Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No prob. We can think as we like. I THINK they are in over their heads. KSP is likely calling the shots, imo, & yes, the law enforcement academy is at EKU so recruits are sent to Richmond, as are officers for annual training. There’s no other place to send them. They can’t go to KSP or Fayette county. Jmo
But why would Richmond police be doing the investigation when she did not disappear from there? She disappeared somewhere between two other counties.

I wonder, did her mom even know she was headed to LA (Lex Area) or did she think she was only going to hook up with a gf? Remember, mom said S hadn’t been going out.
Idk if mom would have allowed her to borrow the car, if she knew. Because, even tho S parked her car & rode with her friend, she still needed to drive home, had she turned to her car. It’s very confusing, imo.
I think we all can guess the outcome of this, IMO.
Coming from a state where you mandatorily lose you DL for 30 days beginning with date of arrest I surprised to see Kentucky is different if it's your first DUI. I was glad to see she wasn't driving under suspended license.

No prob. We can think as we like. I THINK they are in over their heads. KSP is likely calling the shots, imo, & yes, the law enforcement academy is at EKU so recruits are sent to Richmond, as are officers for annual training. There’s no other place to send them. They can’t go to KSP or Fayette county. Jmo

I think they are working very closely with KSP. KSP has a station in Madison too. It was a beautiful day Sat., so I encouraged my spouse to go for a drive. He grew up very near the home in question, on Fall Lick. We saw the Ky. K9 SAR out rambling around, and a dog and handler team at Cedar. No news teams around while we were out, and about, but they probably chose Boonesboro since the Cajun team was there.

They don't send them to Richmond to train. They all go to the same academy through EKU. KSP, Louisville Metro, Lex Metro, Fayette Co...they're all sent through the same training through EKU. If she were reported in a smaller county like Spencer or even Hardin, I could definitely see where their LE would be in over their heads based on manpower alone. Richmond PD is more than able to handle it. They have allowed KSP and other counties in as assistance and if they hadn't allowed them to help, then I'd be concerned.

She lives in Richmond and that's where her mother reported her missing.
So Richmond PD heads the investigation even though the events leading to the disappearance began in Lexington? I can’t imagine my county sheriff heading an investigation on me if I actually disappeared in Chicago, for instance. Guess I’d never be found, that’s for sure. They know their patch, but certainly not other patches in the state.

I wonder, did her mom even know she was headed to LA (Lex Area) or did she think she was only going to hook up with a gf? Remember, mom said S hadn’t been going out.
Idk if mom would have allowed her to borrow the car, if she knew. Because, even tho S parked her car & rode with her friend, she still needed to drive home, had she turned to her car. It’s very confusing, imo.
I think we all can guess the outcome of this, IMO.
Mom said she hadn't been out in awhile. SS & her girlfriend headed to Lexington at 10 pm. I'm sure her mom knew what she was up to.

Toney Wade on Nancy Grace today (I'm ducking because I know many here don't like Nancy, but I always learn something from her shows).

In the news recap, Savannah was in the front passenger seat with a man driving and TWO MEN in back seat. Newscaster emphasized it was 2 men in back seat (we heard from Savannah's mom earlier that it was a man and woman in the back seat).

Though Nancy asked, no one has information on why Savannah's friends left her. Her friends included one girl and one guy.

From Toney Wade: The first areas they searched were correlated with Savannah's cell phone pings. Toney said (and I'm paraphrasing): We've been clearing a lot of areas working very closely with Richmond PD, areas Richmond PD had reason to believe something might be found. Have searched a lot of farmland, wooded areas, abandoned barns, abandoned structures, some water wells, a lot of open areas that would have open access. Haven't found anything. Haven't found phone yet. Toney and his dog are still there to search and will stay for a few more days. Toney's dog is both a track and trail dog and a cadaver dog. All the other dogs and their handlers had to leave since they've already been there a week.

CCSAR are searching with the scent dogs, PD, fire department, and emergency operations center employees. Looking for anything that appears out of place. They clear one grid at a time. Toney Wade implied the police have some cell phone records that have led them to an area(s) they have searched.

They are now searching the Kentucky River. They are searching the river, not because they have any direct evidence Savannah is there, but just by process of elimination. Toney Wade said, "At this point, we know where she is NOT. We don't want to leave a stone unturned."

They confirmed Savannah was last at a Garrard County home. Toney Wade met with Savannah's family yesterday (Sunday). Savannah's mom was upset when she was on the phone with Savannah because she was worried about the situation Savannah was in. On the Facetime call, Savannah said she "would be home in a few hours." Savannah's mom reiterated that the men in the back seat were scolding Savannah's mom to "chill" on the Facetime call.

Toney said the police department hasn't shared much with him other than where they want him to search.

The show confirmed search warrants were served at two locations and two cars have been taken for forensic testing. We heard again that one of the guys Savannah was last with said Savannah left the home some time that morning although he said he doesn't know "how she left." Everyone poo-pooed this because Savannah had no money, no phone, no warmer clothing to leave with.

Nancy commented on the stills we've seen of Savannah: Toney only commented that she looked cold. He saw video of Savannah walking and didn't think she was walking in a very intoxicated manner. Nancy commented on Savannah's purse hanging open and Nancy thought Savannah looked cold but also "zoned out."

Young Mom Of Newborn Twins Vanishes After Night Out With Girlfriends, Mystery Ping & Disturbing Video Emerge Crime Stories With Nancy Grace podcast

My understanding is the Father of the twins and 2 yr old is taking care of those three and the 4 yr old is with a parent of the father of the 4 yr old. I've read who has him but can't recall right now. I think it is a parent of the Father.

Savannah lives with her Mom.

I read the Mother has a head injury, it's not confirmed.
So she didn’t have custody or is this arraignment just because she is missing?

They don't send them to Richmond to train. They all go to the same academy through EKU. KSP, Louisville Metro, Lex Metro, Fayette Co...they're all sent through the same training through EKU. If she were reported in a smaller county like Spencer or even Hardin, I could definitely see where their LE would be in over their heads based on manpower alone. Richmond PD is more than able to handle it. They have allowed KSP and other counties in as assistance and if they hadn't allowed them to help, then I'd be concerned.

Again, we can think as we like. Would I want Richmond police handling a missing person case in my family? No. No I would not. MOO
But, maybe you would & I’m cool with that.

I think they are working very closely with KSP. KSP has a station in Madison too. It was a beautiful day Sat., so I encouraged my spouse to go for a drive. He grew up very near the home in question, on Fall Lick. We saw the Ky. K9 SAR out rambling around, and a dog and handler team at Cedar. No news teams around while we were out, and about, but they probably chose Boonesboro since the Cajun team was there.
It's pretty standard that the county sheriff ends up overseeing something like this. The have more jurisdictional power and resources.

Seems like LE either shuts it down or leaves it open for the reason you gave. There is a reason Mom hasn't changed her FB settings. Hopefully a friend will go through and delete the bad stuff when the time comes.

I think the family often doesn't have the ability to get onto a family member's Facebook page. I communicated back and forth with Lauren McCluskey's mom after she was killed. Some people were posting terribly racist comments on Lauren's page and her mom had no idea how to get onto Lauren's page to delete the comments. For weeks, I kept reporting all these awful people to Facebook and asked others to do the same on Lauren's page. Facebook deleted several Facebook profiles as a result of our reporting. SM can be so brutal with so many keyboard terrorists hiding behind vacant looking profile pages.

Right, she wouldn't have any idea who they even are or if any of them have a criminal record a mile long.

I think being intoxicated impaired her judgement. They may have even spiked her drink without her knowing.

I know some believe she ODd, but I see nothing pointing to that happening and I dont think that is the police theory either. Jmo

I think far worse things have happened to her, and she's no longer living.

Imo if located the reason why she died won't been from an accidental OD.

That is why she was removed from the home hoping no one ever knows how she died, nor knowing who all was involved in killing her while hiding other possible violent acts they did against her.

Jmoo though

I think it's possible she was drugged at the bar. What if she planned, and only had one drink, and it was spiked with something? The alcohol and whatever drug could have been even more dangerous due to her recently giving birth. Some time later at the house she could have been very ill, and who knows what happened next.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Toney Wade on Nancy Grace today (I'm ducking because I know many here don't like Nancy, but I always learn something from her shows).

In the news recap, Savannah was in the front passenger seat with a man driving and TWO MEN in back seat. Newscaster emphasized it was 2 men in back seat (we heard from Savannah's mom earlier that it was a man and woman in the back seat).

Though Nancy asked, no one has information on why Savannah's friends left her. Her friends included one girl and one guy.

From Toney Wade: The first areas they searched were correlated with Savannah's cell phone pings. Toney said (and I'm paraphrasing): We've been clearing a lot of areas working very closely with Richmond PD, areas Richmond PD had reason to believe something might be found. Have searched a lot of farmland, wooded areas, abandoned barns, abandoned structures, some water wells, a lot of open areas that would have open access. Haven't found anything. Haven't found phone yet. Toney and his dog are still there to search and will stay for a few more days. Toney's dog is both a track and trail dog and a cadaver dog. All the other dogs and their handlers had to leave since they've already been there a week.

CCSAR are searching with the scent dogs, PD, fire department, and emergency operations center employees. Looking for anything that appears out of place. They clear one grid at a time. Toney Wade implied the police have some cell phone records that have led them to an area(s) they have searched.

They are now searching the Kentucky River. They are searching the river, not because they have any direct evidence Savannah is there, but just by process of elimination. Toney Wade said, "At this point, we know where she is NOT. We don't want to leave a stone unturned."

They confirmed Savannah was last at a Garrard County home. Toney Wade met with Savannah's family yesterday (Sunday). Savannah's mom was upset when she was on the phone with Savannah because she was worried about the situation Savannah was in. On the Facetime call, Savannah said she "would be home in a few hours." Savannah's mom reiterated that the men in the back seat were scolding Savannah's mom to "chill" on the Facetime call.

Toney said the police department hasn't shared much with him other than where they want him to search.

The show confirmed search warrants were served at two locations and two cars have been taken for forensic testing. We heard again that one of the guys Savannah was last with said Savannah left the home some time that morning although he said he doesn't know "how she left." Everyone poo-pooed this because Savannah had no money, no phone, no warmer clothing to leave with.

Nancy commented on the stills we've seen of Savannah: Toney only commented that she looked cold. He saw video of Savannah walking and didn't think she was walking in a very intoxicated manner. Nancy commented on Savannah's purse hanging open and Nancy thought Savannah looked cold but also "zoned out."

Young Mom Of Newborn Twins Vanishes After Night Out With Girlfriends, Mystery Ping & Disturbing Video Emerge Crime Stories With Nancy Grace podcast
Thank you for that summary. Excellent!

So Richmond PD heads the investigation even though the events leading to the disappearance began in Lexington? I can’t imagine my county sheriff heading an investigation on me if I actually disappeared in Chicago, for instance. Guess I’d never be found, that’s for sure. They know their patch, but certainly not other patches in the state.

I think that the RP are considered lead. Fayette and GC probably turned evidence over to them, and assist if needed, in addition to the KSP playing a big role. I really doubt anyone would find me if I went missing in my county. We just don't have the manpower.

I think the family often doesn't have the ability to get onto a family member's Facebook page. I communicated back and forth with Lauren McCluskey's mom after she was killed. Some people were posting terribly racist comments on Lauren's page and her mom had no idea how to get onto Lauren's page to delete the comments. For weeks, I kept reporting all these awful people to Facebook and asked others to do the same on Lauren's page. Facebook deleted several Facebook profiles as a result of our reporting. SM can be so brutal with so many keyboard terrorists hiding behind vacant looking profile pages.
That's true. I was responding to a post about SS's FB but was subconsciously thinking about Mom's. How weird is that? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder