Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Looking at only what we know so far, DS is charged with an inhumane, cold blooded act of burying Savannah in an unnatural position, naked and bound. His current charges show me he is a monster. Yes, a monster. I’m afraid it’s much worse than we even know so far.

The full truth will come out. The truth we have so far points already to his guilt, and lack of respect and decency.

Last edited by a moderator:
And shipping tape was used.

Don't you think it's highly possible the bags she was buried in were taped shut? The main reason I could find for her not decomposing more than what I would think, would be the plastic slowed down decomp and it would need to be airtight to do that. Shipping tape would be a good way to seal those bags air tight and if he used the shipping tape to seal the bags he could have used it too to secure her feet to keep her legs from moving around when fitting her into the garbage bags.

It could be all three men secured her feet so she couldn't get away, raped her and murdered her or could be David did this all by himself. Could be this isn't about sex but some other motive was why she was killed and also restrained. I agree the shipping tape could have been used so that she couldn't run away but why not tape her hands and mouth too? Also why would you leave the tape on her feet when you buried her 19 inches deep and were trying to hide a brutal murder?

Here are other examples of murder victims with their “feet bound.” I think the average person understands that when your ankles are bound, your feet are also bound together by proximity. It is fairly common to state that the feet, not the ankles, were bound. I assume none of these women had bound their own feet to prevent blisters.

Likewise, when they state they were bound by the hands, they most likely mean they were bound at the wrists.

Court documents reveal woman's body found with hands and feet bound following Thief River Falls fire | Grand Forks Herald

Murdered woman found bound in suitcase identified

Calif. Woman's Mansion Death Was Ruled a Suicide 8 Years Ago — But Family Believes It Was Murder

I don't think the average person knows how detectives describe all evidence involved in a crime. People that follow murder cases may very well know this but not the average person.Thing is a lot of people don't ask a lot of questions and some are convinced easier than others.

I am not a person who has followed a lot of murder cases and paid attention to how Law Enforcement words their evidence found. I learned something new today and appreciate your help.

I don't think the average person know how detectives describe all evidence involved in a crime. People that follow murder cases may very well know this but not the average person.Thing is a lot of people don't ask a lot of questions and some are convinced easier than others.

I am not a person who has followed a lot of murder cases and paid attention to how Law Enforcement words their evidence found. I learned something new today and appreciate your help.
I’m not even saying I think this is specifically how LE describes binding. I actually think regular people might describe wrists and ankles bound as hands and feet bound. The reason is simple. The end result of binding wrists and ankles is to immobilize hands and feet. You are not disabling the wrists so much, as the hands. You are not so much aiming to immobilize the ankles as the feet. We fight and run with our hands and feet. Therefore, most people actually think and would say, “hands and feet bound” if they saw someone with wrists and ankles bound - IMO.

ETA - I know Savannah’s hands/wrists were not found bound. I am only discussing this aspect in relation to the language we use when describing binding. I hope I don’t start any confusion. Many of the cases I linked to had both wrists and ankles bound but all were referred to as having hands and feet bound. I’m trying to point out that subtleties exist in our language and taking detectives’ sentences apart will not always get to the truth.

Don't you think it's highly possible the bags she was buried in were taped shut? The main reason I could find for her not decomposing more than what I would think, would be the plastic slowed down decomp and it would need to be airtight to do that. Shipping tape would be a good way to seal those bags air tight and if he used the shipping tape to seal the bags he could have used it too to secure her feet to keep her legs from moving around when fitting her into the garbage bags.

It could be all three men secured her feet so she couldn't get away, raped her and murdered her or could be David did this all by himself. Could be this isn't about sex but some other motive was why she was killed and also restrained. I agree the shipping tape could have been used so that she couldn't run away but why not tape her hands and mouth too? Also why would you leave the tape on her feet when you buried her 19 inches deep and were trying to hide a brutal murder?

If a person's feet are bound, is it really necessary to also bind their hands and put tape over their mouth in order to render them unable to defend themselves?

Not sure why he would bother trying to remove the tape from her feet before he buried her. Savannah was thrown away as if she was trash and my guess is he didn't think her body would ever be found.

JMO

I have found that when one must bend over backwards, parse words and nitpick semantics to try to find someone innocent of every single circumstance that appears sinister, we are perhaps reaching way too far. Savannah was found with tape indicating her feet were bound - they might not have been bound to each other - perhaps her legs were spread apart and feet bound to bedposts? Sometimes it makes sense to take a step back and look at the forest, not every individual tree. Savannah ended up dead and buried in his parents' backyard, the likelihood that she placed the tape on herself...really, I can't even.

However, since we are all awaiting any murder charges or autopsy results, everyone is entitled to their own opinion in defense of DS, I suppose. I just prefer to use common sense to draw some inferences.

If I were a juror for a trial making a decision on murder I would hope the jurors would reach far and ask every question needed to know if the suspect on trial was innocent or guilty. I would not want to convict someone of a murder just because I felt some of the evidence seemed sinister and yes I would nitpick. I would want to look at every individual tree before I would convict a person of a cold blooded murder.

If a person's feet are bound, is it really necessary to also bind their hands and put tape over their mouth in order to render them unable to defend themselves?

Not sure why he would bother trying to remove the tape from her feet before he buried her. Savannah was thrown away as if she was trash and my guess is he didn't think her body would ever be found.

JMO

Yes I would think it would be a great idea to bind their hands and mouth too. It seems David had no wounds on his body, fists, etc. If Savannah's hands were free and he was hurting her it's highly possible she would fight back. I hope the Police checked him out when they talked to him, I think on the Jan 8th. I would assume they did and he had no wounds, bruising of his fists etc.

These three murders you posted doesn't clear up my questions on how I would come to the conclusion Savannah was being restrained when just her feet were bound. The articles do tell me the detective may be saying her feet were bound in a way where she couldn't walk and that may very well be what he was saying but I question it.

The articles you posted have helped me understand this is a description used by detectives and thank you for sharing this. Let me give all of this some more thought. Still having a problem because her hands and mouth were free.

Well generally people have their feet bound in an attempt to restrain or prevent them from moving. Why would she be putting packing tape on her own legs? Planning on sending herself via USPS but she tripped and fell into his parents' yard before she had the chance?

If I were a juror for a trial making a decision on murder I would hope the jurors would reach far and ask every question needed to know if the suspect on trial was innocent or guilty. I would not want to convict someone of a murder just because I felt some of the evidence seemed sinister and yes I would nitpick. I would want to look at every individual tree before I would convict a person of a cold blooded murder.

We are not a jury. A jury will have much more information and will see the photos of the binding. However, we can use common sense to deduce certain things like the fact that a detective is not going to randomly tell us how Savannah prevented blisters.

Not sure if we should read anything into the use of the word feet instead of ankles? Google is our friend and can show us how detectives speak about binding and how the media reports it.

ADMIN NOTE:

To be absolutely clear and to keep the record straight, there is nothing to support the speculation that Samantha was involved with drugs or that they are involved in her death.

Please move on from discussion of overdoses and such drug related information.

ADMIN NOTE:

To be absolutely clear and to keep the record straight, there is nothing to support the speculation that Samantha was involved with drugs or that they are involved in her death.

Is it possible to just pin this to the first page of every new thread since it’s something that has to be said so often?

ADMIN NOTE:

Could I have a ruling on if overdosing due to Alcohol can be discussed?

1. Savannah had been charged with a DUI in the months prior to her disappearance.
  2. Savannah was known to be out at a bar drinking the night she disappeared.
  3. Savannah's mother made the statement that Savannah was very intoxicated while talking with her on a Facetime call on the morning of Savannah's disappearance.
  4. Daily Mail has made the claim that a video exits that showed Savannah was intoxicated to the point that it was like she couldn't speak English.
I think that enough evidence to support the fact that Savannah was a person known to drink alcohol and she was perhaps intoxicated to the point that she may have overdosed from Alcohol on the night or morning in question which could have contributed to or solely caused her death.

Alcohol Overdose: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms

Yes I would think it would be a great idea to bind their hands and mouth too. It seems David had no wounds on his body, fists, etc. If Savannah's hands were free and he was hurting her it's highly possible she would fight back. I hope the Police checked him out when they talked to him, I think on the Jan 8th. I would assume they did and he had no wounds, bruising of his fists etc.
Has this been reported in MSM about DS? I have read nothing but perhaps I missed it ?

