Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they have another location they wanted CCSAR to search? Or did they want them to go back to previously searched areas?

LE and family did not initiate the potential return. It was a local searcher who has spent many hours searching who had initially reached back out to CCSAR.

I didn’t realize that criminals did that either. It seems a very risky thing to do, to create more crime scenes. I don’t know if that has happened in Savannah’s case. We don’t have official confirmation at this point if she is alive or deceased. Though the outlook looks grim, we are trying to stay hopeful until told otherwise officially. It sounds like local police were able to intervene with the hecklers and took care of them.

In terms of the one man, do you have a media reference to his name or address being officially reported? I know that Inside Edition showed the front of one of the homes searched (the publicized home belonging to those related to one of the men). As far I know, any official name or address release was made on social media by sleuths able to find it quickly based on their own searching. One reason I started hiding comments on the missing page was that people started posted that information in the comments and putting names out there. Inside Edition reported that she was last seen at that house they showed, but I reached out to them that police have not confirmed publicly which house she was at. When media caught wind of the searching of the house, they reported another house had been searched too but police asked them not to reveal where it was. The other search of a home more recently reported about a month ago, I don’t believe police released that address either. They confirmed they did a search of a home in Garrard County. Police haven’t even told us the names. I know one purely based on messages I’ve received on the missing page. Police could get sued for revealing names if not officially listed as suspect or POI.

The thing w Cajun team was unfortunate and disappointing all around. We are grateful for all they’ve done for Savannah.

In terms of the FBI, I only know they are helping on the case. I do not know the specifics.

Now I'm going to have to go back and look through media reports. I remember getting the address of the home on FL Rd. from the mailbox pictured in the media reporting. I'll have to check to see if media gave the street name, I think they did but I need to check to be positive. I took the name of the owner of the home and looked for relatives, checked arrest records, compared mugshot with picture of man shown walking close to Savannah and man she was arm in arm with. That's how I got the name. Here's the Fall Lick Rd name given out by this media outlet and I know many more.Police search Garrard County home for missing Richmond mother Like I said, I got the house number from a picture of the mailbox with the house number showing on the mailbox.

Here's the street name being given out by media on this last search of the home on Price Ct. Richmond Police search Garrard Co. home in Savannah Spurlock investigation They did not give out the house number, you are correct, the homes house number was given out in FB groups but the same man lived there as was found out by media info given out because of the search on Fall Lick Rd. Guess we'll see if that family wants to pursue anything through the courts against the media or the Police for their name and address getting out to the public.

I too know the Police have not confirmed which house she was at, it makes sense the Price Ct home but Police have not confirmed that.

You say Police have not given you the names so when Shaq and I believe Ellen, also others, confirmed they knew the names of the men and they were co-workers but not from Ky, it wasn't the Police who gave out the identities?

Yes the Cajun team ordeal was very disappointing and I have to say my disappointment is mostly with the way they handled it. A lot of disappointment to go around though. I'm sorry it happened.

I looked up the FBI and got as much info as I could about how they operate, I understand them not telling you just what's going on, all of these Law Enforcement agencies have to be very tight lipped and not even share with family. I was hoping you could tell me what they were investigating but doubted you could.

Again, thank you so much for clarifying my questions, it's helping me to understand in a better way.

I realize Savannah may be alive and as I go over all we know plus things said in social media posts, I come back to knowing this and want this to be the case. You're doing a fantastic job with Savannah's case Lisa, not an easy task to be the spokesperson for Savannah and the family. You still have many following this and doing everything in their power to help with finding Savannah and keeping her name out there. Stay strong and much love sent your way and to the family, friends and loved ones of Savannah. Of course love and prayers sent to Savannah herself.

I didn’t realize that criminals did that either. It seems a very risky thing to do, to create more crime scenes. I don’t know if that has happened in Savannah’s case. We don’t have official confirmation at this point if she is alive or deceased. Though the outlook looks grim, we are trying to stay hopeful until told otherwise officially. It sounds like local police were able to intervene with the hecklers and took care of them.

In terms of the one man, do you have a media reference to his name or address being officially reported? I know that Inside Edition showed the front of one of the homes searched (the publicized home belonging to those related to one of the men). As far I know, any official name or address release was made on social media by sleuths able to find it quickly based on their own searching. One reason I started hiding comments on the missing page was that people started posted that information in the comments and putting names out there. Inside Edition reported that she was last seen at that house they showed, but I reached out to them that police have not confirmed publicly which house she was at. When media caught wind of the searching of the house, they reported another house had been searched too but police asked them not to reveal where it was. The other search of a home more recently reported about a month ago, I don’t believe police released that address either. They confirmed they did a search of a home in Garrard County. Police haven’t even told us the names. I know one purely based on messages I’ve received on the missing page. Police could get sued for revealing names if not officially listed as suspect or POI.

The thing w Cajun team was unfortunate and disappointing all around. We are grateful for all they’ve done for Savannah.

In terms of the FBI, I only know they are helping on the case. I do not know the specifics.

Also forgot to mention using the term, Person of Interest. You stated, Police haven't officially named these three men Persons of Interest or Suspects. Naming someone a Person of Interest isn't a legal term. Because Police did question the three men and they were the last to be seen with Savannah that makes them Persons of Interest. Suspect is a legal term and Police are careful about using that term but basically Suspect and Person of Interest is the same thing. You've stated the three men have not been cleared in statements you've made on your fB pg. These three men are Person's of Interest but if you know of no evidence of a crime than I think labeling them suspects would be the wrong thing to do. I'm not certain when Police do officially name a person a Suspect, maybe not until an arrest is made.

Last edited:
A group of people was following the search team, switching cars, shouting and threatening the team. That’s really all the specifics I know. Professionals and police seemed to indicate future searches would not be open to the public/would not be publicized.
Were these people supporters of the men she was last seen with? I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around such deplorable behavior. Just awful. (But then I remember how some of Crystal Rogers’ family was harassed and her signs torn down.) In any case, I’m so very sorry this happened, whoever these people were.

Were these people supporters of the men she was last seen with? I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around such deplorable behavior. Just awful. (But then I remember how some of Crystal Rogers’ family was harassed and her signs torn down.) In any case, I’m so very sorry this happened, whoever these people were.

I have no idea who they were.

Now I'm going to have to go back and look through media reports. I remember getting the address of the home on FL Rd. from the mailbox pictured in the media reporting. I'll have to check to see if media gave the street name, I think they did but I need to check to be positive. I took the name of the owner of the home and looked for relatives, checked arrest records, compared mugshot with picture of man shown walking close to Savannah and man she was arm in arm with. That's how I got the name. Here's the Fall Lick Rd name given out by this media outlet and I know many more.Police search Garrard County home for missing Richmond mother Like I said, I got the house number from a picture of the mailbox with the house number showing on the mailbox.

Here's the street name being given out by media on this last search of the home on Price Ct. Richmond Police search Garrard Co. home in Savannah Spurlock investigation They did not give out the house number, you are correct, the homes house number was given out in FB groups but the same man lived there as was found out by media info given out because of the search on Fall Lick Rd. Guess we'll see if that family wants to pursue anything through the courts against the media or the Police for their name and address getting out to the public.

I too know the Police have not confirmed which house she was at, it makes sense the Price Ct home but Police have not confirmed that.

You say Police have not given you the names so when Shaq and I believe Ellen, also others, confirmed they knew the names of the men and they were co-workers but not from Ky, it wasn't the Police who gave out the identities?

Yes the Cajun team ordeal was very disappointing and I have to say my disappointment is mostly with the way they handled it. A lot of disappointment to go around though. I'm sorry it happened.

I looked up the FBI and got as much info as I could about how they operate, I understand them not telling you just what's going on, all of these Law Enforcement agencies have to be very tight lipped and not even share with family. I was hoping you could tell me what they were investigating but doubted you could.

Again, thank you so much for clarifying my questions, it's helping me to understand in a better way.

I realize Savannah may be alive and as I go over all we know plus things said in social media posts, I come back to knowing this and want this to be the case. You're doing a fantastic job with Savannah's case Lisa, not an easy task to be the spokesperson for Savannah and the family. You still have many following this and doing everything in their power to help with finding Savannah and keeping her name out there. Stay strong and much love sent your way and to the family, friends and loved ones of Savannah. Of course love and prayers sent to Savannah herself.

Thank you for the encouragement. It is definitely not something I ever thought I’d be doing.

Thank you for the info and all you’re doing for Savannah and her family.

Of course. I am thankful to be equipped to take the burden off her parents so they can be where they need to be emotionally. I am glad for the Missing Page to get the brunt of the communication so they do not see the theories and etc. I am thankful that detectives can talk me off the ledge when crazy speculation comes in and clarify those things. Thankful for the expertise of LostNMissing and other Missing Persons groups I can message when I need advice. And God. For me, without Him, this would be too scary. Too hard to manage.

Also forgot to mention using the term, Person of Interest. You stated, Police haven't officially named these three men Persons of Interest or Suspects. Naming someone a Person of Interest isn't a legal term. Because Police did question the three men and they were the last to be seen with Savannah that makes them Persons of Interest. Suspect is a legal term and Police are careful about using that term but basically Suspect and Person of Interest is the same thing. You've stated the three men have not been cleared in statements you've made on your fB pg. These three men are Person's of Interest but if you know of no evidence of a crime than I think labeling them suspects would be the wrong thing to do. I'm not certain when Police do officially name a person a Suspect, maybe not until an arrest is made.

Person of Interest (POI) is something that we WS'ers are keen to as according to TOS, we can finally sleuth them.

However, I've noticed more and more that LE is shying away from using this term -- stating that it's against policy until person is charged. IMO, social media has a lot to do with this new policy.

Nonetheless, I agree that the 3 men last seen with SP, and who allege she left their home on foot early the following morning, are "persons of interest" --based on common sense definition, if not that defined by LE. MOO

Of course. I am thankful to be equipped to take the burden off her parents so they can be where they need to be emotionally. I am glad for the Missing Page to get the brunt of the communication so they do not see the theories and etc. I am thankful that detectives can talk me off the ledge when crazy speculation comes in and clarify those things. Thankful for the expertise of LostNMissing and other Missing Persons groups I can message when I need advice. And God. For me, without Him, this would be too scary. Too hard to manage.
Continued prayers for you and your family.

Person of Interest (POI) is something that we WS'ers are keen to as according to TOS, we can finally sleuth them.

However, I've noticed more and more that LE is shying away from using this term -- stating that it's against policy until person is charged. IMO, social media has a lot to do with this new policy.

Nonetheless, I agree that the 3 men last seen with SP, and who allege she left their home on foot early the following morning, are "persons of interest" --based on common sense definition, if not that defined by LE. MOO

I was wondering if the word suspect was used only after a person is charged with a crime? I didn't realize, person of interest, is now only used after a person is charged with a crime. My understanding is POI is used instead of using the label suspect. By doing this it keeps people from thinking a person is guilty of a crime before the case goes to trial. Public opinion can sway a jury and Attorneys have used what's said in social media about a POI or suspect as a way to stop a trial from taking place. Also innocent people have their reputations harmed by being accused before a trial occurs and Law Enforcement is trying to stop this from happening so are careful about labeling those involved in criminal cases. Is the label suspect only used after an arrest is made? Also if the Police find evidence of foul play is this always announced to the public when they know foul play occured? Could the Police decide not to announce they found evidence of foul play and keep the public and family from knowing because of the way they're handling the case?

I was wondering if the word suspect was used only after a person is charged with a crime? I didn't realize, person of interest, is now only used after a person is charged with a crime. My understanding is POI is used instead of using the label suspect. By doing this it keeps people from thinking a person is guilty of a crime before the case goes to trial. Public opinion can sway a jury and Attorneys have used what's said in social media about a POI or suspect as a way to stop a trial from taking place. Also innocent people have their reputations harmed by being accused before a trial occurs and Law Enforcement is trying to stop this from happening so are careful about labeling those involved in criminal cases. Is the label suspect only used after an arrest is made? Also if the Police find evidence of foul play is this always announced to the public when they know foul play occured? Could the Police decide not to announce they found evidence of foul play and keep the public and family from knowing because of the way they're handling the case?

Want to simplify what I said in above quote about the usage of the label, Person of Interest and Suspect by Law Enforcement.

I think Law Enforcement is fine with the usage of Person of Interest and use this term instead of the word Suspect. They do this because of the reasons I mentioned in above quote and post.

Last edited:
Want to simplify what I said in above quote about the usage of the label, Person of Interest and Suspect by Law Enforcement.

I think Law Enforcement is fine with the usage of Person of Interest and use this term instead of the word Suspect. They do this because of the reasons I mentioned in above quote and post.

Naming someone a suspect by LE changed afterwards to POI came about when Richard Jewell who was a security guard in the Atlanta bombing park case was named the suspect.

Richard actually was a hero who had found a bomb in the park belonging to the real suspect. Eric Rudolph. Richard was treated so unfairly by LE, and the public at large. Richard saved lives, and never had harmed a soul.

Iirc Lin Wood sued the police department including the FBI, and was successful with a large payout for Richard Jewell who even deserved much more. Imo

He had been constantly harrassed, threatened of death by those in the public. It was horrible what Richard, and his elderly mother had to endure.

Once that grave injustice was done since then LE refers to people as POI only until they know who the actual suspect is.

Once they have the evidence they can, and do call someone a suspect even before an arrest is made. However they usually wait until the arrest has been made, but not always.

It changed from labeling anyone a suspect to POI because to prematurely label anyone who may be absolutely innocent like in RJs case is very dangerous, and flatout the wrong thing to do. It causes grave damage to the falsely accused.

It leaves LE wide open to be civilly sued when they weren't the suspect at all, and were totally innocent, and actually became victims themselves due to the false accusations made against them.

Imoo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members