Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly dont understand , and find it rather ironic when some say that other posters seem to want Savannah to be a murder victim, but then turn around, and prematurely assume somehow it was an accidental overdose.

Imo, the circumstances surrounding Savannah's disappearance, and subsequently found dead, and bound... certainly points far more to foul play than an accident.

Like I posted previously due to the first months of frigid cold weather it may have helped to slow the decomposition stages. Imo, the ME will learn much from Savannah's body including if she was bound before or near death. If it was afterwards then there wouldn't be any underlying bruising to the tissue.

And really why would it be necessary to bind Savannah after dead who was a small petite woman? He easily could remove her body right by himself without any binding.

Can anyone show me any accidental death where the body was found bound inside a grave or bound no matter where the body was found? TIA

Just using common sense, and logic the way the victim was found leans far more to foul play being involved than it does accidental.

Also, imo, the investigators already by now know the blood found in a closet was not blood from having twins. Labs are able to discern the difference. They will present all of their evidence to the GJ, and will not do so publicly for there is no need to do so since the public being informed is irrelevant.

Why was it found in his closet of all places anyway or anywhere close?

None of Savannah's blood should have been found anywhere in his home, but it's even more alarming it wasn't found on a bathroom toilet seat, but instead his closet.

Why would Savannah willingly be inside his closet bleeding? Imo, she wasn't willingly inside of his home at that point. How far up was the blood found? Was it blood spatter perhaps he failed to cleanup? Specific location of any blood found belonging to the victim is of vital importance, and forensically revealing.

In many states only a GJ can indict on the top charge of first degree murder. This state may be the same.IDRK. Imo, this is going to windup with him being charged with murder. This was no accident, and even with the little we know now points to foul play.

Will the DT blame, and victim bash the murder victim? Absolutely, that has become common place unfortunately in many cases.

What is not common place thankfully are jurors buying the toxic koolaid the DT wants them to drink.

What it winds up doing when DTs victim blame is highly insult the intelligence of the jurors who are perfectly capable of looking at all the evidence themselves, and it ticks them off that the DT dared to blame the victim trying to get their murdering client off wanting them to walk free again.

So if he is charged with murder I hope the DT does use this same mistake strategy often used.

CE cases are the easiest to follow, and imo, the evidence amassed by trial time will be overwhelming against him no matter how much the DT tries to blame the victim for their own death.

Most all jurors are reasonable minded people, and recognize more than ever before the deceptive games DTs play.

In the end Savannah, and her loving shattered family will receive justice for her murder. Imo.

Jmho

Last edited:
An accidental overdose. Do you know no drugs were involved? Doesn't have to be narcotics could be the combination of a drug and alcohol caused a fatal reaction. Also these men or one of them could have given Savannah a drug and she didn't know they had put it in her drink. Maybe she died from some kind of accident where she fell or even natural causes. Young people have strokes, heart attacks etc. If illegal drugs were being used by any of these men or Savannah I could see someone or all panicking and wanting to hide what happened. I could even see the nice guy David is portrayed to be, being afraid of his family finding out they had a woman at his home and she died there. I think if a person hid a body as time passed they may be more afraid of coming forward and saying they disposed of the body. I think it's extremely odd she was buried in David's parents backyard and only 19 inches deep and that seems to be what someone who was in a panicked state of mind would do. Just giving an opinion on how this may not have been a murder. Maybe manslaughter or an accident and even natural causes. I don't know all of the evidence and if I did I may be saying murder too.

Maybe aliens came down and tried to abduct her and young hero David fought them off but SS was mortally wounded in the battle. The US government showed up and wanted to keep the lid on things and forced him to bury her. You could go on any case and say "maybe this" "maybe that" but what's it rooted in?

I honestly dont understand , and find it rather ironic when some say that other posters seem to want Savannah to be a murder victim, but then turn around, and prematurely assume somehow it was an accidental overdose.

Imo, the circumstances surrounding Savannah's disappearance, and subsequently found dead, and bound... certainly points far more to foul play than an accident.

Like I posted previously due to the first months of frigid cold weather it may have helped to slow the decomposition stages. Imo, the ME will learn much from Savannah's body including if she was bound before or near death. If it was afterwards then there wouldn't be any underlying bruising to the tissue.

And really why would it be necessary to bind Savannah after dead who was a small petite woman? He easily could remove her body right by himself without any binding.

Can anyone show me any accidental death where the body was found bound inside a grave or bound no matter where the body was found? TIA

Just using common sense, and logic the way the victim was found leans far more to foul play being involved than it does accidental.

Also, imo, the investigators already by now know the blood found in a closet was not blood from having twins. Labs are able to discern the difference. They will present their evidence to the GJ, and will not do so publicly for there is no need to do so since the public being informed is irrelevant.

None of Savannah's blood should have been found anywhere in his home, but it's even more alarming it wasn't found on a bathroom toilet seat, but instead inside of his closet.

Why would Savannah willingly be inside his closet bleeding? Imo, she wasn't willingly inside of his home at that point. How far up was the blood found? Was it blood spatter perhaps he failed to cleanup?

In many states only a GJ can indict on the top charge of first degree murder. This state may be the same.IDRK. Imo, this is going to windup with him being charged with murder. This was no accident, and even with the little we know now points to foul play.

Will the DT blame, and victim bash the murder victim? Absolutely, that has become common place unfortunately in many cases.

What is not common place thankfully are jurors buying the toxic koolaid the DT wants them to drink.

What it winds up doing when DTs victim blame is highly insult the intelligence of the jurors who are perfectly capable of looking at all the evidence themselves, and it ticks them off that the DT dared to blame the victim trying to get their murdering client off wanting them to walk free again.

So if he is charged with murder I hope the DT does use this same mistake strategy often used.

CE cases are the easiest to follow, and imo, the evidence amassed by trial time will be overwhelming against him no matter how much the DT tries to blame the victim for their own death.

Most all jurors are reasonable minded people, and recognize more than ever before the deceptive games DTs play.

In the end Savannah, and her loving shattered family will receive justice for her murder. Imo.

Jmho

It seems to me you are prematurely going with murder. Can you tell me why you think David would tape her ankles together to murder her and waht was his motive for murdering her? I posted taped after death because he's a deer hunter and was told hunters tape the legs together after killing a dear to transport it. How do you know putting a 140 pound body in a plastic garbage bag would be easy? Several garbage bags at that. My understanding is when you die you go very limp so I would assume your arms and legs would flop. I have a difficult time double sacking just my kitchen garbage. A small amount of blood was found on the closet door. They didn't tell us if chemicals had been used on the door and thought more blood had been cleaned up. If she was highly intoxicated when having sex with the man she was seen arm in arm with she wouldn't have gotten up to use the restroom and if like I suspect it was an overdose she may have just lost consciousness and laid there and died. So therefore no blood left in the bathroom after sex. Many ways a small amount of her blood could have been left on the bedroom closet door. It seems she died in the bedroom, naked and was on a bedroom rug at some time. David disposed of this rug along with her body. He may have disposed of or washed sheets etc off of the bed. Yes this may have been a brutal murder but it also could have been an overdose of drugs that took her life. Also if it was rape of course the Defense will bring up what else took place that evening and morning and most likely Savannah's lifestyle. Also it could be they won't be able to determine what caused her death and make a charge for murder. Maybe end up being inconclusive.

I would much rather see this as an accident than a murder where many more lives are going to be affected in a horrible way. Justice doesn't always help the loved ones of a victim feel better and many times the Justice served isn't satisfying to many involved. Short sentencing at times, plea deals etc. I want to see Justice served if this is murder or not accidental but we don't know at this time why Savannah lost her life and an accident seems more likely to me with all the information I have gathered from this case. If I knew what the prosecution knows I may be saying definitely murder but I don't know what they know. David is innocent until being proven guilty in a court of law.

Maybe aliens came down and tried to abduct her and young hero David fought them off but SS was mortally wounded in the battle. The US government showed up and wanted to keep the lid on things and forced him to bury her. You could go on any case and say "maybe this" "maybe that" but what's it rooted in?

I used the information I already know about this case to form my opinions.

It seems to me you are prematurely going with murder. Can you tell me why you think David would tape her ankles together to murder her and waht was his motive for murdering her? I posted taped after death because he's a deer hunter and was told hunters tape the legs together after killing a dear to transport it. How do you know putting a 140 pound body in a plastic garbage bag would be easy? Several garbage bags at that. My understanding is when you die you go very limp so I would assume your arms and legs would flop. I have a difficult time double sacking just my kitchen garbage. A small amount of blood was found on the closet door. They didn't tell us if chemicals had been used on the door and thought more blood had been cleaned up. If she was highly intoxicated when having sex with the man she was seen arm in arm with she wouldn't have gotten up to use the restroom and if like I suspect it was an overdose she may have just lost consciousness and laid there and died. So therefore no blood left in the bathroom after sex. Many ways a small amount of her blood could have been left on the bedroom closet door. It seems she died in the bedroom, naked and was on a bedroom rug at some time. David disposed of this rug along with her body. He may have disposed of or washed sheets etc off of the bed. Yes this may have been a brutal murder but it also could have been an overdose of drugs that took her life. Also if it was rape of course the Defense will bring up what else took place that evening and morning and most likely Savannah's lifestyle. Also it could be they won't be able to determine what caused her death and make a charge for murder. Maybe end up being inconclusive.

I would much rather see this as an accident than a murder where many more lives are going to be affected in a horrible way. Justice doesn't always help the loved ones of a victim feel better and many times the Justice served isn't satisfying to many involved. Short sentencing at times, plea deals etc. I want to see Justice served if this is murder or not accidental but we don't know at this time why Savannah lost her life and an accident seems more likely to me with all the information I have gathered from this case. If I knew what the prosecution knows I may be saying definitely murder but I don't know what they know. David is innocent until being proven guilty in a court of law.

Seems like you're conveniently using every piece of evidence that could suggest foul play and turning it into some inconvenient accident. OHHH she just happened to be bleeding on the closet, but wait, she's also somewhere else in the room dying and it just so happens to be ON THE RUG THAT"S MISSING! Gee, that's sure convenient. If this was all so accidental, why is he IMMEDIATELY cleaning up and texting his sister so he can go buy a replacement rug? Sorry, but people don't go out of their way to hide evidence and lie about people "leaving late at night" even though the neighbor's security camera shows her going in and never coming out again. Yeah, sure, David's innocent in a court of law but Websleuths is not a court of law. We are all allowed to take a look at the evidence and come up with our own opinions and conclusions, especially in terms of a suspect's potential guilt. OJ Simpson was proven not guilty in a court of law ... does that mean Nicole's death was an accident?

Thanks for your reply.

If, in your scenario, "she died by no fault of his own", that's not murder, and an autopsy would prove that, IMO.

Now, if he woke up and panicked, at some point in the prolonged cover-up attempt (it takes time to dig a shallow grave and shop for a replacement rug), he had to have sobered up and had reality set in.

If it truly was accidental/natural, why all the subterfuge?
I

If he blacked out (can't remember) from being highly intoxicated, when he woke up and found her dead, he could have thought he was responsible and then tried covering it up.

JMO

Seems like you're conveniently using every piece of evidence that could suggest foul play and turning it into some inconvenient accident. OHHH she just happened to be bleeding on the closet, but wait, she's also somewhere else in the room dying and it just so happens to be ON THE RUG THAT"S MISSING! Gee, that's sure convenient. If this was all so accidental, why is he IMMEDIATELY cleaning up and texting his sister so he can go buy a replacement rug? Sorry, but people don't go out of their way to hide evidence and lie about people "leaving late at night" even though the neighbor's security camera shows her going in and never coming out again. Yeah, sure, David's innocent in a court of law but Websleuths is not a court of law. We are all allowed to take a look at the evidence and come up with our own opinions and conclusions, especially in terms of a suspect's potential guilt. OJ Simpson was proven not guilty in a court of law ... does that mean Nicole's death was an accident?

Thank you.

I'm not trying to convince anyone what caused SSs death. I absolutely do believe more points to foul play.

All I do know is this case is to be presented to the GJ on 8 14th with a possible indictment handed down on the 16th from the news articles I've read.

Imo, a prosecutor does not go to a GJ to present evidence of an accidental overdose. They only do so when they believe they have evidence proving a crime has been committed. It's in the GJ where the ME will testify as to what was discovered. Imo.

I do believe an indictment will be handed down, and imo, it will be for a murder charge, and possibly kidnapping. IDK how this state law states about what constitutes kidnapping, but many state laws it applies if at anytime a victim is held against their will.

The body may have been to degraded to charge him with rape if that ocurred also.

Jmho

Last edited:
It wouldn't be the killers backyard if David is the guilty party, it would be the killers parents backyard. He moved to his parents home about a week or longer after Jan 4th I think Something like that. It is said he moved back to their home because someone had tried to run him off of the road so after her being missing and the three men identified to the public.

He moved back in with his parents, so it was his backyard, too, and it is the same backyard where Savannah was buried.

JMO, if people were truly out to get him, moving into his parents house would accomplish one thing and that would be to also endanger his parents' lives.

Thank you.

I'm not trying to convince anyone what caused SSs death. I absolutley believe more points to foul play.

All I do know is this case is to be presented to the GJ on 8 14th with a possible indictment handed down on the 16th from the news articles I've read.

Imo, a prosecutor does not go to a GJ to present evidence of an accidental overdose. They only do so when they believe they have evidence proving a crime has been committed. It's in the GJ where the ME will testify as to what was discovered. Imo.

I do believe an indictment will be handed down, and imo, it will be for a murder charge, and/or possibly kidnapping. IDK how this state law states about what constitutes kidnapping, but many state laws it applies if at anytime a victim is held against their will.

Jmho

Thank you, I truly thought you were trying to convince everyone she was murdered.

I also think he's guilty of the charges he now is facing and that the Grand Jury will indict. I have no idea what that autopsy and toxicology test will show and also have no idea if murder charges will be added. I do know the murder charges can be brought up in a later charge if they aren't when the GJ meets.

Something I haven't said is they have enver told us the items found and I wondered if a murder weapon was found. Probably not but maybe.

He moved back in with his parents, so it was his backyard, too, and it is the same backyard where Savannah was buried.

JMO, if people were truly out to get him, moving into his parents house would accomplish one thing and that would be to also endanger his parents' lives.

It wouldn't have been his backyard when he buried her there and it's been said he made the decision to move back to his parents home because of a threat to his life.

I agree it was a horrible thing to do in burying her on his parents property but it was a horrible thing to do to hide her death. I've just considered numerous possibilities for why he did what he did.

There is actually no proof what so ever that savannah actually used drugs and there still isn't. A dui could of been drink. She could of been drinking a lot as was going through a rough patch in life. She went to a bar and her mum said she was intoxicated, still could be drink. It is highly insulting for people to keep bringing up an overdose tbh. Savannah did not look like a heavy drug user at all. Also this just does not look like an accident. I don't know why people keep trying to pretend it does. If this was a differnet woman who went missing from somewhere else ie not a bar and was found in a shallow grave naked with her feet bound then would you be so quick to say it was an accident? People drink, and they don't normally wind up dead in a shallow grave after a night out. We don't have any proof that savannah was involved in any other substances.

And MAYBE he killed her. Until it's determined how Savannah died and that information is made public we can only speculate as what MAYBE happened.

One thing I do know is there was no evidence found during the initial autopsy to suggest Savannah was murdered. If there was old David would be charged with a lot more than he is at this point.

JMO

No I haven't conveniently turned anything around on purpose. I have ran different scenarios through my mind on why this happened and an overdose is possible when I consider all I know about this case. I've been following and researching this case for a long time now.

"I posted taped after death because he's a deer hunter and was told hunters tape the legs together after killing a dear to transport it."

Was DS ever known to bury the bodies of the deer that he killed? I highly doubt it, because the deer was of use after it had been killed for the meat, and also the hide.

Yes this may have been a brutal murder but it also could have been an overdose of drugs that took her life. Also if it was rape of course the Defense will bring up what else took place that evening and morning and most likely Savannah's lifestyle. Also it could be they won't be able to determine what caused her death and make a charge for murder. Maybe end up being inconclusive.
SFSBM

If this was a brutal murder there would have been evidence of that seen during the initial autopsy. Which apparently there wasn't because we would have heard about it by now. If the ME is waiting on toxicology reports to determine the cause and manner of death, chances are the death was related to an overdose or some other unseen by the naked eye cause.

