Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, maybe not: There have certainly been plenty of cases where individuals have kept a secret for years. although I think the majority of the time in those situations it was bc LE never even suspected them. In this case I think it would have been very difficult for all three individuals to face a seasoned investigator and keep their stories straight. Of course its also possible that they didn't in fact have their stories straight, but LE doesn't have enough circumstantial evidence to charge them. I think we have to keep in mind that SS has not been located. On top of that there may not be any physical evidence that has been found tying them to a crime. Just Bc LE may know they are lying doesn't necessarily mean they can prove it...MOO

I agree, I don’t think these men were able to sell their “she left on foot” story to LE, which is why I feel they are so adamant on searching their vehicles and their houses. Time will tell.

OK Summary. I have accepted the facts that: (1) the police have no clue of where to search-they have had no success; (2) any deliberate search/discovery of her body will be based on educated 'hunches" which maybe cued on the daily habits of the three males-----what they do/where they go during the course of a day; what areas do they frequent....(3) her body will be discovered accidentally.....maybe months or years from now....

I agree, I think LE is getting desperate to find her body. Hopefully they’ll feel compelled to release some more details soon to try and generate more tips. From following past cases around the state, LE has continued to actively investigate most of those until they were confident enough to publicly announce a presumption of death and the individual(s)who may have been involved or were last to know to be with the victim. It’s still kind of early for LE to give those kind of answers though, especially since forensics probably haven’t come back on whatever was sent to the lab.

I agree, I think LE is getting desperate to find her body. Hopefully they’ll feel compelled to release some more details soon to try and generate more tips. From following past cases around the state, LE has continued to actively investigate most of those until they were confident enough to publicly announce a presumption of death and the individual(s)who may have been involved or were last to know to be with the victim. It’s still kind of early for LE to give those kind of answers though, especially since forensics probably haven’t come back on whatever was sent to the lab.
LE is slow, persistent, and tedious and will most likely solve this but when there is the possibility of SS being alive they have to be more fast tracked but are still limited by getting enough evidence to get warrants for certain things. Not advocating anyone do anything illegal but the regular person could search on their own, risking being charged with tresspassing or a number of other things (and being shot) and then give that to police to execute a warrant based on that direct evidence. Heck, it probably doesn't have to even be true. I hope one of the people that knows something will just give up the info to the police.

We've had so much rain over the last few days that schools in some counties have been called off for the rest of the week due to flooding. I live on a ridge and usually can't even see the creek down below because it's so far away and blocked by trees. Looking out my window, it looks like the mighty Mississippi down there. Lake Cumberland is the highest it's been in a very long time. It made national news. I'm wondering if this affect any "burial" that might exist. If she was put in a body of water then something may get stuck on a bank once the water recedes. All this rain, too, can have a way of uncovering things.

Honestly I feel like it could have been as easy as them telling her there was a party in Garrard or close to and kept begging her till she finally said yes, as someone mentioned before, when you’re under the influence sometimes you make decisions you normally wouldn’t make. If they pull up at an empty house they could have said something like “oh bob needs to grab a phone charger and change his clothes, come inside with me while we wait so we’re not in the cold” one of them could have tried to make a move on her and she wasn’t having it and it could have turned into a physical altercation, with liquor in the system I’ve seen a lot of people who do not usually have tempers, get very angry over little things. It could have been a small shove back at her and she hit her head perfectly and there you go, three men with a girl who isn’t breathing, still drunk, you’re probably all thinking you’re going to jail for it and panic sinks in and they all hide the body together. Just a scenario that popped into my head, What are the odds that all three men have bad intentions and are killers.. I feel it’s slim. The only thing I cannot figure out is how no one has broke to the cops yet. I’m not a killer but if I hid a body while I was drunk out of my mind and felt I had to, there’s no way I could straight face the police. I would be a cracked egg in a matter of minutes.
Interesting Scenario....and realistic.....Just like your last one

As a drug, scopolamine has an interesting history.
It is a natural product isolated from a plant called the "nightshade".
Word has it that the Germans used it during WW-II as a "truth serum" for spy interrogation.
Many old-school anesthesiologists used it as a pre-op drug that will help you to forget whatever surgical procedure you went through. One of my anesthesiologist pals told me that he could knock a 300 lb football player on his a$$ using a "three-way" mixture of scope (1-2 mg), demerol and pentothal (barbiturate).

