Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC There was a search near a church. The only connection to DS was that it was near his parents home. No discussion about a freezer at the church. jmo

The church itself was searched.
There was a deep freezer at the church.
It was his father's former church (is he clergy? I'm not sure.)

There is a church registered to that address (3178 Fall Lick Road) in Spark's name however. So I think it's fairly safe to presume the family owned/ran the church building. It looks abandoned though, so I think it's also entirely possible access would have been possible at the time... then perhaps she was moved when power was going to be cut off or something.

Lancaster Full Gospel Outreach, Inc.

I think her body was buried in the same location the entire time.

Her body was likely completely buried until spring time when the ground thawed if frozen or warmed up to the point her body started to decompose giving off an odor. At that time animal activity unearthed her body and the smell became more apparent.

I believe this is also the reason why no body was found when the search was conducted earlier and why it was reported that the garbage bags where visible when she was found. Animals uncovered her in the shallow grave.

JMO

If she was in fact buried inside the building the animals seem less likely....

Last edited:
Were was it reported she was buried inside of a building?
Surveillance footage shows Savannah Spurlock entering suspect's home and never coming out | Daily Mail Online

DM
snipped BBM
The court heard how Spurlock's body had been found naked, bound, bundled into trash bags and buried in a shallow grave in an outlying storage shed behind Sparks' parents' home in rural Kentucky.

• Seven months later her body was found naked and bound in trash bags buried in Sparks' parents' backyard

There is a church registered to that address (3178 Fall Lick Road) in Spark's name however. So I think it's fairly safe to presume the family owned/ran the church building. It looks abandoned though, so I think it's also entirely possible access would have been possible at the time... then perhaps she was moved when power was going to be cut off or something.

I wonder if there is any information about the date the church was searched vs the date DS's parents' property was originally searched.

Full Gospel Outreach, Inc.

Thank you for posting the video. I knew I'd seen that the father's church or former church had been searched and there was a freezer in the church.

Surveillance footage shows Savannah Spurlock entering suspect's home and never coming out | Daily Mail Online

DM
snipped BBM
The court heard how Spurlock's body had been found naked, bound, bundled into trash bags and buried in a shallow grave in an outlying storage shed behind Sparks' parents' home in rural Kentucky.

• Seven months later her body was found naked and bound in trash bags buried in Sparks' parents' backyard
So we're rollin' the dice on the good old Daily Mail again? They're so bad at fact checking that it's 50/50 whether the body was in, near, under or around that shed. The copter/drone footage of that crime scene didn't seem focused on the shed itself from what I remember. Interesting if it was a dirt floor inside - like you said explaining the lack of animals. Ol Pastor Sparks goes in to get a tube of caulk or some hummingbird food and Boom - the realization that the son he raised really is a demon.

Lancaster Full Gospel Outreach, Inc.

The church I thought you were talking about was the one near an area LE searched. It was not at 3178 Fall Lick Rd.

So we're rollin' the dice on the good old Daily Mail again? They're so bad at fact checking that it's 50/50 whether the body was in, near, under or around that shed. The copter/drone footage of that crime scene didn't seem focused on the shed itself from what I remember. Interesting if it was a dirt floor inside - like you said explaining the lack of animals. Ol Pastor Sparks goes in to get a tube of caulk or some hummingbird food and Boom - the realization that the son he raised really is a demon.

JMO, I cannot imagine the sickening realization that DS's parents must have felt when they noticed the suspicious odor on their property.

His dad did the right thing and reported it, even though he had to be aware that this was not good for his son.

I've thought a lot about Savannah's parents and the horrible nightmare they have been living since Savannah disappeared. I imagine DS's parents are living different kind of nightmare.

JMO

The church I thought you were talking about was the one near an area LE searched. It was not at 3178 Fall Lick Rd.

It looks like the address of the church property is 4671 Fall Lick Road. It is about 1.5 miles south of the home of DS's parents, but the address for the church is shown as Crab Orchard and not Lancaster. It's an old Penecostal Church and it doesn't appear to be open. The telephone number listed for this church has been disconnected.

From the information I could find online, volunteers and LE searched the woods around the church as well as a pond or ponds nearby in February, not long after DS's parents' property was searched. I haven't seen anything that states LE searched inside the church at that time.

I have no idea if DS's father was ever associated with this church. Perhaps someone local would know.

JMO

Were was it reported she was buried inside of a building?

Wayback, the day her remains were found pictures and I think video showed men in white going inside a white building, garage or other maybe.

Sorry can't get the link as I'm dashing off out but it should be easy for you to go back and find it,

Wayback, the day her remains were found pictures and I think video showed men in white going inside a white building, garage or other maybe.

Sorry can't get the link as I'm dashing off out but it should be easy for you to go back and find it,
Could have been searching the shed for items like shovels that were used to bury her. I guess we will find out for sure where she was buried if there is a trail.

JMO

JMO, I cannot imagine the sickening realization that DS's parents must have felt when they noticed the suspicious odor on their property.

His dad did the right thing and reported it, even though he had to be aware that this was not good for his son.

I've thought a lot about Savannah's parents and the horrible nightmare they have been living since Savannah disappeared. I imagine DS's parents are living different kind of nightmare.

Imagine the dismay and heartbreak of realizing your adult child has so little regard or concern for you that he'd desecrate the home you give him with the abused remains of his murder victim. To me that qualifies as "Time to disown my monster spawn." (And yes, I'm a parent.)

(Edited for formatting, because on vacation without laptop and I suck at keyboarding on my phone.)

Last edited:
Family wants conviction in Savannah Spurlock case

Aug 02, 2019

"RICHMOND, Ky. (WKYT) - In her first interview since her daughter was found, Savannah Spurlock's mother says there is still more work to do.

Savannah disappeared in January. One of the men she was last seen with, now faces charges.

Ellen Spurlock told WKYT since police found Savannah's body, she is just taking it one day at a time.

She says during the months she waited for answers, she always knew her daughter might be dead, but she never wanted to believe it.

"I always had hope that she was going to be OK coming home," said Ellen Spurlock. "So when I found out that she was not OK, it was just so devastating. But I knew that she's not suffering, she's not suffering somewhere, and she's in a better place."

David Sparks is now charged in connection with the case...."

Kentucky State Police identify human remains as Savannah Spurloc
WATCH Kentucky State Police identify human remains as Savannah Spurlock

You can see LE etc opening a large door, into garage. That's where I believe she lay and why the dogs didn't find her remains.

2nd video down but it's further back than the presser.

thumbnail.jpg
play_overlay.png

ksppresseronspurlock-1562889484.jpg
play_overlay.png

Kentucky State Police identify human remains as Savannah Spurloc

You can see LE etc opening a large door, into garage. That's where I believe she lay and why the dogs didn't find her remains.

2nd video down but it's further back than the presser.

thumbnail.jpg
play_overlay.png

ksppresseronspurlock-1562889484.jpg
play_overlay.png

I hadn't seen the footage of LE by the garage before. You may be right. LE has been radio silent about where on the property she was found.

JMO, if he was determined to hide her body, why make such a shallow grave? If he buried her in the garage, he would have had privacy, unless someone was home and he was concerned he'd be caught. IDK.

Thank u all very much. We’re not far into the justice process, and I am learning that things are going to take time. I have no doubt Justice is coming for anyone involved, but it may not be a fast process. Police told us it typically takes 2yrs. Trying to tap into a new level of patience.

Thank u all very much. We’re not far into the justice process, and I am learning that things are going to take time. I have no doubt Justice is coming for anyone involved, but it may not be a fast process. Police told us it typically takes 2yrs. Trying to tap into a new level of patience.

Thank you so much for letting us know this may take a couple of yrs to solve. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhampton