Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do get the feeling that she looked down on being a mother with several children and how would forever change a lifestyle she enjoyed. I think she wanted out but I really don't think this is the type of situation she would have left in. She may very well have been looking for a temporary escape with drugs and I don't know anything about her or what she would do but there is some dangerous heroin going around mixed with fentnyl in it that has killed and there is quite a bit of marijuana laced with formaldehyde that is messing up brains so bad they cannot function normally any more. Also you're in the moonshine capitol in Kentucky and every other farmer probably has a jar. If they didn't know how to take off the methanol in the early runs something like that ends up killing people sometimes in groups. I've seen where as many as up to 50 people dying in India due to methanol in their home brew. I'm with the jULIA_BEE on that where I hope she ran off and is found safe but I don't think that is likely. We have only 2 good found safe scenarios, 1. Ran away 2. Held hostage

IMO, You're assuming a victim is a drug addict based on absolutely nothing. There is a problem in this country with fentanyl being used in place of heroin or being cut with heroin, but what are we basing her potentially using heroin on? That's quite a leap, and it's not a drug someone just go out and does on a whim. Do you have any links concerning this epidemic of quite a bit of marijuana laced with formaldehyde? I find it extremely hard to believe that there are large numbers of formaldehyde laced weed sweeping the nation - let alone any one specific community.

It could be as simple as what her friend said -- that she had just gone through a pregnancy and was taking a night out to have some fun.

Was there any other news on the burned bluejeans that LE had found in a burn pile? Wondering if LE might have thought those blue jeans might belong to someone connected to her case.

Exactly.
LE says they’ve “confirmed” SS was at the house. But is that because the guys said so? Are they trustworthy?
Is it because her phone pinged there? That doesn’t mean she accompanied her phone. MOO
And if she was taken to the home, we don’t know if she arrived alive or dead. I’m constantly replaying these scenarios in my mind.
Where is the scene of the crime?
LE searches the home but we have no arrests. The car has been searched but we have no arrests. Even without a body, if the car and or home was the obvious crime scene wouldn’t someone be in jail? I’m looping myself back to my original thought that maybe she walked out of that house. I apologize, I’m all over the place.

I think it is safe to say, with minimal information being released from LE...that if they say they can "confirm" she was there...it is due to facts vs. the information given to them from potential suspects/POI's. And no, at this point, I do not think anyone would consider these men to be trustworthy at this time.
They haven't mentioned ANYTHING about whether she arrived dead or alive. All they have said is that they KNOW she was there. Again, I think it is safe to say that is all they are able to say at this time...for whatever reason(s). They have also made it a point to say that they do not have any evidence of her leaving.
I think there are some conclusions we can come to based on that...MOO

Per the article
One of the men with whom Spurlock was last seen told police she left the home “later that morning,” but did not specify how she left. Police said they have been unable to confirm his account. Spurlock’s phone, which has not been located, was turned off about 8:30 a.m. that morning.

Makes me wonder why only one of them told police this? Also that they can’t confirm his account. Is it possible that the others had left earlier leaving SS with only one of them? I mean wouldn’t they instead say the three men said SS left later that morning? Seems like to me that they are almost hinting that they aren’t buying that SS just up and left?
I believe the information SS left came from the homeowner. I also believe if/when the other men left that home, SS was still there (i.e., no public confirmation the other 2 men were at the house or when they left).

I do get the feeling that she looked down on being a mother with several children and how would forever change a lifestyle she enjoyed. I think she wanted out but I really don't think this is the type of situation she would have left in. She may very well have been looking for a temporary escape with drugs and I don't know anything about her or what she would do but there is some dangerous heroin going around mixed with fentnyl in it that has killed and there is quite a bit of marijuana laced with formaldehyde that is messing up brains so bad they cannot function normally any more. Also you're in the moonshine capitol in Kentucky and every other farmer probably has a jar. If they didn't know how to take off the methanol in the early runs something like that ends up killing people sometimes in groups. I've seen where as many as up to 50 people dying in India due to methanol in their home brew. I'm with the jULIA_BEE on that where I hope she ran off and is found safe but I don't think that is likely. We have only 2 good found safe scenarios, 1. Ran away 2. Held hostage

You're making an awful lot of assumptions here, some based on things that I've never heard of.

For starters, Garrard County is not the "moonshine capital of Kentucky." You'd have to go much further east and about 60 years back in time for that. The idea that "every other farmer" has ajar socked away is based on Hollywood stereotypes that date back to the Hatfield and McCoy feud (which was in West Virginia, not Kentucky). I live on a farm, my neighbors are farmers, and my family goes back as farmers for 5 generations in eastern KY. Despite popular belief, we don't all sit around our coal stoves at night, talking about our stills and taking fake engines out of our cars to do a midnight run. I've had moonshine exactly one time in my life and I wouldn't know where to buy it. Quite unfortunately, it's become a lost art-something that's dying with the older generation. It's a pity. It's becoming SO much of a lost art, in fact, that down in Tennessee people are getting grants to make moonshine before the skill is lost completely. Even when moonshining WAS popular around here, it's not like everyone did it. Even then, only a few people had the skill-that's why they were respected and feared. It wasn't a community project.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but we here in KY mostly just buy our alcohol at the Liquor Barn or, in a pinch, Wal-Mart.

