Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Lancaster is wet. It’s crazy, driving across county lines, wet/dry/moist......

It is crazy. It’s political and it’s stupid. I don’t know how many people I’ve known that would drive 45 mins to an hour to go out to the bars in Louisville and then drive back home that same night after drinking. It’s just dangerous.

Her family asked every one to report her profile because of all the negative comments that were being made on her pictures :(

Awful that people rub salt in the wound. I’m not surprised, based on what I hear around Lex area.

Right. I’m only surprised they traveled so far w/o getting stopped whether the driver was a DD or not. We have a lot of law on the roads at night.

With the s-10 getting stopped on the 9th, for having a headlamp out, and you can see that it has one out in the parking garage photo, I'm surprised that "black truck guy" made it to GC, w/o getting stopped somewhere along the way. The truck is a beater too so, combined with a missing headlamp, it's like driving a red flashing sign; Pull Me Over.

Do a lot of posters really believe she is hiding due to a DUI court appearance?

If so, I guess that explains pages about DUI laws. But I really doubt she is hiding out. Jmo

Yup. ......can’t elaborate/TOS
Not just posters, locals feel the same.

Do a lot of posters really believe she is hiding due to a DUI court appearance?

If so, I guess that explains pages about DUI laws. But I really doubt she is hiding out. Jmo

I don’t think so at all. She wouldn’t have even been sentenced yet at the appearance she missed. Her running off would be a happier ending than what I think is going to be the actual result :(

With the s-10 getting stopped on the 9th, for having a headlamp out, and you can see that it has one out in the parking garage photo, I'm surprised that "black truck guy" made it to GC, w/o getting stopped somewhere along the way. The truck is a beater too so, combined with a missing headlamp, it's like driving a red flashing sign; Pull Me Over.

I’d imagine he had to take mostly back roads lol.

It is totally ridiculous as well as hideously dangerous, imo, for the need to travel to drink or purchase liquor.

It really is. A lot of counties are starting to transition from dry now that the population of votes is younger. The main push in Spencer co were the dangers from DUI and alcohol related accidents.

Exactly, RSD, so much law on the roads. Especially near a dry county, they watch for people coming home.
I don’t think so at all. She wouldn’t have even been sentenced yet at the appearance she missed. Her running off would be a happier ending than what I think is going to be the actual result :(
IMO, maybe not posters but locals seem to think she's “lying low”. Honestly, I’ve people more interested in a missing barn cat. Jmo

Exactly, RSD, so much law on the roads. Especially near a dry county, they watch for people coming home.

IMO, maybe not posters but locals seem to think she's “lying low”. Honestly, I’ve people more interested in a missing barn cat. Jmo

I’m just saying I don’t. As a poster I don’t and as a local I don’t. I know a lot of people who are aware of her disappearance. She’s not technically a local to Lexington though and with it being a big county, there’s not that personal feel you get in smaller counties.

I think the way people consume news makes a huge difference too. The majority of people my age and younger, don’t really watch local news and stick mostly to streaming. That makes a difference when it comes to be aware of what’s going on around you.

I’m just saying I don’t. As a poster I don’t and as a local I don’t. I know a lot of people who are aware of her disappearance. She’s not technically a local to Lexington though and with it being a big county, there’s not that personal feel you get in smaller counties.

I think the way people consume news makes a huge difference too. The majority of people my age and younger, don’t really watch local news and stick mostly to streaming. That makes a difference when it comes to be aware of what’s going on around you.

Agree. Some of the younger generation I’ve talked to get their news from FB & make off the wall comments, expanding from FB posts they’ve read.

Sadly, the older generation seems, imo, to feel she had no biz out & about. That’s ridiculous. As well as wrong. Moo

I think our local TV do a great job reporting on SS & keeping us updated.

That was the womens basketball game, they don't get a huge crowd :( It isn't that odd for them to come to Lexington from Girrard Co. because Girarrd Co is dry. They can't buy alcohol there and they also don't serve alcohol. A lot of younger people come from the surrounding dry counties into Lexington for the sole reason of going to the bars. That's why DUI rates are so high in those areas of the state. Madison Co, where Richmond is located, is considered "moist." The county itself is dry, but Richmond allows for alcohol to be sold in establishments that sell a certain percentage of food.

A lot of my friends from EKU would drive out to Lexington because there just wasn't anything to do out there. We were all 21 and older and wanted to go out. If they didn't come to Lexington, they'd come to Louisville.

I didn't realize it was the women's game. Yeah, female's games don't bring the big crowds. I used to go to Lex, Richmond, and Louisville for a change of pace, back in the day (still do when I get cabin fever).

Garrard County is wet (moist) though. I visited a BBQ place there, back last fall, and they serve beer. The little Mexican joint has a bar, but, there's still not a lot of options for 20 somethings. Package liquor stores there now, too. They've been wet for several years now. I've fam in Lincoln / Garrard counties, and we ride a lot throughout the region, so I know quite a few of the roads n such.

I didn't realize it was the women's game. Yeah, female's games don't bring the big crowds. I used to go to Lex, Richmond, and Louisville for a change of pace, back in the day (still do when I get cabin fever).

Garrard County is wet (moist) though. I visited a BBQ place there, back last fall, and they serve beer. The little Mexican joint has a bar, but, there's still not a lot of options for 20 somethings. Package liquor stores there now, too. They've been wet for several years now. I've fam in Lincoln / Garrard counties, and we ride a lot throughout the region, so I know quite a few of the roads n such.

Oh yeh! Lancaster is wet. The county itself is dry. I always forget it’s similar to Madison Co and Richmond.

I’d imagine he had to take mostly back roads lol.

That's what I've been wondering. What route did they take home? There's a couple three different routes they could've left out toward GC. What if something happened, in the vehicle, on the way to where they were going? Everyone freaks out. They dispose of the body. They'd want to jump off the main hwy and be gone.

A search warrant was served at the last place SS was known to have been. LE took a car away for analysis. The warrant was for a reason. LE has to have a threshold of evidence that there was foul play.

This is not consistent with SS running away from her problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members