Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can cut off all human contact, put on a suit of armor, watch the news every night and lock your door 6 times, then get crushed under your fridge in a freak accident. I think shooting yourself full of heroin, or driving away in a car on a stormy night while heavily intoxicated, or going to meet what you know is a guy 20 years your senior who wants to take you away to your new life in Mexico are things in you control that can lead to death. Going to party with some friends on a weekend and ending up murdered (if that is what happened) is hardly something in your control or the common outcome of something so innocuous. It wasn't for Christina Morris and it wasn't for Savannah IMO. I can't tell you how many times I've done the same thing. I'm choosing not to hold her kids against her simply because at 22, you're still a kid yourself.

<modsnip - telling others how to post> The lack of news really has me wondering if le has made any real progress in the case.

I'm not familiar with the local LE enough to speak on their general approach to these types of cases. But the lack of news doesn't really worry me just yet.

I think they're keeping their cards close rather than not making progress. Hope so anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not familiar with the local LE enough to speak on their general approach to these types of cases. But the lack of news doesn't really worry me just yet.

I think they're keeping their cards close rather than not making progress. Hope so anyway.
I've been looking on MSM and haven't seen much other than LE interviewed the 2 men seen with her leaving the bar.

I just read on the Missing Person's Website Open FB page for SS that it is still considered "an active investigation, several police departments, Kentucky State Police and FBI are involved". This was posted 2 days ago.

I'm new to this one. After bars parties tend to feature a lot of drugs. It's possible that she overdosed. That's all I can think of. I find it difficult to imagine young men killing her. For what purpose?

I just read on the Missing Person's Website Open FB page for SS that it is still considered "an active investigation, several police departments, Kentucky State Police and FBI are involved". This was posted 2 days ago.

Oh, I expect this to remain open/active until she’s found.
IMO, from being out & about, the community at large is not interested. Maybe in Richmond/Madison county, there’s more interest. Idk
Where I’ve been in LA ( Lexington Area) no one seems concerned. Jmo

Inside Edition covering SS now

Oh, I expect this to remain open/active until she’s found.
IMO, from being out & about, the community at large is not interested. Maybe in Richmond/Madison county, there’s more interest. Idk
Where I’ve been in LA ( Lexington Area) no one seems concerned. Jmo

Inside Edition covering SS now
Anything new revealed.

Anything new revealed.

No. Transcript should be available later.
IMO, Lexington is progressive, usually on top of things. When I’m in Lex, I struggle to find anyone that even remembers the name, SS.

Do you know if there has been any information released about the vehicle they towed in connection to the people LE spoke to?

They haven’t released anything else about the vehicle since the day of the search. The only thing they’ve really said about the search was that the house belonged to the parents of one of the guys she was seen with. I know the name of the guy is out there, but until it’s in MSM- I’m not saying it lol.

<modsnip - telling others how to post> The lack of news really has me wondering if le has made any real progress in the case.

The lack of information being released is pretty typical of KSP. If they were begging for tips and putting a reward out- I’d be a lot more concerned. I have a feeling they know what’s happened- but they have to find her. Otherwise, if something bad has happened, SS’s case is going to go the same route as Crystal Roger’s. It’ll kind of hang in the ether until they can physically find her. If they continue having trouble locating her, they’ll typically start putting more information out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to this one. After bars parties tend to feature a lot of drugs. It's possible that she overdosed. That's all I can think of. I find it difficult to imagine young men killing her. For what purpose?
BBM
There are hundreds if not thousands of missing young women killed all the time in situations just like this....take Hannah Graham for example. What would the purpose be for anyone to murder? I'm not following your statement here??

Drugs/overdosing, alcohol poisoning, post partum depression, run away, accident, suicide, any one of these could be a possibility in her disappearance. I just don't think we have enough info to rule anything out at this point unfortunately.

IMO

They haven’t released anything else about the vehicle since the day of the search. The only thing they’ve really said about the search was that the house belonged to the parents of one of the guys she was seen with. I know the name of the guy is out there, but until it’s in MSM- I’m not saying it lol.

Ditto. I thought it’d be in msm, by now.

Ditto. I thought it’d be in msm, by now.

I’m glad it’s not though since it’s not positive whether he had anything to do with it yet. I think once they process the car, LE will probably release some more information. If they find something, they’ll probably start dropping the names.

I appreciate this sites TOS bc they do try to reinforce the privacy and rights of those involved, whether directly or peripherally. I’ve noticed some of the other SM groups have been doing a better job of discouraging doxxing and going “real life.” People we’re starting to get a little carried away and contacting people they really shouldn’t have been contacting. It’s irresponsible and it can hurt LE’s process of investigations.

Absolutely true that one can do some things to lessen the chances of harm. That isn't the issue here IMO.

A young mother is missing and this is a victim friendly site, so with these things and some compassion in mind, it would be nice to focus on the facts of the case.
Absolutely! And I'm glad Trish requires that people here treat the victim of a crime or a missing person as a victim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18