Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank u all very much. We’re not far into the justice process, and I am learning that things are going to take time. I have no doubt Justice is coming for anyone involved, but it may not be a fast process. Police told us it typically takes 2yrs. Trying to tap into a new level of patience.

Family wants conviction in Savannah Spurlock case
When you say two yrs to get Justice are you saying the Police still have more investigating to do and that it will take time to file murder charges or are you saying, In Ky a case like this will take two yrs to go to trial after murder charges are filed? Or are you saying the charges David has now will take two yrs to go to trial? Thing is David or someone else could plead guilty and wouldn't this be over faster that way? In other words there are no murder charges filed so what will take 2 yrs?

I would like to know if the preliminary autopsy is back and showed evidence of foul play. Ellen Spurlock is saying her daughter, Savannah Spurlock, was murdered but why is she saying this?

It doesn’t look like they’ve come back yet. If they have, they’ve not been made public. They go back to court 8/14 so hopefully the report comes back before then. I guess there’s always the possibility that Savannah’s mom knows more than what the public knows at this point, or she may also just feel as if Savannah was murdered. I’m just glad WDRB was responsible enough to state that murder charges hadn’t been filed yet.

When you say two yrs to get Justice are you saying the Police still have more investigating to do and that it will take time to file murder charges or are you saying, In Ky a case like this will take two yrs to go to trial after murder charges are filed? Or are you saying the charges David has now will take two yrs to go to trial? Thing is David or someone else could plead guilty and wouldn't this be over faster that way? In other words there are no murder charges filed so what will take 2 yrs?

I thought she was just stating the trial process typically takes 2 years. On their page run by the family, they mentioned the possibility of the charges being upgraded depending on what the lab report shows. Up to this point though, I don’t think that’s come back yet.

It doesn’t look like they’ve come back yet. If they have, they’ve not been made public. They go back to court 8/14 so hopefully the report comes back before then. I guess there’s always the possibility that Savannah’s mom knows more than what the public knows at this point, or she may also just feel as if Savannah was murdered. I’m just glad WDRB was responsible enough to state that murder charges hadn’t been filed yet.

Well the preliminary is back in 24 to 48 hrs. Thought possibly it said foul play or no foul play. Didn't know if Savannah's Aunt would want to clarify this or not. Also Ellen said they instead of he, sounded like more than David may be charged with murder. Not sure she said they in this interview but in a recent one, she had on a pink top I think. Just read the interview you posted and she does sound like she thought they all were involved in Savannah's death. In a more recent interview she said they when talking about Savannah being murdered.

I don't think the other two men have been cleared even though there's rumors going around that they have been cleared.

I thought she was just stating the trial process typically takes 2 years. On their page run by the family, they mentioned the possibility of the charges being upgraded depending on what the lab report shows. Up to this point though, I don’t think that’s come back yet.

I looked it up after I read the post. What I found said if murder charges are filed a trial happens soon. Thing is I'm hearing from people living in Ky it can take yrs for a murder trial to take place. I did read if he doesn't get charged with murder now he can be charged later on if they have more evidence and want to charge him. I was wondering if the investigation is still going on and also is the FBI investigating? I know they still want tips in their tip box or boxes.

Thanks for your question. We were told the average process from finding a body to justice being served is 2 years (brought to trial). Family always knows a bit more than the public, but we try not to speak on things police or media haven’t addressed. Ellen is stating her opinion that Savannah was murdered, though I think the evidence currently out there is pretty compelling already. We are learning that the justice process takes a long time, and charges can change even after the grand jury meeting.

FBI is still involved and investigating as is Richmond PD. KSP is technically leading now. We do not know what the involvement of the other men is. We know they have not been cleared.

In terms of the autopsy, we cannot speak of it at this time. I’m guessing more of those details will be released after the grand jury meets next Wed.

Thanks for your question. We were told the average process from finding a body to justice being served is 2 years (brought to trial). Family always knows a bit more than the public, but we try not to speak on things police or media haven’t addressed. Ellen is stating her opinion that Savannah was murdered, though I think the evidence currently out there is pretty compelling already. We are learning that the justice process takes a long time, and charges can change even after the grand jury meeting.

I agree the evidence that is currently out there is compelling. I can't think of another plausible reason for Savannah to have been buried as she was that doesn't completely defy the principle of Occam's razor.

JMO

FBI is still involved and investigating as is Richmond PD. KSP is technically leading now. We do not know what the involvement of the other men is. We know they have not been cleared.

In terms of the autopsy, we cannot speak of it at this time. I’m guessing more of those details will be released after the grand jury meets next Wed.

The grand jury can't meet soon enough. I'm sure that no one feels this way more than you and other family members.

I agree the evidence that is currently out there is compelling. I can't think of another plausible reason for Savannah to have been buried as she was that doesn't completely defy the principle of Occam's razor.

JMO
Unless a COD & MOD is determined, I don't see compelling evidence to support a murder charge.

Unless a COD & MOD is determined, I don't see compelling evidence to support a murder charge.

We'll see what happens after the grand jury meets next week. My best guess is the ME was able to establish both. JMO.

What other reason, other than murder, explains why Savannah was placed into a shallow grave, naked and with her feet bound? I've seen some of the reasons stated previously, but one has to make a lot of assumptions to make any of those reasons fit.

It seems many times in cases like this people state the victim was murdered even though the manner of death has yet to be determined. I read it time after time on this forum that the victim was murdered before the ME has even determined the manner or cause of death.

JMO

It seems many times in cases like this people state the victim was murdered even though the manner of death has yet to be determined. I read it time after time on this forum that the victim was murdered before the ME has even determined the manner or cause of death.

JMO

Correct; that is why I clarified that her mom is expressing her opinion. Which is an opinion I share. Time will tell with everything.

We'll see what happens after the grand jury meets next week. My best guess is the ME was able to establish both. JMO.

What other reason, other than murder, explains why Savannah was placed into a shallow grave, naked and with her feet bound? I've seen some of the reasons stated previously, but one has to make a lot of assumptions to make any of those reasons fit.
In our system of justice the state has to prove a crime was committed before someone can be charged. The state can't say it was murder because what else can it be.

Thank you for clearing this up for me because when I looked this up I was looking at it the wrong way.

I'm not seeing a lot of reason to think murder but I do know it's a possibility and I don't know all the evidence.

In our system of justice the state has to prove a crime was committed before someone can be charged. The state can't say it was murder because what else can it be.

An accidental overdose. Do you know no drugs were involved? Doesn't have to be narcotics could be the combination of a drug and alcohol caused a fatal reaction. Also these men or one of them could have given Savannah a drug and she didn't know they had put it in her drink. Maybe she died from some kind of accident where she fell or even natural causes. Young people have strokes, heart attacks etc. If illegal drugs were being used by any of these men or Savannah I could see someone or all panicking and wanting to hide what happened. I could even see the nice guy David is portrayed to be, being afraid of his family finding out they had a woman at his home and she died there. I think if a person hid a body as time passed they may be more afraid of coming forward and saying they disposed of the body. I think it's extremely odd she was buried in David's parents backyard and only 19 inches deep and that seems to be what someone who was in a panicked state of mind would do. Just giving an opinion on how this may not have been a murder. Maybe manslaughter or an accident and even natural causes. I don't know all of the evidence and if I did I may be saying murder too.

If SS was murdered, I would want those responsible prosecuted to the fullest. That being said, I sense some posters are hoping she was murdered which I really don't understand. jmo

The state can use circumstantial and/or physical evidence to prove a crime was committed. In the case of Scott Peterson, IIRC, the state had just one piece of physical evidence which was hair similar to Laci's that was found in a pair of pliers.

In that case, the state not only charged Scott Peterson with murder, they also won a conviction. The ME could not establish cause of death, but they established manner of death as homicide and my guess is that it was deemed homicide because there was no other plausible explanation for Laci's body to have been in the bay.

Savannah's blood was found inside a closet of the home DS was renting on the night in question. That doesn't prove murder, but it makes for a compelling argument considering where her body was found, that she was naked and her feet bound, and that DS was the last known person to see her alive, per the neighbor's security video.

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member