Has this been reported in MSM about DS? I have read nothing but perhaps I missed it ?

Not that I'm aware of. I don't think we know anything really about DS's physical condition in the days following her disappearance, specifically from the interviews early on. It might be a little presumptuous to assume we know anything about what wounds he did or did not have. I've followed a lot of different cases throughout the state, and it's pretty standard for investigators to release very little information. It seems to remain that way up until the trial process. Obviously, it's to protect the case. Unfortunately, it has a tendency to encourage people to assume things that aren't necessarily true, just because certain facts haven't been made available to the public.

Could I have a ruling on if overdosing due to Alcohol can be discussed?
  1. Savannah had been charged with a DUI in the months prior to her disappearance.
  2. Savannah was known to be out at a bar drinking the night she disappeared.
  3. Savannah's mother made the statement that Savannah was very intoxicated while talking with her on a Facetime call on the morning of Savannah's disappearance.
  4. Daily Mail has made the claim that a video exits that showed Savannah was intoxicated to the point that it was like she couldn't speak English.
I think that enough evidence to support the fact that Savannah was a person known to drink alcohol and she was perhaps intoxicated to the point that she may have overdosed from Alcohol on the night or morning in question which could have contributed to or solely caused her death.

Alcohol Overdose: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms

NO at this point because the only MSM that references that is the Daily Mail with no named sources. It is very strange that no other MSM has picked it up and followed up on it.

I also note in the DM article, there is another neighbour who claims to have heard screams coming from Spark's home the night Savannah was there.

If one believes that she was coherent when she spoke with her mother AND the men subsequently took a video where she was incoherent AND that screams were heard, coupled with blood in a closet, <modsnip: see note below *>, and the fact that Savannah was found buried in garbage bags in the back yard with her feet bound, it would be stretching it to attribute COD to an alcohol overdose.

With a view to remaining victim friendly, it does seem like an attempt to overlook the obvious and somehow make the victim responsible for her own death.

It is not victim friendly and at this time alcohol overdose is off the table.

* NOTE: My apologies. I had erred in saying there was blood on a carpet. That was misinformation and I have removed that reference.

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Her mother said she was intoxicated. Bringing it up is not victim blaming. jmo If she was murdered, her condition had no bearing on it. But discussing what she & the 3 guys did after drinking is okay. jmo

NO at this point because the only MSM that references that is the Daily Mail with no named sources. It is very strange that no other MSM has picked it up and followed up on it.

I also note in the DM article, there is another neighbour who claims to have heard screams coming from Spark's home the night Savannah was there.

If one believes that she was coherent when she spoke with her mother AND the men subsequently took a video where she was incoherent AND that screams were heard, coupled with blood in a closet, <modsnip: see note below *>, and the fact that Savannah was found buried in garbage bags in the back yard with her feet bound, it would be stretching it to attribute COD to an alcohol overdose.

With a view to remaining victim friendly, it does seem like an attempt to overlook the obvious and somehow make the victim responsible for her own death.

It is not victim friendly and at this time alcohol overdose is off the table.

* NOTE: My apologies. I had erred in saying there was blood on a carpet. That was misinformation and I have removed that reference.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm saving this in case it needs to be alluded back to in future posts.

The amount of alcohol you drink does have an impact on your choices and decisions. It's not an opinion it's a fact. Going to some strangers house in the morning isnt the most sound decision because she was most likely impaired by the amount of alcohol in her system. I doubt she would have made the same decision if she was sober but you never would expect something like murder to happen.

Life is hard. We can be fine one moment then the next not.

I will be so glad when the GJ meets about DPs case.

I still believe the reason for the delay is LE is uncovering much more damaging evidence against him to bring additional charges.

Imo, the assumptions against Savannah who is the victim has no place here.

Once the GJ meets, and indictments are handed down it will show how badly Savannah was victimized by DP, and possibly by others who took advantage of her while knowing she was in a vulnerable state, but didn't give a da*n.

Until then, my thoughts, and prayers remain with Marie, and all who loves Savannah.

May justice be served for every single illegal act that was done to this dead young mother who had her entire life before her until she wound up thrown in a grave, bound, and naked by DP.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member