GUILTY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Savannah Spurlock murder suspect's case is delayed

Posted: Fri 6:47 PM, Jan 03, 2020
Prosecutors told the court on Friday they needed more time to present evidence to Sparks' attorney.

His next court hearing is March 6th.
[.....]
No new information about the case has been released since the indictment in August.

Why do they need 60 days to give his attorney the evidence? Just hand it to them. Unless you don't have it.

I think it said the prosecutors needed more time to get the evidence and study it. It isn't unusual for a trial to start more than a year or so after a murder. Not here anyway.

I'm not questioning the amount of time it takes to go to trial. The article said, unless we are reading different articles, the prosecution needed the additional time to give the defense their evidence. The prosecution should have had the evidence when they charged him. If they give the defense the info near the end of the 60 days, the defense will need time to study it. The trial could be a long way off. I doubt that the prosecution needs more time to give the defense the info. I think they need more time for themselves to gather evidence which tells me their case might not be that strong. jmo

I'm not questioning the amount of time it takes to go to trial. The article said, unless we are reading different articles, the prosecution needed the additional time to give the defense their evidence. The prosecution should have had the evidence when they charged him. If they give the defense the info near the end of the 60 days, the defense will need time to study it. The trial could be a long way off. I doubt that the prosecution needs more time to give the defense the info. I think they need more time for themselves to gather evidence which tells me their case might not be that strong. jmo
Could be as I am no expert on the fine points of law. I may have misunderstood as well. Personally, I don't see how he can get a fair trial anywhere in central Ky. My opinion and all that. The emotional responses in here surprised me and I can only imagine what they are like where SS and DS are from.

Hey all; Savannah’s Aunt here. The Status hearing for tomorrow has been rescheduled for most likely April 3. Savannah’s parents were told it would probably take a year for the pre-trial phase. The wheels of justice turn slowly.

Hey all; Savannah’s Aunt here. The Status hearing for tomorrow has been rescheduled for most likely April 3. Savannah’s parents were told it would probably take a year for the pre-trial phase. The wheels of justice turn slowly.

Thank you for the update. Disappointing, but not surprising. It's unbelievable and unfair how long these things take. Continued healing and prayers to you and your family.

Disappointing to hear this but it's not unusual. Prayers and healing thoughts to you and the family. Stay strong, the crew here are all with you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back