Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out she died of some other means than homicide, I doubt too much fuss will be made over the fact that he provided false statements to LE. Unless he provided false statements to a federal agent, no federal law was broken. At this stage the FBI is not going to get involved I can assure you of that.

I don't think he will be charged with any additional charges like obstruction of justice or interference of an official act. Those are normally misdemeanors and he has already been charged with two felony's. He will most likely be given a plea deal to avoid a trail which will drop one of the charges, which I would suspect will be the tampering charge. He will then accept the plea deal and given the appropriate punishment for what charge he pleads guilty to. Depending on his past history he could be looking at very minimal jail/prison sentence, most of which will be suspended and he will be placed on probation after he serves any time, if he is given time. Even if he was given the maximum five years he would be paroled long before that, unless he was a career criminal, which he is not.

I also think many would be upset if this is how the case ends, but if he didn't cause her death he can't be charged for that or put away for the rest of his life for burying her body like some would want done.

JMO

But the FBI has been involved in this case. We don't know to what degree, but at a minimum, they were involved in the search. It was reported in MSM.

JMO, it's entirely possible that DS and possibly the other two men have also been questioned by FBI agents.

Recently, in Nebraska, there was the Sydney Loofe case, which began as a missing person's case. Multiple law enforcement agencies were involved, including the FBI. Sydney's remains were later discovered and she had been dismembered.

At the time of the investigation, it was only known by the public that the FBI was somehow involved. At Aubrey Trail's trial recently, more than one FBI agent testified and we learned they had a very, very active role, not only in the investigation, but also in interrogating Aubrey Trail.

But the FBI has been involved in this case. We don't know to what degree, but at a minimum, they were involved in the search. It was reported in MSM.

JMO, it's entirely possible that DS and possibly the other two men have also been questioned by FBI agents.

Recently, in Nebraska, there was the Sydney Loofe case, which began as a missing person's case. Multiple law enforcement agencies were involved, including the FBI. Sydney's remains were later discovered and she had been dismembered.

At the time of the investigation, it was only known by the public that the FBI was somehow involved. At Aubrey Trail's trial recently, more than one FBI agent testified and we learned they had a very, very active role, not only in the investigation, but also in interrogating Aubrey Trail.
Well than if the FBI was involved with the questioning of DS and he gave a false statement to federal agent, than there is the possibility a federal law was violated. Other than that abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence is not a federal crime and the case is not going to be moved to federal court or taken over by the FBI.

If DS murdered Savannah in his house that wouldn't be a federal crime either.

Well than if the FBI was involved with the questioning of DS and he gave a false statement to federal agent, than there is the possibility a federal law was violated. Other than that abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence is not a federal crime and the case is not going to be moved to federal court or taken over by the FBI.

If DS murdered Savannah in his house that wouldn't be a federal crime either.

I understand. It's not a federal crime unless there is something really out there that we don't know. The case in Nebraska that I referenced may not be a very good example because the defendant had also committed a federal crime (unrelated to the murder) and was being investigated for that by federal authorities. For that crime he was tried and convicted in federal court. In addition, the luring of the murder victim began on the Internet (Tinder).

That said, the murder case itself was tried in local court and FBI agents testified about their questioning of the defendant (for the murder) and they also testified about the many lies he told them.

If I was local LE and had a case like this to solve, I'd take every bit of help and expertise the FBI was willing to provide. JMO, if FBI agents interviewed DS, we won't know that until there's a trial.

All JMO

I'm pretty sure they were there only lending evidence assistance at the request of local LE, and not under their own jurisdiction.

I didn't say how they were involved, only that they were, and that they were there, when they exhumed her body. I'm not an FBI agent, just commenting on what has been taking place.

I understand. It's not a federal crime unless there is something really out there that we don't know. The case in Nebraska that I referenced may not be a very good example because the defendant had also committed a federal crime (unrelated to the murder) and was being investigated for that by federal authorities. For that crime he was tried and convicted in federal court. In addition, the luring of the murder victim began on the Internet (Tinder).

That said, the murder case itself was tried in local court and FBI agents testified about their questioning of the defendant (for the murder) and they also testified about the many lies he told them.

If I was local LE and had a case like this to solve, I'd take every bit of help and expertise the FBI was willing to provide. JMO, if FBI agents interviewed DS, we won't know that until there's a trial.

All JMO

The GC LE were the ones who spotted DS's vehicle, and pulled him over, then followed him to Madison County, for questioning. This was almost a week after her disappearance, iirc. KSP, and Madison County, were lead on the investigation with FBI coming in at some point. GC LEOs assisted. It was a bit more complicated b/c the case covered four counties. She disappeared in Fayette, lived in Madison, went through Jessamine, to get to Garrard, where she was last seen.

The GC LE were the ones who spotted DS's vehicle, and pulled him over, then followed him to Madison County, for questioning. This was almost a week after her disappearance, iirc. KSP, and Madison County, were lead on the investigation with FBI coming in at some point. GC LEOs assisted. It was a bit more complicated b/c the case covered four counties. She disappeared in Fayette, lived in Madison, went through Jessamine, to get to Garrard, where she was last seen.
is that why the fbi were brought in ? because it was 4 different counties ?

This case is very, very complicated indeed, not only with multiple locations and LE agencies involved, but because we have so few details right now.