JMO

No I haven't conveniently turned anything around on purpose. I have ran different scenarios through my mind on why this happened and an overdose is possible when I consider all I know about this case. I've been following and researching this case for a long time now.
Should add because of more you said

She could have had sex in David's bed with the man she left the bar with that morning. She was arm in arm with him and she was found naked which may point to she was involved in sex close to when she died. She dies in bed from an overdose of drugs and alcohol. An OD can take hours to end up killing a person. The man she had sex with leaves with his friend to go back to Lexington without her, even though she needed a ride back. Why, because she couldn't be roused. David later checks on her, sees she is dead, he pulls her off of the bed onto the rug in front of the closet door and hides her in the closet or bags her and puts her in his closet. Possibly he pulled her off in the sheets and puts all in the closet until he knows where he's going to bury her. The small speck of blood is transferred to the closet door off of the sheets or his hand, arm or off of Savannah herself. Just one theory I have of many that could have caused her death. If he killed her and his violence caused the blood could be the same actions taken to bag her and dispose of her.

There is actually no proof what so ever that savannah actually used drugs and there still isn't. A dui could of been drink. She could of been drinking a lot as was going through a rough patch in life. She went to a bar and her mum said she was intoxicated, still could be drink. It is highly insulting for people to keep bringing up an overdose tbh. Savannah did not look like a heavy drug user at all. Also this just does not look like an accident. I don't know why people keep trying to pretend it does. If this was a differnet woman who went missing from somewhere else ie not a bar and was found in a shallow grave naked with her feet bound then would you be so quick to say it was an accident? People drink, and they don't normally wind up dead in a shallow grave after a night out. We don't have any proof that savannah was involved in any other substances.

Thank you for this, I was just about to post something similar. I think so many people underestimate how intoxicating alcohol can be and that it causes blackouts, impaired judgement, lowering of inhibitions, and passing out. It might be a legal drug, but it's still a drug. In addition, if Savannah had been a partier before and this was her first night out since the twins were born, she likely underestimated her tolerance and also maybe she just really wanted a fun night out, never anticipating that running into someone with bad intentions. Young people think they're invincible, and in a small town maybe you feel you "know" everyone in some way or another.

I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that this was some sort of accident and someone panicked. Circumstances, statistics, and common sense all point to this being the much more common scenario of an escalation and murder, then coverup. If someone can point me to some statistics or links to real life cases were an accidental death resulted in the innocent, panicked person who just happened to be nearby perpetrating a coverup that included burying a body so well LE missed it after a detailed search, trash bags and duct tape involved, replacing rugs, etc. than please do enlighten me. In the cases I've personally known about involving accidental overdose, there is no burial, moving, or coverup of evidence. 9 times out of 10, LE is called because the person wasn't responsible.

That said, I don't think this was premeditated. My personal theory is that DS wanted sex, and Savannah said no because it was too soon after birth. He got angry and things escalated. I'm going to go with strangulation as the potential cause of death.

It wouldn't have been his backyard when he buried her there and it's been said he made the decision to move back to his parents home because of a threat to his life.

I agree it was a horrible thing to do in burying her on his parents property but it was a horrible thing to do to hide her death. I've just considered numerous possibilities for why he did what he did.

Do you have a source you can post about the threat to DS's life, or is this a rumor? I've not heard this before.

Also, imo, the investigators already by now know the blood found in a closet was not blood from having twins. Labs are able to discern the difference. They will present all of their evidence to the GJ, and will not do so publicly for there is no need to do so since the public being informed is irrelevant.

None of Savannah's blood should have been found anywhere in his home, but it's even more alarming it wasn't found on a bathroom toilet seat, but instead his closet.

Why would Savannah willingly be inside his closet bleeding? Imo, she wasn't willingly inside of his home at that point. How far up was the blood found? Was it blood spatter perhaps he failed to cleanup? Specific location of any blood found belonging to the victim is of vital importance, and forensically revealing.

Jmho

I also feel Savannah and her family will receive justice, but I'm afraid that attempts will be made to try to blame Savannah for her own death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist