Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it is funny how they always manage to get those interviews, isn't it? I just really doubt a lot of things that website says. If they really do pay for interviews like some people say, to me that's just another reason for people to lie or exaggerate, IMO. They get to make a quick buck even if their story isn't totally true.
You can't beat their pictures. They seem to get pics that nobody else has.

I can't speak for OP but I believe they were trying to convey if there was some sort of undetermined cause of death/no homicide then it could result in no justice being served.

If she died due to "something other than homicidal violence" then that speaks to me, that there was no violent act committed against her. No ill intention. My understanding is that the body was pretty well preserved. We don't know what happened yet, but, people who are inebriated, and partying well into the morning hours, are not usually clear headed, nor do they make intelligent decisions. Honestly, I'd rather find that my child passed away from aspiration, an embolism, etc... and he panicked, other than to have had a violent act committed against them. That's just me though.

If she died due to "something other than homicidal violence" then that speaks to me, that there was no violent act committed against her. No ill intention. My understanding is that the body was pretty well preserved. We don't know what happened yet, but, people who are inebriated, and partying well into the morning hours, are not usually clear headed, nor do they make intelligent decisions. Honestly, I'd rather find that my child passed away from aspiration, an embolism, etc... and he panicked, other than to have had a violent act committed against them. That's just me though.

Understood. Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that I necessarily agreed with the viewpoint, only that it seemed as though that was what the poster was trying to convey.

Yes, but I meant something more like GHB or one of the "date rape" drugs that were being referred to.
When she left in the car with them she was still coherent so if something was given to her to make her incapacitated it probably would have occurred at the house. Imo
GHB or similar drugs could have been used, even at the bar. It takes a bit of time for them to begin effect. However, understand that these drugs do not always cause unconsciousness. The victim can still be conscious. Their primary effect is to cause amnesia in the person. It could be (just pure speculation here) that they administered it to her in the bar, with the purpose of taking her to the house to assault, and then drop her off somewhere. But, mixed with the large amount of alcohol, the dose proved fatal. Its still first degree murder though.

GHB or similar drugs could have been used, even at the bar. It takes a bit of time for them to begin effect. However, understand that these drugs do not always cause unconsciousness. The victim can still be conscious. Their primary effect is to cause amnesia in the person. It could be (just pure speculation here) that they administered it to her in the bar, with the purpose of taking her to the house to assault, and then drop her off somewhere. But, mixed with the large amount of alcohol, the dose proved fatal. Its still first degree murder though.

Tox reports would say for sure but I've not seen anything that suggested anything other than alcohol and lots of it.

I have not been following this case closely so don't know if I missed any evidence or suggestion that GHB or the like had been used. My sense of what I read was more simply lots of alcohol was drunk, her friend decided to leave and SS carried on drinking. She was coherent, but clearly intoxicated, in the video call I thought. Nothing there suggested the addition of any other chemical.
Yes, there is no way to tell without the autopsy results.

She was coherent when speaking to her mom in the car, but according to the DM article she was not when she was at the house being filmed. They described her as sounding like she was speaking another language, or something like that.
Hard to say whether or not it's true when you consider the source.

However, whether alcohol or some other drug, it's not hard to believe that she was taken advantage of and she may not have been fully aware of what was happening. Imo

If she died due to "something other than homicidal violence" ...RSBM.... Honestly, I'd rather find that my child passed away from aspiration, an embolism, etc... and he panicked, other than to have had a violent act committed against them. That's just me though.

Except if your child passes from aspiration, etc. and is found naked, bound, body folded in half, and stuffed inside a hole in the ground, that's no "panic." That's a despicable, violent act in itself.

MOO

Except if your child passes from aspiration, etc. and is found naked, bound, body folded in half, and stuffed inside a hole in the ground, that's no "panic." That's a despicable, violent act in itself.

MOO

I think you have taken my meaning and twisted it to suit yourself. Yes, what he did was quite disturbing, actually very disturbing. If I were his family, I'd have to move. However, that was done, after her death. We do not know yet, that he killed the girl. He may very well have killed her, but, burying her body, in his parent's backyard, is not the same as violently attacking and murdering her. We will find out soon enough. It seems that some on here will feel disappointed if this was an accidental overdose, or an embolism, or some other type of accidental death, and he freaked out and buried the body. Why, I do not understand.

Who heard screams and just listened but didn’t call 911.

I personally know one of the couples who lived next door to him at the time and they heard absolutely nothing. If my spouse was drunk, and passed out, and I heard screaming, and thought it was significant enough that I felt someone was in danger, I, personally, would have called 911.

They have a solid case for breaking federal law by providing false statements and obstruction of justice for covering up the crime. I think the family should press for FBI involvement and take this out of the locality and state's hands. I believe if the feds get involved they will push to prove the murder.

They have a solid case for breaking federal law by providing false statements and obstruction of justice for covering up the crime. I think the family should press for FBI involvement and take this out of the locality and state's hands. I believe if the feds get involved they will push to prove the murder.
I doubt these state crimes would be federal crimes.

I don't know that there is any federal crime involved here.

If it turns out she died of some other means than homicide, I doubt too much fuss will be made over the fact that he provided false statements to LE. Unless he provided false statements to a federal agent, no federal law was broken. At this stage the FBI is not going to get involved I can assure you of that.

I don't think he will be charged with any additional charges like obstruction of justice or interference of an official act. Those are normally misdemeanors and he has already been charged with two felony's. He will most likely be given a plea deal to avoid a trail which will drop one of the charges, which I would suspect will be the tampering charge. He will then accept the plea deal and given the appropriate punishment for what charge he pleads guilty to. Depending on his past history he could be looking at very minimal jail/prison sentence, most of which will be suspended and he will be placed on probation after he serves any time, if he is given time. Even if he was given the maximum five years he would be paroled long before that, unless he was a career criminal, which he is not.

I also think many would be upset if this is how the case ends, but if he didn't cause her death he can't be charged for that or put away for the rest of his life for burying her body like some would want done.

JMO

The FBI was already involved and was there, the night they exhumed her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL