Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
{quote=MarieWS]In terms of the autopsy, we cannot speak of it at this time. I’m guessing more of those details will be released after the grand jury meets next Wed. [/b]

That would be 8/14, and they should render an indictment on 8/16.

The state can use circumstantial and/or physical evidence to prove a crime was committed. In the case of Scott Peterson, IIRC, the state had just one piece of physical evidence which was hair similar to Laci's that was found in a pair of pliers.

In that case, the state not only charged Scott Peterson with murder, they also won a conviction. The ME could not establish cause of death, but they established manner of death as homicide and my guess is that it was deemed homicide because there was no other plausible explanation for Laci's body to have been in the bay.

Savannah's blood was found inside a closet of the home DS was renting on the night in question. That doesn't prove murder, but it makes for a compelling argument considering where her body was found, that she was naked and her feet bound, and that DS was the last known person to see her alive, per the neighbor's security video.

All JMO.

I'm not seeing her being naked, her feet taped together or the small amount of blood on the closet door pointing to murder. David was a hunter and when moving a dead animal they tie the feet together for mobility when moving the animal. A lot of talk about consensual sex and speculation of rape. The rug thrown away was a bedroom rug and a very small amount of blood on the bedroom closet door points to she was killed and packaged in the bedroom. Blood possibly from sex because she had given birth to twins 4 to 5 weeks earlier, maybe blood was on sheets and he put her in the closet before moving her to parents home or he transferred blood from himself to closet door when he packaged her and got rid of the bedding etc. Her being naked points to sex in the bed, possibly not consensual but rapist usually do not take all the clothes off of their victim. This is why I could see this being her dying in her sleep or passed out in a coma from a combination of drugs and alcohol. Possibly consensual sex with the man she was arm in arm with and he left her because she wouldn't wake up, drove back to Lexington and David was the one to find the body and he panicked. IMO Just one theory I have. I would much rather see this be an accident rather than a murder.

If SS was murdered, I would want those responsible prosecuted to the fullest. That being said, I sense some posters are hoping she was murdered which I really don't understand. jmo

Yes I see a lot of people wanting revenge and someone to blame. I understand this but I would rather see this an accident than a murder. I also agree with you that if this was a murder the person responsibility or persons responsible be prosecuted to the fullest.

With regards to the blood found in DS's closet: I've only heard it referred to as not visible to the eye and being "behind the door". So vague. Is this a little drop or smudge on the backside of the actual door or a 12'' diameter puddle on the floor directly behind the door? The dimension and location of that stain is going to be super important given these latest posts speculating on the ME taking so long to determine cause of death.

We'll see what happens after the grand jury meets next week. My best guess is the ME was able to establish both. JMO.

What other reason, other than murder, explains why Savannah was placed into a shallow grave, naked and with her feet bound? I've seen some of the reasons stated previously, but one has to make a lot of assumptions to make any of those reasons fit.

I think a murder charge will be forthcoming once the GJ meets. There is no limitations on filing murder charges.

As we know even if the ME is unable to determine how she was murdered it never stops the wheels of justice from turning.

We have had countless cases over the years which were successfully won time, and time again, even though the murdered victim's body has never been located. So therefore they could not prove how the victim was murdered nor was it necessary. Here they have much more.

I do agree the ME will most likely be able to determine how she was killed although not required to get a conviction.

The least likely cases to be overturned on appeal are CE cases, and 90 percent of all murder cases are powerful CE cases.

This one will be no different. Even with what we already know it's totally inconsistent she died accidentally.

The ME will most likely be able to determined she was bound before she was killed. There will still be enough underlying tissue showing bruising ocurred before or close to death.

So I'm not the least bit worried that he won't be charged with murder.

There is no rush to do so since he has other charges.

In fact we are seeing LE doing this more often now in murder cases by charging them first with other offenses then murder charges are filed later.

My prayers continue to be with Savannah's family, and friends.

Jmho

I'm not seeing her being naked, her feet taped together or the small amount of blood on the closet door pointing to murder. David was a hunter and when moving a dead animal they tie the feet together for mobility when moving the animal. A lot of talk about consensual sex and speculation of rape. The rug thrown away was a bedroom rug and a very small amount of blood on the bedroom closet door points to she was killed and packaged in the bedroom. Blood possibly from sex because she had given birth to twins 4 to 5 weeks earlier, maybe blood was on sheets and he put her in the closet before moving her to parents home or he transferred blood from himself to closet door when he packaged her and got rid of the bedding etc. Her being naked points to sex in the bed, possibly not consensual but rapist usually do not take all the clothes off of their victim. This is why I could see this being her dying in her sleep or passed out in a coma from a combination of drugs and alcohol. Possibly consensual sex with the man she was arm in arm with and he left her because she wouldn't wake up, drove back to Lexington and David was the one to find the body and he panicked. IMO Just one theory I have. I would much rather see this be an accident rather than a murder.

I've looked and looked to find another case like this one, where a deceased person was found buried naked, with their feet bound where that person died by either an accident or natural causes. I've not been able to find any cases like that, but if you know of one, please advise.

David Sparks and his boys arent exactly country club dudes. LOL! Yeah. Thats another aspect that many times people often forget. You dont necessarily have to know people directly to know something is off about people or know they are up to no good.

But I will say burying somebody in your own backyard not even that deep wreaks of something that went down unexpectedly. There are a million places she could have been buried.

I think a murder charge will be forthcoming once the GJ meets. There is no limitations on filing murder charges.

As we know even if the ME is unable to determine how she was murdered it never stops the wheels of justice from turning.

We have had countless cases over the years which were successfully won time, and time again, even though the murdered victim's body has never been located. So therefore they could not prove how the victim was murdered nor was it necessary. Here they have much more.

I do agree the ME will most likely be able to determine how she was killed although not required to get a conviction.

The least likely cases to be overturned on appeal are CE cases, and 90 percent of all murder cases are powerful CE cases.

This one will be no different. Even with what we already know it's totally inconsistent she died accidentally.

The ME will most likely be able to determined she was bound before she was killed. There will still be enough underlying tissue showing bruising ocurred before or close to death.

So I'm not the least bit worried that he won't be charged with murder.

There is no rush to do so since he has other charges.

In fact we are seeing LE doing this more often now in murder cases by charging them first with other offenses then murder charges are filed later.

My prayers continue to be with Savannah's family, and friends.

Jmho

I agree with your comments and I also think murder charges will be forthcoming.

I wish more than anything that Savannah's life wasn't brutally taken from her, but for me I truly believe she was murdered.

Therefore of course I want justice to be served.

I've never known of any cases where someone died accidently then were found bound in a shallow grave.

The shallowness of the grave he dug is totally consistent with the shallow graves many other murderers have dug. Murderers btw who were charged with first degree premeditated murder.

I'm confused why anyone thinks a shallow grave means the murders weren't premeditated. Especially with as many premeditated murder cases discussed on WS for years involved the victims being buried in shallow graves time after time.

The two graves of the four McStay family were found in shallow graves around 19 inches deep. The deepness of the graves doesnt matter. It's the fact Charles Merritt dug the shallow graves in the desert after he murdered them all, and the jury convicted him, and has recommended death. He was convicted of premeditated murder.

Just like it will matter Savannah was put there in her own shallow grave by her own murderer. Imo

Jmho

Last edited:
I just have a big problem with somebody committing a brutal murder only to bury their victim or victims in their own backyard especially in 2019. Merritt buried that family out in the desert. Even AA buried ML out in the canyon.

DS could have buried her in the middle of no where a thousand miles away by the time he got caught by his own blood. Things just dont add up to me in this case.

I just want to know what exactly went down.

An accidental overdose. Do you know no drugs were involved? Doesn't have to be narcotics could be the combination of a drug and alcohol caused a fatal reaction. Also these men or one of them could have given Savannah a drug and she didn't know they had put it in her drink. Maybe she died from some kind of accident where she fell or even natural causes. Young people have strokes, heart attacks etc. If illegal drugs were being used by any of these men or Savannah I could see someone or all panicking and wanting to hide what happened. I could even see the nice guy David is portrayed to be, being afraid of his family finding out they had a woman at his home and she died there. I think if a person hid a body as time passed they may be more afraid of coming forward and saying they disposed of the body. I think it's extremely odd she was buried in David's parents backyard and only 19 inches deep and that seems to be what someone who was in a panicked state of mind would do. Just giving an opinion on how this may not have been a murder. Maybe manslaughter or an accident and even natural causes. I don't know all of the evidence and if I did I may be saying murder too.

