Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Running away from your friends and family and children because of a DUI seems pretty excessive.

If she had an etg/drug test the next day (or 3), in Colorado that is an automatic bond violation for testing hot with a possible nine month mandatory sentence in jail. I am unclear on the laws in this state, but the possibility of being away from your children and potentially losing custody makes people do dumb stuff...I've seen it. I assume she was on mandatory testing if it is like Colorado.It is an absolute must to stay sober on bond here.

ETA: spelling

Wow. Ok. We know all this. Relax.

How is making a simple statement that women sometimes make bad decisions and end up in bad situations victim blaming? It’s the truth. I did some really stupid things in my youth and am lucky I’m still here to tell about it.
You and me both! I still shudder about decisions made and why I am still alive! What a stupid woman I was!

If she had an etg/drug test the next day (or 3), in Colorado that is an automatic bond violation for testing hot with a possible nine month mandatory sentence in jail. I am unclear on the laws in this state, but the possibility of being away from your children and potentially losing custody makes people do dumb stuff...I've seen it. I assume she was on mandatory testing if it is like Colorado.It is an absolute must to stay sober on bond here.

ETA: spelling

If her conditions are anything like my friend's (who is currently going through an aggravated DUI charge), then there is no testing required. Of course her situation may be different as she may have been arrested with drugs in her system.

But if it was just alcohol then her bond probably wouldn't require testing.

A few years ago we had a case here up in Lexington where a young man first went missing and then was later found dead in the river (in a barrel if I am remembering correctly). From the public's point of view, it didn't look like they had anything on the case. We got very few updates. Then, suddenly, there was an arrest. It turned out that LE knew who was responsible from the beginning and was basically keeping it quiet so that the guys didn't get tipped off. They'd already made a run for another country, so they were paranoid enough as it was.

Point being, our detectives around here are sometimes more savvy than it appears. One of our local missing cases (Brookelyn Farthing) hasn't had any justice yet, but IMO that's less because of LE not knowing who did it and more because there isn't any good proof.

Ohhh are you talking about the guy who disappeared from his apartment? His car and every thing was still there?

I agree with every thing you’ve said. KSP, especially, keeps every thing pretty close to the vest. They’ve done the same thing in Crystal Rogers case. It’s frustrating, but they’re very capable.

Ah thank you for clarifying about KY. All DUIs are required monitoring on bond in the state of Colorado. No exceptions, aggravated or not. So then that's probably not the reason she is missing, because it wouldn't matter to the judge.

Ah thank you for clarifying about KY. All DUIs are required monitoring on bond in the state of Colorado. No exceptions, aggravated or not. So then that's probably not the reason she is missing, because it wouldn't matter to the judge.

I think the way they do it in Colorado is way more efficient than here. I know they sometimes have some kind of monitoring for DUI’s. It’s usually after multiple offenses. Since she hadn’t even been actually convicted of anything yet- she wouldn’t have been given any type of sentence. It would’ve been her second appearance so she would’ve either had it moved to another date to work out some type of plea, or taken a plea that day.

It’s very possible she could’ve ended up having some type of random testing done down the line after being sentenced, especially if it was for something other than alcohol.

I think the way they do it in Colorado is way more efficient than here. I know they sometimes have some kind of monitoring for DUI’s. It’s usually after multiple offenses. Since she hadn’t even been actually convicted of anything yet- she wouldn’t have been given any type of sentence. It would’ve been her second appearance so she would’ve either had it moved to another date to work out some type of plea, or taken a plea that day.

It’s very possible she could’ve ended up having some type of random testing done down the line after being sentenced, especially if it was for something other than alcohol.
Question you probably can't answer unless you're LE - anyway how does it work if you get a DUI in a state you aren't a resident in? I remember my ex having a DUI in New Jersey and not being allowed to drive there, but it not affecting his driver's licence in Pennsylvania. It's possible he lied so much I really stopped caring. If he was telling the truth is that a thing lol?

Question you probably can't answer unless you're LE - anyway how does it work if you get a DUI in a state you aren't a resident in? I remember my ex having a DUI in New Jersey and not being allowed to drive there, but it not affecting his driver's licence in Pennsylvania. It's possible he lied so much I really stopped caring. If he was telling the truth is that a thing lol?

Sounds like basically every ex boyfriend I’ve ever had. In Texas it’s automatic 6 month semi-suspension of license where you may only drive to work from this hour to that hour or you violate, no booze and AA classes and community hours and fines out the wazoo. Plus you have to file for the SR-22 auto insurance which was well over 200.00 a month in 2015 when my friend got her first.

I looked it up because It’s not something I ever thought of. It looks like most states now report to the home state if you get a DUI in a state you don’t reside in. It looks like there’s a multi state database. It also said that not ALL states meccessarily participate so it’s very possible he was telling the truth lol

I looked it up because It’s not something I ever thought of. It looks like most states now report to the home state if you get a DUI in a state you don’t reside in. It looks like there’s a multi state database. It also said that not ALL states meccessarily participate so it’s very possible he was telling the truth lol
There is always a first time for everything lol. NJ was closer to him than most of PA. He kept saying he couldn't drive in Jersey because of a DUI. He usually just drove without a license in any state at least for most of the time I knew him.

Sounds like basically every ex boyfriend I’ve ever had. In Texas it’s automatic 6 month semi-suspension of license where you may only drive to work from this hour to that hour or you violate, no booze and AA classes and community hours and fines out the wazoo. Plus you have to file for the SR-22 auto insurance which was well over 200.00 a month in 2015 when my friend got her first.
My ex actually intimidated an insurance agent into giving him a rental car when his car was scratched (probably on purpose). She had no clue he painted cars for a living. His cars would disappear. He did shady things that I'm not sure how he got away with.

Ohhh are you talking about the guy who disappeared from his apartment? His car and every thing was still there?

I agree with every thing you’ve said. KSP, especially, keeps every thing pretty close to the vest. They’ve done the same thing in Crystal Rogers case. It’s frustrating, but they’re very capable.

Yes, that's the man. Alex Johnson. In that particular case, it was reported that he'd been on the phone with his girlfriend and someone knocked on his door. That's all that was reported. After his killers were taken into custody, LE stated that they'd had the killers name from the beginning. Apparently, when they knocked on his door, he'd called them by name to his girlfriend on the other end of the line. This was information that was kept from the public at the time. I am hoping that there's something similar going on here.

We might be a bunch of small towns in a state that doesn't always get a lot of attention, but our LE is much better than they sometimes get credit for. The Crystal Johnson case is another good example.

Yes, that's the man. Alex Johnson. In that particular case, it was reported that he'd been on the phone with his girlfriend and someone knocked on his door. That's all that was reported. After his killers were taken into custody, LE stated that they'd had the killers name from the beginning. Apparently, when they knocked on his door, he'd called them by name to his girlfriend on the other end of the line. This was information that was kept from the public at the time. I am hoping that there's something similar going on here.

We might be a bunch of small towns in a state that doesn't always get a lot of attention, but our LE is much better than they sometimes get credit for. The Crystal Johnson case is another good example.

I couldn’t remember his name for anything! It was probably so difficult for his gf to keep that quiet. Lately, the stuff in Bardstown has gotten some publicity and I think it’s done a little bit of a disservice. On one hand, it gets the story out but it’s not always 100% factual. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that these shows on tv strive for good ratings so they can be a little slanted or misleading. After oxygen did the special on the different cases in Bardstown, they kind of painted our LE departments in a worse light than what’s true. The show definitely kind of sank their teeth into the drama of every thing and left out a LOT of really important, but very boring, facts.

KSP is definitely capable, along with Richmond PD in regards to investigating Savannah’s disappearance. Thankfully her mom acted pretty fast in getting her name out there and contacting LE.

I couldn’t remember his name for anything! It was probably so difficult for his gf to keep that quiet. Lately, the stuff in Bardstown has gotten some publicity and I think it’s done a little bit of a disservice. On one hand, it gets the story out but it’s not always 100% factual. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that these shows on tv strive for good ratings so they can be a little slanted or misleading. After oxygen did the special on the different cases in Bardstown, they kind of painted our LE departments in a worse light than what’s true. The show definitely kind of sank their teeth into the drama of every thing and left out a LOT of really important, but very boring, facts.

KSP is definitely capable, along with Richmond PD in regards to investigating Savannah’s disappearance. Thankfully her mom acted pretty fast in getting her name out there and contacting LE.

Yeah, I feel like I am constantly providing damage control to my non-KY friends whose only introduction to some of these cases is through television programs. On the one hand, it's good to get the attention and publicity. On the other hand, as unbiased as they try to be, they never quite manage to tell the whole story.

And I bet that not only was it hard for Johnson's girlfriend to keep quiet, I bet she was scared to death. If LE or MSM had announced that she'd been on the other end of the line and had heard the guys' names, she'd have been a target.

BBM, IMO those 2 sentences next to each other, contradict each other.
I don't agree. I have taught my daughters AND my son to be vigilant, have their cell phones on when walking to their cars at night after work, to not go alone hiking or nine thousand other scenarios, never get in another man's/woman's car that you don't know. Fight like hell, have mace ready and other things. Even then, people are attacked by ex spouses, boyfriends/girlfriends, co- workers, former friends, strangers, etc.

I totally agree with anonypotomous- you have to make your loved ones aware of the dangers out there to try and prevent dangerous things from happening to them. No one deserves to be attacked, female or male, but unfortunately, it happens. I don't think one person on here disagrees with what you are saying- but let's be realistic- these things happen more and more today than I can ever remember growing up. It is a scary world out there. Preparing our kids to stay safe or protect themselves as best as they can is the best thing we can do for them, because unfortunately, we can't hold their hands forever or protect them when they are out and about.

We need to teach the kids common sense. Whether or not they use it, is out of our hands. We can only hope and pray that they stay vigilant and safe. It doesn't matter who you are in life, how much money you make, where you live. Danger is sadly, everywhere. We only need to check this page every day to see that.

I just watched the 48 Hours 2-part special on Hannah Graham. Every time I hear about her story I am reminded of the number of people who saw her inebriated that night, even commented on how Matthews was going to "____her up" because she was so drunk, and didn't step in to help. If the couple who'd passed them on the sidewalk and said, "Dude, you don't even know her" had stepped in...If the person who saw them at the bar and said, "He's going to ____her up" had stepped in. If the guy who passed Matthews trying to get HG into his car, to her refusal, had said something...

I am not saying that it's ANY of those people's faults at all. Only one person is responsible for her death and that's Jesse Matthews. Still. In addition to being aware of your surroundings and making smart decisions, it doesn't hurt to keep your eye out for others who may not be in shape to make the best decisions. Offering to call someone for them, to get them a cab, to walk them to their car...It only takes a minute and it might save someone from assault or worse.

I don't agree. I have taught my daughters AND my son to be vigilant, have their cell phones on when walking to their cars at night after work, to not go alone hiking or nine thousand other scenarios, never get in another man's/woman's car that you don't know. Fight like hell, have mace ready and other things. Even then, people are attacked by ex spouses, boyfriends/girlfriends, co- workers, former friends, strangers, etc.

I totally agree with anonypotomous- you have to make your loved ones aware of the dangers out there to try and prevent dangerous things from happening to them. No one deserves to be attacked, female or male, but unfortunately, it happens. I don't think one person on here disagrees with what you are saying- but let's be realistic- these things happen more and more today than I can ever remember growing up. It is a scary world out there. Preparing our kids to stay safe or protect themselves as best as they can is the best thing we can do for them, because unfortunately, we can't hold their hands forever or protect them when they are out and about.

We need to teach the kids common sense. Whether or not they use it, is out of our hands. We can only hope and pray that they stay vigilant and safe. It doesn't matter who you are in life, how much money you make, where you live. Danger is sadly, everywhere. We only need to check this page every day to see that.
This. So much this. My husband and I were just talking to our 5 year old about what to do if she was ever grabbed by a stranger or was uncomfortable with someone. As she and our other kids get older, more age appropriate lessons will be taught. It is awful that we have to teach our kids this, but there are some really scary people out there and it is always better for kids to be prepared. MOO

Really hoping Savannah is found soon! I always get nervous with the quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024