Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in court recently to drive a friend home. He had to surrender his license before trial! In Fayette county. It was his first offense. His ppwk shows 45 day minimum suspension. He had no atty and isn’t contesting the charge. Basically, an attys can’t help. Moo. The state transportation dept. determines the penalty.

In Massachusettts, if you refuse to take the test, they will immediately take your license and impound your car.

Thank you! I was trying to sort this out, wondering what happened to her friends that she went with originally. I mean, her Mom's car was at one of their houses, so you would think she would have wanted a ride back there to retrieve her Mom's car before she went home. I wonder if that is why they towed that car from that guy's house- maybe he was driving her to her friends and they had a fight along the way?

Her Mom's car was probably minutes away, but, the boys she left with, were from Garrard County. From downtown Lex, that time of night, it would take a good hour, to 1:15 minutes, to get to where the car was towed away. She called her mom, on facetime, at 3:00 a.m., and told her that she wouldn't be coming home. Her mom said she was very intoxicated. that's the last her mom heard from her.

Oh, it may make a dif’ if the dui suspect takes blood test or refuses.
All I’m familiar with refused & that is automatic assumption of guilt, I THINK and license is pulled pre-trial. I know a few people cut off guard at arraignment by the instant suspension. Jmo

Her Mom's car was probably minutes away, but, the boys she left with, were from Garrard County. From downtown Lex, that time of night, it would take a good hour, to 1:15 minutes, to get to where the car was towed away. She called her mom, on facetime, at 3:00 a.m., and told her that she wouldn't be coming home. Her mom said she was very intoxicated. that's the last her mom heard from her.

I am smh they did not get stopped for suspected DUI. So many LE out & about.

They can’t take your license until you’re guilty. The soonest they would’ve revoked her license would’ve been at the hearing she missed and that’s only if she had hired an attorney. Otherwise, she would’ve been appointed an atty at that hearing.
Wow! I'm shocked somebody just arrested for DUI can still legally drive in KY. In my state, LE seizes the license (revocation) places the driver in cuffs and hauls them to jail for booking. If there is no one available to drive the car, it is towed.

Thanks for the clarification.
JMO

You don't lose your license before you've even been arraigned though. She would have had to have been charged and found guilty, or plead guilty. A good friend of mine is going through an aggravated DUI charge now. She was arrested back in August or so and STILL hasn't been sentenced. And she took a plea deal. So she's still driving. This stuff takes a long time to finalize.

Thank you! It was an empty threat, but I took him seriously!! :D

Wow! I'm shocked somebody just arrested for DUI can still legally drive in KY. In my state, LE seizes the license (revocation) places the driver in cuffs and hauls them to jail for booking. If there is no one available to drive the car, it is towed.

JMO

No problem. They end up getting their license revoked but not until they’ve gone through the court process. Since it was aggravated, it would’ve been revoked and there would be time on the table.

No problem. They end up getting their license revoked but not until they’ve gone through the court process. Since it was aggravated, it would’ve been revoked and there would be time on the table.

Yea, you’re correct & most DUIs are aggravated or enhanced. LE learns to add factors. Someone always has the tag light out, failed to signal, swerved, or.......
Best to stay home, imo.

Last edited:

JMO

She was pulled over, blew over the limit and arrested. Her car was towed. But she hadn't lost her license because she hasn't been sentenced.

For those of you that have never been to an arraignment, you might be surprised to find that they're done in massive groups. For petty crimes like this a judge will see dozens of people rapid fire. Nearly everyone is either pleading not guilty and setting a future court date, or pleading guilty with instant sentencing.

For more petty crimes like first offense DUIs, the prosecution is there and the judge explains that they can just plead guilty right then and be spentenced on the spot.

In my friend's case, she plead not guilty and so she wasn't setenced.

Yea, you’re correct & most DUIs are aggravated, LE learns to add factors. Someone always has the tag light out, failed to signal, swerved, or.......
Best to stay home, imo.

Those aren’t aggravating circumstances. I posted a link to aggravating circumstances and RSD posted the actual list. They’re blowing x amount above the limit, speeding x amount the limit, having a kid under the age of 12 in the car and refusal to submit a sample

Reactions: byo
We don’t even know how much (or even if) the men she was with were drinking. One could have very well been the DD.

Yes. I said for “suspected” DUI. I live in the area, I’m out a lot. IMO, LE stops a lot of vehicles. They call them in as suspected DUI. A person might be speeding, texting or something that causes them to look suspicious, imo.

Yea, you’re correct & most DUIs are aggravated, LE learns to add factors. Someone always has the tag light out, failed to signal, swerved, or.......
Best to stay home, imo.

Which is a bunch of crap, if you ask me.

Edit well on second though I guess they can't really "add" anything that isn't already there. It's sort of a "it is or it isn't" type of situation.

In Massachusettts, if you refuse to take the test, they will immediately take your license and impound your car.
That's true in Illinois as well. And even if the case is thrown out by the judge for lack of evidence, the state still requires a breath lock device on the car for one year. My son just went through this.

JMO

Those aren’t aggravating circumstances. I posted a link to aggravating circumstances and RSD posted the actual list. They’re blowing x amount above the limit, speeding x amount the limit, having a kid under the age of 12 in the car and refusal to submit a sample

We call them enhanced, actually.
I’m so concerned the Polar Vortex is going to bring things to a screeching halt.
I still want to believe SS is out here, okay, that things got out of hand & she is afraid she’s in big trouble.

I thought she told her mom she would be home. I wonder how much searching has been done between downtown Lex and Garrard County where the white car was towed from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova