Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did and spent a good amount of time there

I am leaning towards the likelihood that she was in a sealed container and buried beneath the floor boards of the shed

I think they simply missed her

JMO

Could the defence possibly use this at trial the fact SAR searched and missed Savannah?

I've been thinking the same thing... maybe he just didn't know who to turn to and wanted to "cover bases" but at the same time, it seems suspicious imo.

Backing up a little bit here, why call an attorney for a foul smell? Thoughts on if he knows something?
We had a strange odor outside years ago that eventually came into our house and we called our police non-emergency number. They sent the fire department with their equipment to check for gas leaks, etc.

Backing up a little bit here, why call an attorney for a foul smell? Thoughts on if he knows something?
We had a strange odor outside years ago that eventually came into our house and we called our police non-emergency number. They sent the fire department with their equipment to check for gas leaks, etc.
I find that call very unusual. But the police had searched the property prior IIRC and so he probably consulted an attorney at that time IMO - if he was familiar with that "smell" the call to the attorney makes sense. The attorney would advise him in his dealings with LE from that point forward. Especially if there were concerns about his son's involvement - JMO

Could the defence possibly use this at trial the fact SAR searched and missed Savannah?

Personally I think there will be too much other evidence that will confirm investigators eventual version of events surrounding SS disappearance to be explained away.

There's going to be a lot of evidence connecting SS and DS IMO

But I'm sure if there is a trial that a defense attorney would use anything they can to try to cast reasonable doubt

Missing Savannah Facebook post at 11:38pm last night.
Missing Savannah
Please remember that I am in Savannah's family. I cannot respond to questions and messages right now. We will update you as we can, but we need to be able to process any updates as a family first. #SavannahStrong

God Bless them all. May they all find peace.

The thing that causes me to think otherwise is that these 3 men were not close friends, but rather casual acquaintances

I don't believe they all would have been able to keep their story's straight and I think at least one of the two would have spilled the beans if they thought they could save their own hide.

They may very well all be involved, but I am leaning towards it being DS and DS alone responsible to what happened to poor SS

Possible for sure, but a mob mentality can be a very dangerous situation for any victim especially for one defenseless young woman who was alone.

It seems if the other two weren't involved at all they would have already busted him out before now. Imo.

It seems all three have preferred to keep secrets among themselves instead. If he's the only one involved the other two knew about it, imo. Guys around DS age tend to not be able to keep their mouths shut when it comes to their guy friends.

We dont know if any of their interviews have been consistent. They very well may not have been, but LE wanted to first find her body before pouring on pressure even more so now.

Jmhoo

A decomposing human body has a scent like no other animal. I've read it is due to our diet. I have had the unfortunate experience of smelling one. Even decades later I can still smell that smell. It never seems goes away in someone's memory.

I dont think his father is involved, but he knew the police where investigating his son. So it had to always be in the back of his Dad's mind.

I dont fault him for contacting an attorney especially if he knows he had no invovement.

Jmhoo

No, I don't think the father was involved either!
I agree with what you said..... your kid was being investigated, this young lady hadn't been found. What a horrible feeling to live with.

Because his son was one of the last people seen with her, his son had been questioned, the property had previously been searched - makes a lot of sense to me that if you knew there were suspicions a family member was involved in someone's disappearance and that authorities had reason to believe your property might have been connected to the disappearance, that you'd call an attorney if you started smelling that smell.

Will Alan Sparks be able to collect the reward, I wonder...

I'm sure he wants nothing to do with it Amanda.

If his son put her body on his property he will pay for the sins of his son by having the body secreted away on his property.

People can be very mean, and even if he had no involvement I'm sure some in the community will falsely accuse him anyway.

He has victimized his own family too. How cold, and callous one must be to bury her there of all places.

Jmho

I keep thinking of the Tara Grinstead case for some reason.

The murderer was the leader, but he had a follower, and that follower was the one who helped him destroy Tara's remains on property belonging to his family.

She was not taken to the property belonging to the murderer, but on his friend's family owned property instead.

Just thought of that case for some reason.

It does show even those who had no part in the actual murder will help with discarding the bodies.

These are usually weaker people that want to impress the murderer, and how loyal they are.

Imho

I kind of doubt it, because I believe she was moved at least once, and wasn't there any of the times they searched for her. If that's the case, they will have evidence showing that she wasn't there the entire time she was missing. I don't think this guy will be getting away with this.

Me too. I was still hoping for that miracle.

It’s always my hope! And I figured with kids at the ages her oldest two were and then newborn twins, maybe she just felt overwhelmed. I was so hopeful, even as the case lingered unsolved. I get why the families never give up hope until there is definitive proof. I’m not even involved and have a hard time giving up hope in these cases, even when there is little chance of any other outcome.

I kind of doubt it, because I believe she was moved at least once, and wasn't there any of the times they searched for her. If that's the case, they will have evidence showing that she wasn't there the entire time she was missing. I don't think this guy will be getting away with this.

Hi my sweet friend. Ltns!

I believe the unnatural position she was found to be in supports your theory totally. Imo. She has not been there for the entire time after she was first murdered.

Imo. She was secreted away in another tight constricted container causing her body to be in an unnatural position when finally buried on the family property.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member