Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People judge victims and decide if they are "worthy" of sympathy and concern. One reason is the denial mechanism that has folks convinced if they never do any thing "wrong" or "risky" they are immune from being a crime victim. The other really insidious belief (with female victims) is that of course men are going to abuse and kill women,that's a given- so women must do everything right or become a victim and if they don't do everything right they share responsibility for their own victimization. I'm old now and I really don't do anything careless or silly anymore ,but I was a young girl once and I did "dumb" and naive things -I never deserved brutality then or now.

People judge victims and decide if they are "worthy" of sympathy and concern. One reason is the denial mechanism that has folks convinced if they never do any thing "wrong" or "risky" they are immune from being a crime victim. The other really insidious belief (with female victims) is that of course men are going to abuse and kill women,that's a given- so women must do everything right or become a victim and if they don't do everything right they share responsibility for their own victimization. I'm old now and I really don't do anything careless or silly anymore ,but I was a young girl once and I did "dumb" and naive things -I never deserved brutality then or now.

The criminalization of men is a real problem. Men can't be around children, they can't be trusted around women, they can't be trusted with the internet. All men are now equally viewed, if not as predators, as potential predators. Just for being men. As if every man has the same capability and constitution.

Woman are also expected to diligently repel all attempts at harm, with the assumption that they're under constant threat. Cover your drink, lock your car doors at stop signs, never meet men from dating apps, carry weapons, learn self defense.

It's pretty pathetic that people focus so narrowly on these minor factors that don't really contribute to anything. Savannah could have ten DUIs and 10 kids by 10 fathers. That doesn't lessen her human worth. Moreover, it doesn't negate the damage her death would have on her friends and family. And people with no kids or arrests don't have elevated human worth. They aren't owed a better life for having a more socially approved life.

And thinking otherwise, in my opinion, is foolish.

Haven’t been posting lately but have been following this case. What you say is so true. I wonder why it is that the victim’s actions seem to be more important for people to rip apart than the fact that she’s in real danger?

I finally commented out of sheer frustration at what I was seeing. Something like - I don’t care what choices she made. She had a right to come home safely and whoever took that from her is 100% the one to blame.

They’re covering the victim shaming in a blanket they refer to as “speculation.” Lol but they’re not speculating- they’re gossiping and it’s borderline dangerous. People were contacting a man that had a name similar to something a medium had mentioned...a MEDIUM. Not an actual member of law enforcement but some random lady who had some YouTube videos. People were sending messages and requests to the man related to the warrant that was served. Furthermore, they were contacting HIS family members. That’s the kind of stuff that give these types of discussion forums a bad name. If it’s not acceptable to approach any of these people in real life, face to face, don’t do it online. That’s how people’s lives get ruined.

One other thing that’s driving me crazy is how upset people are getting because the whole investigation isn’t being made public (not on this forum). Like every other similar investigation, KSP is releasing tid bits of info. That’s normal. Her family have also released a little bit of information. Because things are confusing to some following the case, they instantly jump to the whole thing being some kind of cover up by the family and friends. None of the information that LE has uncovered is anyone else’s business. It’s normal for people to be interested and invested in her well being but it isn’t owed to us. At this point, every thing coming out is confusing because it’s a puzzle with missing pieces.

Her mother didn't expect her home until morning (daylight I assume). Has her mother said where she was expected to be? I could be wrong, but I thought in her moms facetime statement which I can no longer find, she told her mom she would be home in an hour.

Her mother didn't expect her home until morning (daylight I assume). Has her mother said where she was expected to be? I could be wrong, but I thought in her moms facetime statement which I can no longer find, she told her mom she would be home in an hour.
I thought t was a couple of hours.

I think she just figured she would be home by morning time. I linked the videos in one of the first few pages. It was still up as of last night bc I went back to listen to it for something

This is a very wise post, thank you.

SS is missing, that is all that should matter. This young woman is a mother of 4 small babies that need and love her, somebody's daughter, cousin, friend, etc.

We don't know the story of her life and her situation, nor is it my place to judge her decision making. I hope she can be located safe and reunited with her children.

Waiting for more details to come out.

Just thinkin' on this some more. SS vanished between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. I first heard about this case around the 9th. I didn't realize at that point that she'd been missing for five days. Either I missed a lot of news, or, it wasn't really in the news much, until then. I've seen clips/posters/updates everywhere now. I don't think they took it all that seriously, until only recently (after all, she is an adult, and is allowed to disappear).
  • On the night of Thursday, Jan. 3, SS left her/Mom's home, in her Mom’s car, with a female friend.
  • The females stopped at a male friend’s house, in Lexington, and together the three got into a different car, bound for a bar in Lexington. SS and a friend, ends up at "The Other Bar" in Lexington. Her friend left, but SS decided to stay. The Other Bar does not close til 2:30 a.m.
  • SS, an AA male, and a Cauc male, were spotted on security cameras at Good Samaritan Parking Structure at 2:24 a.m.
  • SS's Mom said; Around 3 a.m., SS FaceTimed her from the front seat of a moving car, driven by a male, with two people in the back seat, (a guy and a girl). The people in the backseat were hollering at S's Mom. SS told her she would be home in the morning.
  • SS's Mom says she called SS’s phone around 8.a.m. on Jan. 4; the call went straight to voicemail, though, something that immediately caused her to worry.
  • It's been told to LE that she was taken to a home in G.C.; The individuals who said that they took her to a home in Garrard, said that she left there, on foot. A home was searched, on Fall Lick Road, and a vehicle was seized.
  • A search was also performed around Cedar Creek Lake in Stanford, Ky (Lincoln County). The article reflects Lancaster (Garrard County) but that's incorrect.
  • Madison County/Richmond police, with assistance from Kentucky State Police, is taking the lead on the case.
  • The search area could be very broad, with lots of farmland, water sources, and wooded areas; Madison (her home), Fayette (The Other Bar), Lincoln (Cedar Creek Lake), & Garrard (Those interviewed live in GC), and, Jessamine could be a potential search site.

