Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I read there is another girl missing named Sarah Kelly? I can’t find any information for anyone with this name missing, but I’m reading that there could be a connection between her and Savannah? An anymous tip led the search to a lake today...

So I read there is another girl missing named Sarah Kelly? I can’t find any information for anyone with this name missing, but I’m reading that there could be a connection between her and Savannah? An anymous tip led the search to a lake today...
Where and when did Sarah Kelly go missing? I haven’t heard of her disappearance.

Where did you read this? Just a quick Google search didn't pull up any recent info.

That’s weird. I haven’t been able to find anything about it. It looks like there are some people looking for a girl by that name in Ohio. I haven’t heard anything about it.

Was it confirmed that the car she was in belonged to one of the men last seen with her? I assumed he was one of the 3 that the police spoke with but I could be wrong. Sorry I think I missed the mention of a missing car.

No it hasn’t. The only thing I’ve noticed different has been her last location details on the missing poster.

Where did you read about Sarah Kelly?

If you Google Sarah Kelly Missing you will see she was found safe.

Yeah there are multiple Sarah Kellys who went missing in the past couple of years and were found (NC, NH, DC, and UK) but I assumed OP was talking about an incident that was happening now and was in Kentucky, but maybe not or maybe I'm just missing it.

I think the FaceTime to her mom at 2 AM is so strange. I guess the mom could have woke up and when she wasn’t home yet she reached out so ST figured it was cool to call so late.. but if my mom gets a call from me at 2 AM something utterly tragic has happened. I think it’s possible she was feeling very vulnerable and that’s why she wanted her mom to see the other faces in the car. These stories are the most terrifying imo.

Also, where is the companion who went out with her that night? Why was that so hushush and why isn’t that person appealing for help finding their friend?

From LEX 18, January 9 2019:

Authorities said Wednesday morning that police identified and spoke with three men who were last seen with a missing Richmond woman. Richmond Police say that Garrard County Police questioned the men seen leaving a Lexington bar Jan. 4 with 22-year-old Savannah Spurlock.

Authorities said an off-duty Garrard County Police officer spotted the black Chevrolet S-10 pickup that a white man was seen leaving the area of The Other Bar, 319 S. Limestone. Spurlock was seen in the company of the white man and an African-American man.

Officer Evan Preston was off-duty but working in private security when he spotted the pickup Tuesday night along Kentucky Highway 52 in Paint Lick, officials said. The truck had one headlight out, which gave police probable cause to make the stop. One man was inside the truck at the time. “And as soon as I got back up there the second time, he immediately mentioned to me that this was the truck that they were looking for in Lexington, and that he was the person they were questioning. That he was actually on the way to Richmond to make a voluntary statement,” said Officer Preston. Officer Preston followed the man to the Richmond Police Department, and officials later said investigators questioned three men in relation to the case.

“That was a relief. Finally maybe I’ll get some answers of where she is now,” said Ellen Spurlock, Savannah’s mother. But at this point, no charges have been filed and Savannah is still missing.

So these presumably are two of the three males who were in the car with Savannah that night, plus the white male who went off in another car. What exactly did they say about the last time they saw Savannah, and what about the other female in the car - why hasn't she been questioned yet?

Her mom mentioned the call so casually I just assumed she was already up or something. Maybe she was anticipating it. I thought choosing to FaceTime was strange bc a text would suffice if it was just an "omw home" kind of update. But then again I'm not the video calling type anyway.

Otherwise why promise and reassure somebody you'd definitely do something?

I think FaceTime is an age thing, myself....it's not my thing. But, other than texts and SnapChat, my 16 & 20 year old daughters literally ONLY FaceTime.

edited by me

I think FaceTime is an age thing, myself....it's not my thing. But, other than texts and SnapChat, my 16 & 20 year old daughters literally ONLY FaceTime.

edited by me
Since she mainly uses FaceTime, would you ever expect to get a FaceTime call from your 20year old at 2am? Or would that be alarming? My oldest is 5 years old, so I seriously don't know (and am not ready to think about it! :)

Since she mainly uses FaceTime, would you ever expect to get a FaceTime call from your 20year old at 2am? Or would that be alarming? My oldest is 5 years old, so I seriously don't know (and am not ready to think about it! :)

OMG yes.... I could totally see the situation happening where I would text my 20 year asking where she was and she FaceTimed me back (if she was legal drinking/bar age) instead of texting back. Young adults are odd like that. It's kind of like how they post videos of themselves and friends out drinking or partying.

(and BTW....5 was my fav age....enjoy it!!!!)

From LEX 18, January 9 2019:

Authorities said Wednesday morning that police identified and spoke with three men who were last seen with a missing Richmond woman. Richmond Police say that Garrard County Police questioned the men seen leaving a Lexington bar Jan. 4 with 22-year-old Savannah Spurlock.

Authorities said an off-duty Garrard County Police officer spotted the black Chevrolet S-10 pickup that a white man was seen leaving the area of The Other Bar, 319 S. Limestone. Spurlock was seen in the company of the white man and an African-American man.

Officer Evan Preston was off-duty but working in private security when he spotted the pickup Tuesday night along Kentucky Highway 52 in Paint Lick, officials said. The truck had one headlight out, which gave police probable cause to make the stop. One man was inside the truck at the time. “And as soon as I got back up there the second time, he immediately mentioned to me that this was the truck that they were looking for in Lexington, and that he was the person they were questioning. That he was actually on the way to Richmond to make a voluntary statement,” said Officer Preston. Officer Preston followed the man to the Richmond Police Department, and officials later said investigators questioned three men in relation to the case.

“That was a relief. Finally maybe I’ll get some answers of where she is now,” said Ellen Spurlock, Savannah’s mother. But at this point, no charges have been filed and Savannah is still missing.

So these presumably are two of the three males who were in the car with Savannah that night, plus the white male who went off in another car. What exactly did they say about the last time they saw Savannah, and what about the other female in the car - why hasn't she been questioned yet?

There are updated missing posters out and they state she was last seen with three black males. In one of the articles I linked, it mentions the guy in the truck being pulled over alone, and the questioning led them to two other males which accounts for the three that is being quoted. That’s all LE has released though.

I am confused. The three men ( one white, two black) who were seen with her on foot outside the bar and who have been questioned by LE, are they the same three people in the car when she called her mother later that night? The ones who were making so much noise.

I am confused. The three men ( one white, two black) who were seen with her on foot outside the bar and who have been questioned by LE, are they the same three people in the car when she called her mother later that night? The ones who were making so much noise.
From what I have gathered, 1 or 2 might be, but the other female who has been there doesn't seem to be mentioned. MOO

From what I have gathered, 1 or 2 might be, but the other female who has been there doesn't seem to be mentioned. MOO

To add to the confusion- they three men who were questioned were all black. There’s no mention of a white guy. When the pics first came out, I kind of thought maybe the guy with the longer hair was mixed or maybe real light skinned.

KSP keeps things pretty close to the vest. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s another couple wks before they really release anything significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3