Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that’s a fair assumption to make. I think it might also be protocol. It took months after Crystal Roger’s disappearance for them to presume she was no longer living.
Darn! Part of me has been hoping she either got pulled into sex trafficking or ran off. :(

I’m just saying I don’t. As a poster I don’t and as a local I don’t. I know a lot of people who are aware of her disappearance. She’s not technically a local to Lexington though and with it being a big county, there’s not that personal feel you get in smaller counties.

I think the way people consume news makes a huge difference too. The majority of people my age and younger, don’t really watch local news and stick mostly to streaming. That makes a difference when it comes to be aware of what’s going on around you.

Geek here. I get most of my news, t.v., radio, and reading, shopping, and visiting, done on my laptop. I think that the theory that she's taken off somewhere, keeps bubbling to the surface (and I hope that's the case) and it has caused folks to look at it like, she's gonna pop up any day now.

Makes me wonder if "THE OTHER BAR" has cameras installed on the inside of the bar and if they have turned them over to LE. I also wonder if more cameras from other places besides the few they have released show anything that LE is holding back on right now. Cameras are darn near everywhere anymore. I am hoping they have more images but just not releasing anything on them yet. Even if it is cameras on traffic lights to show a time stamp when " the vehicle " went here , there or wherever.
I think any camera images would be good to build a time frame. From the time she went in to the bar - who was with her when she came in , if anything nefarious was spotted while in the bar - maybe a drink being tampered with , when she left the bar - was she walking stable etc etc What vehicle did she get in when she left and which way they went. I hope there is way more images then the three that has been released. Hopefully her phone can shed some light as well.
I just want this girl to be found . However , I don't feel that she is with us any longer. My heart breaks for those 4 babies and her mama.

This is sorta on topic and off topic. I did not know that this was becoming a "thing".

The 48-Hour Missing Challenge;

“When we talk about anybody going missing, it's very dangerous, and we immediately send out a ton of resources because every second counts. To find out a person was hiding, is a big issue," said Officer Johnathan Frisk with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Crime Prevention.

Earlier this week, NBC Charlotte covered the frantic search for 13-year-old Diana Clawson. Detectives were on the hunt, and neighbors created a search team.

About 24 hours later, Diana was found. In fact, she was never actually missing. The teen was hiding under her bed, surrounded by shoes.

Parents and police are outraged over the '48-Hour Missing' challenge

Makes me wonder if "THE OTHER BAR" has cameras installed on the inside of the bar and if they have turned them over to LE. I also wonder if more cameras from other places besides the few they have released show anything that LE is holding back on right now. Cameras are darn near everywhere anymore. I am hoping they have more images but just not releasing anything on them yet. Even if it is cameras on traffic lights to show a time stamp when " the vehicle " went here , there or wherever.
I think any camera images would be good to build a time frame. From the time she went in to the bar - who was with her when she came in , if anything nefarious was spotted while in the bar - maybe a drink being tampered with , when she left the bar - was she walking stable etc etc What vehicle did she get in when she left and which way they went. I hope there is way more images then the three that has been released. Hopefully her phone can shed some light as well.
I just want this girl to be found . However , I don't feel that she is with us any longer. My heart breaks for those 4 babies and her mama.

I am wondering what the cameras picked up also. Depending on which way was traveled to Garrard County, they would have encountered some traffic cameras along the way. On either Harrodsburg Road, Nicholasville Road, or I-75 South. I wonder how well those traffic cameras are able to see occupants inside of a car.

Louisiana search crew offers help to find Savannah Spurlock
Louisiana-based search team ‘packed and ready’ to help in search for Savannah Spurlock
"To help find Savannah, Louisiana's Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team has offered to help in the search. The team most recently worked to find Emily Wade, a missing woman in Ennis, TX. Wade is a native of Cynthiana.
Cajun Coast's Commander, Toney Wade, told WKYT they are waiting for final approval from Richmond Police before they join the search.Wade expects to hear back from the Richmond Police Department sometime Monday.

Do a lot of posters really believe she is hiding due to a DUI court appearance?

If so, I guess that explains pages about DUI laws. But I really doubt she is hiding out. Jmo

I don't think that's what happened, but I strongly believe in thoroughly understanding all the possibilities, even if they're remote.

A search warrant was served at the last place SS was known to have been. LE took a car away for analysis. The warrant was for a reason. LE has to have a threshold of evidence that there was foul play.

This is not consistent with SS running away from her problems.

Indeed. I think it’s abundantly clear that there is something afoul, but because she was not without flaw, the pearl clutchers on FB and other similar unmoderated venues are insisiting she ran away, or was the cause of her own disappearance, by daring to go drink a couple of months post-DUI. She may have had substance use disorder, they say (which is of course very possible), so she did this to herself, they insist.

“She walked out of the bar with men, she should have foreseen this! If she would have been home, this NEVER would have happened!” They say.

I think looking at the statistics behind the opioid epidemic would educate them. Its not just junkies in alleyways, it’s not 1971 anymore. It could be the soccer mom sitting next to you at practice, who got hooked after knee surgery. It can be the teenager playing soccer on the field, who stole Dad’s script and now buys them with his Christmas money. It’s the man who works at Walgreens, the attorney who works the possession case, the kids lining the sidesalk on the way into courthouse. It’s everywhere, people, and digging your head firmly into the sand is to your detriment.

The men could be addicts. She could be. Could be, none of them are. We simply don’t have enough data to say they weren’t casual friends, where something went very, very wrong...or complete strangers.

Victims are so often vilified, especially when they’re women. I’m glad Websleuths has stringent rules about that because FB comments make me snarl like a dinosaur.

A search warrant was served at the last place SS was known to have been. LE took a car away for analysis. The warrant was for a reason. LE has to have a threshold of evidence that there was foul play.

This is not consistent with SS running away from her problems.
I don't believe this was the last place SS was seen. It could have been, but I don't think its been reported.

That's what I've been wondering. What route did they take home? There's a couple three different routes they could've left out toward GC. What if something happened, in the vehicle, on the way to where they were going? Everyone freaks out. They dispose of the body. They'd want to jump off the main hwy and be gone.

I wonder if she may have been sick & things went from bad to worse. After having the twins, she was new to the party scene & alcohol may have hit her quicker. Jmo.
I hope today they can do some fly overs. There’s so many fields she could be in, jmo.

Indeed. I think it’s abundantly clear that there is something afoul, but because she was not without flaw, the pearl clutchers on FB and other similar unmoderated venues are insisiting she ran away, or was the cause of her own disappearance, by daring to go drink a couple of months post-DUI. She may have had substance use disorder, they say (which is of course very possible), so she did this to herself, they insist.

“She walked out of the bar with men, she should have foreseen this! If she would have been home, this NEVER would have happened!” They say.

I think looking at the statistics behind the opioid epidemic would educate them. Its not just junkies in alleyways, it’s not 1971 anymore. It could be the soccer mom sitting next to you at practice, who got hooked after knee surgery. It can be the teenager playing soccer on the field, who stole Dad’s script and now buys them with his Christmas money. It’s the man who works at Walgreens, the attorney who works the possession case, the kids lining the sidesalk on the way into courthouse. It’s everywhere, people, and digging your head firmly into the sand is to your detriment.

The men could be addicts. She could be. Could be, none of them are. We simply don’t have enough data to say they weren’t casual friends, where something went very, very wrong...or complete strangers.

Victims are so often vilified, especially when they’re women. I’m glad Websleuths has stringent rules about that because FB comments make me snarl like a dinosaur.

Ita. Many think bing post DUI & birthing twins she needed to be home & if she met with foul play, she asked for it.
With the Polar Vortex rolling in, I hope they can cover some ground today. We are expected to have record setting negative wind chills.

Hear hear. Very well put.

I often feel worse for the people who get themselves into trouble. They've made mistakes, they've gotten in too deep--and then nobody will throw them a life preserver because they shouldn't have been walking on quicksand.

Right. Like I'm so perfect.

Honestly, I think we need to stop with the FB rumors, which aren't supposed to be discussed here.

We also need to stop with the blaming of Savannah being missing because she had a DUI and four children at home, two that she just gave birth to 7 weeks ago. Her children were home safe, it's not like she abandoned them or left them alone with an abuser.

We need to find her. She may be a victim here, and that is what we should focus on- finding her. Not going back and forth as to whether or not she should have been home or insinuating that she's some wild child that deserves to be judged because she went out for a night. That's not helping find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018