The photo shows the counties involved.

Missing Kentucky mom's ex-boyfriend, mother shed light on disappearance

Police: Richmond woman missing, last seen at Lexington bar

Police search Garrard County home in missing woman case

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Friends-gather-Saturday-to-search-for--504291391.html

Attachments

• FallLickPerkinsSS2.jpg
    FallLickPerkinsSS2.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 22
What happened to the friends she was out with??? Why would anyone leave a friend - esp one who is drinking?

It’s been reported in articles that the friend wanted to leave and SS didnt. I’m sure she feels enough guilt on her own. I know her family and friends didn’t recognize the guys but it’s not been confirmed. She could have easily had a separate friend group. I know I had friends, especially at that age, that my parents or other real close friends didn’t know about. It really wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out that she was acquainted with them in some way.

Following this case. I could not agree more re victim shaming/blaming and putting the onus on women to prevent (as if you could) their own rape/murder. It’s the hallmark of rape culture.

I shudder to think about the dumb things I did at 22. I cannot imagine being a mom at that age. She is a human being with a full life ahead of her to make mistakes and learn and mature. I’m afraid that opportunity that life offers each of us has been stolen from her. And that is WRONG. #justiceforsavannah

It’s been reported in articles that the friend wanted to leave and SS didnt. I’m sure she feels enough guilt on her own. I know her family and friends didn’t recognize the guys but it’s not been confirmed. She could have easily had a separate friend group. I know I had friends, especially at that age, that my parents or other real close friends didn’t know about. It really wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out that she was acquainted with them in some way.

I always imagined her not wanting to leave bc she was chatting up the guys in the video. IMO she looks very chummy with the one fell, maybe even linked arms? I guess that’s why I assumed she stayed bc of those lads specifically. I guess she could have been inebriated and he was helping her not fall. I fall when I’m hammered and she’s in heels I believe.

Just thinkin' on this some more. SS vanished between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. I first heard about this case around the 9th. I didn't realize at that point that she'd been missing for five days. Either I missed a lot of news, or, it wasn't really in the news much, until then. I've seen clips/posters/updates everywhere now. I don't think they took it all that seriously, until only recently (after all, she is an adult, and is allowed to disappear).
  • On the night of Thursday, Jan. 3, SS left her/Mom's home, in her Mom’s car, with a female friend.
  • The females stopped at a male friend’s house, in Lexington, and together the three got into a different car, bound for a bar in Lexington. SS and a friend, ends up at "The Other Bar" in Lexington. Her friend left, but SS decided to stay. The Other Bar does not close til 2:30 a.m.
  • SS, an AA male, and a Cauc male, were spotted on security cameras at Good Samaritan Parking Structure at 2:24 a.m.
  • SS's Mom said; Around 3 a.m., SS FaceTimed her from the front seat of a moving car, driven by a male, with two people in the back seat, (a guy and a girl). The people in the backseat were hollering at S's Mom. SS told her she would be home in the morning.
  • SS's Mom says she called SS’s phone around 8.a.m. on Jan. 4; the call went straight to voicemail, though, something that immediately caused her to worry.
  • It's been told to LE that she was taken to a home in G.C.; The individuals who said that they took her to a home in Garrard, said that she left there, on foot. A home was searched, on Fall Lick Road, and a vehicle was seized.
  • A search was also performed around Cedar Creek Lake in Stanford, Ky (Lincoln County). The article reflects Lancaster (Garrard County) but that's incorrect.
  • Madison County/Richmond police, with assistance from Kentucky State Police, is taking the lead on the case.
  • The search area could be very broad, with lots of farmland, water sources, and wooded areas; Madison (her home), Fayette (The Other Bar), Lincoln (Cedar Creek Lake), & Garrard (Those interviewed live in GC), and, Jessamine could be a potential search site.

The photo shows the counties involved.

Missing Kentucky mom's ex-boyfriend, mother shed light on disappearance

Police: Richmond woman missing, last seen at Lexington bar

Police search Garrard County home in missing woman case

Friends gather Sunday to continue search for Savannah Spurlock
Thank you so much for the detailed timeline. She's been gone a long time, I'm very worried for her.

I always imagined her not wanting to leave bc she was chatting up the guys in the video. IMO she looks very chummy with the one fell, maybe even linked arms? I guess that’s why I assumed she stayed bc of those lads specifically. I guess she could have been inebriated and he was helping her not fall. I fall when I’m hammered and she’s in heels I believe.

I've been concerned that they were using, and something bad happened, and whoever she was with, at the time, panicked... ODs are not uncommon in the region.

Thank you so much for the detailed timeline. She's been gone a long time, I'm very worried for her.

You're welcome. I was having trouble keeping it all strait, so thought I'd share w/the group. :) I'm really hoping she's done something dumb, and is just embarrassed to come home now. I do worry about that "left on foot" part. :oops:

Police serve search warrant in Savannah Spurlock case

"RICHMOND, Ky. (WDRB) -- Investigators looking for clues about a missing mother executed a search warrant at a Kentucky home on Tuesday.

WKYT reports that Richmond Police searched a house in Garrard County, but they did not disclose what they were looking for. The home at Perkins Lane and Fall Lick Road belongs to the parents of one of two men Savannah Spurlock was last seen with. Police seized a car from the property.

he 22-year-old mother of four was last seen on surveillance video leaving a Lexington bar with the two men on Jan. 4. Police tracked down and questioned the men along with another person, but all three were later released...."

Police serve search warrant in Savannah Spurlock case
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298