Yes, accidental and natural deaths occur in younger people, however, in this case, the suspect's actions are telling, IMO. Accidental and natural deaths, especially in young adults, are investigated. The autopsy would give the cause of death, IMO.

If it was a natural or accidental death, then:

Why the blood in the closet?

Why not contact authorities immediately upon discovery of her death?

Why the attempts to cover up/hide/replace evidence?

The actions of the accused/arrested seem to indicate knowledge of wrongdoing/guilt and attempts to eradicate/hide/destroy evidence, IMO.

SFSBM

If the tape that bound Savannah's feet was applied after she was placed in the garbage bags, that would be a pretty good indication that she was dead before her feet where bound.

JMO

I just have a big problem with somebody committing a brutal murder only to bury their victim or victims in their own backyard especially in 2019. Merritt buried that family out in the desert. Even AA buried ML out in the canyon.

DS could have buried her in the middle of no where a thousand miles away by the time he got caught by his own blood. Things just dont add up to me in this case.

Is still very common for murderers to bury their victims in their comfort zones which many times is close to home.

It is so common ID has a series called 'Buried in the Backyard." The cases involve both murders that happened a few years back to ones who are very current.

Imo, the murderers feel they have more control if they bury them close or in areas they know most dont enter like Merritt did.

Jmho

Yes, accidental and natural deaths occur in younger people, however, in this case, the suspect's actions are telling, IMO. Accidental and natural deaths, especially in young adults, are investigated. The autopsy would give the cause of death, IMO.

Why the blood in the closet?

Why not contact authorities immediately upon discovery of her death?

Why the attempts to cover up/hide/replace evidence?

The actions of the accused/arrested seem to indicate knowledge of wrongdoing/guilt and attempts to eradicate/hide/destroy evidence, IMO.

Why the blood in the closet? They were having sex and she had just given birth shortly before. The likely hood of there being blood is great. Blood may have been transferred from bed sheets to closet door if bloody sheets were placed in the closet.

Why not contact authorities immediately upon discovery of her death? DS could have awoke to find Savannah dead. DS if highly intoxicated might have blacked out some memory from the night before and thought to himself he caused her death, when in actuality she died by no fault of his own. Not wanting to implicate himself to a murder he didn't call authorities.

Why the attempts to cover up/hide/replace evidence? Same as above

JMO

Why the blood in the closet? They were having sex and she had just given birth shortly before. The likely hood of there being blood is great. Blood may have been transferred from bed sheets to closet door if bloody sheets were placed in the closet.

Why not contact authorities immediately upon discovery of her death? DS could have awoke to find Savannah dead. DS if highly intoxicated might have blacked out some memory from the night before and thought to himself he caused her death, when in actuality she died by no fault of his own. Not wanting to implicate himself to a murder he didn't call authorities.

Why the attempts to cover up/hide/replace evidence? Same as above

JMO

Thanks for your reply.

If, in your scenario, "she died by no fault of his own", that's not murder, and an autopsy would prove that, IMO.

Now, if he woke up and panicked, at some point in the prolonged cover-up attempt (it takes time to dig a shallow grave and shop for a replacement rug), he had to have sobered up and had reality set in.

If it truly was accidental/natural, why all the subterfuge?

There are too many recent cases to list here where a murder victim's remains were discovered in the killer's back yard. I also want to know what happened and hopefully we'll find out soon.

Thanks for your reply.

If, in your scenario, "she died by no fault of his own", that's not murder, and an autopsy would prove that, IMO.

Now, if he woke up and panicked, at some point in the prolonged cover-up attempt (it takes time to dig a shallow grave and shop for a replacement rug), he had to have sobered up and had reality set in.

If it truly was accidental/natural, why all the subterfuge?

I agree. It was a prolonged cover-up attempt. Savannah's family was also pleading for information. I would think this would be very hard to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring