Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the one questioning due process. Where's your link attorney asked for bail at arraignment? Where's your link that defendant protesting being detained without bail and/or a bail hearing before the grand jury delivers indictment?
See post #204 for more on attorney asking for bail. Never said defendant was protesting being detained without bail.

Are you an advocate for ds? All your messages on here are basically trying to defend him. ?
I don't think asking why he hasn't had a bond hearing is defending him. I was looking for additional info on this case. We know very little. What a judge says in either setting bail or denying would be interesting. Also hearing from the prosecutor & defense attorney could be useful. After the arraignment the bond hearing would be the next step in the process. Now everything has gone quiet again. jmo

I get the feeling many posters think additional charges will be brought up at his grand jury proceedings. Is this even possible? IDK. I thought the GJ would only consider charges he was arraigned on.

DS being arrested and held without bail/bond speaks volumes to me. Just because LE hasn't released a lot of details (and now there's a gag order) doesn't mean they don't have a much clearer picture of what happened than we know.

For thinking it may have been an accidental overdose, I'd have to say that it in no way makes any sense that DS would then bind her naked body and bury her instead of calling 911. He doesn't seem to have a prior record of drug offenses or criminal activity.

I wonder if DS could have dug Savannah's remains up in order to move them from his parents and then didn't get the chance, leading to the 'odor'?

MOO

He does have priors, none are violent. He had some traffic stuff, a DUI and possession charge and I can’t remember if there were any more than those.

They haven’t said whether her clothes were buried with her or not, other than she didn’t have any on. I can only think of a couple reasons for someone destroying another persons clothes and none of them are good or lead me to believe this could be accidental. I do know there were some of her personal items buried with her but they haven’t said what the items are up to this point.

I get the feeling many posters think additional charges will be brought up at his grand jury proceedings. Is this even possible? IDK. I thought the GJ would only consider charges he was arraigned on.

I don’t think new charges can be brought up in a grand jury. The objective of the GJ is to decide whether a crime has occurred...that’s it. I do think there’s a possibility of additional charges once lab results start coming back.

Yes. A judge is to only consider the charges in front of him. He has not been charged with murder. The felony charge against him is relatively minor. I would think almost anyone charged with a crime has tampered with evidence. A judge is to consider the serious of the crime & the likelihood the defendant will show up for trial. DS has ties to the community & did not flee after the alleged crime. Our system of justice does not allow keeping someone in jail just because we don't like them, jmo

I think you would be appalled at the slowness of the criminal justice system. There are a LOT of people sitting in jail awaiting bond hearings on a number of relatively minor crimes. Courts are overloaded these days, it's just the way it is. Has nothing to do with like or dislike.

I don’t think new charges can be brought up in a grand jury. The objective of the GJ is to decide whether a crime has occurred...that’s it. I do think there’s a possibility of additional charges once lab results start coming back.

I did a little digging around on Google, and got the impression that new charges can be brought up with the grand jury—and that fits my impression of what grand juries are all about. But the only thing that matters is Kentucky laws, and as you said, they can certainly add new charges as they get lab results.

DS being arrested and held without bail/bond speaks volumes to me. Just because LE hasn't released a lot of details (and now there's a gag order) doesn't mean they don't have a much clearer picture of what happened than we know.

For thinking it may have been an accidental overdose, I'd have to say that it in no way makes any sense that DS would then bind her naked body and bury her instead of calling 911. He doesn't seem to have a prior record of drug offenses or criminal activity.

I wonder if DS could have dug Savannah's remains up in order to move them from his parents and then didn't get the chance, leading to the 'odor'?

MOO[/QUOTE
They knowh she died. It is just not public. The big thing now is Murder or Capital Murder. He will negotiate for life instead of death penalty, I believe.

I did a little digging around on Google, and got the impression that new charges can be brought up with the grand jury—and that fits my impression of what grand juries are all about. But the only thing that matters is Kentucky laws, and as you said, they can certainly add new charges as they get lab results.

Idk. I always thought they had to vote on the already existing felony charge. Now I want to know if they can present new charges at the hearing but I can’t find anything that states for sure one way or the other. These are the only articles that I found kind of helpful and that’s not saying much lol.

What are the steps of a criminal prosecution in the state of Kentucky

View Document - Kentucky Court Rules

I don't think asking why he hasn't had a bond hearing is defending him. I was looking for additional info on this case. We know very little. What a judge says in either setting bail or denying would be interesting. Also hearing from the prosecutor & defense attorney could be useful. After the arraignment the bond hearing would be the next step in the process. Now everything has gone quiet again. jmo

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the County Atty. who was in court that day, will be prosecuting atty. I believe the prosecuting atty will be the Commonwealth's Atty of the 13th District. Again, I could be wrong, but I think they were just getting him in front of a judge, and making sure some bases were covered.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the County Atty. who was in court that day, will be prosecuting atty. I believe the prosecuting atty will be the Commonwealth's Atty of the 13th District. Again, I could be wrong, but I think they were just getting him in front of a judge, and making sure some bases were covered.

I’m pretty sure you’re right. Felonies are handled by commonwealth atty’s.

I thought we may learn something during arguments for/against bail. I don't think we have established when legally a bail decision must be made. jmo

I'm sure you are correct.

DS has only been before the District Court and the County Attorney where limited things are covered (initial appearance and probable cause hearing).

DS's next court (after grand jury indictment) will be in Circuit Court with a prosecuting attorney for arraignment and trial.

Yes looking back now I believe le knew all along she wasn't alive, I remember the last update before she was found was something along the lines of they have an idea of what's going on its just putting the pieces together, so what we now know they knew is they found blood and he had enquired about a rug, that in itself speaks volumes, yes not enough to act on but would give you an idea, but I'll bet they still have more. Even in regards to that car they towed back in january, may have been evidence in that.
Certain bits of information that they got very early on make it pretty clear as to what happened. Undoubtedly, LE would have got Starks phone ping records and would have seen that he made a 2 hour trip to his parents place on the 4th. I really don't understand how LE could not have found the body when they searched that property. I mean, you have a freshly dug hole on what looks to be a well maintained property, how could you miss that?

Certain bits of information that they got very early on make it pretty clear as to what happened. Undoubtedly, LE would have got Starks phone ping records and would have seen that he made a 2 hour trip to his parents place on the 4th. I really don't understand how LE could not have found the body when they searched that property. I mean, you have a freshly dug hole on what looks to be a well maintained property, how could you miss that?

I said this on an old thread, but I wonder if it was in area that is normally dirt and therefore mud in a KY winter when not frozen. Easy to dig into and doesn't look dug up after.

I don't understand how the dogs would not hit on it though. I would think that small of an area would be hard for a scent to not be found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member