend, Ryan Poston.

"I think that you would try to show that something happened in the relationship that she could legitimately say that she had post traumatic stress disorder and in her mind, she felt like if she didn't kill him in that moment, that she would be harmed or killed herself," he said.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/campbell-county/newport/defense-set-for-big-day-in-shanyna-hubers-trial

Criminal defense attorney Mark Krumbein said he's looking at the relationship between Hubers and her boyfriend, Ryan Poston.

"I think that you would try to show that something happened in the relationship that she could legitimately say that she had post traumatic stress disorder and in her mind, she felt like if she didn't kill him in that moment, that she would be harmed or killed herself," he said.

ptsd..........give me a freakin' break :mad:

the defense starts today......buckle up people, it's gonna get ugly, or should i say uglier :mad:

:rose: ryan

I wonder if this DT will play 'trash the victim' now. I suppose that we will now see the defense drag out their experts on DV and try to prove that RP was an abuser. DT seem to have a template to work from lately. I am sorry for his family and friends who will have to sit silently in court and listen.

:thinking: Murder is a capital offense, we have the DP in Ohio but I haven't read anything stating they're going for DP. Anyone know?

I wonder if this DT will play 'trash the victim' now. I suppose that we will now see the defense drag out their experts on DV and try to prove that RP was an abuser. DT seem to have a template to work from lately. I am sorry for his family and friends who will have to sit silently in court and listen.

It's an almost laughable defense because if Ryan was abusive, her parents would have known it and been trying to get her away from him. All she had to do was take out an order of protection. He was an attorney, he would have had no choice but to comply.

JMO

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:eek: OMG ... this :dervish: SH is so similar to :dervish: Jodi and she thinks she is as smart as

:gaah: !

Just got caught up on this thread and :tyou: for all the updates !

Can't wait to hear the GUILTY Verdict -- it should be a "no brainer" !

I think this will be the basis for the defense IMO. BBM http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/northern-ky/2015/04/10/hubers-trial-need-know/25579237/

Medical records: Court records indicate both Poston and Hubers' medical histories will be fair game, including prescription medications, toxicology reports and mental health histories. Both sides plan to call expert witnesses.

I'm sure they will. That seems to be the answer these days for all the abusive girlfriends who kill their victim.
I hope they don't try to drag *advertiser censored* into it! Good grief.. don't know if I can do THAT again! :facepalm:

It's an almost laughable defense because if Ryan was abusive, her parents would have known it and been trying to get her away from him. All she had to do was take out an order of protection. He was an attorney, he would have had no choice but to comply.

JMO

I think Ryan should have done that too... A restraining order at least. Just to keep her away. If she came to the condo all he had to do was keep the door closed and call police. These guys really underestimate these crazy women who won't let go.
Hindsight is always 20/20 though..isn't it? So Sad because by then it's always too late.

Is there a link to interrogation video?
Thanks,
ooooo good question tweezybird, i would love to see all of that too, i've only seen snippets......

i'm playing catch up here :D

:seeya:

Her mother made a trip to help her, but this terrible event still happened later. I don't fully understand what this episode was about, or what she actually told her mother. Why didn't she just leave with her mother? :sigh:

Hubers' mom: 'There was fear in her voice'
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...5/04/20/shayna-hubers-trial-day-six/26074015/

Sometime after 3 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 12, 2012, Sharon Hubers' phone rang. It was her daughter, Shayna, and she was upset.

"She was sick. She was in pain. There was fear in her voice," Sharon Hubers testified Monday.

Sharon Hubers was so worried that she got into her car and drove nearly two hours in the middle of the night to Ryan Poston's Highland Heights condominium, where her daughter had spent the night...

"I tried to get her to leave with me and come home and go to the emergency room."

Is there a link to interrogation video?
Thanks,

ooooo good question tweezybird, i would love to see all of that too, i've only seen snippets......
i'm playing catch up here :D
:seeya:

Yes, is there a link to SH's interrogation video ?

I read in one of the articles posted above that she sang Amazing Grace while she was waiting in the interrogation room :gaah:

But -- did she do headstands like JA -- or dig through the trash -- or anything else :crazy:

TIA !

Yes, is there a link to SH's interrogation video ?

I read in one of the articles posted above that she sang Amazing Grace while she was waiting in the interrogation room :gaah:

But -- did she do headstands like JA -- or dig through the trash -- or anything else :crazy:

TIA !

Can't find a link to the interrogation. I saw it on NG and DrD shows.

Yes, singing "like people do" when in interrogation after killing someone they supposedly loved. :facepalm:
Nice voice, terrible crime.

No head stands or trash digging though. She offered an incredible amount of info without being asked, and did some enactments of how she shot him.

I'd like to see the whole interrogation, but don't know if we can find it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back