Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Kentucky mom's ex-boyfriend, mother shed light on disappearance

[...]

The missing mom's ex-boyfriend and mother spoke to FOX News to shed some light on the disappearance that so far, police have been tight lipped about.

Shaquille Smith, 27, said he knows the names of the two men Spurlock was seen leaving the bar with, but is not disclosing them to protect the investigation. FOX 56 reported that a home was searched Tuesday in connection to the case.

Smith, who told FOX News he has 7-week-old twins and a 2-year-old son with Spurlock, said he believes the men are "out-of-towners."

[...]

Missing Kentucky mom's ex-boyfriend, mother shed light on disappearance

[...]

The missing mom's ex-boyfriend and mother spoke to FOX News to shed some light on the disappearance that so far, police have been tight lipped about.

Shaquille Smith, 27, said he knows the names of the two men Spurlock was seen leaving the bar with, but is not disclosing them to protect the investigation. FOX 56 reported that a home was searched Tuesday in connection to the case.

Smith, who told FOX News he has 7-week-old twins and a 2-year-old son with Spurlock, said he believes the men are "out-of-towners."

[...]

Interesting that her ex would know the names of these "out-of-towners."

Last edited:
I think he knows the names bc LE has disclosed their names to the family. That’s how I interpreted the article
I would think LE asked her closest friends and family if they knew these people she left with and asked them to go through her papers to see if there is any mention of them. So I have no doubt that her ex could know their names but never know them personally.

She would need an ID to get past the door though. I definitely still get ID’d at the door if I go out in Lexington or Louisville.
Maybe. If they knew her or her group, idk. Not every pub cards every person.
Since you’re a local, let me ask, are you noticing a lack of interest in SS? I sure do.
This morning, I was at SB, saw a cpl guys in their 20’s on their laptops. I asked them if there was new news. One shrugged his shoulder, the other “oh, her”. WTH?

Since you’re a local, let me ask, are you noticing a lack of interest in SS? I sure do.
This morning, I was at SB, saw a cpl guys in their 20’s on their laptops. I asked them if there was new news. One shrugged his shoulder, the other “oh, her”. WTH?

I can, as a local, saythat my whole workplace (a bank) is talking about it. I work with people from Richmond, some of them have loose connections to her. So it's a big story right now.

Unfortunately it's a lot of negative attention about her being a mom of four at 22 and out partying and stuff.

"The investigation into the disappearance of 22-year-old Savannah Spurlock led detectives Tuesday to a Garrard County home, where one of the two men she was last seen with lives, news station WDRB reported."

I know there were several questions upthread about whether the man lived with his parents at the search location. Apparently he does.

I can, as a local, saythat my whole workplace (a bank) is talking about it. I work with people from Richmond, some of them have loose connections to her. So it's a big story right now.

Unfortunately it's a lot of negative attention about her being a mom of four at 22 and out partying and stuff.
That's sad to hear. I hope that doesn't taint the turnouts for any searches. It seems that the media loses interest quickly when the victim isn't "perfect" and the media is so important in missing persons cases. :(

So sad, and bbm that shouldn't matter :/ moo

I’m pretty sure “the other bar” cards at the door. ABC has gotten really strict the past few years. I got turned away once bc my ID was expired. I didn’t even realize it needed to be renewed lol.

My group of people have been talking about it. I know her family is trying to preserve her reputation, understandably so, but people are really kind of coming down hard on her. There’s not the same buzz surround her disappearance as there was when Crystal Rogers disappeared but I think that also has a lot to do with the push from Crystals family.

I think Savannah’s family is putting a lot of trust in the investigation and they’ve probably been told what to say and not to say.

That's sad to hear. I hope that doesn't taint the turnouts for any searches. It seems that the media loses interest quickly when the victim isn't "perfect" and the media is so important in missing persons cases. :(

This is so true. I think that’s why families try really hard to preserve the victims reputation (understandably). I don’t think she’s been tarnished in the media yet- they’ve been crucifying her on SM though :(

We judge ourselves by our intentions, but we judge others by their actions.

It's unfortunate but I think people find it easier to accept the reality that people get murdered and kidnapped and tortured if they think that they're exempt from it. And the only way to do that is to say "oh, she's the type to have all these kids and she parties and she leaves with men. I'd never do that." Now they're separate from it. Because they think those actions almost justify the result, or at least make sense in context. But none of that stuff matters. All kinds of people are victims. That's what is truly scary to me.

This is so true. I think that’s why families try really hard to preserve the victims reputation (understandably). I don’t think she’s been tarnished in the media yet- they’ve been crucifying her on SM though :(

Haven’t been posting lately but have been following this case. What you say is so true. I wonder why it is that the victim’s actions seem to be more important for people to rip apart than the fact that she’s in real danger?

I finally commented out of sheer frustration at what I was seeing. Something like - I don’t care what choices she made. She had a right to come home safely and whoever took that from her is 100% the one to blame.

Haven’t been posting lately but have been following this case. What you say is so true. I wonder why it is that the victim’s actions seem to be more important for people to rip apart than the fact that she’s in real danger?

I finally said something out of sheer frustration at what I was seeing. I don’t care what choices she made. She had a right to come home safely and whoever took that from her is 100% the one to blame.

I think it has to do with how we collectively define "victim." People see victims as an entirely innocent person being wronged. But people don't like to think about the moral or ethical implications of saying victims can be bad people, or people that have made mistakes, or people that are marginalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298