Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We call them enhanced, actually.
I’m so concerned the Polar Vortex is going to bring things to a screeching halt.
I still want to believe SS is out here, okay, that things got out of hand & she is afraid she’s in big trouble.

Yeh I just checked the weather and we might get lucky and only have a couple days of crappy weather. It’s not going to warm up a LOT but it looks like it’s going to be in the 50s later this week.

I had my first baby at 19.

I can’t imagine 4 of them by 22.

This woman had 4 kids. Even if the Dad(s) helped at times, trying to work, take care of multiple kids, carry on any sort of relationships/friendship.

You’re also constantly caught between wanting to be a normal young person and be a responsible parent.

She is young and has energy. We don’t know that she wasn’t with her kids all week 24/7 and then their Dad took them for a day so she could have a night off.

I went out when I was her age and my son was safe.

Anyone here who is a Mom knows we need time too. We are more than just a Mom.

Anyway, I don’t think Savannah is alive.

This is an amazing post! You made so many great points.:)

That's true in Illinois as well. And even if the case is thrown out by the judge for lack of evidence, the state still requires a breath lock device on the car for one year. My son just went through this.

JMO

It really wasn’t until the last 15 years that Ky started treating DUI’s more serious. I think adding more requirements after the initial license suspension and dui classes would be a really good idea. It’s so easy to get a DUI in these areas of the state bc you’re having to cross from dry counties to wet counties and then back to dry counties. It almost encourages driving under the influence. You don’t think about the consequences as much when you’re younger.

In regards to Savannah, it’s not even for sure that she was pulled over for drinking. There could’ve been other factors. Usually they’ll put details in the small local papers of arrests made through the week. Her picture was published with the charge but the summary of charges wasn’t published.

I think there’s definitely some enabling going on.

Since SS mugshot was time stamped 5:27am - I suspect her mom knew about the DUI.

And you don’t want to get a DUI in NC.
License taken on the spot. And if you’re found guilty it’s a one year license revocation. For a first time clean slate no aggravating charges. They are tough.

Since SS mugshot was time stamped 5:27am - I suspect her mom knew about the DUI.

And you don’t want to get a DUI in NC.
License taken on the spot. And if you’re found guilty it’s a one year license revocation. For a first time clean slate no aggravating charges. They are tough.

I think that’s how it should be. I know people make mistakes but it’s such a HUGE mistake that can have even bigger consequences.

I am saddened to see Savannah has yet to be found. I was certain someone would have id’d at least one of the men from the video/still.

They can’t take your license until you’re guilty. The soonest they would’ve revoked her license would’ve been at the hearing she missed and that’s only if she had hired an attorney. Otherwise, she would’ve been appointed an atty at that hearing.
You mean they would provide you an atty for a DUI? Hard to believe.

You mean they would provide you an atty for a DUI? Hard to believe.

Furthermore, technically they would’ve just given her a card with the public defender’s office info on it. It would’ve been up to her to schedule an appt and set herself up with one.

If the babies were born the 19th she was barely two weeks post partum. She had no business being out anywhere for a long evening so soon after giving birth. She was not recovered enough. This coming from the mom of four who had easy deliveries and uncomplicated recoveries. I still remember what happened when I tried to do too much too soon because I felt good.bless her it seems like she was determined to self destruct. I'm not judging her, I hate it for her and that her life was in such a place that she made these decisions. I fear this will not have a happy ending.

If the babies were born the 19th she was barely two weeks post partum. She had no business being out anywhere for a long evening so soon after giving birth. She was not recovered enough. This coming from the mom of four who had easy deliveries and uncomplicated recoveries. I still remember what happened when I tried to do too much too soon because I felt good.bless her it seems like she was determined to self destruct. I'm not judging her, I hate it for her and that her life was in such a place that she made these decisions. I fear this will not have a happy ending.

They were actually born in the beginning of December. I agree with what you’re saying about the ending though, unfortunately :(

The courts would be swamped if you provided free legal assistance for DUI's jmo

It’s a constitutional right. If you can’t afford an attorney, they have to provide you with a public defender. They absolutely provide people who get charged with DUI’s with public defenders if they can’t hire a private atty. Most people take pleas that are arranged by their attorney and the prosecutor, especially if it’s aggrivated.

LE has identified them and according to articles released- they’ve provided the names to her family. They just haven’t been identified in MSM yet.
Oh wow - I missed that. Has LE mentioned if the guys’ gave any account of what happened later that evening?

Why is that hard to believe? If you plead not guilty and need a public defender, you're given one lol. That's the way the American judicial system works.

You can fight a DUI.
You can fight a speeding ticket. In my state you can hire an atty to fight it or fight it yourself, but you will not be provided a free atty.

Oh wow - I missed that. Has LE mentioned if the guys’ gave any account of what happened later that evening?

Yes they said one of the guys said that she took off on foot and that’s all he knew. There are a few articles on here about it but it’s probably easier to just google. It doesn’t sound promising :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member