Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always curious when these searches are going on. I keep wondering if somebody is getting really nervous! Gosh I hope they find her.

Oh, I do too! I wonder if I were a fly on the wall, what I would see. Would they be pacing the floors? Would their family members be asking them difficult questions? Pressing them? If they had zip to do with it even, I'd think they'd be just all tore up too. I would be, if I woke up, and someone had wandered away in the night, and turned up missing. Of course, if I'd shown up at home with a drunken man, at 4 a.m., who I didn't even know, or barely knew, or even if I knew them, and was living with my parents, that would have been a big ole nope.

They did say in the live vids that hotels had offered up rooms and businesses have offered food. They have a PayPal account set up for monetary donations, specifically for transportation needs (gas, etc...).

I work for a bank in Lexington and can verify that they are indeed at a hotel. How do I know? They're staying st the hotel across from the bank I work at!

The body language of the two guys in the still posted above does not look good to me. Fearing the worst for Savannah.
I agree. Shes in stilleto very high heels. Notice shes walking in the grass dirt? Women allways walk on pavement not in grass in those shoes. Wonder if shes being held against her will in that photo

I agree. Shes in stilleto very high heels. Notice shes walking in the grass dirt? Women allways walk on pavement not in grass in those shoes. Wonder if shes being held against her will in that photo

I don't think so, if for the only other reason of the 3:00 a.m. video chat to her Mom, telling her that she'd not be home that night. Mom said she was intoxicated but SS assured her that she was fine. From the Mom's description it sounded rather boisterous in the vehicle.

With the weather as cold as it's been, the ground could have been frozen hard as concrete. It sure is up here.

I looked at that pic on my laptop today and the same thing occurred to me. I was thinking maybe she was under the influence of something by choice or not and she was relying on the black guy for a walking guide and he walked her into the grass being a guy? Idk. Would the ground have been hard as a rock or mushy? It’s so crazy she’s still gone. A lot of cases have surprised me lately so idk what to think.

I looked at that pic on my laptop today and the same thing occurred to me. I was thinking maybe she was under the influence of something by choice or not and she was relying on the black guy for a walking guide and he walked her into the grass being a guy? Idk. Would the ground have been hard as a rock or mushy? It’s so crazy she’s still gone. A lot of cases have surprised me lately so idk what to think.

It rained some on the 31st but every thing was dried up by the 4th. It wasn’t a real cold week though. It was almost 60 degrees that Tuesday, New Year’s Day and stayed in the 40s for the next few days. The week after she went missing jumped up into the 60s again for a few more days and back down to the 40s. It didn’t start getting below freezing weather until the last part of January. Our weather here is crazy so we would have 20 degree weather one day and it would jump back up into the 50s. We did get quite a bit of rain though but it was mostly in the weeks following her going missing. Our weather is the worst lol it’s always so inconsistent during the first part of winter.

Last edited:
Now that it’s been brought up several times, I just wanted to mention that it’s definitely possible to walk on any kind of surface in heels. I personally wouldn’t walk through grass b/c I like my shoes too much to mess them up.

Source: Before breaking my ankle last year (in a bad car accident — NOT while wearing heels lol), I ONLY wore heels because I’d trip & fall in flats, sandals, etc.

Not liking this for an OD. Someone who catches a DUI and then is out at a bar a week later prolly has alcohol as their substance of choice. Alcohol and the most likely substance for an OD are not a good or popular mix. Possible someone broke out something at the after-party and SS joined in? Maybe, but unlikely given her apparent preference for alcohol and that most users of harder substances would rather not share, especially with an inexperienced user already under the influence.

Not liking this for an OD. Someone who catches a DUI and then is out at a bar a week later prolly has alcohol as their substance of choice. Alcohol and the most likely substance for an OD are not a good or popular mix. Possible someone broke out something at the after-party and SS joined in? Maybe, but unlikely given her apparent preference for alcohol and that most users of harder substances would rather not share, especially with an inexperienced user already under the influence.

Respectfully, I do not see how the fact that she was at a bar a week or so after getting a DUI is any evidence that alcohol is apparently her substance of choice, or her only substance of choice. She may or may not have had drugs in her system when she was arrested for DUI. I know this is a victim-friendly site, as it should be, and I know that social media sites can be horrible places to find facts, but if you dig around, the topic of drugs comes up far too often to just assume that SS may be an "inexperienced user". I have not ruled out that she may have had an accidental overdose and was dumped somewhere by whoever she was with. JMO

Last edited:
I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure that we can infer that. In fact, I believe that the charge against Savannah would apply for driving under the influence of alcohol OR a number of other substances. (There was even a bit of discussion here about whether she could have been under the influence of pain meds from the recent birth.) I think that an after-party and any associated activities are still possibilities.
I really hope that her family gets some answers soon!

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure that we can infer that. In fact, I believe that the charge against Savannah would apply for driving under the influence of alcohol OR a number of other substances. (There was even a bit of discussion here about whether she could have been under the influence of pain meds from the recent birth.) I think that an after-party and any associated activities are still possibilities.

Good point! Does anyone know ky's DUI laws? In my state driving under the influence encompasses all substances that can affect one's ability to drive, alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, even in prescription medications. Is it the same in KY?

IIRC, SS's DUI booking included 0.08+ BAC as an aggravating factor.

.08 is the is limit for a DUI in KY. Aggravating circumstances vary, but .15 is considered aggravating. It doesn’t state whether or not she was arrested for being under the influence of alcohol or some other substance. The actual charge is cut off bc it’s so long and I think that’s why people keep thinking that she was arrested for alcohol. Because there aren’t actual details from the arrests, there’s no way to tell whether it was alcohol related or not.

A lot of the smaller counties have little blurbs in their papers and online about local arrests for that week. Her arrest was in the local paper but not the circumstances surrounding it. The following is a list of aggravating factors:

Aggravating Circumstances (KRS 189A.010 [11]) Result in higher minimum jail time:

• Over 30 mph over speed limit
  • Wrong way on limited access highway
  • Causes accident resulting in death or serious physical injury
  • Alcohol level of .15 or more within 2 hours after operating
  • Refusal to submit to testing
  • Transporting passengers under 12 years of age

JMO but the mugshot also looks like someone who had been drinking, not someone on a variety of possible other drugs or some medication. I was chatting with a friend about this case, and he offered that someone arrested for DUI at 5:27AM is likely to have been drinking for many hours beginning from the prior evening.

As for the other issues, once you have children, here 4 of them, you are no longer "free" although you may still be young. Adulthood is a series of responsible decisions otherwise known as judgments. That first DUI is a wakeup call for most people to correct their behavior to avoid bad consequences. The only people I have known to continue until they rack up multiple DUIs and go to actual prison (different state - third DUI in 3 years is elevated from misdemeanor to felony with mandatory 5 year sentence) are people who have alcoholism issues. SS was not known to have been driving while impaired the night/morning she disappeared, but her own mother says she sounded inebriated in the facetime chat. Her friend wanted to leave for reasons not explained, but SS wanted to continue to party.

The body language of the two guys in the still posted above does not look good to me. Fearing the worst for Savannah.

I'm not seeing the body language as anything to be concerned about. Savannah having her arm around his arm is telling me she knows him from before the visit to the Bar that evening. I don't know what time Savannah arrived at the bar or how long she talked to the man she's with in the picture but she looks emotionally close to him.

The guy walking by himself looks non nonchalant to me and possibly cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member