GUILTY KY - Ryan Poston, 29, murdered at his Highland Heights home, 12 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow .. this one is a real piece of work.

Her interrogation videos are a revelation and they alone are probably enough to ensure where this verdict is going.

It's a slam dunk surely?

I don't know about a slam dunk, this is Kentucky after all. These backwater states like TN, KY, WV are hard to predict. Remember the Winkler case? The preacher who was shot in the back with a shotgun while he was sleeping? She even pulled the phone out of the wall and took off. She claimed self defense because of battered wife syndrome. SHE LIED and had no corroboration but that STUPID jury let her off with a sentence of like 200 some odd days, and most of that spent in a nut house. Her own daughter testified against her and she got all three kids back shortly after she got out of nut house. go figure?
I don't trust these southern states

SH just fascinates me. I cannot understand what makes her tick. Women like her and JA and that other one who pushed her brand new husband off a cliff cause she decided she didn't want to be married after all...they seem like a different species to me. :confused: I can't seem to wrap my brain around their thought processes. I keep reading everything available waiting for that ah ha moment when I will finally understand. It never comes. :sigh:

I didn't hear about the one where the whack job pushed him off a cliff? What was the case name? I read about the one where the monster pushed her 23 year old husband out a 25 story window in Tulsa, OK. She also claimed DV but had no marks on her ever but he had a report on her when they were in Alaska at Elsworth AFB. She pushed him down some stairs and he had 35 stitches and staples in his head. She was the aggressor. She was 7 months pregnant when she killed him. Neighbor said he heard someone running in the apt and then glass breaking. She ran at him and pushed from behind his back and out the window he went. She got 25 years for second degree murder. Her appeal was denied, thank goodness.

I don't know about a slam dunk, this is Kentucky after all. These backwater states like TN, KY, WV are hard to predict. Remember the Winkler case? The preacher who was shot in the back with a shotgun while he was sleeping? She even pulled the phone out of the wall and took off. She claimed self defense because of battered wife syndrome. SHE LIED and had no corroboration but that STUPID jury let her off with a sentence of like 200 some odd days, and most of that spent in a nut house. Her own daughter testified against her and she got all three kids back shortly after she got out of nut house. go figure?
I don't trust these southern states
Rather than talk about how many ways your comment is quite offensive to someone from Kentucky, such as myself, or other of the states, I'll instead simply note that your view of the specific area in this case is off. This took place in Northern Kentucky, which is essentially a bedroom community of Cincinnati. The northern most 3 counties are essentially as much midwestern as they are southern, and it is most definitely not "backwater" So the toothless bible-toting idiots down in the holler that you seeming to envision in your description above, are instead mostly middle-class suburban midwesterners.

Just another reason not to go throwing around stereotypes based on misconceptions and singular events. IMO.

I didn't hear about the one where the whack job pushed him off a cliff? What was the case name? I read about the one where the monster pushed her 23 year old husband out a 25 story window in Tulsa, OK. She also claimed DV but had no marks on her ever but he had a report on her when they were in Alaska at Elsworth AFB. She pushed him down some stairs and he had 35 stitches and staples in his head. She was the aggressor. She was 7 months pregnant when she killed him. Neighbor said he heard someone running in the apt and then glass breaking. She ran at him and pushed from behind his back and out the window he went. She got 25 years for second degree murder. Her appeal was denied, thank goodness.
BBM. Jordan Graham in Montana. http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/justice/montana-newlywed-sentenced/

Victim bashing has begun. How dirty was Ryan's condo that he deserved to be shot by her daughter? :dunno:

Shayna Hubers' mother takes stand in murder trial as defense begins case
http://www.wlwt.com/news/defense-begins-stating-its-case-in-shayna-hubers-trial/32461878

Shayna Hubers' mother also testified about the first time she ever met Posten.

“He put his head down. Very, very, like this, very awkward. The condo was not what you’d expect out of a gentleman almost 30 years old. It was very nasty.”

I don't get these cases. Leaving in so much easier than life or decades in prison.

I honestly dont know if i can do another one of "these" cases :tantrum:

Rather than talk about how many ways your comment is quite offensive to someone from Kentucky, such as myself, or other of the states, I'll instead simply note that your view of the specific area in this case is off. This took place in Northern Kentucky, which is essentially a bedroom community of Cincinnati. The northern most 3 counties are essentially as much midwestern as they are southern, and it is most definitely not "backwater" So the toothless bible-toting idiots down in the holler that you seeming to envision in your description above, are instead mostly middle-class suburban midwesterners.

Just another reason not to go throwing around stereotypes based on misconceptions and singular events. IMO.

There are countless wonderful people from the south. Some of the best are members right here! Kentucky is a beautiful state by the way, with an incredible tradition of social and civic and environmental activism, great horses, wonderful music and excellent bourbon. Some very, very intelligent people from Kentucky.