Garrard Co., KY has a very special place in my heart. I've been there many times over the years, researching my ancestors, who settled in Garrard Co. right after the Revolution. I've spent time at my family's cemetery, which is on top of a hill of their old farm and have thought that nothing really bad could ever happen in such a peaceful and beautiful place.

We know something happened to Savannah, but what happened? Hopefully, we'll get some clarity soon.

I truly don't know. I thought, that local LEDs may have asked for their assistance, to expedite, getting the cell phone data, from all parties, in a much more timely manner. Just my speculation.

I think you are right. I also think the collective LED's had a very bad feeling that Savannah was likely dead, and that DS and possibly the other two men weren't telling them everything they knew.

This case is very, very complicated indeed, not only with multiple locations and LE agencies involved, but because we have so few details right now.

Garrard Co., KY has a very special place in my heart. I've been there many times over the years, researching my ancestors, who settled in Garrard Co. right after the Revolution. I've spent time at my family's cemetery, which is on top of a hill of their old farm and have thought that nothing really bad could ever happen in such a peaceful and beautiful place.

We know something happened to Savannah, but what happened? Hopefully, we'll get some clarity soon.

BBM
Same. I hope we find out something soon, too. I want to know what happened. I think LE has had it pieced together for awhile, but needed her body in order to make an arrest that would stick, and further the case. Most folks have not believed his story of waking up and she was gone. It was not something that was put together well at all. Which takes away the idea, that this was something planned. It makes no sense. Then again, neither does most things in this world. So, now we wait.

BBM
Same. I hope we find out something soon, too. I want to know what happened. I think LE has had it pieced together for awhile, but needed her body in order to make an arrest that would stick, and further the case. Most folks have not believed his story of waking up and she was gone. It was not something that was put together well at all. Which takes away the idea, that this was something planned. It makes no sense. Then again, neither does most things in this world. So, now we wait.
I'm sure LE assumed early on she was dead. I don't think they knew how she died unless one of the three men talked. They were not ready to arrest anyone but had no choice when they were given her location. Again, if no one talked or only one was present when she died, the COD & MOD means everything. jmo

is that why the fbi were brought in ? because it was 4 different counties ?
They should have found her much sooner. Especially if she was buried there prior to the first search. I hate to keep hearing cases where the missing is found squarely in the search area. I have seen houses tossed for small amounts of drugs.. gone through with fine toothed combs.

generally if there is an "after party" at a house, there is more drinking done there.

I thought for SS to become incapacitated or drunk/drugged to the point of not being able to speak properly that she either was drugged in the last drink at the bar or the last drinks at the bar hadn't hit her yet or that she was drugged at the house.

I bet that they drugged her somehow. It may not have been GHB, but it probably was something that DS had at the house. I believe that he had a plan to rape her. He might not have realized that she just had delivered babies.

I also wanted to say that if I (as in the other two) had nothing to do with the murder, I'd be totally open and honest with the police and tell them everything that went on that evening. Of course, I'd get an attorney and have immunity on the table and then speak.

ther

They should have found her much sooner. Especially if she was buried there prior to the first search. I hate to keep hearing cases where the missing is found squarely in the search area. I have seen houses tossed for small amounts of drugs.. gone through with fine toothed combs.

What I'd like to know is who was mowing that lawn before Savannah's body was found? Was it DS or someone else?

I imagine lawn mowing season in Garrard Co. began at least by April.

In this instance, if, she was found, where I am thinking that she was found, then it's very possible that they just did not see the evidence of the burial site, and the dog(s) did not hit on the grave site. Search dogs, like humans, are fallible. I've my own thoughts about their use, but will save them, for another, more appropriate, thread.

The property was not searched, the first time, until January 22nd. She disappeared after leaving with the men, on January 4th. That's almost three weeks, and, again, if, the remains were found, where I believe they may have been found, then the location, the weather, and the length of time, may have played a roll in LE not finding her the first time.

I've read where the teams who use cadaver dogs, have walked right past remains, and not found them. Later on, someone else will stumble upon the remains, while out hiking, or farming. Some bodies do not emit the chemicals that search dogs are trained to detect, so that could also have played a role.

Does anyone have a msm article to back up the fact savannahs phone pinged by David's parents house that morning? sorry it's just I've seen it mentioned multiple times, and taken as fact on here, but the only place I have ever seen it mentioned before that is on sm. I'm not doubting it's true. But there is a lot of stuff said on sm too that if we take as fact would shed more light on stuff but I didn't think it was allowed .

Does anyone have a msm article to back up the fact savannahs phone pinged by David's parents house that morning? sorry it's just I've seen it mentioned multiple times, and taken as fact on here, but the only place I have ever seen it mentioned before that is on sm. I'm not doubting it's true. But there is a lot of stuff said on sm too that if we take as fact would shed more light on stuff but I didn't think it was allowed .

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html

This article mentions the two visits to his parents house Jan 4th/Jan 5th. It was during a testimony.

Savannah’s family just updated the FB page they run for her.

“The next phase of Savannah’s case will be the meeting of the Grand Jury on the current charges against David Sparks on August 14. This is a closed event, even to family. Autopsy results have not yet come back. Charges against him could change. #JusticeforSavannah”

Savannah’s family just updated the FB page they run for her.

“The next phase of Savannah’s case will be the meeting of the Grand Jury on the current charges against David Sparks on August 14. This is a closed event, even to family. Autopsy results have not yet come back. Charges against him could change. #JusticeforSavannah”
This is good info, Savannah's family has been such a strong voice of support for her. God bless them all, especially her young children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member