Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Ky and it is raining.
I was so hopeful last night that today would be the day. Don't get me wrong , I hope she is alive but with this many days I feel she is no longer with us and I want her family to have closure. I can not imagine how they must feel not knowing.

Then why not call someone? She couldn't have walked back to Lexington or even to Richmond from where she was. I once did a bicycle charity ride from Richmond to Lancaster and it took all dang day-and that was going at a pretty good, solid speed. Why not call someone to come and get her? Even if she'd lost her phone (just a hypothetical) if there were others in the house than whether they were asleep or not, she probably could've found a phone.

I agree.

She sure as heck wouldn't have turned her phone off when leaving either. She would need it then more than ever.

She's going to turn her phone off when it would be the only way of communicating with anyone when she's on foot, cold, and miles away from home? No one would do that in those same set of circumstances. Their phone would be their only life line.

Imo, it's logical Savannah did not leave that home until someone carried her body out to discard it.

The phone wasn't turned off by Savannah either. Imo. Whoever did, wanted to make sure no one would be able to reach her or know her exact location.

Since she arrived at this home in the early morning hours, I think whatever they did to her, happened a few hours later after she arrived.

They could have repeatedly raped her for hours before killing her like what Holly Bobo had to endure before they finally killed her knowing they couldnt leave her alive to tell anyone what they had done to her.

They probably removed her body before daybreak, and soon after turned the phone off, and then discarded the phone, and other personal items after then, during the aftermath and clean up.

The main concern for those involved would be getting rid of her body first before anyone would be coming over to the home for a possible unexpected drop in.

Imo, The phone was turned off when it was because she wasn't killed right away, but it happened later after she had arrived.Jmo

Nothing else makes sense to me, but something very sinister happened to Savannah.

I believe LE is doing a homicide investigation with a missing body, and have suspected foul play for some time now

Jmo

Last edited:
how do I upload a photo? I'm trying to click on upload file but it's not doing anything.

I agree.

She sure as heck wouldn't have turned her phone off when leaving either. She would need it then more than ever.

She's going to turn her phone off when it would be the only way of communicating with anyone when she's on foot, cold, and miles away from home? No one would do that in those same set of circumstances. Their phone would be their only life line.

Imo, it's logical Savannah did not leave that home until someone carried her body out to discard it.

The phone wasn't turned off by Savannah either. Imo. Whoever did, wanted to make sure no one would be able to reach her or know her exact location.

Since she arrived at this home in the early morning hours, I think whatever they did to her, happened a few hours later after she arrived.

They could have repeatedly raped her for hours before killing her like what Holly Bobo had to endure before they finally killed her knowing they couldnt leave her alive to tell anyone what they had done to her.

They probably removed her body before daybreak, and soon after turned the phone off, and then discarded the phone, and other personal items after then, during the aftermath and clean up.

The main concern for those involved would be getting rid of her body first before anyone would be coming over to the home for a possible unexpected drop in.

Imo, The phone was turned off when it was because she wasn't killed right away, but it happened later after she had arrived.Jmo

Nothing else makes sense to me, but something very sinister happened to Savannah.

I believe LE is doing a homicide investigation with a missing body, and have suspected foul play for some time now

Jmo

These are the feelings I get as well. I just think it more slants towards a homicide rather than a wandering out in the elements/accidental death situation. Just the feeling I get and maybe I will be totally proven wrong. But just on the plausibility scale, atleast for me a homicide make more logical sense....MOO

I agree.

Jmo

I agree with most of this. Another possible explanation of the time the phone was turned off could be that they turned it off after her mom tried calling her that morning. If she called at 8am & it went straight to voicemail, they could have declined the call, making the phone appear to be turned off. Then, shortly after, they turned it off for good. That could explain why SS Mom said it was off when she called at 8am. JMO.

I agree.

Jmo
Is there a link saying her phone was turned off verses it died/turned off?

Boy am I confused. I thought you could discuss these three guys because they haven't been named as a suspect. So really they are just friends or acquaintances. I read the rules again, the rules are listed in a sub forum on the message board. You can't discuss people involved that have not been named a suspect that includes friends and acquaintances.

When you're new it's difficult to keep the rules straight. Thanks for the reminder.

I thought you can't put their actual names out until they are POIs or declared suspects by LE.

I didnt see any specific names posted, but I just skimmed the post because I never read anything concerning what is being said on any FB groups or on any other social media sites anyway.

Imo

Is there a link saying her phone was turned off verses it died/turned off?

From what I have read it was turned off a little after 8 ish.

It was in an article I believe from a couple of weeks ago or it may have been longer.

Whatever is the case it conveniently stopped working the very day/morning she went missing, and still isn't working that I am aware of.

Imo

Last edited:
Since there were 2 vehicles mentioned I'm gonna assume they both made it to the home in GC. Good chance that the second vehicle left the home with one or two occupants before phone went silent. They would have spent 5 hours @ the home by then. jmo

I agree with most of this. Another possible explanation of the time the phone was turned off could be that they turned it off after her mom tried calling her that morning. If she called at 8am & it went straight to voicemail, they could have declined the call, making the phone appear to be turned off. Then, shortly after, they turned it off for good. That could explain why SS Mom said it was off when she called at 8am. JMO.

If she couldn't charge it overnight, it might have just run down completely when she tried to make a call. I've had that happen more than once, usually when I really really needed it.

Yes, it can happen. I hadn't heard of that one but I know there is another case where a young women left her car on the side of the road and then disappeared and I don't think they ever found her. A neighbor stopped to ask if she needed help and she declined, but he called 911 anyway. When they got there she was gone. I forget her name but I don't think they ever found out what happened to her.
I hope this isn't what happens in this case.
But I'm thinking they have an idea of what happened. They must have some evidence, or maybe a tip, that led to this search.
If someone confessed, does anybody know if they would withhold that information until a body is found?
I know in the Mollie Tibetts case her body was recovered first and then it was announced.
But if someone confessed, I would think they would have found her in the first place they looked.

I know someone else may have answered this, as I’m just getting started catching up. You’re thinking of Maura Murray, I think.

And here is a map I made to match up with the video FWIW
Lt. Col. Rodney Richardson, assistant chief of police with the Richmond Police Department, told Fox News that Spurlock’s last known location was at a home in Garrard County

Is the home location where SS was last tracked visible on the map? How far is the home from the church and pond? TIA

Ah, that is an excellent point, Southern Girl.

Whatever made it stop at that very time it would be a very strange coincidence since Savannah never used it ever again after then, and went missing that very same morning never to be seen alive again.

Since I don't believe in coincidences in these kind of cases it makes me firmly believe that it purposefully done and not by Savannah.

Imo

Also I just want to mention, I know we can't get into it and I'm just talking vague circumstances. But I have seen in other cases when somebody has left a bar with people that wern't exactly choir boys, bad things can and have happened. I suspect that we will eventually find out more about the Random aquatiances in this case through MSM. Until then I'll just sit on my hands and wait.....moo

ETA: And I am in no way trying to insinuate that SS is in any way responsible for what happen to her so let me nip that right here! She is nothing but and innocent victim IMO!

Here’s one of many articles saying something different.

Police say that Spurlock’s phone went out of service around 8:30 a.m. on the morning she disappeared.

Police Release Photos Of Savannah Spurlock’s Phone, Purse

ETA: This was supposed to be part of post #525
Thanks. There is so much careless reporting that its hard to know what to believe. Most reports said the phone "quit" between 8 & 8:30 though I saw one that said 8:45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T