We've had so much rain over the last few days that schools in some counties have been called off for the rest of the week due to flooding. I live on a ridge and usually can't even see the creek down below because it's so far away and blocked by trees. Looking out my window, it looks like the mighty Mississippi down there. Lake Cumberland is the highest it's been in a very long time. It made national news. I'm wondering if this affect any "burial" that might exist. If she was put in a body of water then something may get stuck on a bank once the water recedes. All this rain, too, can have a way of uncovering things.

Yes, I pray something washes up. Her babies are going to need an answer someday.

Does anyone know if police would have been allowed to confinscate each one of those men’s phones? Or computers?

Reading your post made me think of Crystal Rogers. You and I followed that case pretty closely and still do. Not only was she missing and presumed dead but her dad was killed and also another police officer was ambushed and killed. But we still hear nothing from LE regarding that case. So sometimes nothing at all comes out and but for Crystal's parents and brother nothing would be going on there. Her widowed mother is trying to keep hope alive but honestly I donno about that one.
I'm hoping they learned from Crystal and will release more info hoping for a tip on Savannah.

Does anyone know if police would have been allowed to confinscate each one of those men’s phones? Or computers?
Basically, No. But, if the three males were "smart criminals" they would not have used their cell phones for anything during that nights/mornings episode. There was a gang rape in Nashville around 5-6 years ago, where the males actually recorded what they were doing.....

Basically, No. But, if the three males were "smart criminals" they would not have used their cell phones for anything during that nights/mornings episode. There was a gang rape in Nashville around 5-6 years ago, where the males actually recorded what they were doing.....
Emphasis mine

Agreed.
And, (re. the bolded bit) what an oxymoron....
So sad there's nothing new. I don't want to see this case grow cold.

Random but do we know where they worked (even if we can't say here)? I'm thinking maybe they told her they'd be heading back to work in the morning and would drop her off then perhaps. This probably doesn't help at all. I just wish she would be found, this is so sad for her family.

Random but do we know where they worked (even if we can't say here)? I'm thinking maybe they told her they'd be heading back to work in the morning and would drop her off then perhaps. This probably doesn't help at all. I just wish she would be found, this is so sad for her family.
It has not been reported in msm that they worked. The only mention of work came from her friend that said she thinks the men worked together & went to the bar looking for girls. IMHO speculation on her part.

Reading your post made me think of Crystal Rogers. You and I followed that case pretty closely and still do. Not only was she missing and presumed dead but her dad was killed and also another police officer was ambushed and killed. But we still hear nothing from LE regarding that case. So sometimes nothing at all comes out and but for Crystal's parents and brother nothing would be going on there. Her widowed mother is trying to keep hope alive but honestly I donno about that one.
I'm hoping they learned from Crystal and will release more info hoping for a tip on Savannah.

That ones frustrating bc I know it would be closed if they were able to find her body or if someone would talk. If something similar happens with SS’s case and it goes silent- her family is going to have to do the same thing as CR’s as keep her name in the media. Otherwise, LE won’t feel compelled to say anything. CR’s family did a really good job organizing searches and that’s another thing that would be a good idea for SS’s family and friends to do. Idk if they have the same resources as the Ballard’s. If something ever happened to me- I hope I have someone like Tommy Ballard to advocate for me. He worked nonstop on his daughter’s disappearance and I’m pretty sure he paid for it with his life.

It’s very disheartening to see that Savannah is still missing. Lots of women have made a similar decision in leaving with people they didn’t know well. Lots had nothing bad happen, except maybe some morning regrets. I hate that Savannah appears to be a victim of that decision. I truly wish she WOULD be hiding out somewhere else, but I don’t think so. I pray they find her soon. All JMO.

Probably not unfortunately. I apologize if this repeats something I said earlier, but it is very difficult to get a warrant for someone's phone/phone records. I think laws are getting better, but as with a lot of technology, laws aren't always up to speed. And phone companies are reluctant to comply - even with warrants, because it is still viewed by many as such an invasion of privacy. Records might be easier than the phone itself. They would have to have some real evidence to get access. Although, who knows what LE knows...maybe they have enough for a warrant for the person whose car they confiscated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234