Richmond, where Savannah is from, isn't even a farming community anymore. It has a major university right in the middle of downtown and every other week a new subdivision with McMansions that all look just alike pop up over what were once hills and fields. Not too many farms left and the rest of Central Kentucky is looking the same. You'd have to actually try and look hard for someone who still farmed. Even the people who live on farmland no longer really farm the way they used to. They work university jobs, at Amazon in Lexington, at the Bluegrass Army Depot, etc. Finding an actual "farmer"around here is difficult. It's sad.

Yes, there IS a problem with heroin laced with Fentanyl. Heroin is a big problem facing our communities. Thanks to so many restrictions put on pain pills, heroin is simpler easier and cheaper to get. But that's a problem all over, not just in Kentucky. We have no idea if Savannah has ever been on any illegal substances.

Formaldehyde-laced marijuana is a new one to me. Not anything I've heard about around here. In fact, KY is in line to pass a marijuana bill and soon it may at least be legal for medicinal purposes, if not recreational. We here tend to take marijuana very seriously and have been lobbying for it for a long time. It's not a substance we tend to mess with because we WANT it legalized.

I think it's possible that drugs *may* have played a part here. What part and what drugs I have no real opinion on. I think it's possible, too, that they had nothing to do with this whatsoever.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You're making an awful lot of assumptions here, some based on things that I've never heard of.

Formaldehyde-laced marijuana is a new one to me. Not anything I've heard about around here. In fact, KY is in line to pass a marijuana bill and soon it may at least be legal for medicinal purposes, if not recreational. We here tend to take marijuana very seriously and have been lobbying for it for a long time. It's not a substance we tend to mess with because we WANT it legalized.

I think it's possible that drugs *may* have played a part here. What part and what drugs I have no real opinion on. I think it's possible, too, that they had nothing to do with this whatsoever.

Nothing new about the laced marijuana. Many times referred to as dippers, boat and love boat. Not a geographical thing...been around forever, everywhere.

Nothing new about the laced marijuana. Many times referred to as dippers, boat and love boat. Not a geographical thing...been around forever, everywhere.

It's new to me as in I haven't heard about any formaldehyde-laced marijuana deaths from it in this county or the next one over.It may be common but it's nowhere near the top 10 causes of death here so not the first thing my mind goes to.

BBM
Very dangerous drugs mixed with synthetic drugs around the area. I guess it's why it's a theory of mine. All it takes is a few grains of fent to get mixed in and your a goner. She could've just been partying and someone offered her a line of something that had it in it. There's casual drug use at a lot of places, but they are not necessarily addicts. All it takes is one messed up buy and you're brain is gone, or you're deceased.

As for the moonshine, most folks have that down pat now. I keep a jar around, it's common for folks to have a lil still in their basement. I don't see as many young people into buying moonshine from bootleggers though, they just get it of the shelf now, if they want it. I prefer home stilled but I'm of a dif era.

One person commented she saw an article saying the last ping was near a back porch. I asked and she didn't remember which article/report it was in. Maybe someone remembers it. I want to know if that is true and if it was the back porch of the home the car was towed from. There was a tarped swimming pool in the Google Earth image. I hope they looked in there.

From what I heard, they tore the parent's home apart during the search. Typical, but yes, they did a typical LE search. If I was bettin' I'd bet on them looking under a pool cover.

It's new to me as in I haven't heard about any formaldehyde-laced marijuana deaths from it in this county or the next one over.It may be common but it's nowhere near the top 10 causes of death here so not the first thing my mind goes to.
Haven't heard that combo talked about since maybe 2007?

I'm with you.
Formaldeyde is a gas but can be bought in water solution (40%, embalming fluid).Solid formaldehyde (the trimer) is called trioxane. LOL...the most it can do if it really is in weed is maybe "pickle" or sensitize your lung proteins. Any laced weed that I've come across probably had PCP in it....

Also.....I wonder where the real "synthetic" labs are at........

Last edited:
From what I heard, they tore the parent's home apart during the search. Typical, but yes, they did a typical LE search. If I was bettin' I'd bet on them looking under a pool cover.
That's interesting.....wonder if the parents were home at 3**8 Fall Lick when Savannah made her little visit?.............(if she did)......

I'm with you.
Formaldeyde is a gas but can be bought in water solution (40%, embalming fluid).Solid formaldehyde (the trimer) is called trioxane. LOL...the most it can do if it really is in weed is maybe "pickle" or sensitize your lung proteins. Any laced weed that I've come across probably had PCP in it....

It's called smoking "wet" and yes, PCP is what is usually used, however, the slang for PCP is "embalming fluid". There are some folks who do not understand the slang and actually mix the embalming fluid with the weed. I truly doubt this was the case here b/c I doubt it would kill her, but you never know.

Embalming Fluid and Laced Weed – Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR

Man steals brain to get high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members