Sorry, no offense intended. I was very upset about the Mary Winkler case that was in TN. Read an article about it and some of the posters were from TN and they commented on the southern states and women defendants and how they hardly ever convict them. But I should not have phrased my comment the way I did. Sorry

This one hits close to home for me. I have a male friend trapped in a severe DV situation right now. He isn't even *with* her anymore, but she lives in his apartment. Some of us are trying to help him figure out an escape plan, but it's hard. And scary. If she beats him and emotionally abuses him when he's right there, what will she do when he leaves for real? Situations like this are what have him terrified to leave. I've kept track of his (detailed) accounts. May the powers that be keep me from ever having to use them.

What kind of amphetamines? Anyone know why or for what he was taking amphetamines?

Did they drug test Shayna also? She sure did a lot of rambling on like a speed freak in her interrogation.

I want to know too Curious Me, obviously these were RX's prescribed by a Doctor. What their paid for witness testified to is long term amphetamine abuse effects. This is to confuse the jurors. Children take medication (amphetamines) to treat ADD and ADHD and in my opinion they take them far too long, but that is just MO, I am not a doctor. But any medication sold today has side effects that affect a small percentage of people. It's listed on all medication. This Defense Doctor just highlighted those small side effects to confuse the jury. Hopefully most are smart enough to see what the DT was trying to do. I would hope the prosecution would point that out.

That was quite a lie. BBM

Sharon Hubers testified that the two were close, though under cross-examination by prosecutors she admitted that in the months before the shooting, she put money into her daughter's bank account for a trip to Indiana – only to learn later that her daughter was actually in Hawaii.

Psychology and plans to do school counseling...but now those facts are rather scary instead of impressive. The book learning lessons just didn't sink in, I guess.

On Monday, however, the defense presented a very different picture: Hubers was a star student, graduating in three years from the University of Kentucky with a degree in psychology, her mother testified. She was pursuing a master's degree in school counseling at Eastern Kentucky University at the time of the shooting.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...5/04/20/shayna-hubers-trial-day-six/26074015/

This one hits close to home for me. I have a male friend trapped in a severe DV situation right now. He isn't even *with* her anymore, but she lives in his apartment. Some of us are trying to help him figure out an escape plan, but it's hard. And scary. If she beats him and emotionally abuses him when he's right there, what will she do when he leaves for real? Situations like this are what have him terrified to leave. I've kept track of his (detailed) accounts. May the powers that be keep me from ever having to use them.

:seeya: I hope your friend escapes soon ... and here are just a few suggestions so your friend does not end up like Ryan and Travis Alexander:

- Obtain a Restraining Order against this :crazy: woman ...

- Change all of his passwords to his e-mail, any social media accounts, bank accounts, etc. -- these type of women luv to hack into their accounts ...

- Document the abuse, etc. -- maybe have a friend keep this documentation so this :crazy: woman does not find it with him ...

Oh -- make sure he has no guns or other type weapons around that this :crazy: can get her hands on -- so he does not end up like Ryan.

I hope this helps ... and please add to the list if you think of anything else !

TIA !

http://www.fox19.com/story/28843662/hubers-team-takes-over

On Monday, Sharon Hubers, Shayna's mother, took the stand to testify in the defense of her daughter.

" I was uh...frightened for Shayna, this mans almost 30-years-old she's 19," Sharon said.

:seeya:

BBM: OMG ... is she trying to make it look like Ryan was a pedo -- like Jodi said about Travis, which was a lie ...

Also, I thought SH was 21 years old when she murdered Ryan, and Ryan was only 29 years old.

Please correct if I am wrong on this one. TIA !

I honestly dont know if i can do another one of "these" cases :tantrum:

I agree can't do another one of these but not really tempted with this not being streamed. The victim bashing is going to be really bad here.

I can't believe there is only one short thread about this. Plus I only first heard about it yesterday. I am guessing it is not being streamed cause I can't find anything but news videos. Anyways. Looking forward to hearing more.

I haven't read enough to know if she really was in a DV situation? I have been and have had my ex point a rifle at me, then put the butt on the floor and put it in his mouth. He was too cowardly to pull the trigger thank God, but I still stayed. I still could not imagine killing him in a rage, though today I wouldn't be phased or unhappy if I heard he was dead. Thing is, I could understand it happening if someone was truly in that situation. I get that one is supposed to walk away, but life doesn't always go as planned.

Now, not knowing enough about this case, I don't know all the details. She didn't overkill him ala JA did she?

Someone give me the 411.

I can't believe there is only one short thread about this. Plus I only first heard about it yesterday. I am guessing it is not being streamed cause I can't find anything but news videos. Anyways. Looking forward to hearing more.

I haven't read enough to know if she really was in a DV situation? I have been and have had my ex point a rifle at me, then put the butt on the floor and put it in his mouth. He was too cowardly to pull the trigger thank God, but I still stayed. I still could not imagine killing him in a rage, though today I wouldn't be phased or unhappy if I heard he was dead. Thing is, I could understand it happening if someone was truly in that situation. I get that one is supposed to walk away, but life doesn't always go as planned.

Now, not knowing enough about this case, I don't know all the details. She didn't overkill him ala JA did she?

Someone give me the 411.

She shot him in the face to 'give him the nose job he always wanted' and then shot him in the head, once in the back, once under an arm and two times in the chest because he was 'still twitching'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna
Back